PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Tejada to Houston?

shellman54
07-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Miggy possibly on the move?
Jul 20 - Though Astros GM Tim Purpura didn't come out and say it, indications are that Houston is interested in acquiring Tejada.
"One, I'd like this club to perform more consistently," Purpura said in a report in the Houston Chronicle. "That's our No. 1 objective, to get this club producing and winning together. From there, obviously you have to look at what opportunities come up, what makes sense, and how do you improve your ballclub.

It's believed the Orioles are looking for three players, including ones with major league experience.

Orioles owner Peter Angelos has little interest in trading his All-Star shortstop, according to a report in the Los Angeles Times. He told the Baltimore Sun he would have to be blown away by an offer.

An executive told the Sun that the Orioles would want a top-of-the-rotation starter and high-level prospects for Tejada.

The Angels apparently made a run at Tejada in June and hoped to move him to third base. But the Orioles reportedly wanted right-hander Ervin Santana, second baseman Howie Kendrick and reliever Scot Shields in return.

Maroon87
07-20-2006, 02:30 PM
They had a chance to trade for him in the offseason and passed. We'll see what happens. good to see the Astros aren't going to stand pat, but I hate to think what they might give up in return.

Sweetwater Red
07-20-2006, 02:38 PM
My Tigers went after him pretty hard last off-season. I bet he is
regreting it now. I also heard Detroit is in the running for Abreu
and Soriano. :D

AggieJohn
07-20-2006, 03:16 PM
i'm betting we see hunter pence and matt hirsch gone because of this

htowntransplant
07-20-2006, 04:23 PM
i didnt know JASON hirsh had a brother that played in the stros organization...lol. hey i dont think the tigers need abreau. no need to tinker with the vibe they have going for them...it may change the chemistry negatively. if the astros make the deal and include hirsh, i wll be angry. hirsh is a #1 starter waiting in the wingfs, and i wouldnt want a guy that possibly does roids. the astros have more pressing needs, like in the pen...and shortstop is not a MAJOR area of concern.

big daddy russ
07-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Tejada's good, but he isn't worth THAT much. Sounds like they want a proven, All-Star caliber major leaguer (Andy Pettite?) plus a prospect.

Maroon87
07-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Tejada's good, but he isn't worth THAT much. Sounds like they want a proven, All-Star caliber major leaguer (Andy Pettite?) plus a prospect.

They'd probably want either Oswalt, Backe, or Buchholz since they've got less mileage on them than Pettite.

BTW Astros lost 4-1 today. Pettite got the "L".:(

AggieJohn
07-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
i didnt know JASON hirsh had a brother that played in the stros organization...lol. hey i dont think the tigers need abreau. no need to tinker with the vibe they have going for them...it may change the chemistry negatively. if the astros make the deal and include hirsh, i wll be angry. hirsh is a #1 starter waiting in the wingfs, and i wouldnt want a guy that possibly does roids. the astros have more pressing needs, like in the pen...and shortstop is not a MAJOR area of concern. sorry iwas thinking of matt albers, who we gave up before hand for huff

wedo
07-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
They'd probably want either Oswalt, Backe, or Buchholz since they've got less mileage on them than Pettite.

BTW Astros lost 4-1 today. Pettite got the "L".:(

Giving up Backe for Tejada IMO is a great move b/c Backe is always hurt!!!

District303aPastPlayer
07-20-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i'm betting we see hunter pence and jason hirsch gone because of this

i was thinking this and maybe carlton jimerson or someone else producing alot in AA... maybe some AAA guy almost there...