PDA

View Full Version : All-Time Baseball Teams

OldSkool1
07-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Just a little fun of all time best players from ur school list them and then ur argument.

Sinton Jamie Sepeda and Adrian Alaniz we beat anyone!!

District303aPastPlayer
07-19-2006, 11:39 PM
Sinton:

Pitching Staff:
Jaime Sepeda -- UT, Pro Journeyman
Adrian Alaniz -- UT, National Champion
Brian Hartung -- I forgot where he went to college, could bring the heat
Mike Adams -- A&M-K, Padres??
Steve Sepeda/Jason Adams... take your pick...

RF: Rodney Rodriguez
C: Rick Dyer/Orlando Gutierrez
1B: Hector Gallegos

take anyone else from the 88-89, and the 03(?) state title squads, and fill in...

big daddy russ
07-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I had this big spiel typed out, then realized it was a baseball thread. Oh well, I'll type up a new one...

Oh, and the ones that I know off the top of my head:

Kenny Burnett, P
Jake Day, P

pirate4state
07-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I had this big spiel typed out, then realized it was a baseball thread. Oh well, I'll type up a new one...

Oh, and the ones that I know off the top of my head:

Kenny Burnett, P
Jake Day, P

:clap: Jake Day!!! :thumbsup:

pirate4state
07-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Sinton:

Pitching Staff:
Jaime Sepeda -- UT, Pro Journeyman
Adrian Alaniz -- UT, National Champion
Brian Hartung -- I forgot where he went to college, could bring the heat
Mike Adams -- A&M-K, Padres??
Steve Sepeda/Jason Adams... take your pick...

RF: Rodney Rodriguez
C: Rick Dyer/Orlando Gutierrez
1B: Hector Gallegos

take anyone else from the 88-89, and the 03(?) state title squads, and fill in...

P: Jaime & Adrian
C: Willie Medlock/Orlando G.
1B: ???
2B: Chance Schmidt
SS: Adrian, Josh Torres
3B: Taylor Edwards
LF: ???
CF: Joe Henry Doria
RF: :thinking: :D

big daddy russ
07-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: Jake Day!!! :thumbsup:
That poor kid had his arm ran into the ground. The coach pitched him every game except four that year.

I remember talking to the HC that year (I was working for the paper) and asking him about it. He wouldn't respond.

At the beginning of the year, Jake had been clocked at 89. Because of him, Ingleside almost pulled off the upset of Sinton (and I think they were the top-ranked team in the state that year), but Sinton pulled it off by a score of either 1-0 or 2-0. Absolutly no run support. By the end of the year (the second Sinton game), Jake's heater was only getting up to 83 and Ingleside got blown out of the park. Sad thing is, we had another kid in school who was actually a better pitcher than Jake and would've given us that second pitcher that we needed. He started at QB for the varsity team his freshman year (1998), was throwing in the 80's even back then, but then just dropped out of athletics altogether. If we would've had both of those kids, Jake's arm may have been in decent enough shape to where he could've taken that scholarship.

kepdawg
07-20-2006, 12:27 AM
Baseball?

I don't know much about baseball, but I'll give it a try.

Jasper:

Josh Girdley because he struck out 29 batters in a 10 inning game in high school and he was the 6th overall pick in 99. Injuries plagued his minor league career and eventually ended his career before he made it to the bigs.

Max Alvis played 3B for the Indians from 62-29 and with the Brewers in 70. He played in the 65 and 67 all-star games.

Phil Hennigan pitched for the Indians from 69-72 and with the Mets in 73.

j_dog
07-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Baseball?

I don't know much about baseball, but I'll give it a try.

Jasper:

Josh Girdley because he struck out 29 batters in a 10 inning game in high school and he was the 6th overall pick in 99. Injuries plagued his minor league career and eventually ended his career before he made it to the bigs.

Max Alvis played 3B for the Indians from 62-29 and with the Brewers in 70. He played in the 65 and 67 all-star games.

Phil Hennigan pitched for the Indians from 69-72 and with the Mets in 73.
These are the best from Jasper, but there are several more who signed and played professionally in the minors. I think a few even made it to the majors briefly. I think there was a Joe ?? Gilbert who pitched a few years for Montreal. Maybe someone else can confirm, or correct me on that.

tigerpride_08
07-20-2006, 08:09 PM
some jackson came from old wharton..i dont know his first name but he played for the marlins..

AggieJohn
07-20-2006, 08:52 PM
J.R Pickens - Ole Miss- Pitcher and 3a Player of the Year in 1998
Rob Kirkland - UH pitcher....could of thrown Bullpen in the majors, became a head coach in 3a baseball later

VWG
07-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Chase Wright from Iowa Park, drafted by the Yankees and still in their farm system. Pitcher who could throw 90+.

Toby Dollar from Graham, drafted out of HS by the Twins I think. Didn't sign but took scholarship from Miami, but ended up college career at TCU. Drafted by the Dodgers out of college, and I think got as far as AAA but never made it to the majors.

Tiger Baseball
07-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Sonny Cumbie from Snyder, chose football instead of baseball at Texas Tech, playing arena fb for LA at this time.

cdlvj
07-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Homer Bailey - La Grange Chatanooga Lookouts
Trlicek - La Grange - LA Dodgers, one of the canadian teams

Kenn Kasparek - Weimar - UT

Shiner has a bunch, Can remember the oldies
Carrol Sembera, Vic Roznovsky, and I believe Freddy Patek.

Columbus - Doug Rau

Adidas410s
07-21-2006, 08:36 AM
for me I would have to refer to Abilene Cooper...since growing up that is where I always wanted to play baseball. Over a 2 year period (1986 and 87), they had 11 or 12 guys go D1 and/or be drafted in the amatuer draft. 4 of them (Pugh, Satre, Marshall, Tollison) made it to AA in their organization and Jason Satre made it to AAA pretty quick before getting tossed around from the Reds, to the Orioles, to the Red Sox once he found out that he loved the bottle more than the diamond.

They had a few more players in the mid-90's that were part of a state finalist team that lost to Ben Grieve and Arlington Martin. They've also had 2 or 3 guys that played at A&M in the past few years that have been picked up in the middle rounds of the amateur draft.

I guess you could also throw John Lackey of the Angels into the mix...though he did go to Abilene High. Funny thing about Lackey is that he wasn't even a pitcher in HS. He was a DH and 1B. He didn't start pitching until he got to JUCO ball @ Grayson (I think). I guess it turned out alright for him...:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
07-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
for me I would have to refer to Abilene Cooper...since growing up that is where I always wanted to play baseball. Over a 2 year period (1986 and 87), they had 11 or 12 guys go D1 and/or be drafted in the amatuer draft. 4 of them (Pugh, Satre, Marshall, Tollison) made it to AA in their organization and Jason Satre made it to AAA pretty quick before getting tossed around from the Reds, to the Orioles, to the Red Sox once he found out that he loved the bottle more than the diamond.

They had a few more players in the mid-90's that were part of a state finalist team that lost to Ben Grieve and Arlington Martin. They've also had 2 or 3 guys that played at A&M in the past few years that have been picked up in the middle rounds of the amateur draft.

I guess you could also throw John Lackey of the Angels into the mix...though he did go to Abilene High. Funny thing about Lackey is that he wasn't even a pitcher in HS. He was a DH and 1B. He didn't start pitching until he got to JUCO ball @ Grayson (I think). I guess it turned out alright for him...:rolleyes:

I think I've told you this before...

The CFO of the company I work for is Lackey's uncle. I have lackey
on my fantasy league team this year. He's doing pretty well.