PDA

View Full Version : seems KL3 is a liar

lostaussie
07-19-2006, 08:26 PM
i read this yesterday and kept my mouth shut. but i did some investigating. its hard for me to believe a person would make up an outright lie about a kid and also a very respected sportswriter. first i will post what KL3 fabricated and then i will post smoaky's direct email to me. whether you want the kid to succed or not, there is no use to make up lies. i could care less where he went to school, but i will take up for him when i know a lie is a lie.

Originally posted by KL3
Thought this was pretty funny. Seems Florida never even offered Kinne either. So pretty much he had 1 school that wanted him as a QB....Baylor.

This is from Smoaky.com....

"Thanks for your interest...but unless I've missed something, there's really no reason to announce anything.

After numerous phone calls, and a lot of "digging", if you look at G.J.'s list of "favorites", the only school that I know for a fact has offered him a scholarship, is Baylor.

Tennessee never did, USC and UT never did...OU never did...and based on conversations with members of the Gilmer coaching staff, Florida never did.

It's common procedure and protocol for a college recruiter to contact the high school football coach when they're about to, or have already offered a scholarship.

The only program on record that's done so is Baylor.

The previously reported visit to Gainesville, Florida mentions July 21st weekend, but if you read anything out of UF...Kinne is rarely mentioned, plus they have two highly-ranked blue-chips who've just arrived on campus (remember, Jevan Snead changed his commitment from Florida to UT after another blue-chip QB committed to Florida). July 21st is "next" weekend...and that trip might never occur.

I like G.J. quite a bit...he and I have a solid relationship...but there's something weird going on.

Back in the early-Spring, a family member told me G.J. would make his announcement on my afternoon sports talk show...and then, while I was on vacation, I was told about the FSN press release about Sunday night's announcement.

When I contacted G.J. about a week ago, he said he'd call me on Sunday afternoon and allow me to release the information on Smoaky.com.

Since then, my calls to him and calls to other members of the family haven't been returned, and they've ALWAYS returned my calls throughout the past year. In fact, not even his high school coach has had phone calls returned for about a week.

I still might get that call on Sunday afternoon, but based on the past week, I'm not expecting anything.

Quite frankly, based on my previous information, I'm not sure there's a reason to make the announcement anyway, there doesn't appear to be a choice, other than the one offer we know about.

Does any of this make sense to you?

Thanks for your interest, and have a great summer.

Smoaky"

Also, Kinne's HS coach wrote on Rivals this morning admitting that Florida never offered him.

lostaussie
07-19-2006, 08:30 PM
this is what i recieved from smoaky

That was "never-ever" something that was posted or appeared on Smoaky.com.

I spoke with G.J. late on Sunday afternoon about when I could release his commitment, and we both agreed on 10:00pm, and I actually waited until he appeared on set with Ric Renner.

My homepage coverage of G.J.'s commitment was short and sweet, "Gilmer's G.J. Kinne gives verbal commitment to Baylor University. G.J. told me he chose Baylor of Florida."

I received no-less than 40-50 emails from Baylor fans throughout last week, all of whom were excited about his impending commitment, but I was also on vacation for a lot of that time, and I tried responding to as many of them as possible.

One theme I continued to stress to every Baylor fan was G.J. would end up at Baylor, I just couldn't see anything keeping him from playing alongside his father, again.

Had he chosen Florida, or another program, I would've been happy for him.

I think G.J. is a highly-motivated, talented, and obviously competitive quarterback, and what he and others accomplished last season at Canton was truly mind-boggling.

I had the chance to broadcast three of Canton's playoff games a year ago, and I know what he's capable of producing on the field.

I hope G.J. continues to mature as both a person and football player, and I hope he helps Baylor return to being more competitive.

I look forward to watching him put up some huge numbers in Gilmer, and I know he will.

AggieJohn
07-19-2006, 08:40 PM
what's his initials stand for and what's your webpage...PM me this info

lostaussie
07-19-2006, 08:43 PM
i don't have a clue what his initials stand for and i don't have a web page.

sahen
07-19-2006, 08:52 PM
according to the Waco Tribune Herald and Kinne Jr. he got offers from Florida, Tennesee, and A&M....OU and USC expressed interest....here is the article
http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2006/07/19/07192006wacjerryh.html Aggies on here please disreguard the smack talk that Kinne Jr. had at the end of the article, I don't want to get into a discussion about that on this board....

