23. Monahans
24. Canyon
25. Waco Connally

kaorder1999
07-16-2006, 10:36 PM
what? no canton??

IHStangFan
07-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Ingleside is going to beat Sinton (#21) just for the record.

Crimestick
07-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Looks good. I hope we meet expectations.

Wait, screw that. I hope we exceed them :)

pirate4state
07-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Ingleside is going to beat Sinton (#21) just for the record. Starting early, huh? :D :D I foresee another 20+ page thread in week 10: Sinton vs. Ingleside!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IHStangFan
07-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Starting early, huh? :D :D I foresee another 20+ page thread in week 10: Sinton vs. Ingleside!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: LOL...yeah, you know its coming. I really look forward to at least listening to this game via the webcast. I doubt i'll be able to make it in person :(

pirate4state
07-16-2006, 11:46 PM
LOL...yeah, you know its coming. I really look forward to at least listening to this game via the webcast. I doubt i'll be able to make it in person :( Sucks for you. ;) :D Should be interesting!! :evillaugh

IHStangFan
07-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Sucks for you. ;) :D Should be interesting!! :evillaugh yeah, I can honestly say, this year....I feel that its up in the air...and no....there is no pun inteneded there! LOL

LH Panther Mom
07-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
5. Hutto
10. Sweetwater
12. Snyder
25. Waco Connally

Hutto - THANK YOU for not overlooking them.....there was major trauma all last season. ;)
Sweetwater/Snyder - I don't really know which once should be ranked above the other, but this might lead to less :weeping: . :D
Waco Connally - What can you tell me about them? I'll let you know September 2 if they "deserved" that ranking. ;)

Black_Magic
07-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sweetwater/Snyder - I don't really know which once should be ranked above the other, but this might lead to less :weeping: . :D
Yes!! thank you Matt. I dont think I could stand to hear the Bawling From the Sweetwater folks If another poll Ranked Snyder above them. You did the board a big favor;)

Adidas410s
07-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Yes!! thank you Matt. I dont think I could stand to hear the Bawling From the Sweetwater folks If another poll Ranked Snyder above them. You did the board a big favor;)

especially when Sweetwater advances much further in the playoffs than Snyder AGAIN this year...it would be an injustice to us all.

I think that Wylie at 14 is a little high. I worry about this team and expect Sweetwater to easily take the district. If the possible offensive rumors that I have been hearing about Wylie turn out to be true...it could make for a very interesting season.

Snyder_TigerFan
07-17-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
If the possible offensive rumors that I have been hearing about Wylie turn out to be true...it could make for a very interesting season.

Care to elaborate?

Adidas410s
07-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Care to elaborate?

nope...it's top secret! ;) ;)

Black_Magic
07-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Adidas

Cant you get over the hurt of the last two years?? Its transparent why you dont like Snyder all of a sudden. All of a sudden you really hate Snyder in the last couple of years. I just wanted to point that out to everyone that you didnt use to be so negative. COULD IT BE YOUR ANGRY BECAUSE WE BEAT YOU TWO YEARS IN A ROW????:thinking: Look I have all the respect for wylie as a team and a very good team at that. What is funny here is your transparent coments about Snyder not being a winning program. I mean when you look at the last few years only an idiot would not see it. Maybe you actualy do believe what your write about Snyder. BUT IF YOU DO BELIEVE IT THEN THAT MEANS WYLIE CANT BEAT A SECOND RATE TEAM ( ACORDING TO YOU THAT IS ):rolleyes: Either Your wrong about about Snyder or Wyle sure has slid down hill. Which is it???:thinking:

Chris Hart
07-17-2006, 12:28 PM
I have a gut feeling that one of the teams in the top 7 won't even make the playoffs...:thinking:

Black_Magic
07-17-2006, 12:31 PM
WOS or CAMREON YOE?

Chris Hart
07-17-2006, 12:40 PM
WOS or CAMREON YOE? My guess is Cameron or Hutto, but I'm leaning towards Cameron...

Snydertigersrul
07-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Not bad, but I think you have Cuero, the annual choker in the playoffs, too high. But Cuero will make it to the semifinals again before choking. I agree with Black Magic that you made a good move to put Sweetwater ahead of Snyder to keep peace on the board. At least one poll will have Sweetwater ranked higher than Snyder. Wylie will win District 7-3A because they know how to beat Sweetwater and Snyder is not around this year to save the Mustangs against the Bulldogs. Division II is going to be interesting with Gilmer going Division I with WOS.

WOS87
07-17-2006, 01:05 PM
WOS will most likely be going Division II this year unless both Silsbee and Jasper are shut out of the playoffs.

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Not bad, but I think you have Cuero, the annual choker in the playoffs, too high. But Cuero will make it to the semifinals again before choking. I agree with Black Magic that you made a good move to put Sweetwater ahead of Snyder to keep peace on the board. At least one poll will have Sweetwater ranked higher than Snyder. Wylie will win District 7-3A because they know how to beat Sweetwater and Snyder is not around this year to save the Mustangs against the Bulldogs. Division II is going to be interesting with Gilmer going Division I with WOS. :eek: :eek: :eek: look out! :D

Snydertigersrul
07-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the information. I didn't realize that WOS has lost that many students

Adidas410s
07-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Not bad, but I think you have Cuero, the annual choker in the playoffs, too high.

This coming from a fan of the school that was blown by how many points two years ago in the semifinals??? Then they won how many games in the playoffs this year???

Hmm....:thinking:

Cuero's Results
2004...Wylie 17 Cuero 14 State Championship
2005...Hutto 23 Cuero 21 State Semifinals

NOTE: The final score came on a last-second field goal in both games.

Snyder's Results
2004...Gilmer 53 Snyder 20 State Semifinals
2005...Monahans 28 Snyder 21 Bi-District

Now tell me who was choking (to use your word) here???
:thinking:

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 01:30 PM
This coming from a fan of the school that was blown by how many points two years ago in the semifinals??? Then they won how many games in the playoffs this year???

