PDA

View Full Version : Game(s) of the week?

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Okie doke folks.....44 days until zero week games. Do you want to continue to have game(s) of the week polls?

pirate4state
07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Maybe it'll help keep all the nonsense off the board...:doh: oh sorry, I fell asleep....http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/zzz.gif :D

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Maybe it'll help keep all the nonsense off the board...:doh: oh sorry, I fell asleep....http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/zzz.gif :D
So you want to delete the site all together?

pirate4state
07-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
So you want to delete the site all together? Are you admitting that it's all nonsense? :p

Bullaholic
07-19-2006, 01:36 PM
I think making the G.O.W a sticky helps to let everyone make a post to one thread for that particular game and saves a bunch of search time. Plus, it keeps other threads from being "pirated"---now that would be a switch....a non-football thread "pirated" by a football-related post. (Excluding the "terrible twosome" fans of course). :D

AggieJohn
07-19-2006, 01:44 PM
i don't care if we have it, i just don't want the board to become STICKY heaven

Bullaholic
07-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i don't care if we have it, i just don't want the board to become STICKY heaven

They ain't "flypaper" ya know, AJ. :D Once you read them--or not, you can get away from them.

AggieJohn
07-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
They ain't "flypaper" ya know, AJ. :D Once you read them--or not, you can get away from them. but it bothers the mess out of me

big daddy russ
07-19-2006, 02:06 PM
I love 'em. I say you should keep them going.

pirate4state
07-19-2006, 02:07 PM
but it bothers the mess out of me in the grand scheme of things is it REALLY that big of a deal??? :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
07-19-2006, 02:07 PM
but it bothers the mess out of me

Well, in that case, you have just insured "sticky heaven" from LHPM and RM---they ain't going to miss that opportunity. :D

pirate4state
07-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Well, in that case, you have just insured "sticky heaven" from LHPM and RM---they ain't going to miss that opportunity. :D http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif true...true... :evillaugh

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, in that case, you have just insured "sticky heaven" from LHPM and RM---they ain't going to miss that opportunity. :D
That gives me an idea! :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

pirate4state
07-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That gives me an idea! :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

AggieJohn
07-19-2006, 02:24 PM
in the grand scheme of things is it REALLY that big of a deal??? :rolleyes: no, i'm so glad i have so much influence on the board

pirate4state
07-19-2006, 02:29 PM
no, i'm so glad i have so much influence on the board Wake up and go see a doctor.

AggieJohn
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM
i've awaken a monster

lostaussie
07-19-2006, 03:00 PM
but it bothers the mess out of me if that bothers you, you got worse problems than a sticky:D

Bandera YaYa
07-19-2006, 03:16 PM
no, i'm so glad i have so much influence on the board ...yeah, and I'm a cross between the Easter bunny and the Tooth Fairy!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 03:28 PM
We should get a website.

IHStangFan
07-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I always kind of liked reading the Games of the Week threads to see who was doing what.

Snydertigersrul
07-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Check Snyder's schedule and there are your 10 games of the week

LH Panther Mom
07-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Check Snyder's schedule and there are your 10 games of the week
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Stick around. It doesn't exactly work that way.

44INAROW
07-19-2006, 10:00 PM
Okie doke folks.....44 days until zero week games. Do you want to continue to have game(s) of the week polls?

44 - that is such a special number :) :D

SintonFan
07-19-2006, 11:55 PM
no, i'm so glad i have so much influence on the board
Just because you've awaken A Monster I'm gonna go to the top right of the main page and donate to http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8155/paypaltr6.gif (http://imageshack.us) once for me, and once again for some other random poster not named AggieJohn.:p :D

SintonFan
07-20-2006, 12:16 AM
OK, I couldn't randomly choose myself and one other so I just chose two who recently had accolades they earned.:cool:
Now, It's time I sent a PPHSFan sized donation.:D :inlove: :p

htowntransplant
07-21-2006, 09:25 AM
i think its a good idea only because it is very helpful for newcomers to 3a (who i was roughly 2 yrs ago...hence my name htowntransplant....i was transplanted from houston area 4a by d303aPP) so that they can get an idea as to who the good teams are or who the prime players and coaches are in 3a. i still have lots to learn.