G.J. stands for Gary Joe

GreenMonster
07-20-2006, 12:54 AM
Look at that PHANTOM NE Texas Correspondent coming through in the clutch! Good work Aussie! :clap: :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
07-20-2006, 08:09 AM
:doh: :doh: It seems if you were going to make up something like that, you wouldn't attribute it to someone that's so easily verifiable. :doh:

AggieJohn
07-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by sahen
G.J. stands for Gary Joe goodness, why doesn't he go by gary then, i hate saying G.j>

lostaussie
07-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: It seems if you were going to make up something like that, you wouldn't attribute it to someone that's so easily verifiable. :doh: beats the heck out of me. why would you wish to try to embarass any KID on a public forum. i guess i'm just not that way. i want all kids to succeed, whether they play for my school or not. but i just could not sit watching and not say something. he at one time had official offers from tennessee, florida and baylor along with interests from lots of others. baylor is probably where he needs to be. for me, i don't care. but if it had been another kid from another school, and i knew someone had done this, i would have still called him out. too dang many good people on here to have to deal with a few idiots.

STANG RED
07-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
beats the heck out of me. why would you wish to try to embarass any KID on a public forum. i guess i'm just not that way. i want all kids to succeed, whether they play for my school or not. but i just could not sit watching and not say something. he at one time had official offers from tennessee, florida and baylor along with interests from lots of others. baylor is probably where he needs to be. for me, i don't care. but if it had been another kid from another school, and i knew someone had done this, i would have still called him out. too dang many good people on here to have to deal with a few idiots.

Good call lostaussie!!! You did the right thing.

AggieJohn
07-20-2006, 09:05 AM
i don't have a clue what his initials stand for and i don't have a web page. sorry just read the whole thing

sahen
07-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
goodness, why doesn't he go by gary then, i hate saying G.j> I think he does it because his dad goes by GJ and he was named after him...but i dont know the kid personally so maybe there is another reason?

lostaussie
07-22-2006, 09:23 PM
ttt.................i want to make sure KL3 gets to see it:D

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 02:56 AM
ttt.................i want to make sure KL3 gets to see it:D

He may be like one certain poster last season who was "called out" and has never signed on since then!!:eek:

Fal44
07-23-2006, 03:00 AM
liar liar!

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Fal44
liar liar!

Pants on fire!!!:D :D :D :D

(I REALLY need to get in bed)

Fal44
07-23-2006, 03:09 AM
I will not go to bed till we depart to dallas..!

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Fal44
I will not go to bed till we depart to dallas..!

You can hold the board down then....I am seeing cross-eyed about now!!

GOOD NIGHT one and all!!

Fal44
07-23-2006, 03:14 AM
ok sure can Do.. Night momma

Old Tiger
07-23-2006, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Pants on fire!!!:D :D :D :D

(I REALLY need to get in bed) lol...I didn't see the quote above this and I was like...naughty naughty

Fal44
07-23-2006, 03:19 AM
lol nice thinking

Gobbla2001
07-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Good work Australian... I love seeing people put in their place when they make up chit out of the blue...

I just got home, I really need to get to bed...

KL3
07-23-2006, 11:20 AM
Wow, some of you people are hilarious. The information I posted on this forum was simply copied and pasted from a Websider post from the Rivals network. Smoaky posts on there and the longhorn board all the time. In fact, he doesn't even hide who he is, his username is "Smoak". You don't think he would post something on a forum, it get seen by people from Gilmer, and then he try to cover it up?

And you people calling me out are pretty ridiculous. I've never said the kid wasn't a good player, in fact I've tried to make that pretty clear in other posts. I was simply saying that A&M and the other schools DID NOT offer Kinne as a QB. I know OU offered as an ATH but not as a QB.

