PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 07:23 PM
To the 1939 Texas A&M University Aggies Football Team

The last good Aggie team.

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Congratulations to Texas Tech for almost being as good as a&m in the championship department.

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 07:24 PM
This is going to be good.:D

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 07:28 PM
So TU at Austin is the largest university in the state system, gets the most money (including tax dollars) and proceeds to do well. Wow. What a story. Goliath slays a David. It would be a different story if TU played with the same rules and resources everyone else does.

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Man still arguing right now huh?

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 07:30 PM
Well when you have one of the most winningest teams in history, along with the most succesful athletics program in the country you tend to get more money from alumni and from game attendance.

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 07:31 PM
OOOOO YEAHHHH :clap: :clap:

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Who does have the biggest athletic budget in the Big XII? And what do we have to show for our confiscated dollars? A MNC every 30 years.
TU does less with more than any other university in the state. Pathetic.

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 07:36 PM
GO TEXAS A&M KINGSVILLE JAVALINAS!!!! WOOOOHOOO!!!

lostaussie
07-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
To the 1939 Texas A&M University Aggies Football Team

The last good Aggie team. whats that all about? show some compassion:mad:

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Who does have the biggest athletic budget in the Big XII? And what do we have to show for our confiscated dollars? A MNC every 30 years.
I guess at Tech all the money goes to the football team who have never won a MNC. Has tech even won a NC in any sport?

1 MNC?

I count 47

2005-06 (2)
Football
Women's Indoor Track & Field

2004-05 (2)
Baseball
Women's Outdoor Track & Field

2001-02 (2)
Baseball
Men's Swimming & Diving

2000-01 (1)
Men's Swimming & Diving

1999-00 (1)
Men's Swimming & Diving

1998-99 (2)

1997-98 (2)

1995-96 (1)
Men's Swimming & Diving

1994-95 (1)
Women's Tennis

1992-93 (1)
Women's Tennis

1990-91 (2)
Men's Swimming & Diving
Women's Swimming & Diving

1989-90 (3)
Men's Swimming & Diving

1988-89 (2)
Men's Swimming & Diving
Volleyball

1987-88 (3)
Men's Swimming & Diving

1986-87 (1)

1985-86 (5)
Women's Basketball
Women's Cross Country

1984-85 (1)

1983-84 (1)

1982-83 (1)
Baseball

1981-82 (3)
Volleyball

1980-81 (2)
Men's Swimming & Diving

1974-75 (1)
Baseball

1971-72 (1)
Men's Golf

1970-71 (2)
Football
Men's Golf

1969-70 (1)
Football

1963-64 (1)
Football

1949-50 (1)
Baseball

1948-49 (1)
Baseball

See, when you win almost 2 NC every year for the past 20 years you tend to bring in alot of money.

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 07:38 PM
So TU at Austin is the largest university in the state system, gets the most money (including tax dollars) and proceeds to do well. Wow. What a story. Goliath slays a David. It would be a different story if TU played with the same rules and resources everyone else does.

Tiger WR is responsible for his own actions... BUT it would be a lot easier for him to avoid posts as these if A&M's existance wasn't based on their hate for such a fine athletic program such as UT's (Hey, y'all chose 'A&M', so y'all are the university of JUST THAT, A&M, so until you further bash UT'S choice of name, recognize that)

As a matter of fact, if y'all had THAT MUCH pride in letters A&M, y'all wouldn't be so hung up on the UT...

I like A&M's tradition and have many friends who currently attend A&M and have in the past, so I'm really not a hater... but you guys really bring it upon yourselves every time 'goliath' picks on old 'david'...

to tell the truth, UT doesn't give a damn about A&M, we just gotta remind you guys every now and then that y'all are the lesser university (because it seems just flat out 'beating' y'all doesn't work)...

NOTE: I don't even know if you're an A%M fan or not, but by you using "TU" I kind of figured it... but if you're not, for future reference "TU" is an A&M phrase so I will consider anyone using it an aggie...

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Ok, I will type this s l o w....cause I know that some of yall dont read to fast.
I...
am..
a...
Tech..
Fan...
not...
an...
aggie...

I thought we were talking football on this thread, not tennis...track....women swimming...etc.