Cuero's Results

Snyder's Results

:thinking: My thoughts exactly there Adidas, preach it!!

:p

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 01:32 PM
This is gonna be good!!! http://img157.exs.cx/img157/2443/crazy1673te.gif

Adidas410s
07-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Cant you get over the hurt of the last two years??
I've never had any hurt over the past two years. I'm ok with Snyder beating Wylie. It happened...twice!!!

Originally posted by Black_Magic Its transparent why you dont like Snyder all of a sudden. All of a sudden you really hate Snyder in the last couple of years.
Really??? Please point out to me what is so transparent? I guess I'm not seeing it...:thinking:

Originally posted by Black_Magic I just wanted to point that out to everyone that you didnt use to be so negative. COULD IT BE YOUR ANGRY BECAUSE WE BEAT YOU TWO YEARS IN A ROW????:thinking: Look I have all the respect for wylie as a team and a very good team at that.
I'm still waiting for you to point out to me what is so transparent in my comments. Any time now...

Originally posted by Black_Magic What is funny here is your transparent coments about Snyder not being a winning program. I mean when you look at the last few years only an idiot would not see it. Maybe you actualy do believe what your write about Snyder. BUT IF YOU DO BELIEVE IT THEN THAT MEANS WYLIE CANT BEAT A SECOND RATE TEAM ( ACORDING TO YOU THAT IS ):rolleyes: Either Your wrong about about Snyder or Wyle sure has slid down hill. Which is it???:thinking:

You still can't point out anything about what I have said. So I guess it's just not going to happen. Sad to see that you would even allow a thought to cross your mind that Snyder is a "second rate team." Also, Wylie sure hasn't slid too far down hill. In the last three years they have been to the state finals, won the state title, and to the state quarterfinals. Snyder has yet to advance further than Wylie in any of those three years.

What makes Snyder a "winning program?" :thinking:

- Being a district champ??? Nope...31 other teams can claim that
- Advancing to the playoffs??? Nope... 95 other teams can claim that
- Winning the majority of their games??? Sure...I guess you can call that a "winning program."

However...there is a BIG difference between a "winning program" and a "successful program." A successul program wins big games on a consistent basis. They have numerous playoff runs and have typically claimed a state title or two (or more) along the way. They "come through" in big games and get the W when maybe they shouldn't have. Other than Snyder's win against Sweetwater...they don't have any other big wins on the resume. Nobody cares about what games you win in September and October...a team is measured by its wins in November (and more importantly) in December. You just can't say that about Snyder...

Adidas410s
07-17-2006, 01:40 PM
You bring the cowbell...

My thoughts exactly there Adidas, preach it!!

:p

You bring the popcorn...

This is gonna be good!!! http://img157.exs.cx/img157/2443/crazy1673te.gif

and I'll bring along SW Red and let him take over in the "let's see who can get Blackie fired up today" game!!! :thumbsup:

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 01:47 PM
This is gonna be good!!! http://img157.exs.cx/img157/2443/crazy1673te.gif hi P4S....can I sit by you and share your popcorn? :p

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 01:48 PM
You bring the cowbell...

You bring the popcorn...

and I'll bring along SW Red and let him take over in the "let's see who can get Blackie fired up today" game!!! :thumbsup: I love games!! :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 01:49 PM
hi P4S....can I sit by you and share your popcorn? :p Sure we can talk about how Sinton is gonna stomp on Ingleside...AGAIN!!!! :p :p :p :D :D :D

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Sure we can talk about how Sinton is gonna stomp on Ingleside...AGAIN!!!! :p :p :p :D :D :D on second thought...I'm not sure I want any of that popcorn....its obviously laced w/ a hallucinogin, because ....we BOTH know Sinton's stranglehold on the district will be broken this year :D

Ya know P4S...youre one of my fav. Pirate Nation citizen to banter with, theres sportsmanship, theres wit, theres class....

Cheers!

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 02:02 PM
on second thought...I'm not sure I want any of that popcorn....theres obviously laced w/ a hallucinogin, because ....we BOTH know Sinton's stranglehold on the district will be broken this year :D

oh alright....I'll make a new batch!!! :rolleyes: :D

Ya know P4S...youre one of my fav. Pirate Nation citizens to banter with, theres sportsmanship, theres wit, theres class....

Cheers!

Right back at ya!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
07-17-2006, 02:06 PM
on second thought...I'm not sure I want any of that popcorn....its obviously laced w/ a hallucinogin, because ....we BOTH know Sinton's stranglehold on the district will be broken this year :D

Ya know P4S...youre one of my fav. Pirate Nation citizen to banter with, theres sportsmanship, theres wit, theres class....

Cheers!

That's all we need is another thread hi-jacked by the whole
Sinton vs. Ingleside rivalry....:D

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Sinton vs. Ingleside rivalry....:D in our defense SR....tis the season for such things :p

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 02:34 PM
in our defense SR....tis the season for such things :p We don't need any stinking defense!! We are just taking our lead from Sweetwater/Snyder. :p :p :D :D

Sweetwater Red
07-17-2006, 02:36 PM
We don't need any stinking defense!! We are just taking our lead from Sweetwater/Snyder. :p :p :D :D

And the pupil becomes the teacher...:D

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 02:37 PM
We don't need any stinking defense!! We are just taking our lead from Sweetwater/Snyder. :p :p :D :D okay...so we're back to the popcorn/sit, watch and learn thing..... :D

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 02:40 PM
And the pupil becomes the teacher...:D Well I have to give it to you guys...when it comes to hijacking threads you are tops in the class!!! :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :D :D

Just watch your back....:eek: :eek: :eek: :devil:

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Kennedale?:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
07-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Sinton vs. Ingleside rivalry....:D

OK, I'm killing the joke here. But, ya'll know I was being sarcastic
about the hi-jacking thing right? :D

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 02:55 PM
about the hi-jacking thing right? :D completely taken as a joke...no harm no foul.