Get a clue people before you start running your mouths and calling people out.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Wow, some of you people are hilarious. The information I posted on this forum was simply copied and pasted from a Websider post from the Rivals network. Smoaky posts on there and the longhorn board all the time. In fact, he doesn't even hide who he is, his username is "Smoak". You don't think he would post something on a forum, it get seen by people from Gilmer, and then he try to cover it up?

And you people calling me out are pretty ridiculous. I've never said the kid wasn't a good player, in fact I've tried to make that pretty clear in other posts. I was simply saying that A&M and the other schools DID NOT offer Kinne as a QB. I know OU offered as an ATH but not as a QB.

Can you provide us with a link to that post??

Sweetwater Red
07-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by KL3

Liar! :D :devil: :D

KL3
07-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Can you provide us with a link to that post??

No, I can't. Like I said above, it came from the Rivals network which would mean I would have to supply my password for anyone to see the post. Judging by the reactions of posters on this board, who knows what crazy thing they might do with that information.

Sweetwater Red
07-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by KL3
No, I can't. Like I said above, it came from the Rivals network which would mean I would have to supply my password for anyone to see the post. Judging by the reactions of posters on this board, who knows what crazy thing they might do with that information.

Lighten up Francis.

District303aPastPlayer
07-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by KL3

uhh yes you can. some of us are members of the rivals network. provide the link. stop stalling

Gobbla2001
07-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by KL3
No, I can't.

Then you're lying...

gobbler grad
07-23-2006, 01:45 PM
:doh: will we ever know the truth...:thinking:

lostaussie
07-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
:doh: will we ever know the truth...:thinking: i already do:D

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by KL3

I have a user name and password at Rivals, I don't need yours.

Post the link please!

KL3
07-23-2006, 10:04 PM
You people are nuts if you think I'm just gonna randomly post my information for everyone to see. Also, just b/c you have a Rivals sub, doesn't mean you can see every school's premium board. You have to have a Texas A&M membership to see the post, which I doubt you people do. Surely you all know that.....

Gobbla2001 along with the others on this board, how old are you? Because you are all acting like 10 year olds.

KL3
07-23-2006, 10:08 PM
And again I'll post this, I never said Kinne wasn't a good player, I just said he wasn't offered by A&M/OU/Texas/Florida/Tenn to play QB. Good pickup for Baylor, that is all.

Let's hear what Matthew328 has to say about this subject, he writes for Rivals. I'm sure he knows the A&M rivals guys, lets see what they tell him.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by KL3
You people are nuts if you think I'm just gonna randomly post my information for everyone to see. Also, just b/c you have a Rivals sub, doesn't mean you can see every school's premium board. You have to have a Texas A&M membership to see the post, which I doubt you people do. Surely you all know that.....

Gobbla2001 along with the others on this board, how old are you? Because you are all acting like 10 year olds.

I'm 42, if it's any of your business. I have never said anything about your post, so don't be telling me how old I am acting.

At this point, it's pretty much your word against Lostaussie's. Smoaky personally sent him an email saying he didn't write that.....so what are we supposed to think?

You never specified exactly what membership you had to have to view it, so don't be telling me what I should know!

sahen
07-23-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm 42, if it's any of your business. I have never said anything about your post, so don't be telling me how old I am acting.

At this point, it's pretty much your word against Lostaussie's. Smoaky personally sent him an email saying he didn't write that.....so what are we supposed to think?

You never specified exactly what membership you had to have to view it, so don't be telling me what I should know! the waco tribune herald disagrees w/ him as well according to the article i posted earlier....oh i had a link also...

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 10:14 PM
the waco tribune herald disagrees w/ him as well according to the article i posted earlier....oh i had a link also...

Disagrees with who?? KL3??

sahen
07-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Disagrees with who?? KL3?? yah...disagrees w/ KL3....as far as who offered Kinne

kaorder1999
07-23-2006, 10:18 PM
the thing is....most newspapers go by what the recruit tells them as to who they have been offered by. That info always comes from the recruit or the high school head coach. Rarely, if ever, does the news agency check with the Universities athletic department as to whether or not they offered someone. Sometimes the school will release a press release but only if a recruit commits.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 10:18 PM
yah...disagrees w/ KL3....as far as who offered Kinne

Thanks!!