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 07:42 PM
So TU at Austin is the largest university in the state system, gets the most money (including tax dollars) and proceeds to do well. Wow. What a story. Goliath slays a David. It would be a different story if TU played with the same rules and resources everyone else does. Texas Alumni pump it with dollars buddy. That's how they got the finest facilities in the nation. I think I saw a couple of months back out Texas has the best boosters in the nation too.

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Well you said UT had the biggest athletic budget in the Big12 and they only had 1 MNC to show for it the past 30 years.

Athletics program includes the other 46 Texas sports have one the past few years.

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Ok, I will type this s l o w....cause I know that some of yall dont read to fast.
I...
am..
a...
Tech..
Fan...
not...
an...
aggie...

I thought we were talking football on this thread, not tennis...track....women swimming...etc.

No, you said "TU", so you're atleast "in bed" with the aggies...

You only have 43 posts and as far as I know this is the first thread I've ever seen you post on, so don't expect me to know your life story, Mr. Wanna Be Aggie (or are you a Miss/Ms./Mrs.)...

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Texas Alumni pump it with dollars buddy. That's how they got the finest facilities in the nation. I think I saw a couple of months back out Texas has the best boosters in the nation too.
Indeed they do

http://mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/locker_room_530.jpg

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Let me try once again to explain it to you. All TU students get a break due to my taxes. Why are state schools cheaper? Because they are subsidized by my tax dollar. I dont know how many other ways to say it. While the governmant may not give TU athletics money to buy football helmets, it does help each student out by paying for a % of that students education. So, as you said, TU has a huge base of alumni. These alumni in turn support TU of Austin.

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 07:48 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3438.html

Even them danged Okies rag on Aggies.

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Let me try once again to explain it to you. All TU students get a break due to my taxes. Why are state schools cheaper? Because they are subsidized by my tax dollar. I dont know how many other ways to say it. While the governmant may not give TU athletics money to buy football helmets, it does help each student out by paying for a % of that students education. So, as you said, TU has a huge base of alumni. These alumni in turn support TU of Austin.

Says TU all the time, must be an Aggie...

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm callin' our Government pronto and lettin' 'em know that such a hater shouldn't be able to use the name of a great bird like an "Eagle"...

"Sir, we ask that you remove the name eagle from your name"

The new name??? 1...

1 you say? yes, 1, for the #1 jackass on this board (as of the last 5 minutes)..

Eagle 1
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3438.html

Even them danged Okies rag on Aggies.

And they tend to rag on the whorms from time to time..
http://www.hfnzone.com/current.html

Emerson1
Any alumni who is either making large donations or can afford season tickets probably didn't benifit off any of that tax stuff you are rambling about.

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 07:51 PM

Well of course they do, but atleast they rag on us because we, I dunno, beat 'em and win national championships...

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Eagle I can't read what your writing there seems to be a pop up of the National Championship we won...wait let me close it out...ahhh that's better I see the bullsh!t your typing now

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Well of course they do, but atleast they rag on us because we, I dunno, beat 'em and win national championships...

Come on now..... :rolleyes:

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 07:53 PM

Good thing Texas is still 56-39-5 against OU

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Come on now..... :rolleyes:

AWESOME, thanks, you proved my point...

Now instead of 500 words of worthless bs, you can only think of THREE (and how to click the "roll eyes" button)... yup, an aggie (we have great aggie fans and smart aggie fans here that I love, sorry this one makes you look bad [I don't care how many times Mr. TUEagle1 says he likes Tech])...

District303aPastPlayer
07-17-2006, 07:54 PM

just because i want to...

Oh shut the hell up

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Seen this OU bumper sticker the other day that said,
"Dont mess with Texas, they are our female dogs ...:D

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Good thing Texas is 56-39-5 against OU.

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 07:57 PM

That's funny...

Even more funny when a fan of another school has to use another school's because their own school can't hack it against the school being made fun of...

It's like Turkey makin' fun of the US using lines the Japanese used (turkey couldn't set off a black-cat near a US ship)..

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 08:07 PM
You know there are some awesome aggie fans on here and I like all of 'em, so this wasn't really for all of you guys, just for the ones who will hate on UT til their dying breath...

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 08:08 PM

Okay, that made no sense...

I meant because they beat us and have won national championships (sorry for the confusion folks, I'm only human)...

