PDA

View Full Version : Hey Stang Red.....

AP Panther Fan
07-19-2006, 02:52 PM
I haven't been around much lately and was wondering how your trip to Port A went? Got any good stories?:cool:

STANG RED
07-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I haven't been around much lately and was wondering how your trip to Port A went? Got any good stories?:cool:

Dang yall got a lot of rain down there. Every field and barditch we saw for the last 30 or so miles was flooded, but we didnt have to drive through any deep water. It rained the first two nights we were there, but the days were just nice and cloudy. The last day we were there, it got real sunny though, and I got a pretty nasty sunburn, and was only out in it about 5 hours.
We had to set in line for over an hour to get on the feary when we first got there. Does that happen often? Thats the first and only time it has happened to me. They had 4 running,I think, so I'm not sure what was taking so long.
All in all, we had a great time, and I would like to compliment the people of Aransas Pass on their friendliness. We were treated well, everywhere we went.

AP Panther Fan
07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Those ferry lines can be horrible....imagine the one you were in times 4 on a holiday weekend.:eek:Most islanders plan on only making right hand turns whenever they are going to the store, post office etc...the traffic can get really bad.

We did have ALOT of rain...most of it the day before you arrived. Now we just have ALOT of mosquitos!:mad:

I hope the accomodations were okay and that you had the opportunity to eat out at some of the better restaurants. Did your daughter get to make the trip with the rest of the family?

Butkus
07-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Dang yall got a lot of rain down there. Every field and barditch we saw for the last 30 or so miles was flooded, but we didnt have to drive through any deep water. It rained the first two nights we were there, but the days were just nice and cloudy. The last day we were there, it got real sunny though, and I got a pretty nasty sunburn, and was only out in it about 5 hours.
We had to set in line for over an hour to get on the feary when we first got there. Does that happen often? Thats the first and only time it has happened to me. They had 4 running,I think, so I'm not sure what was taking so long.
All in all, we had a great time, and I would like to compliment the people of Aransas Pass on their friendliness. We were treated well, everywhere we went. But did ya catch any fish.

STANG RED
07-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
But did ya catch any fish.

Nope. Never even baited a hook. Didnt really have time this time around, and this trip was more for the whole family anyway. I've never even tried deep sea fishing before. Maybe I'll get a chance next time.

STANG RED
07-20-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Those ferry lines can be horrible....imagine the one you were in times 4 on a holiday weekend.:eek:Most islanders plan on only making right hand turns whenever they are going to the store, post office etc...the traffic can get really bad.

We did have ALOT of rain...most of it the day before you arrived. Now we just have ALOT of mosquitos!:mad:

I hope the accomodations were okay and that you had the opportunity to eat out at some of the better restaurants. Did your daughter get to make the trip with the rest of the family?

I have no compaints about the accomodations. We ate alot of good food while we were there. I dont know if it's considered one of the better restaurants or not, but we really liked Moby Dicks.
My wife and daughter both had a week off at the same time, so we all got to go. LOL, even though my daughter is 19 now, she still has alot of kid in her. When she noticed the Barnum & Bailey Circus was in Corpus, she pleaded and pleaded till we gave in and went. I glad we did. It was a great time, but awfully expensive. $23 each for tickets, $10 for a bag of cotton candy, $6 for popcorn, and $4 for a drink. At least it was a good show, and it got us in out of the heat for awhile.

AP Panther Fan
07-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Nope. Never even baited a hook. Didnt really have time this time around, and this trip was more for the whole family anyway. I've never even tried deep sea fishing before. Maybe I'll get a chance next time.

Don't know if you remember the long highway/causeway between Aransas Pass and the Ferry at Port A, but both sides of the road are surrounded by the various bays and fishing holes. Going to the ferry, you passed the Lighthouse Lake Kayak Trails (on the left).

Next time you and the family make the trip, you need to try kayaking (it really is something everyone can enjoy). Let me know if you do, I have a couple of friends that have a kayak business and they will provide you with everything...life jackets, ice chests etc...they will also deliver the boats, pick them up at a designated time etc... The owner also does guided fishing trips. Just a thought....:D