PDA

View Full Version : Wilmer-Hutchins

Titans
09-06-2002, 09:14 AM
I know in the past Wilmer-Hutchins has had some outstanding teams, but really struggled in the late 90's. From all the posts on other boards and the rankings, seems to me they're back to the good old days.

What do they have? How is it happening? Who is the head coach? What district are they in? Give me the low down (no pun intended here) on Wilmer please!

Matthew328
09-06-2002, 11:10 AM
Here is the deal on Hutch..I am kind is pseudo expert on them..I do follow them however...they struggled in the late 90's due to a combination of weaker classes, declining enrollment and being in very tough districts..their last year in 4A (99) they were 7-3 and barely missed the playoffs...new Coach Steve Robinson came in 2000 and their first season in 3A they finished 6-6 losing in Rd 2 to Forney...2001 they were 10-3 falling to Gladewater in the regional semis..they have a chance to be as good or better than last year's bunch...Robinson has done a heck of a job with that program....he has gotten the participation back up and the talent base is still there...they are in 13-3A this year with Crandall, Forney, Kaufman, Ferris, Dallas Madison and Dallas Pinkston

River-Rat
09-06-2002, 12:40 PM
His name is Mike Robinson, and yes he has done a great job. Mike was never given a fair chance at a couple of the schools where he worked, but Steve Lineweaver gave him a varsity job in Commerce, and he took advantage of it. Mike is still young and he will only continue to get better. Good luck Mike!

Matthew328
09-06-2002, 06:21 PM
LOL where did I get Steve Robinson from?? my bad!