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 08:09 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, but not everybody from Texas is a bonghorn fan.

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 08:10 PM

And sorry to disappoint you, but not everybody from Texas is a sore-loser...

District303aPastPlayer
07-17-2006, 08:10 PM

Oh shut the hell up...

you are an embarassment to yourself...

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Im a sore-loser because I dont like MB and the longhorns?
How old are you?

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 08:12 PM
I guess after I get 9500 post, I can just tell everybody to SHUT THE HELL UP?

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Im a sore-loser because I dont like MB and the longhorns?
How old are you?

No, because you're a hater, you say "TU" (sure sign of a sore-loser) and you have nothing but negative things to say about the University of Texas...

And I am 23, but I still act young sometimes I know...

So basically, what happens is we prove you wrong and you spin things on us without answering to your stupidness???

I see the game and I'll play...

Gobbla2001
07-17-2006, 08:13 PM
I guess after I get 9500 post, I can just tell everybody to SHUT THE HELL UP?

Hell, you can tell us now, spinner, but no one said you ever had to listen (obviously, you still keep diggin' your hole)...

piratebg
07-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Hook em Horns :cool:

Peace out ya'll :thumbsup:

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 09:17 PM
hey F it....I'm not a Longhorn fan, never have been. Just because they're a "better" team than A&M doesn't mean that I jump ship and change my loyalties. I actually dispise UT, but it WAS sweet watching them beat USC. Honestly, my dislike for UT has nothing to do w/ their atheletic program....and has EVERYTHING to do w/ the type of people I have encountered from the school. I realize not everyone who attends or attended University of Texas fits into this mold, but most I myself have encountered have a certain Superiority complex, and tend to look down upon others. I walked the campus and saw all kinds of freakshow hippy liberal types, etc. Again, nothing against that mentality other than....it isn't one I share, so therefore those people are not my kind of people, and therefore that school is not my kind of school. As stated above, this does not apply to everyone from UT..... A&M on the other hand, has its share of freakshows too, but the majority of the people I've encountered from that school are more my kind of people in the form that they are usually "country" as far as, no wacked out spiked up green hair, hippy mentality is almost non existant, etc. etc. Not to mention I am ex military and respect the Corps of Cadets. SO......some pull for UT, while others of us cheer for A&M, TT, Baylor, etc. For me PERSONALLY, it's more of a big picture, I am a fan of the A&M system, not only its atheletics dept.

Cheers!

Fal44
07-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Eagle 1 you have some of the gayiest UT jokes ever

BreckTxLonghorn
07-17-2006, 09:36 PM
I've said it before and I'll see it again.

I love it when Texas is referred to as TU. Ask any student on campus what it means, they'll tell you the same:

THE University.

(Much love to the other universities--my brother graduated from Tech and I have friends at aTm--but TU is arguably the least thought out 'cut down' in collegiate, nay sports, history. Do people really think this is effective? Honestly, I've never met someone here who heard TU and got all angry. Usually its just "silly aggies," which sucks for aTm, because most of the student there I met don't use it, and the others usually stop after Fish Camp.)

Bulldog_12
07-17-2006, 09:39 PM
SCREW t.u., I HATE ALL YOU SIPS. IM GONNA BURN THAT MOTHER DOWN!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

j/k:D

bobcat1
07-17-2006, 09:45 PM
You won't have any problem getting something to light the fire with in Austin. Everyone carries a lighter. LOL

Ranger Mom
07-17-2006, 11:59 PM

Yep...you are obviously a rookie/newbie/whatever you wanna call it.

Very seldom does a thread end on the same track it started around here!!

pirate44
07-18-2006, 05:06 AM
congrats:clap:

AggieJohn
07-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Indeed they do

http://mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/locker_room_530.jpg
http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/facilities/images2004/full/footballlocker.jpg
http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/facilities/images2004/full/playerslounge.jpg

Old Tiger
07-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
congrats:clap: lol

Eagle 1
07-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Yep...you are obviously a rookie/newbie/whatever you wanna call it.

Very seldom does a thread end on the same track it started around here!!

I may be a rookie, newbie, or whatever on this message board, but on 8 other message boards (2 of which I moderate) I have approximately 9000 post.
Nah Im not a post wh**e....:D
Trust me, bobcat1 and I can hi-jack a thread faster than you can ;) an eye.

