PDA

View Full Version : Just Got A Call

Blastoderm55
07-17-2006, 02:44 PM
from my dad, telling me to send an arrangement to the Trevino Funeral Home. Yet another death due to the dangers of the road. This time, the father of one my customers. He was apparently rear ended while returning home from a long haul, and lost control of his truck. Gosh this sucks. Why can't people learn how to freaking drive!?! So much stupidity and its all on account of those who choose to drive like maniacs while totally disregarding the safety of those around them. I lost my cousin two weeks ago, and now a guy my age just lost his dad. All so pointless. Next time you hear anyone brag about being able to drive 80, please remind them that it'll only take a split second for everything to be all over for either you or someone else. Gosh this sucks!

Phil C
07-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I am sorry about your loss Blas and prayers for the family and friends. And it is true that when you drive you need to do your best to be alert and careful and obey the speed limits and laws. And please do not drive if you are under the influence of alcohol or any drugs that can effect your driving. Moreover please do not drive with anyone who is under such influences.

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 03:00 PM
You are right, It seems like less and less people out on our roads today really KNOW what theyre doing behind the wheel. I think the whole home-school driver's education thing was a HORRIBLE idea. Lazy parents just signing off on their kid's paperwork w/out REALLY teaching them much of anything.....thats just one of my theories......and then you have senior citizens...nothing against them, but its fact....their reflexes, vision, hearing, etc. are just not up to par once they hit a certain age. I think once a person starts collecting social security, they should have to take a driving test on a yearly basis if they want to keep collecting their SS. I see more little old people w/ handicap plates causing problems on the hwy than anything these days...well, them, women trying to put on makeup on the freeway while on a cell phone, young kids, & my favorite the NAFTA nazis.....towing their 3 other cars behind their 1986 Ford Aerostar w/ busted windows, no tail lights and 17 people along for the ride....i could go on and on...but I'll stop this rant before I work myself into a frenzy.

LH Panther Mom
07-17-2006, 03:33 PM
So sorry to hear this news. My prayers are going out for the family and friends. :(

SWMustang
07-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Sorry to hear about that Blast. Most days, driving is the most dangerous thing I'm gonna do. Nothing's more important than coming home safe and sound and that's how I drive for the most part.