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 02:58 PM
about the hi-jacking thing right? :D Joke killer!!! :evillaugh

44INAROW
07-17-2006, 03:09 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: look out! :D

out of respect for the many Sweetwaterfans, I am keeping my mouth shut on the newest rookies comment.....I am considering the source - but he if wants to talk about choking, I can offer some great examples..........

44INAROW
07-17-2006, 03:09 PM

Cuero's Results

Snyder's Results

:thinking:

ROFL :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
07-17-2006, 03:11 PM
hi P4S....can I sit by you and share your popcorn? :p

I've got the liquid refreshments :)

DAYUM.. 3 posts oops didn't mean to do that..........

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
out of respect for the many Sweetwaterfans, I am keeping my mouth shut on the newest rookies comment.....I am considering the source - but he if wants to talk about choking, I can offer some great examples.......... where did I put that popcorn!!! :D :D :D

Crimestick
07-17-2006, 03:30 PM
It's not that WO-S has "lost that many students," but that we incorporated several new teams into our district, two of which have larger enrollments than we. If WO-S doesn't make the playoffs, I would be pretty stunned. We should have an overall stronger team this year than last.

Black_Magic
07-17-2006, 04:12 PM

Well You better thank God Wylie didnt play GIlmer that year!! it would have been really ugly!!!! Because Snyder Did beat Wylie in 04 as well as 05 :rolleyes: One less Ring on the finger ( leaves and empty hand there doesnt it?? ;) ) Gilmer whould have routed Wylie so bad you would have called for sandifers head!!:eek: AND YOU DID MENTION THE WORD SEMIFINALS.... Semifinals???? you say Semifinals in the same refrence to Snyder? That means there are only 4 teams left at that point.... WOW !! You said Snyder was not a winning school in fooball... :thinking:

Black_Magic
07-17-2006, 04:26 PM

What makes Snyder a "winning program?" :thinking:

- Being a district champ??? Nope...31 other teams can claim that
- Advancing to the playoffs??? Nope... 95 other teams can claim that
- Winning the majority of their games??? Sure...I guess you can call that a "winning program."

However...there is a BIG difference between a "winning program" and a "successful program." A successul program wins big games on a consistent basis. They have numerous playoff runs and have typically claimed a state title or two (or more) along the way. They "come through" in big games and get the W when maybe they shouldn't have. Other than Snyder's win against Sweetwater...they don't have any other big wins on the resume. [/B]

1)A District champion is a sign of a winning program contrary to what you think.
2) Advancing into the playoff is also a sign especialy if 2 out of 3 years its to the QUARTER FINALS or better..
:rolleyes:
3) Winning a majority of thier games is a sign of a winning program especialy if you look at a two year record of 21-5 as Snyders Last two years are .. Call that an example of a losing team?? PLEASE:rolleyes:
4) BIG GAMES...... Hmmm Yes Sweetwater 04 Quarterfinal was a bigf Game. SO WAS WYLIE 04 AND 05:eek: :eek: ... The win over IP was a Big win as well. SNYDER beat Plainview( 4th ranked team in 4A )team in 2001 THat was a Big win...
I have forgoten more about what it takes to win football games than you will ever know Bleacher Creature.;)

Adidas410s
07-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Well You better thank God Wylie didnt play GIlmer that year!! it would have been really ugly!!!! Because Snyder Did beat Wylie in 04 as well as 05 :rolleyes: One less Ring on the finger ( leaves and empty hand there doesnt it?? ;) ) Gilmer whould have routed Wylie so bad you would have called for sandifers head!!:eek: AND YOU DID MENTION THE WORD SEMIFINALS.... Semifinals???? you say Semifinals in the same refrence to Snyder? That means there are only 4 teams left at that point.... WOW !! You said Snyder was not a winning school in fooball... :thinking:

1. Find the last time that Wylie was blown out of a game??? I can think of once in the past 10 years...and it was a VERY weak Wylie team up against a VERY good Everman team and they beat Wylie 37-0. Other than that...it hasn't happened. I doubt that Gilmer would have blown Wylie out. I'm sure there are many people here who can attest to that as well.

2. I never said Snyder wasn't a "winning school"...I said there is a difference between being a "winning school" and a "sucessful school." Let me give you a few examples...

- Midland High...2002 D2 State Finalists
- Sherman...2004 D1 State Semifinalists
- Bandera...2002 D2 State Champions
- Early...2005 D1 State Semifinalists

There are many examples of programs that win consistently (with the exception of Early) that wouldn't be termed a successful program. You aren't getting that there is a difference.

Sweetwater Red
07-17-2006, 04:37 PM
1. Find the last time that Wylie was blown out of a game??? I can think of once in the past 10 years...and it was a VERY weak Wylie team up against a VERY good Everman team and they beat Wylie 37-0. Other than that...it hasn't happened. I doubt that Gilmer would have blown Wylie out. I'm sure there are many people here who can attest to that as well.

2. I never said Snyder wasn't a "winning school"...I said there is a difference between being a "winning school" and a "sucessful school." Let me give you a few examples...

- Midland High...2002 D2 State Finalists
- Sherman...2004 D1 State Semifinalists
- Bandera...2002 D2 State Champions
- Early...2005 D1 State Semifinalists

There are many examples of programs that win consistently (with the exception of Early) that wouldn't be termed a successful program. You aren't getting that there is a difference.