RMAC
07-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Eagle, just tell them you're an aggie fan and quit making the few of us on here that go to Tech look bad.

Old Tiger
07-18-2006, 06:03 PM
You couldn't touch the jacking potential of Jason

Gobbla2001
07-18-2006, 06:06 PM

Trust me, bobcat1 and I can hi-jack a thread faster than you can ;) an eye.

wow, hijacking, such a glamorous profession...

Gobbla2001
07-18-2006, 06:08 PM
but on 8 other message boards (2 of which I moderate) I

HAHAHA...

Check it, this dude is 'bragging' on how many message boards he moderates... what a nerd/freak...

Old Tiger
07-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Some UT Facilities
http://www.lhab.org/images/bubble2_sm.jpg
Bubble
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/weight_room_530.jpg
Weight room
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/000_redesign/FACILITIES_lounge_530.jpg
Players Lounge(Notice the poster in the upper right corner)
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/000_redesign/FACILITIES_tunnel_148.jpg
Texas Tunnel
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/computer_center_530.jpg
Academic Center
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/image_lib/trophy_room_530.jpg
Trophy Room

Old Tiger
07-18-2006, 06:12 PM
HAHAHA...

Check it, this dude is 'bragging' on how many message boards he moderates... what a nerd/freak...

Hey you guys...I'm a Techie who talks like an Aggie!!! I moderate 2 boards. I have a name it's Mr. Cool!
Eagle 1 ^^^^^^^^

Eagle 1
07-18-2006, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tiger WR
Some UT Facilities

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2469/facilitiesvyhi5.jpg
Players Lounge(Notice the poster in the upper right corner)

Yes, why dont you tell us about the picture in the upper right corner. On second thought, never mind.

Bulldog_12
07-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Question, this is honest to God truthful here. No making fun of intended, or maybe a little, but serious question none the less.

What are those saddles for?????
Do they ride the saddles as they gaze out onto the field?

Gobbla2001
07-18-2006, 07:56 PM

Yes, why dont you tell us about the picture in the upper right corner. On second thought, never mind. [/B]

I'll tell you one thing, the picture is not what is really there...

Nope, I've never been there so I don't know because of that... Nope, no one told me that it is not really there... but YES, anyone with any kind of knowledge of what an "angle" is could tell you that the picture is not angled properly with the frame...

Not only is the picture not angled properly with the frame, it IS angled properly with my computer screen (and I'm pretty sure all of our screens are set at the same angle)...

With that information it is pretty much simple to tell that this picture has been edited, most-likely on a computer... unless of course you hate the Longhorns so much you believe the picture is really there...

As for the saddles, Bulldog_12, that's a pretty damn good question ha...

Gobbla2001
07-18-2006, 08:00 PM
I'll tell you one thing, the picture is not what is really there...

Nope, I've never been there so I don't know because of that... Nope, no one told me that it is not really there... but YES, anyone with any kind of knowledge of what an "angle" is could tell you that the picture is not angled properly with the frame...

Not only is the picture not angled properly with the frame, it IS angled properly with my computer screen (and I'm pretty sure all of our screens are set at the same angle)...

With that information it is pretty much simple to tell that this picture has been edited, most-likely on a computer... unless of course you hate the Longhorns so much you believe the picture is really there...

As for the saddles, Bulldog_12, that's a pretty damn good question ha...

Dammit, I gotta start reading the whole thread before I start replying...

please disregard this reply...

Eagle 1
07-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Dammit, I gotta start reading the whole thread before I start replying...

please disregard this reply...
Gobbla, you and I may not see eye to eye when it comes to TU, but I will say one thing about you. I think your an honest person.

Old Tiger
07-18-2006, 09:35 PM
The saddles are for decoration. I may be wrong but I think that is right.

KTJ
07-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Gobbla, you and I may not see eye to eye when it comes to TU, but I will say one thing about you. I think your an honest person.

I didn't know you cared that much about Tulsa University.

I know Gobbla's connection to Tulsa...

:D

IHStangFan
07-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I didn't know you cared that much about Tulsa University.

I know Gobbla's connection to Tulsa...

:D ah TU is an affectionate turm of endearment....when someone says UT, that could be mistaken for University of Tennessee. ;)