PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of NCAA 2007

wedo
07-19-2006, 07:49 AM
What do yall like best, or least about the game??

YBS
07-19-2006, 08:05 AM
Feels good to back...

I like least the fact that I played for an hour yesterday and still haven't played a season game yet.

Adidas410s
07-19-2006, 08:12 AM
I played about 3 quarters yesterday. I like that they "toned down" the Impact Player and Adrian Peterson is now able to be tackled by one guy. However...it still throws me off a bit because I'm used to my RB being able to run through most solo tackles. However...they've made that aspect of the game more realistic.

The jukes are more realistic now. It's more of a shoulder shake than a guy stoping and jumping sideways 3 or 4 yards and then being right back at full speed.

I think I will also like the new "jump the snap" feature once I have time to get comfortable with it.

The new playbooks are good. You can do a lot more in the passing game and your receivers are pretty solid. I saw some new animations with guys going up to make some sick one-handed catches...definitely liked that.

I DON'T like the new controls. Every NCAA game you have switched players with the X button (on ps2) on defense...and now that is the sprint option. This caused me to have 3 or 4 Defensive PI's called on me within a few quarters. I was very good with the "user pick" on the older game...but now I have to get used to a new set of controls.

CalallenWildcat
07-19-2006, 08:19 AM
I agree with Adidas...the worst thing is not changing players on defense with the X.

What I like most...hmmm, SMU's jerseys actually are realistic, the jukes are great now, and I guess I will like jump the snap once I figure it out more (it cost me a defensive stop last night :mad: )

wedo
07-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I played about 3 quarters yesterday. I like that they "toned down" the Impact Player and Adrian Peterson is now able to be tackled by one guy. However...it still throws me off a bit because I'm used to my RB being able to run through most solo tackles. However...they've made that aspect of the game more realistic.

The jukes are more realistic now. It's more of a shoulder shake than a guy stoping and jumping sideways 3 or 4 yards and then being right back at full speed.

I think I will also like the new "jump the snap" feature once I have time to get comfortable with it.

The new playbooks are good. You can do a lot more in the passing game and your receivers are pretty solid. I saw some new animations with guys going up to make some sick one-handed catches...definitely liked that.

I DON'T like the new controls. Every NCAA game you have switched players with the X button (on ps2) on defense...and now that is the sprint option. This caused me to have 3 or 4 Defensive PI's called on me within a few quarters. I was very good with the "user pick" on the older game...but now I have to get used to a new set of controls.

You can switch it back if you go to Controller layout and switch it to classic. But the X button still doesn't switch deffenders until the ball snaps!! To me it is a lot harder to run the ball now!!

CalallenWildcat
07-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by wedo
You can switch it back if you go to Controller layout and switch it to classic. But the X button still doesn't switch deffenders until the ball snaps!! To me it is a lot harder to run the ball now!!

I've had no problem running the ball...DeMyron Martin had 202 yds against UNT my first game.

wedo
07-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
I've had no problem running the ball...DeMyron Martin had 202 yds against UNT my first game.

I think it b/c im messing with the slide protection too much!!

aggie
07-19-2006, 09:22 AM
My biggest problem is with the 360 version....it is pretty watered down....great graphics, but not much on the presentation end.

Adidas410s
07-19-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by wedo

Yeah I did that it doesn't fix my problem. At least in 2006 you could switch to "2005" controls. Not anymore though...:(

CalallenWildcat
07-19-2006, 09:31 AM
I also like the momentum meter, once I get it going in my favor there's no stopping me...

btw for the games I have played here are my results...

SMU 31 UNT 17
SMU 49 Arkansas State 28 (they scored two late TDs against my second string D)
SMU 62 East Carolina 14

big daddy russ
07-19-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm with adidas... except I've never played '06. I've been playing '05 for the past two years and have had a hard time adjusting to the new controls.

Adidas410s
07-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm with adidas... except I've never played '06. I've been playing '05 for the past two years and have had a hard time adjusting to the new controls.

don't hate the player...HATE THE GAME!!! ;)

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah I did that it doesn't fix my problem. At least in 2006 you could switch to "2005" controls. Not anymore though...:(
The classic controls are exactly the same as 05 controls.

injuredinmelee
07-19-2006, 12:33 PM

your a punk for playing with blOwyoU anyways.

District303aPastPlayer
07-19-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

i am too for playing with Chokelahoma...

CalallenWildcat
07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i am too for playing with Chokelahoma...

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain.
Oklahoma,
Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I
Sit alone and talk and watch a hawk
Makin' lazy circles in the sky.
We know we belong to the land
And the land we belong to is grand!
And when we say
Yeeow! Ayipioeeay!
We're only sayin'
You're doin' fine,
Oklahoma!
Oklahoma O.K.

CalallenWildcat
07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread like that LOL :D

You guys need to play with some bad teams, it's more challenging that way!!!

Keith7
07-19-2006, 12:43 PM
One thing that is crappy about this game, is that i'm soo good at it, nobody wants to play me

injuredinmelee
07-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Sorry to hijack the thread like that LOL :D

You guys need to play with some bad teams, it's more challenging that way!!!

you are def doing tht with SMU

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
One thing that is crappy about this game, is that i'm soo good at it, nobody wants to play me
I'm undefeated against people from the downlow. I think I can take you, this isn't fantasy football.