So basically what you are saying is even a blind squirrel (Snyder)
can find an acorn (semi-final birth) once? :D

Adidas410s
07-17-2006, 04:37 PM
1)A District champion is a sign of a winning program contrary to what you think.
2) Advancing into the playoff is also a sign especialy if 2 out of 3 years its to the QUARTER FINALS or better..
:rolleyes:
3) Winning a majority of thier games is a sign of a winning program especialy if you look at a two year record of 21-5 as Snyders Last two years are .. Call that an example of a losing team?? PLEASE:rolleyes:
4) BIG GAMES...... Hmmm Yes Sweetwater 04 Quarterfinal was a bigf Game. SO WAS WYLIE 04 AND 05:eek: :eek: ... The win over IP was a Big win as well. SNYDER beat Plainview( 4th ranked team in 4A )team in 2001 THat was a Big win...
I have forgoten more about what it takes to win football games than you will ever know Bleacher Creature.;)

1) Note that Snyder wasn't a true district champ the past two years. It was a split title! :thumbsup:
2) Again....this is a WINNING program...not a successful one! :thumbsup:
3) Yes...I never said Snyder isn't a winning program. I said they aren't a "successful one" in terms of a tradition of winning WHEN IT COUNTS!!!
4) Yes...and how many of the 4 games that you just mentioned were playoff games??? ONE!!! I'll say this one more time (even though it won't sink in)...nobody cares or remembers who you beat in September and October. The victories that you have in November and December are what define a successful team and program. Once Snyder can start winning consistently in November and December...then you can talk about them being a successful program. Until then, they are simply a winning program...as both of us have already stated!

Oh yeah...and I'm still waiting for you to point out to me where I express Snyder hatred. You claimed that it's very obvious...but it must not be obvious enough that you can point it out to me! ;)

Adidas410s
07-17-2006, 04:38 PM
So basically what you are saying is even a blind squirrel (Snyder)
can find an acorn (semi-final birth) once? :D

true...true...:thumbsup:

spiveyrat
07-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Sure feels weird not seeing Jasper in the top 25. It's going to be a tough year, I'm afraid! :weeping:

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 04:46 PM
I'll say this one more time (even though it won't sink in)...nobody cares or remembers who you beat in September and October. Now, now...I'm sure someone out there cares & remembers! :) ;) :D

Black_Magic
07-17-2006, 04:57 PM
2) Again....this is a WINNING program...not a successful one! :thumbsup:
3) SO! going to the State Quarter Finals Two out of the Last three and Semis once with a record or 31-8, is not succesful? Ok :rolleyes: Boy, your a real smart one:rolleyes: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
07-17-2006, 04:59 PM
SO! going to the State Quarter Finals Two out of the Last three and Semis once with a record or 31-8, is not succesful? Ok :rolleyes: Boy, your a real smart one:rolleyes: :clap:

When was this second Quarter-final appearance?

Black_Magic
07-17-2006, 05:01 PM
1. Find the last time that Wylie was blown out of a game???
AGAIN! THANK GOD YOU DIDNT PLAY GILMER IN 04;) Even your own QB said you would have been blown out by gilmer in 04.. Yes CK said that.;) But you keep the faith Bleatcher Creature.:p

Black_Magic
07-17-2006, 05:02 PM
When was this second Quarter-final appearance? DUH!! 03

Snydertigersrul
07-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Talking of success, how many state baseball titles and golf championships do they have at Sweetwater? Last count, the Tigers have appeared 34 straight years in the playoffs and also 13 straight trips to the golf tournament, winning five state championsyhups in golf, including three of the last four years and ready to make it three in a row and four out of five. Go and sit in the cheap seats, I'm upstairs looking down on you.

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 05:29 PM
basically what Adidas is saying is a "SUCCESSFUL" program wins, and keeps on winning, there is a WINNING TRADITION. It is not a case of a team having one great year and having done nothing 20 years prior, or 20 years after.

j_dog
07-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Sure feels weird not seeing Jasper in the top 25. It's going to be a tough year, I'm afraid! :weeping:
Yeah, with only 6 starters back on both offense, and defense, going to be another bad year. :( Well, bad for somebody anyway. ;)

mac77
07-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Week 1 #17 Columbia at #9 Bellville

An early test for both of these 05 playoff teams.

Matthew328
07-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I am stunned I haven't had one person tell me how much my poll sucks so far....LOL

LHPM Waco Connally is a solid team...they used to be a doormat but they have really turned things around....they were 9-2 last year 6 offensive and 7 defensive starters back...28 letterman back which is a high number for a 3A team....they'll be super quick as well....

lostaussie
07-17-2006, 07:47 PM
I am stunned I haven't had one person tell me how much my poll sucks so far....LOL

LHPM Waco Connally is a solid team...they used to be a doormat but they have really turned things around....they were 9-2 last year 6 offensive and 7 defensive starters back...28 letterman back which is a high number for a 3A team....they'll be super quick as well.... your poll sucks:D gilmer not ranked high enough:doh:

kaorder1999
07-17-2006, 07:49 PM

i think your poll sucks....canton isnt in it...oh...wait...

LH Panther Mom
07-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Well, I didn't want to be the first, but since you mention it..... :p ;)

LHPM Waco Connally is a solid team...they used to be a doormat but they have really turned things around....they were 9-2 last year 6 offensive and 7 defensive starters back...28 letterman back which is a high number for a 3A team....they'll be super quick as well....
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good opening game for us. Guess I'll have to make the drive. :D

piratebg
07-17-2006, 07:55 PM
I am shocked to see Sinton at #21. I thought Ingleside would have taken that spot, but it doesn't matter. The Pirates will still beat the Mustangs. :p

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I am shocked to see Sinton at #21. I thought Ingleside would have taken that spot, but it doesn't matter. The Pirates will still beat the Mustangs. :p OH how I want that bubble that Sinton lives in to be popped ;)

piratebg
07-17-2006, 08:08 PM
OH how I want that bubble that Sinton lives in to be popped ;)

I might end up eating my words in a couple of months, but until then I shall enjoy my bubble.

PIRATES 35 MUSTANGS 14
(Just for the record, I have no basis for the above score except for some preseason smack. Party on!!!)

