Cameron Crazy
07-18-2006, 11:09 PM
What are you playing?:thinking:

Eagle 1
07-19-2006, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
2-0 with with two KO's

Anyone else want a piece of me?

Closing the thread dont consitute a victory only a retreat in my book.

Emerson1Emerson1
Starter

Member #: 6248

Are you that big of an idiot? What do the stats not show?

A run attempt would be anytime he either got sacked or ran with the ball. So if he was supposed to pass, but ran it it still counts as run.

So that 155 includes designed runs, sacks and undesigned runs.

So it's not like he had 155 designed runs then 400 scrambles.

If you knew football, you would know tu's offense was built around VY. His mobility won them a nt last year. When the pass was covered the coaches relied on his ability to run the ball.
Qb scrambles dont count as running plays, sorry to disappoint you. You know as well as I do that he ran the ball twice as much and any other qb out there just by scrambling. Why? Because he threw like a sissy, sidearm. No wonder he threw as many interceptions as he did td's in his career.
This is how he learned to throw the ball when he was young.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1649/vinceyoungthrowingmp2.gif

bobcat1
07-19-2006, 06:41 AM
2-0 with with two KO's Anyone else want a piece of me?

Typical Emmy, very typical. What in the blue hell did you win?ZACTLY!
You won nothing, but it is okay. I understand that weak mind and no football background. What position did you play Emerson? What school? What years?

3afan
07-19-2006, 07:21 AM
bobcat1 ... FYI, Emerson is a KID who is on here having FUN! I assume he's talking about beating other people onlilne with that NCAA 2007 videio game ....... lighten up man !!! :p ;)

Ranger Mom
07-19-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
bobcat1 ... FYI, Emerson is a KID who is on here having FUN! I assume he's talking about beating other people onlilne with that NCAA 2007 videio game ....... lighten up man !!! :p ;)

No joke!!

I found myself flinching with every post!!

I long for the days when we could all poke fun, talk trash, etc. and every other person didn't get all "butt hurt" over it!!:(

wedo
07-19-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1

If you knew football, you would know tu's offense was built around VY. His mobility won them a nt last year. When the pass was covered the coaches relied on his ability to run the ball.
Qb scrambles dont count as running plays, sorry to disappoint you. You know as well as I do that he ran the ball twice as much and any other qb out there just by scrambling. Why? Because he threw like a sissy, sidearm. No wonder he threw as many interceptions as he did td's in his career.

IF the QB crosses the line of scrimmage with the ball if it was designed or not it counts as a rush!!!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1649/vinceyoungthrowingmp2.gif

wedo
07-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by wedo

IF the QB crosses the line of scrimmage with the ball if it was designed or not it counts as a rush!!!

wedo
07-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Well duh the Offense was built around VY !!!! who else was it going to be built around??? When texas had Simms and Applewhite they were more of a single back, i-form, and they just dropped back!!! when VY came he ran more of a triple option out of the gun, b/c he as the ability to run duh. What would have been stupid of Mack Brown is trying to make VY something that he wasn't!!!! When Texas had Ricky Williams the Offense was built around him too!!!!

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 10:55 AM

Yes buddy, QB scrambles count as pass plays. How in the world are stat keepers gonna know if it was a designed draw or he scrambled?

I am also pretty sure Vince Young led the nation in passing effeciency at the end of the regular season.

O, and Brad Smith had 229 rushing attempts. More than VY

Are you really that stupid? If you knew anything, you would know coaches build the team around there best player. So if TT actually had a quarterback that could make it in the NFl, which they don't because I could be good in TT's little girl passing system, Leach would form the offense to let him do what he does best.

Cameron Crazy
07-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Yes buddy, QB scrambles count as pass plays. How in the world are stat keepers gonna know if it was a designed draw or he scrambled?

I am also pretty sure Vince Young led the nation in passing effeciency at the end of the regular season.

Are you really that stupid? If you knew anything, you would know coaches build the team around there best player. So if TT actually had a quarterback that could make it in the NFl, which they don't because I could be good in TT's little girl passing system, Leach would form the offense to let him do what he does best. Emerson1 is da BOMB!!!! i like the way you put that.

DU_stud04
07-19-2006, 11:16 AM

Are you really that stupid? If you knew anything, you would know coaches build the team around there best player. So if TT actually had a quarterback that could make it in the NFl, which they don't because I could be good in TT's little girl passing system, Leach would form the offense to let him do what he does best.

haha, why does sunny cumbie come to mind.....

he's still playin right? remember him tryinout for some team a while back.

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

I think he is on an AFL team now.

3afan
07-19-2006, 11:42 AM
tu's offense ....

usage of "tu" explains it all .......

Eagle 1
07-19-2006, 11:50 AM

VY's stats were padded. I guarantee he rushed more than 150 something times. We will see how good his passing is in the NFL when he is not so much a threat running the ball.
And no he didnt lead the nation in passing effeciency.
He was third overall (not that I buy that)
Here is the link:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/statistics
Now I know who closed the McCoy vs Snead thread.
Your also wrong about Sonny Cumbie, boy your batting a thousand.
I figured somebody from Snyder would have chipped in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Snyder High star QB signs NFL deal
Sonny Cumbie inks one-year free-agent contract with Baltimore in hopes

By Jason Sheehan / sheehanj@reporternews.com
June 14, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonny Cumbie's dream of playing in the National Football League remains alive.

