PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France - Stage 17

Phil C
07-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Floyd Landis has won the stage! After yesterday's disaster he has done great today. I don't know if it will be enough to overcome the deficits but it does show great determination and effort on his part. Of course he may have tired himself out. We will wait and see the outcome of how the others do but he must be commended for great effort.

Phil C
07-20-2006, 10:58 AM
This was an outstanding and courageous performance by Floyd Landis and was needed after yesterday's disaster. He was 8 minutes behind after yesterday and all but considered out of the race. Now today he is in third place 30 seconds behind the leader Oscar Pereiro and 18 seconds behind second place Carlos Sastre.

There are still two stages to go but if he can keep it close after tomorrow's race he has a great chance to pull it off in Saturday's time trial which is he considered very good at.

What an amazing comeback!

Phil C
07-20-2006, 01:51 PM
Below Floyd Landis on his way to victory on Stage 17 getting support from one of the American supporters.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060720/capt.4686f58dbce14711b19d625003330fbe.cycling_tour _de_france_tdf146.jpg

Adidas410s
07-20-2006, 01:56 PM
when I heard this on the radio this I started to think...oh boy I'm sure that this has just made Phil's day!!!

Go Landis...

GO USA!!!

Phil C
07-20-2006, 02:54 PM
A great day indeed Ad. The Tour de France is about over. I think tomorrow the main leaders will stay in the peloton and save their strenth for Saturday. If any of them break tomorrow I think they will be pursued fairly quickly. We will have to wait and see. This has been a strange but interesting and exciting Tour so any surprise can now be considered no surprise.
Floyd is considered the favorite to win the long time trial on Sunday but will it be enough since the top three are so close together? We will see. Remember by tradition the Tour is considered over by Saturday even though they finish in Paris Sunday but on that day they all ride into Paris together and the race has been decided the day before.
Be sure to watch the long time trial Saturday.

pirate4state
07-20-2006, 03:03 PM
:clap: Thanks for the updates Phil. :)

Adidas410s
07-20-2006, 03:12 PM
I thought the time trial was on Saturday and then the ride into Paris was on Sunday. Are both of them on Sunday??? I'm confused...:confused:

Phil C
07-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I thought the time trial was on Saturday and then the ride into Paris was on Sunday. Are both of them on Sunday??? I'm confused...:confused:

Right you are Ad! The Time trial is Saturday and shouldn't be missed. Thanks for the correction and I have corrected my post. Go Floyd! Go USA!