Sweetwater Red
07-17-2006, 08:43 PM

I look at polls as a "respectometer"(Yes, I made that word up).
Polls show me what other people with some credible insight think
about our program. I am happy with #10. I don't think we
will still be there after our tough non-district schedule. But, that
is fine too.

Snydertigersrul
07-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Tough non-district huh? Did they post the wrong one for this season. I would love to see Gilmer play Sweetwater. The Buckeyes would break 100.

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
OH how I want that bubble that Sinton lives in to be popped ;) Seems you guys have been living in dream world the past couple of seasons thinking you could beat us!! :p :p :p :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

this is all in good fun...just warming up for the season!!

Black_Magic
07-18-2006, 08:42 AM
is fine too. Wait a sec..Does your team diserve to be ranked #10?? If So then what team on your schedule should be ranked above you? You may have Just showed your hand pal;) If you diserve to be there, then you should feel you will not lose a game acording to rankings and who you are playing.:rolleyes:

Black_Magic
07-18-2006, 08:42 AM
is fine too. Wait a sec..Does your team diserve to be ranked #10?? If So then what team on your schedule should be ranked above you? You may have Just showed your hand pal;) If you diserve to be there, then you should feel you will not lose a game acording to rankings and who you are playing.:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
07-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Wait a sec..Does your team diserve to be ranked #10?? If So then what team on your schedule should be ranked above you? You may have Just showed your hand pal;) If you diserve to be there, then you should feel you will not lose a game acording to rankings and who you are playing.:rolleyes:

When you go to another teams house rankings don't me squat.
We've got two 4A teams on the road and Decatur on a neutral
site. Not to mention Brownwood, Canyon, and Borger at home.

I've stated somewhere early that both Sweetwater and Snyder
have "pretty salty" non-district schedules. It was on the
toughest non-district schedule about Gilmer. Quite honestly I
will be surprised if either Snyder goes 7-0 or Sweetwater goes
6-0. If either do...district play will just be a formality(IMO). :D

Adidas410s
07-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Wait a sec..Does your team diserve to be ranked #10?? If So then what team on your schedule should be ranked above you? You may have Just showed your hand pal;) If you diserve to be there, then you should feel you will not lose a game acording to rankings and who you are playing.:rolleyes:

Ahh...but maybe you would take a look at Sweetwater's schedule and see that they are playing 3 4A schools in Wichita Falls, Brownwood, and Big Spring. It is definitely possible that they could lose to one of those programs. Plus...seeing as how 3A's and 4A's are in different polls, he would be in no way implying that Sweetwater isn't the best in 3A. Come on...that one was way too easy...though I'm sure it was far beyond your head! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
07-18-2006, 09:20 AM
When you go to another teams house rankings don't me squat.
We've got two 4A teams on the road and Decatur on a neutral
site. Not to mention Brownwood, Canyon, and Borger at home.

I've stated somewhere early that both Sweetwater and Snyder
have "pretty salty" non-district schedules. It was on the
toughest non-district schedule about Gilmer. Quite honestly I
will be surprised if either Snyder goes 7-0 or Sweetwater goes
6-0. If either do...district play will just be a formality(IMO). :D

Snyder did throw in the "fluff games" though with Amarillo Palo Duro, Lbk Cooper, and Lbk Estacado. Don't give them TOO much credit now red! ;)

Sweetwater Red
07-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Snyder did throw in the "fluff games" though with Amarillo Palo Duro, Lbk Cooper, and Lbk Estacado. Don't give them TOO much credit now red! ;)

Lubbock Cooper can surprise you if you're not up for them. They
did us. Those guys came out fired-up and we came out flat. We
did beat them 40-6 in the first round of that same year though.

Whatever happened to Lubbock Estacado? When I was in HS
they had 20 guys that could run 4.4...:D.

Adidas410s
07-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Lubbock Cooper can surprise you if you're not up for them. They
did us. Those guys came out fired-up and we came out flat. We
did beat them 40-6 in the first round of that same year though.

Whatever happened to Lubbock Estacado? When I was in HS
they had 20 guys that could run 4.4...:D.

I know. I have heard my dad and uncle talk about playing Estacado and that Jimmy Keeling had some MEAN teams back in the day. They used to have all of the best athletes in Lubbock playing there. Alas, more affluent school board members "conveniently" redrew the boundaries to transfer the talent to Coronado and Monterrey...and now Estacado football is a thing of the past. :(

Black_Magic
07-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Snyder did throw in the "fluff games" though with Amarillo Palo Duro, Lbk Cooper, and Lbk Estacado. Don't give them TOO much credit now red! ;) Amarillo Palo Duro and Lbk Cooper ( District Champs ) are by far no "Fluff Games" LOL. Both are District Champions As are 5 of the 7 Predistrict games Snyder has ) And Palo Duro is a Large 4A. Snyder is playing 3 4A schools. The other two scrimages are VS Frenship and Canyon Randall. But you go ahead and keep showing your ignorance of HS Football Bleacher Creature.

Adidas410s
07-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Amarillo Palo Duro and Lbk Cooper ( District Champs ) are by far no "Fluff Games" LOL. Both are District Champions As are 5 of the 7 Predistrict games Snyder has ) And Palo Duro is a Large 4A. Snyder is playing 3 4A schools. The other two scrimages are VS Frenship and Canyon Randall. But you go ahead and keep showing your ignorance of HS Football Bleacher Creature.

Palo Duro and Lubbock Cooper are teams that your great Snyder Tigers should easily beat. Palo Duro sometimes wins district in one of the weakest districts in 4A. They then proceed to lose to Frenship or Plainview in the 1st round of the playoffs pretty much every season. A really scary team indeed!!! :eek:

Lubbock Cooper's district isn't much better. This time around it includes Brownfield, Levelland, and Seminole. Teams that strike fear in the hearts of many opponents! :thumbsup:

Though I know you can't comprehend it, I am not ignorant when it comes to high school football. What I write is thought out and I check my information before I say something. Once you can prove me otherwise...then you may continue to hurl junior high insults at me. However, until that time shows up (and it never will because you back away from every other challenge I've given you)...just go about your business of professing the greatness that is Snyder, Texas...but please do so with facts instead of the repetitive homer comments that you are so fond of using.