The Abilene native and former Snyder High School and Texas Tech star signed a one-year free agent contract with the Baltimore Ravens last week, said his agent, Scott Casterline. Cumbie is in Baltimore and could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Cumbie is hoping to make to the Ravens' training camp which opens July 30. If makes it to training camp, he'll battle for the team's third quarterback position, Casterline said.

''I'll take those odds knowing Sonny as well as I do,'' Casterline said. ''He's going to have to fight, but Sonny's a fighter.''

Casterline said the Ravens called soon after Cumbie finished his rookie season with the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League.

Although he didn't play immediately for the Avengers, Cumbie started the last 12 games of the season, completing 268 of his 450 pass attempts (59.6 percent) for 3,241 yards (with only 10 interceptions). His 59 touchdown passes were the seventh highest single-season total by a rookie in AFL history. Cumbie also rushed for three scores and set an Avenger team record with a string of 212 pass attempts without an interception.

Cumbie was named to the Arena Football League's All-Rookie Team in May.

Cumbie turned down scholarship offers from Abilene Christian University and Tarleton State University to walk on at Texas Tech. He didn't start until his senior year, but in 2004, Cumbie led the NCAA in passing with 4,742 yards and threw 32 touchdown scores. He helped guide the team to an 8-4 record, including a 45-31 win in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl over then-No. 4 California.

District303aPastPlayer
07-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

he was with the ravens, i think... and like... he got cut right around the time of McNair deal....

Ranger Mom
07-19-2006, 12:00 PM

You do?? Would you share that info with me, because I don't even know!!

District303aPastPlayer
07-19-2006, 12:11 PM
VY's stats were padded. I guarantee he rushed more than 150 something times. We will see how good his passing is in the NFL when he is not so much a threat running the ball.
And no he didnt lead the nation in passing effeciency.
He was third overall (not that I buy that)
Here is the link:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/statistics
Your also wrong about Sonny Cumbie, boy your batting a thousand.
I figured somebody from Snyder would have chipped in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Snyder High star QB signs NFL deal
Sonny Cumbie inks one-year free-agent contract with Baltimore in hopes

By Jason Sheehan / sheehanj@reporternews.com
June 14, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sonny Cumbie's dream of playing in the National Football League remains alive.

The Abilene native and former Snyder High School and Texas Tech star signed a one-year free agent contract with the Baltimore Ravens last week, said his agent, Scott Casterline. Cumbie is in Baltimore and could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Cumbie is hoping to make to the Ravens' training camp which opens July 30. If makes it to training camp, he'll battle for the team's third quarterback position, Casterline said.

''I'll take those odds knowing Sonny as well as I do,'' Casterline said. ''He's going to have to fight, but Sonny's a fighter.''

Casterline said the Ravens called soon after Cumbie finished his rookie season with the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League.

Although he didn't play immediately for the Avengers, Cumbie started the last 12 games of the season, completing 268 of his 450 pass attempts (59.6 percent) for 3,241 yards (with only 10 interceptions). His 59 touchdown passes were the seventh highest single-season total by a rookie in AFL history. Cumbie also rushed for three scores and set an Avenger team record with a string of 212 pass attempts without an interception.

Cumbie was named to the Arena Football League's All-Rookie Team in May.

Cumbie turned down scholarship offers from Abilene Christian University and Tarleton State University to walk on at Texas Tech. He didn't start until his senior year, but in 2004, Cumbie led the NCAA in passing with 4,742 yards and threw 32 touchdown scores. He helped guide the team to an 8-4 record, including a 45-31 win in the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl over then-No. 4 California.

okay, thats not his efficiency... thats his QB Rating... which is a composite of everything he does. He had a 67.7% efficiency ratin i believe which led the NCAA... and maybe you didnt see where he threw for 3,000 yards? and carpenter accomplished those stats in 6 games as a starter. Also, his QB rating is helped by his 2-2 and 5-6 performances in relief work.

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Breaking news from NCAA Headquarters

All of Vince Youngs accomplishments will be banished because he paid off the stat keepers to pad his stats. In reality he didn't get 3,000+ yards passing and 29 passing touchdowns and he didn't get over 1000 yards rushing on just 155 attempts.

Fal44
07-19-2006, 01:18 PM
sunny cumbie did get cut I remember seeing it on the NFL network bottom scroll thing.

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
3-0 now:cool:

Old Tiger
07-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Eagle1 and bobcat are jealous because their respected(well not really) teams didn't have an athlete of Vince Young's ability.