I could really care less one way or the other. I just was curious to read the thread myself. How was I to know it was a super secret forum??

sahen
07-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
the thing is....most newspapers go by what the recruit tells them as to who they have been offered by. That info always comes from the recruit or the high school head coach. Rarely, if ever, does the news agency check with the Universities athletic department as to whether or not they offered someone. Sometimes the school will release a press release but only if a recruit commits. true but y would a recruit lie about the offers he received? taht makes no sense to me especially if he has alreayd commited....

anyway i really could care less who offered him and im happy he will be at baylor, i just thought people would want to know that Florida, Tennesee, Baylor, and A&M offered him while OU and USC expressed interest, and that is according to Kinne/Waco Tribune Herald....

piratebg
07-23-2006, 10:36 PM
KL3 is a freakin liar...........and I don't know why. I just noticed everyone else is saying this so I decided to grab my pitchfork and join the fun. I really haven't followed this thread all that well. :D

JasperDog94
07-24-2006, 08:50 AM
true but y would a recruit lie about the offers he received? taht makes no sense to me especially if he has alreayd commited.... Uhhhh...to make himself look better. Duh.:doh:

I really don't know who to believe, but a kid making up offers from other schools has happened before and it will happen again. It's a way of saying "Look how good I am. Look at who all wants me to play for them."

Again, I'm not saying Kinne or anybody else is lying. I don't know. Just don't naive enough to think that a kid wouldn't make something up like that.

lostaussie
07-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Uhhhh...to make himself look better. Duh.:doh:

I really don't know who to believe, but a kid making up offers from other schools has happened before and it will happen again. It's a way of saying "Look how good I am. Look at who all wants me to play for them."

Again, I'm not saying Kinne or anybody else is lying. I don't know. Just don't naive enough to think that a kid wouldn't make something up like that. thats really not even my point. my point was david Smoak never made this statement. The whole post was fabricated by somebody to make Kinne look bad. As i have said before, i don't care where he goes to school, but don't make a post up and put somebody else's name on it. That was my point.

lostaussie
07-24-2006, 09:36 AM
btw. his initial post claimed it was from smoaky.com. when he tried to defend it he said it was from rivals. he may not have written it but somebody did other than David Smoak.

Bull's-eye
07-24-2006, 01:12 PM
First of all, I have met KL3 and he is a fine young man. I know he has a passion for following high school football recruitment. Last night, I did some research and found that their had been some smack talking between Kinne and Texas A&M. I honestly believe KL3 is not lying and that he posted exactly what was stated. Now the source could be inaccurate, especially with the bad blood between Kinne and A&M. I also read some Florida Gator websites where many posters talked about getting Kinne. Some thought he was a very good fit for Florida and some thought they could find a better prospect.

Now the name calling and the "liar liar pants on fire" type comments are a bit childish. Maybe lostaussie should of sent KL3 a private message and questioned his source, before calling him a liar. :thinking: Same goes for all the other posters and their childish remarks.

Ranger Mom
07-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
First of all, I have met KL3 and he is a fine young man. I know he has a passion for following high school football recruitment. Last night, I did some research and found that their had been some smack talking between Kinne and Texas A&M. I honestly believe KL3 is not lying and that he posted exactly what was stated. Now the source could be inaccurate, especially with the bad blood between Kinne and A&M. I also read some Florida Gator websites where many posters talked about getting Kinne. Some thought he was a very good fit for Florida and some thought they could find a better prospect.

Now the name calling and the "liar liar pants on fire" type comments are a bit childish. Maybe lostaussie should of sent KL3 a private message and questioned his source, before calling him a liar. :thinking: Same goes for all the other posters and their childish remarks.

you know...I am the one who posted "pants on fire" in answer to whoever posted liar liar, because that was the first thing I thought of when I read it.....my post was meant as a joke.

I don't feel any need to apologize to anyone. If I was acting "childish" when I posted it, so be it....I am 42 years old, I would rather be accused of acting childish from time to time rather then being an "old bitty"!!:D

Bull's-eye
07-24-2006, 01:21 PM
thats really not even my point. my point was david Smoak never made this statement. The whole post was fabricated by somebody to make Kinne look bad.

That somebody wasn't KL3. I think he deserves an apology.