You stay classy Blackie...:thumbsup:

Black_Magic
07-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Palo Duro and Lubbock Cooper are teams that your great Snyder Tigers should easily beat. Palo Duro sometimes wins district in one of the weakest districts in 4A. They then proceed to lose to Frenship or Plainview in the 1st round of the playoffs pretty much every season. A really scary team indeed!!! :eek:

Lubbock Cooper's district isn't much better. This time around it includes Brownfield, Levelland, and Seminole. Teams that strike fear in the hearts of many opponents! :thumbsup:

Though I know you can't comprehend it, I am not ignorant when it comes to high school football. What I write is thought out and I check my information before I say something. Once you can prove me otherwise...then you may continue to hurl junior high insults at me. However, until that time shows up (and it never will because you back away from every other challenge I've given you)...just go about your business of professing the greatness that is Snyder, Texas...but please do so with facts instead of the repetitive homer comments that you are so fond of using.

You stay classy Blackie...:thumbsup: BEAT WYLIE TWO YEARS IN A ROW!:D :D :D SO WHAT DOES THAT MAKE WYLIE???? ITs funny that you would say what you do but then again by saying it your puting your own school down because they cant beat Snyder any more:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
07-18-2006, 01:12 PM
BEAT WYLIE TWO YEARS IN A ROW!:D :D :D SO WHAT DOES THAT MAKE WYLIE???? ITs funny that you would say what you do but then again by saying it your puting your own school down because they cant beat Snyder any more:rolleyes:

In English please...that incomplete jibberish isn't making too much sense.

Be glad that you beat Wylie. That's a big accomplishment for a school like Snyder. How did you do the last time that you faced them in the playoffs??? :thinking: How did you do last year in the playoffs???:thinking: How many times have you made it to at least the state semifinals in the last 10 years, 20 years, ever??? :thinking:

I can sit here and play this game with you all day long. Yes...Snyder beat Wylie the last two times that you played. What's your point??? You still can't put together a well thought out opinion to state your case...whatever that may be. Once you can figure out what you are trying to say and spell it out in some sort of organized manner...then I'll discuss things with you. Until then...it's just wasting my time to talk to you because whenever I call you out on your BS...all you can respond with is "oh we beat Wylie 2 times in a row!" I'm not disputing your wins...I've never said that Snyder didn't deserve to win. Why not grow up...be a man...and answer the questions that are asked of you!!! Is it really that hard??? I guess it is for you...

Black_Magic
07-18-2006, 02:09 PM
OK adidas I realy thought I spelled it out for your already but here goes again!. SNYDER HAS BEATEN WYLIE THE LAST TWO YEARS IN A ROW. I would Go as far to say that Snyder has handed Wylie at least 1/3 of it loses in the last two years. FOR YOU TO SAY SNYDER IS NOT A SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM GIVEN THAT THEY HAVE BEEN TO THE QUARTER FINALS TWO OUT OF THE LAST 3 SEASON AND TO THE SEMIFINALS AS WELL SHOWES HOW WARPED YOUR SENCE OF SUCCESS IS. IM SAYING YOUR PUTING DOWN WYLIE BY SAYING IT BECAUSE YOU CANT BEAT SNYDER GOT IT!??? IM SAYING THAT YOUR CONTENTION THAT A TEAM THAT HAS MADE THE QUATERS 2 OUT OF THE LAST 3 YEARS AND ONCE TO THE SEMIFINALS IS NOT SUCCESSFULL IS SHOWING HOW STUPID A COMMENT THAT IS... BY YOUR STANDARD ONLY THE ONES WHO HAVE HAD A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP ARE THE SUCCESFULL ONES :rolleyes: THAT MEANS 95% of Highschool football teams are unsuccesful.:rolleyes: :PLEASE GOT IT NOW??:doh

Adidas410s
07-18-2006, 02:21 PM
OK adidas I realy thought I spelled it out for your already but here goes again!. SNYDER HAS BEATEN WYLIE THE LAST TWO YEARS IN A ROW. I would Go as far to say that Snyder has handed Wylie at least 1/3 of it loses in the last two years. FOR YOU TO SAY SNYDER IS NOT A SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM GIVEN THAT THEY HAVE BEEN TO THE QUARTER FINALS TWO OUT OF THE LAST 3 SEASON AND TO THE SEMIFINALS AS WELL SHOWES HOW WARPED YOUR SENCE OF SUCCESS IS. IM SAYING YOUR PUTING DOWN WYLIE BY SAYING IT BECAUSE YOU CANT BEAT SNYDER GOT IT!??? IM SAYING THAT YOUR CONTENTION THAT A TEAM THAT HAS MADE THE QUATERS 2 OUT OF THE LAST 3 YEARS AND ONCE TO THE SEMIFINALS IS NOT SUCCESSFULL IS SHOWING HOW STUPID A COMMENT THAT IS... BY YOUR STANDARD ONLY THE ONES WHO HAVE HAD A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP ARE THE SUCCESFULL ONES :rolleyes: THAT MEANS 95% of Highschool football teams are unsuccesful.:rolleyes: :PLEASE GOT IT NOW??:doh

Wow...the more you right the harder it gets to read. And please don't write in ALL CAPS. It makes it that much more annoying!!!

You still haven't answered any of my questions that I have asked you. All you can say is..."hey Snyder beat Wylie two times in a row." That's all I'm getting out of what you are saying. The rest of it is just mindless rambling that avoids answering anything that I have asked you. You still can't accept what I and others have said. There is a difference between being a winning team and successful program. Ask people to name the successful programs in 3A. You won't get Snyder as an answer from anybody but a few Snyder loyalists.