Was watching the NFL rookie premier and a guy was interviewing VY and was something he said about VY

That's scary he doesn't even act like a rookie

bobcat1
07-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Not Jealous of Vince being with Texas. I hate Mack. When Mack gets fired and he will someday, I may root for Texas again. Right now I hope they don't win a dang game. He took a huge poop on Applewhite and that is the only one I know about. I wash my hands of him. I will root for any other Texas college team that doesn't have Mack Brown associated with it. Well unless they are playing my tortilla throwing Red Raiders! :p

wedo
07-19-2006, 06:24 PM

Man i wish i had the internet so i could play you!!!

Old Tiger
07-19-2006, 06:25 PM
So your hate for Texas is because of the coach? Mack is a great coach who surrounds himself with other good coaches and some even great. Mack is a stud on the recruiting circuit. Can pull in some big time players without traveling out of state. All this QB controversy wouldn't be going on right now if it wasn't for Perriloux(spelling). I agree with you on Applewhite. He screwed him over bad. I've spoke to Major before pretty cool guy.

What if Todd Dodge Coaches the Horns? lol

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm not talking about the game. I have alot more than 3 wins on that

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
So your hate for Texas is because of the coach? Mack is a great coach who surrounds himself with other good coaches and some even great. Mack is a stud on the recruiting circuit. Can pull in some big time players without traveling out of state. All this QB controversy wouldn't be going on right now if it wasn't for Perriloux(spelling). I agree with you on Applewhite. He screwed him over bad. I've spoke to Major before pretty cool guy.

It would be like Mike Leach coming to Texas. Producing and offense that can't score over 20 points against good teams.

Old Tiger
07-19-2006, 06:27 PM
I know your not but I'm just pissed off at EA right now for not having my copy in my 360!

Emerson1
Why did you order it from EA in the first place?

Old Tiger
It would be like Mike Leach coming to Texas. Producing and offense that can't score over 20 points against good teams. The Todd Dodge question was pure sarcasm ;)

Old Tiger
07-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Why did you order it from EA in the first place? I was at the website looking at stuff and the debit card was laying to the right of me and I saw the pre-order deal so I was like what the hell so I pre-ordered it. I had it reserved in like mid June.

bobcat1
07-19-2006, 06:29 PM
If Mack is out, I will root for them again. I can't stomach even looking at him. I could never do a young man or a kid like that. That weak kneed Simms kid will never be very good, Yea he is with Tampa Bay, but did you see the old choke stuff come back in the playoffs? He can't carry his dad's helmet.

Old Tiger
07-19-2006, 06:30 PM
I never thought his dad was that good either.

bobcat1
07-19-2006, 06:31 PM
He was one year and one game and it was the big game with Tuna at the helm.

Old Tiger
07-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Looks like we see eye to eye on one thing.

Eagle 1
07-19-2006, 06:33 PM

3 entries found for schizophrenia.
schiz·o·phre·ni·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skts-frn-, -frn-)
n.

1. Any of a group of psychotic disorders usually characterized by withdrawal from reality, illogical patterns of thinking, delusions, and hallucinations, and accompanied in varying degrees by other emotional, behavioral, or intellectual disturbances. Schizophrenia is associated with dopamine imbalances in the brain and defects of the frontal lobe and is caused by genetic, other biological, and psychosocial factors.
2. A situation or condition that results from the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic qualities, identities, or activities: the national schizophrenia that results from carrying out an unpopular war.
3. T-sipper........enough said.

Old Tiger
07-19-2006, 06:34 PM
3 entries found for schizophrenia.
schiz·o·phre·ni·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (skts-frn-, -frn-)
n.

1. Any of a group of psychotic disorders usually characterized by withdrawal from reality, illogical patterns of thinking, delusions, and hallucinations, and accompanied in varying degrees by other emotional, behavioral, or intellectual disturbances. Schizophrenia is associated with dopamine imbalances in the brain and defects of the frontal lobe and is caused by genetic, other biological, and psychosocial factors.
2. A situation or condition that results from the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic qualities, identities, or activities: the national schizophrenia that results from carrying out an unpopular war.
3. T-sipper........enough said. Dude just shut up you're making an ass of yourself.

Emerson1
07-19-2006, 06:34 PM
How many blondes does it take to screw Texas?

1.....Chris Simms http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5927/cookie2rq1.gif

Old Tiger
07-19-2006, 06:35 PM
How many blondes does it take to screw Texas?

1.....Chris Simms http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5927/cookie2rq1.gif lmao

Emerson1
Dude just shut up you're making an ass of yourself.
He has to whip that out when there is no other reply to being proved an idiot.

bobcat1
We do on more than you know more than likely. I just really got pissed when that happened because I can't fathom doing that to a kid after 4 years.

Eagle 1
07-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
He was one year and one game and it was the big game with Tuna at the helm.

More like the defense carried him in that game too.
Simms career ended with him throwing half as many interceptions as he did tds.
Younger Simms sucks too.
You know what they say, "the apple dont fall to far away from the tree."

Eagle 1
07-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Dude just shut up you're making an ass of yourself.

Another tough guy hiding behind the keyboard....woooo Im shaking...

3afan
07-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Another tough guy hiding behind the keyboard....woooo Im shaking...

**sigh**

rookies ...