PDA

View Full Version : Should ESPN have this on their front page???

Adidas410s
07-20-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about this. One...I could see why they might want to discuss it...but can't somebody's service in our army just be left alone...especially considering that he served with honor and died because of our involvement in international conflicts?

http://espn-att.starwave.com/i/eticket/20060719/i/skirmish2_412x480.jpg

Sweetwater Red
07-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah, that's a bit harsh. But, ESPN doesn't need to discuss the
friendly fire issue. Leave that for Time or Newsweek.

Blastoderm55
07-20-2006, 02:16 PM
While its sad that the Army used his death as a marketing scheme, ESPN should let the issue rest. Medal or not, Tillman was truly and honorable man and should be remembered as one. He should NOT be remembered as a man who received a medal which he did not earn. He should be remembered as a man who sacrificed everything for a cause he believed in. There is nothing more honorable than that.

Ranger Mom
07-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
While its sad that the Army used his death as a marketing scheme, ESPN should let the issue rest. Medal or not, Tillman was truly and honorable man and should be remembered as one. He should NOT be remembered as a man who received a medal which he did not earn. He should be remembered as a man who sacrificed everything for a cause he believed in. There is nothing more honorable than that.

Amen and Amen!!!!!

pirate4state
07-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
While its sad that the Army used his death as a marketing scheme, ESPN should let the issue rest. Medal or not, Tillman was truly and honorable man and should be remembered as one. He should NOT be remembered as a man who received a medal which he did not earn. He should be remembered as a man who sacrificed everything for a cause he believed in. There is nothing more honorable than that. :clap: :clap: :clap: Well said!!!

Bullaholic
07-20-2006, 02:22 PM
The modern media doesn't care "what" it prints---it only cares that the reading public remembers the name of the publication that printed it. To be "famous" or "infamous" count the same number of points to publishers.

Sweetwater Red
07-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Yeah, that's a bit harsh. But, ESPN doesn't need to discuss the
friendly fire issue. Leave that for Time or Newsweek.

I don't mean Tillman's specifically. But, as a general issue.