Black_Magic
07-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Wow...the more you right the harder it gets to read. And please don't write in ALL CAPS. It makes it that much more annoying!!!

You still haven't answered any of my questions that I have asked you. All you can say is..."hey Snyder beat Wylie two times in a row." That's all I'm getting out of what you are saying. The rest of it is just mindless rambling that avoids answering anything that I have asked you. You still can't accept what I and others have said. There is a difference between being a winning team and successful program. Ask people to name the Top 5 most successful programs in 3A. You won't get Snyder as answer from anybody but a few Snyder loyalists.
I really thought that Caps would make it easy to read for you because you clearly have some reading disability. Naw,, You cant have a reading disability. Its DENIAL. You just ignore what you dont want to read and pretend or hope nobody sees it. THe biggest bird in the world does the same thing.:clap: I Guess I can Try to understand how all you see is my statement of SNYDER BEAT WYLIE THE LAST TWO YEARS IN A ROW.... It must be the only thing you think about. What is funny here is your back tracking... now you want it to be about some" Top 5 most successful programs in 3A". NOT just successful now but "TOP 5" So now your have back tracked to saying they are successful but not top 5..:clap: keep on talking.. the more you do the more foolish you seem. ;)

RMAC
07-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Talking of success, how many state baseball titles and golf championships do they have at Sweetwater? Last count, the Tigers have appeared 34 straight years in the playoffs and also 13 straight trips to the golf tournament, winning five state championsyhups in golf, including three of the last four years and ready to make it three in a row and four out of five. Go and sit in the cheap seats, I'm upstairs looking down on you.

Shut up. If you want to talk about state titles of any sort, go look at Wylie. In tennis alone, they have more state titles than Snyder. If you want me to, I can name them off . . .
nice
and
slow
so
you
can
read
them. ;)

RMAC
07-19-2006, 06:48 PM
I really thought that Caps would make it easy to read for you because you clearly have some reading disability. Naw,, You cant have a reading disability. Its DENIAL. You just ignore what you dont want to read and pretend or hope nobody sees it. THe biggest bird in the world does the same thing.:clap: I Guess I can Try to understand how all you see is my statement of SNYDER BEAT WYLIE THE LAST TWO YEARS IN A ROW.... It must be the only thing you think about. What is funny here is your back tracking... now you want it to be about some" Top 5 most successful programs in 3A". NOT just successful now but "TOP 5" So now your have back tracked to saying they are successful but not top 5..:clap: keep on talking.. the more you do the more foolish you seem. ;)

Yep, a reading disability from a guy who received 2 (that's the number after 1) bachelors in 4 years. Yep, he can't read alright.

Oh, and the "keep on talking.. the more you do the more foolish you seem. ;)" comment, priceless. I really want to like, I don't know, print off what you say and hang it on my ceiling. That way, when I wake up each morning, I will know how to NOT make myself look like a complete moron!!!

Black_Magic
07-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Yep, a reading disability from a guy who received 2 (that's the number after 1) bachelors in 4 years. Yep, he can't read alright.

Oh, and the "keep on talking.. the more you do the more foolish you seem. ;)" comment, priceless. I really want to like, I don't know, print off what you say and hang it on my ceiling. That way, when I wake up each morning, I will know how to NOT make myself look like a complete moron!!! Oh you want some too?? Come get some :D You know when they make fun of Snyder going one round and out you REALLY should come to the defense of them. Someone from Gram Should understand that.;)

Snydertigersrul
07-19-2006, 09:23 PM
How did Graham do last year in the playoffs?

Tiger Baseball
07-19-2006, 09:41 PM

Oh my god it said something half intelligent!

mustang04
07-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Oh my god it said something half intelligent!

hahahahahaha holy crap i freakin love this guy!!!! Tiger Baseball...you are prolly one of my new best snyder friends!!!:)

Snydertigersrul
07-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Tiger baseball probably doesn't live in Snyder. No Sweetwater lovers could last here.

mustang04
07-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Tiger baseball probably doesn't live in Snyder. No Sweetwater lovers could last here.

ohhhh, i beg the differ.....i know ALOT of people from Snyder who HATE it....i mean ALOT

where did tiger baseball ever say anything about loving sweetwater, you can hate your rival and still be embarassed by your own hometown...it happens

Snydertigersrul
07-19-2006, 11:05 PM
YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT, YOU ARE A PRIME EXAMPLE IN SWEETWATER:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

mustang04
07-19-2006, 11:20 PM
YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT, YOU ARE A PRIME EXAMPLE IN SWEETWATER:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

prime example of what?!?!?! OHHHH you think im an embarassment to the community?!?! wow....never thought of it that way.....YOU my friend....are a GENIUS!:D

Tiger Baseball
07-19-2006, 11:24 PM

No one said anything about being a sweetwater lover. I live in Snyder and proud of it, but when you speak its hard to stomach it!

RMAC
07-19-2006, 11:55 PM

Well first off, we didn't make it, which it does pain me to say so. I will, however say, and anybody who watched/play us this year will back me up on, that had our "Coach" taken into account that there were 3 other receivers on the field, we might've made the playoffs. Then we would've been killed by Gainseville. That doesn't hurt my feelings at all. Try calling me a name, that might do the trick.:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
07-20-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by RMAC
Try calling me a name, that might do the trick.:rolleyes:

Super fat dumbo!!!

Sweetwater Red
07-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Super fat dumbo!!!

With big ears! and a big nose! and a ......:D

LH Panther Mom
07-20-2006, 03:09 PM
2. Cuero
5. Hutto
6. Wimberley
7. Cameron Yoe
25. Waco Connally
Dang, Matthew! Couldn't you have found room for Taylor, Rockdale & Gatesville so all the 3a teams on our schedule would be there? :eek: :eek: :p

tigerpride_08
07-20-2006, 06:38 PM
just got back from baseball camp and i see no wharton:confused: ...

lostaussie
07-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
I live in Snyder and proud of it, but when you speak its hard to stomach it! thats wicked:thinking:

Ranger Mom
07-22-2006, 12:11 AM
This thread was so much fun to read....and if I'm not mistaken, I think it might have come close to becoming a Sweetwater/Snyder/AbileneWylie thread.

