PDA

View Full Version : Pirates On Top Second Week

maroonpirate04
07-17-2006, 01:58 AM
The Sinton Pirates (District Champions) may not be ranked but our mascot are Champions at the box office for the second week in a row:D :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
The Sinton Pirates (District Champions) may not be ranked but our mascot are Champions at the box office for the second week in a row:D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: ??? give us the scoop!

pirate44
07-17-2006, 07:38 AM
i hope it hurrys up and gets unpopular (doesnt look like itll happen anytime soon). id like to see it at the dollar cinemas

big daddy russ
07-17-2006, 07:43 AM
That was a good movie. Definitely worth the price of admission. Maybe not quite as good as the first one, but the first one was hard to live up to.

KindaCool
07-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
i hope it hurrys up and gets unpopular (doesnt look like itll happen anytime soon). id like to see it at the dollar cinemas just download it if youre that concerned about saving a few bucks

you wont have to worry about driving 55mph to the theatre either

pirate44
07-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by KindaCool
just download it if youre that concerned about saving a few bucks

you wont have to worry about driving 55mph to the theatre either
thanks but no thanks...ive got a few bucks i can do it legally

Black_Magic
07-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Tkat movie er.. was bad... big time.. Im sorry but the first was good but this one was bad!

Bulldog_12
07-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That was a good movie. Definitely worth the price of admission. Maybe not quite as good as the first one, but the first one was hard to live up to.

I went and saw it a second time last night. I re-watched the first one then went back and saw it and caught a TON more stuff I didnt get the first time. I definitely enjoyed it better the second time. It was a good movie and worth it to see once in the theater. Not as good as the first, only because we had never seen anything like the first one before that, but it is still a good movie.

maroonpirate04
07-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Here are some pirate talk for you and meanings

crimp- Someone who is forced into work on a pirate ship

Sample sentence- That lad started off as a no-good CRIMP, but he's become quite the bloodthirsty buccaneer!

dredgie- The ghost of a betrayed pirate, often said to haunt the betrayer.

Sample sentence- Not a day's gone by since I pushed Johnny overboard that his DREDGIE ain't come visit me.

gibbet- A gallows, often made with chains from which the remains of a dead warning.

Sample sentence- If a landlubber like you ain't happy on a ship, then maybe, mate, you'd stop yer complainin' in the GIBBET.

grog- A drink made of rum diluted with water that is very popular with pirates and sailors.

Sample sentence- Ay, that wrench may be a looker, but beware bringing her aboard; she's wont to hog the GROG

hardtack- A hard biscuit that is a staple on pirate ships due to it's ability to avoid spoiling.

Sample sentence- Catch the scurvy and you'll starve to death, matey; the HARDTACK will be tougher than your teeth

hornswoggle- To cheat someone.

Sample sentence- I got me peg leg when I tried to HORNSWOGGLE a real scourge of the seven seas out of his loot.

keelhaul- To punish or kill by dragging beneath a ship

Sample sentence- After running off with our loot, he'll be lucky if all we do is KEELHAUL him.

run a rig- To play a trick

Sample sentence- Try to RUN A RIG on me, you salty dog, and you'll be meeting the tip of my cutlass

splice the mainbrace- To drink alcoholic beverages, usually more than just one.

Sample sentence- Me parrot died and me hook's gone rusty; tonight'll be a good one to SPLICE THE MAINBRACE

squiffy- Tipsy or drunk

Sample sentence- That gutless swab was bloody SQUIFFY and walked straight into the mast- noggin first!

sutler- A port-based merchant selling wares for pirates and their ships

Sample sentence- Anything ye might need beyond wenches and rum ye can find with the old SUTLER on Tortuga

Hope this little pirate history talk

:) :)

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That was a good movie. Definitely worth the price of admission. Maybe not quite as good as the first one, but the first one was hard to live up to. finally, a review! I have been wondering if it would be worth it. We went and saw You, Me, & Dupree sat. night, it was pretty funny in spots.