PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Football Players

big daddy russ
07-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Taking a page out of OldSkool's book. I typed this whole thing up then realized he was talking about baseball players. This is for the football players.

Originally posted by OldSkool1
Just a little fun of all time best players from ur school list them and then ur argument.

Sinton Jamie Sepeda and Adrian Alaniz we beat anyone!!
On Alaniz' team (Sinton '01)
DT Zach Peterson was a hoss- It was him (not Chance Schmidt, Jason Brittain, Curt Jones, or any of those other studs) that was the key to your defense.... Eliminate him, no championship run

Ingleside
RB/LB/DE/everything, Paul Campbell ('98 squad)- The team went 2-8, but that was more because of coaching than sheer talent... He was one of those "what if" players... Was something like 6'3", 230 and ran a legit 4.6, maybe even a 4.5... Should've gone D-I

RB Bubba Jackson ('95 squad)- We don't have much to talk about as far as recent success, but that '95 team became the first Ingleside team in 31 years to make the playoffs, and it was largely because of this guy. Rolled off almost 2,000 yards (If I remember correctly, it was right around 1,800) in 13 games.

QB Ryan Peel ('95 squad)- Best QB we've had since IHStangFan's dad. Hell, he may have been better.

DE Leonard Williams ('96 squad)- Big and fast. Was about 5'11", 225 lbs, and ran in the 4.7's. Last I heard, he was playing with the Arena League team in Austin.

RB Davy Lyons ('97 squad)- The quickest RB I've ever met and maybe the most amazing HS player I've ever seen. Was only about 5,'7", but weighed in at around 185 and was Barry Sanders-like in his ability to get out of a jam. When your team goes 6-4, though, and misses the playoffs, you don't get much recognition. So he went to Texas Lutheran where he became an All-Conference player.

There were a few from the early 50's and 60's that went on to play D-I, and two that have played in the NFL but I'll have to find my newspaper clippings and archives.

IHStangFan
07-20-2006, 12:39 AM
youre spot on w/ that Peterson kid from Sinton, whatever happened to him?

ALSO, do you remember the Ham kid from George West at QB?? that kid was amazing, but had absolutely NOTHING around him, he WAS the talent on the team. could throw, could run, quick decision making ability....

How bout the McCarty kid from Bishop? AMAZING

Dat Nyguen when he was at Rockport-Fulton....a man among boys

And I used to like to watch the Huegler kid play for Ingleside back in ....what....02? the little linebacker that was about 5'7 145 and put Alaniz on his arse.....HARD....greatest play I've ever seen. that kid lacked size, but he played w/ pure heart...w/ a little wreckless abandonment mixed in. I also remember the first play of the first game of their soph. year.....kickoff....he hit the return man...knocked him out, dislocated his sholder and broke his arm all in one tackle. Huegler didnt have a scratch. That kid as a joy to watch.

Fal44
07-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Falfurrias's 2000-2001 team Running back Mark Cates Had over 2,000 yards rushing and over 30 TD's..

IHStangFan
07-20-2006, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Fal44
Falfurrias's 2000-2001 team Running back Mark Cates Had over 2,000 yards rushing and over 30 TD's.. dang....pretty impressive.

Fal44
07-20-2006, 02:02 AM
yeah I know and he happens to be my first cuz.. I got the size he got all the talent what a shame...

IHStangFan
07-20-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Fal44
yeah I know and he happens to be my first cuz.. I got the size he got all the talent what a shame... hell, how do ya think I feel......if it werent for my younger cousin, I'd be a 6'1" runt!! LOL. Thank goodness he was born.....hes only 5'7" his older brother is 6'7" though!! then theres another cousin thats 6'4"

Fal44
07-20-2006, 02:08 AM
Imm the youngest Out of all the 1st cousins and I happen to be the tallest measuring in at 6'2 the rest are all little runts 5'7 a few 5'11 but none taller than me

Fal44
07-20-2006, 02:13 AM
http://usera.imagecave.com/Fal44/Mark.jpg

Thats a picture of Him against Yoakum in Area, They Lost 14-6 he had over 100 yards. It was a rainy night and plus there was a "RUMOR" that his line took some pills before the game so they wouldnt feel anything which caused the false starts. Just a Rumor which I dont doubt cause they are sick like that.