is there a way to add a forum to this site? we can call it "Game of Week Archives" so whenever u post a Game of Week sticky, the next week it can be moved to the archive forum to open a spot for the upcoming weeks thread. leave the GOW stickies up till wednesday of each week, then move it and start one for the next week, and then people can post the wednesday prior to a game and the wednesday following the game. if people still want to post about it after that, then they can always look in the archives forum. that way u wont have a sticky heaven

AggieJohn
07-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
i think its a good idea only because it is very helpful for newcomers to 3a (who i was roughly 2 yrs ago...hence my name htowntransplant....i was transplanted from houston area 4a by d303aPP) so that they can get an idea as to who the good teams are or who the prime players and coaches are in 3a. i still have lots to learn.

is there a way to add a forum to this site? we can call it "Game of Week Archives" so whenever u post a Game of Week sticky, the next week it can be moved to the archive forum to open a spot for the upcoming weeks thread. leave the GOW stickies up till wednesday of each week, then move it and start one for the next week, and then people can post the wednesday prior to a game and the wednesday following the game. if people still want to post about it after that, then they can always look in the archives forum. that way u wont have a sticky heaven pu tthat in the suggestion thread

pirate4state
07-21-2006, 10:03 AM
is there a way to add a forum to this site? we can call it "Game of Week Archives" so whenever u post a Game of Week sticky, the next week it can be moved to the archive forum to open a spot for the upcoming weeks thread. leave the GOW stickies up till wednesday of each week, then move it and start one for the next week, and then people can post the wednesday prior to a game and the wednesday following the game. if people still want to post about it after that, then they can always look in the archives forum. that way u wont have a sticky heaven :thinking: Sounds like a good idea!! Maybe it could replace the coaching discussion since nothing is ever going on there.

LH Panther Mom
07-21-2006, 10:05 AM
:thinking: Sounds like a good idea!! Maybe it could replace the coaching discussion since nothing is ever going on there.
Well, there is that bright idea of a civil war thread. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pirate44
07-21-2006, 02:58 PM
that was better than my idea of a buy, sell and trade online garage sale thread:nerd:

piratebg
07-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Keep em :)

Ranger Mom
07-21-2006, 11:52 PM

Isn't that all the Sweetwater/Snyder threads???

Oh wait....on second thought, those aren't so "civil" afterall!!;)

Sweetwater Red
07-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Isn't that all the Sweetwater/Snyder threads???

Oh wait....on second thought, those aren't so "civil" afterall!!;)

Ranger Mom and her crush on Sweetwater:inlove: :D

Snydertigersrul
07-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Ranger Mom and her crush on Sweetwater:inlove: :D

Ranger Mom has a secret crush on Snyder, not Sweetwater.

Ranger Mom
07-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Ranger Mom has a secret crush on Snyder, not Sweetwater.

In your dreams!!:p

Snydertigersrul
07-22-2006, 02:04 PM
In your dreams!!:p

Ranger Mom really is a Snyder supporter

Ranger Mom
07-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Ranger Mom really is a Snyder supporter

You know, I guess I will be as far as playoffs go, since we are now in the same district.

I can't guarantee if Sweetwater and Snyder meet up and play a playoff game that I would be rooting for the Tigers.

I look SO much better wearing Red!!:D

sinton66
07-23-2006, 09:25 AM

is there a way to add a forum to this site? we can call it "Game of Week Archives" so whenever u post a Game of Week sticky, the next week it can be moved to the archive forum to open a spot for the upcoming weeks thread. leave the GOW stickies up till wednesday of each week, then move it and start one for the next week, and then people can post the wednesday prior to a game and the wednesday following the game. if people still want to post about it after that, then they can always look in the archives forum. that way u wont have a sticky heaven

You don't need a seperate forum, we have the search engine. All threads are accessible unless they have been moved or deleted.

Snydertigersrul
07-23-2006, 06:10 PM
You know, I guess I will be as far as playoffs go, since we are now in the same district.

I can't guarantee if Sweetwater and Snyder meet up and play a playoff game that I would be rooting for the Tigers.

I look SO much better wearing Red!!:D

I think Ranger Mom would look better wearing Black and Gold.
:devil:

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 08:35 PM
I think Ranger Mom would look better wearing Black and Gold.
:devil:

That's not what the fashion consultant told me!!:D