PDA

View Full Version : Home Security Question

kaorder1999
07-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Gotta a question for yall. I am looking into getting Brinks Home SEcurity for my house. The question I have is....do I have to have an active phone line in order to have the monitoring serveice. I only have a cell phone and do not have a phone line at my house. Im sure that is something that Brinks can answer for me tomorrow but I wanted to know tonight.....

anyone else have a home security system they would reccommend and what does it cost monthly?

KTJ
07-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Get a dog.

SintonFan
07-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Get a dog.
I still have that Catahoula/Pit Bull mix.:D

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2006, 11:36 PM
I think you would have to have a land-line.

SintonFan
07-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Gotta a question for yall. I am looking into getting Brinks Home SEcurity for my house. The question I have is....do I have to have an active phone line in order to have the monitoring serveice. I only have a cell phone and do not have a phone line at my house. Im sure that is something that Brinks can answer for me tomorrow but I wanted to know tonight.....

anyone else have a home security system they would reccommend and what does it cost monthly?
I had a home security system with the new "monitoring service" installed in my house some time back and had it un-installed. The service was around 40-50 bucks a month and yes it tied into our phone line. I could not justify spending that kind of money with ADT. What made me vote against it was that the service would be much higher because I was told that to have fire protection, in addition to our premium home security account, I would have to pay quite a bit more for that service. And the service, while it was to be a nice piece of mind, turned out to be more than what I wanted to pay for it. I had 48 hours to change my mind and did. I did get a more tradition service for pennies on the dollar and can call the owner of the company anytime if I have a concern.:)
I hope that helps.

SintonFan
07-19-2006, 11:42 PM
double post..:o

Rabbit'93
07-19-2006, 11:44 PM
josh PM me with what you want/need. I got a buddy in that business.

sahen
07-20-2006, 12:05 AM
the 12 gauge pump shotgun has been my security system of choice...no you dont need a phone line for that...though u might want one if you get crappy cell phone service in ur house to call the ambulence to pick up any bad guys that try to test your security system...:)

GreenMonster
07-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by sahen
the 12 gauge pump shotgun has been my security system of choice...no you dont need a phone line for that...though u might want one if you get crappy cell phone service in ur house to call the ambulence to pick up any bad guys that try to test your security system...:)

Isn't it against the Baylor Code of Conduct to be in possession of a firearm?? Seems like that was one of the concerns brought up when that Basketball player got murdered by his teammate. :confused:

SintonFan
07-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Isn't it against the Baylor Code of Conduct to be in possession of a firearm?? Seems like that was one of the concerns brought up when that Basketball player got murdered by his teammate. :confused:
He's in Houston now. It's understood that while in Houston you do as the Houstonians do.:cool:

IHStangFan
07-20-2006, 12:44 AM
get an H&K USP Tactical, install a Gemtech can and run heavy grain Hydrashocks through it.......silent and deadly :D :p

SintonFan
07-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
get an H&K USP Tactical, install a Gemtech can and run heavy grain Hydrashocks through it.......silent and deadly :D :p
lol
Please PM what that all means...:)
my bro lives in deer park :eek:

AggieJohn
07-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

it is against the A&M Dorm rules, found that one out the hard way

luvhoops34
07-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I still have that Catahoula/Pit Bull mix.:D

I used to raise them....Hands down THE BEST DOG on the planet. Sadly, I don't have any left. Had to sell/give them away when my first husband passed away. They are excellent with kids and will sure get after a cow, wild hog, coyote, cat or varmit around your place. I never worried about my daughter being outside when she was small as long as the dogs were loose.