CalallenWildcat
07-19-2006, 12:50 PM
you are def doing tht with SMU

Yeah, but we're 3-0 in the game's I've played, and the comp is 2-3 simulating for me with losses to Texas Tech, Tulane, and Marshall (still can't figure out the Marshall loss, but we lost 32-16 in a home game to a bad team)

Fal44
07-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Imm 4-0 with Houston, At first I couldnt stop anyone and i got the jump the snap thing down and I havent had the CPU score more the 20 on Me. there are some pretty sick animations in this game the one handed catches are sweet.

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Is anyone doing campus legend mode?

I made my guy a quartback and after doing all the drills got him a 78 ovr. I think I had him at 80 throw power, 78 accuracy and 80 awareness with 76 speed.

I picked the US history major on hard and I haven't passed an exam yet.

I kind of wish it controled if you were redshirted or not. I picked UT so it's probably realistic that I'm not, but in last years game I was able to start above VY.

slyder
07-19-2006, 01:07 PM
i don't like the way the screen changes when you make a big catch or running back a kick off. when changing defenders if you over shoot your man, you can't go back fast enough before the snap. too many fumbles now.

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Hold down O and press the directional pad and you can pick whoever you want.

Fal44
07-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

I made my guy a quartback and after doing all the drills got him a 78 ovr. I think I had him at 80 throw power, 78 accuracy and 80 awareness with 76 speed.

I kind of wish it controled if you were redshirted or not. I picked UT so it's probably realistic that I'm not, but in last years game I was able to start above VY.

My Player is a WR Overall 70 out of the camp thing, Decided to got to Houston. I have like 86 overall speed with 83 catching and 80 jumping I move him to TE cause thats what I Play so yeah. I picked sports Geography on Easy :D

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 01:32 PM
I wanted to go to a smaller school but only got offers from the top 4 teams.

big daddy russ
07-19-2006, 02:20 PM
The classic controls are exactly the same as 05 controls.
No they're not. On defense, circle switches players and x is sprint... even though it says differently in the "Settings" panel. Also, circle is the only button that will switch players before the snap.

There's a few more, but I forgot what they were. Basically, the game play is completely different, but I think that once I finally get used to it (even though it may take a little while) it'll be easier than '05.

Adidas410s
07-19-2006, 02:24 PM

I didn't play with them. I played against them with Texas. I was up 35-10 late in the 3rd when I quit. How dare you call me out Rick!!!

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad:

CalallenWildcat
07-19-2006, 02:25 PM
I wanted to go to a smaller school but only got offers from the top 4 teams.

That means you get offers from every team. I got the same, you just have to scroll down.

And I chose to go to UT...then I quit the game because I like dynasty better

Pmoney
07-19-2006, 02:25 PM
i got my QB offers from every top 25 team and others after that...but i chose texas and i am struggling through my schedule even though i am 4-0....for some reason my WRs arnt that great they drop passes that hit their hands and the Defenseive secondaries are better on the CPU side.....the only teams i actually killed were Rice and ISU....i barely beat Ohio St....and i beat UNT by like 17....but Jammall Charles is awesome he is at the top of the Heisman Race right now...but the game is fun

Adidas410s
07-19-2006, 02:26 PM
so you get to take tests in the campus legend mode??? That's awesome!!! I think I'll major in chemistry or something...I was pretty bad at that in college! :(

Pmoney
07-19-2006, 02:28 PM
so you get to take tests in the campus legend mode??? That's awesome!!! I think I'll major in chemistry or something...I was pretty bad at that in college! :(
ya i majored in Trophys

Adidas410s
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
i got my QB offers from every top 25 team and others after that...but i chose texas and i am struggling through my schedule even though i am 4-0....for some reason my WRs arnt that great they drop passes that hit their hands and the Defenseive secondaries are better on the CPU side.....the only teams i actually killed were Rice and ISU....i barely beat Ohio St....and i beat UNT by like 17....but Jammall Charles is awesome he is at the top of the Heisman Race right now...but the game is fun

I played one game with Texas yesterday and the top 3 receivers (Sweed, Pittman, and Cosby) all made some great plays for me. You are right about Charles. The man is a B.A. He makes me forget that I have Ramonce Taylor as my 3rd-string RB.

big daddy russ
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM

I've got a RB (myself) who came in as a 72 as a freshman. I could've gone to one of the bigger schools, but decided on TCU because of the chance to start... and the fact that I like a little challenge.

The game's tougher than I thought it'd be, but it's fun. I picked English as a major (the hardest one) because I already know pretty much everything that they ask. I got a 90 on my midterm and an 80 on one of my exams (meeting with tutor), but other than those two questions I didn't miss anything else throughout my first year.

My RB is rated an 80 now (the end of his freshman year), has 91 speed, 89 agility, 87 acceleration, 80 break tackle, and 74 strength, but he's sacrificed awareness and catching ability for it. I play all the games, so awareness isn't that big of a deal and I very rarely throw to my RB... only if everyone downfield is covered and there are no running lanes. They're usually wrapped up as soon as they get the ball if they're the outlet.

Pmoney
07-19-2006, 02:33 PM
I played one game with Texas yesterday and the top 3 receivers (Sweed, Pittman, and Cosby) all made some great plays for me. You are right about Charles. The man is a B.A. He makes me forget that I have Ramonce Taylor as my 3rd-string RB.
ya i havent even played w/ Ramonce Taylor....

c-town_balla
07-19-2006, 06:58 PM
how fast did yall run the 40 in on campus legend?

I got a 4.4 with a LB

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-19-2006, 07:21 PM
In dynasty mode what are the rosters like? Last year they had a few DI AA schools such as Sam Houston. Did they expand on that any?

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 07:50 PM
In dynasty I'm pretty sure the only way you can play 1-aa teams are if your import then into a conference.