What are the odds of that???:D

Sweetwater Red
07-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
This thread was so much fun to read....and if I'm not mistaken, I think it might have come close to becoming a Sweetwater/Snyder/AbileneWylie thread.

What are the odds of that???:D

What would you do without us Sweetwater posters? :D :kiss:

Snydertigersrul
07-22-2006, 12:53 PM
What would you do without us Sweetwater posters? :D :kiss:

We don't need them, all we need are Snyder posters, except from Tiger baseball

Ranger Mom
07-22-2006, 02:27 PM
We don't need them, all we need are Snyder posters, except from Tiger baseball

Those threads would be pretty boring with Sweetwater posters.....although, I guess you and Tiger Baseball could argue amongst yourselves and every once in a while, Black Magic could throw in one of his 3 standard arguments.:D

Snydertigersrul
07-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Those threads would be pretty boring with Sweetwater posters.....although, I guess you and Tiger Baseball could argue amongst yourselves and every once in a while, Black Magic could throw in one of his 3 standard arguments.:D

I thought one of the purposes of the board is to air different opinions. Tiger baseball just happens to be wrong. NUMBERS are important. That's why we have the classificiations.

Ranger Mom
07-23-2006, 02:46 AM
I thought one of the purposes of the board is to air different opinions.

Nobody said it wasn't!!

But.....that means Sweetwater posters have as much right to air their different opinions as you do!!

Mustangpride09
07-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Adidas

Cant you get over the hurt of the last two years?? Its transparent why you dont like Snyder all of a sudden. All of a sudden you really hate Snyder in the last couple of years. I just wanted to point that out to everyone that you didnt use to be so negative. COULD IT BE YOUR ANGRY BECAUSE WE BEAT YOU TWO YEARS IN A ROW????:thinking: Look I have all the respect for wylie as a team and a very good team at that. What is funny here is your transparent coments about Snyder not being a winning program. I mean when you look at the last few years only an idiot would not see it. Maybe you actualy do believe what your write about Snyder. BUT IF YOU DO BELIEVE IT THEN THAT MEANS WYLIE CANT BEAT A SECOND RATE TEAM ( ACORDING TO YOU THAT IS ):rolleyes: Either Your wrong about about Snyder or Wyle sure has slid down hill. Which is it???:thinking:

What is it...... 7 playoff wins?

Black_Magic
07-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
What is it...... 7 playoff wins? I dont know all the history. I DO know Snyder is 2-0 Vs Sweetwater in the playoffs though.;)

Gobbla2001
07-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Adidas, mad because Snyder beat his team the last two years?

No... Happy because his team has won a State Championship in the last two years... Yes...

Gobbla2001 mad because Adidas' team beat his team in the Championship, maybe ;) :D

Snydertigersrul
07-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I dont know all the history. I DO know Snyder is 2-0 Vs Sweetwater in the playoffs though.;)

The first playoff meeting was at the Toilet Bowl in Sweetwater. :devil:

Snydertigersrul
07-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Adidas, mad because Snyder beat his team the last two years?

No... Happy because his team has won a State Championship in the last two years... Yes...

Gobbla2001 mad because Adidas' team beat his team in the Championship, maybe ;) :D

Wylie didn't win the state championship, Cuero gave it to them on a silver platter, just like against Hutto.

Gobbla2001
07-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Wylie didn't win the state championship, Cuero gave it to them on a silver platter, just like against Hutto.

Ohhhh... I'm sorry... I must have been seeing things when Keenum ran down the field and that kicker made a FG as time expired... we must have blew on the ball so it'd go in (it landed on the platter?)...

Also must have been seeing things when that kid from Hutto who had recently lost his father was inspired to go smash-mouth on Cuero in their last drive to seal the victory... we must have blown on that ball to so that their FG would go through the uprights as well...

Go Sweetwater haha

Snydertigersrul
07-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Ohhhh... I'm sorry... I must have been seeing things when Keenum ran down the field and that kicker made a FG as time expired... we must have blew on the ball so it'd go in (it landed on the platter?)...

Also must have been seeing things when that kid from Hutto who had recently lost his father was inspired to go smash-mouth on Cuero in their last drive to seal the victory... we must have blown on that ball to so that their FG would go through the uprights as well...

Go Sweetwater haha

You are such an excuse-maker. Winners don't make excuses, they just win.

Gobbla2001
07-29-2006, 02:46 PM
You are such an excuse-maker. Winners don't make excuses, they just win.

And Wylie and Hutto just won... I just gave reasons they won, not excuses as to why they won...

Idiots don't try to make logical posts, they just keep being idiots... :p :D

Tiger Baseball
07-30-2006, 11:08 PM

Sorry mom I don't argue with a fence post I just ignore it

44INAROW
07-31-2006, 08:56 AM

I am starting to rethink my thoughts on hate. :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
07-31-2006, 08:57 AM
:D ;)

Ranger Mom
07-31-2006, 09:13 AM

HAHA!! I know where you are coming from!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Im ready for this season, heard Bellville had 2 move-ins from Katy? Said they were good size.

lostaussie
08-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Im ready for this season, heard Bellville had 2 move-ins from Katy? Said they were good size. a move in? i think that would be the same as a transfer:thinking:

Gobbla2001
08-05-2006, 05:41 PM
prolly from katy-taylor or katy cinco-ranch... congrats, you just got two new bench-warmers haha..

Gobbla2001
08-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Im ready for this season, heard Bellville had 2 move-ins from Katy? Said they were good size.

are they brothers? same household?

Bandera YaYa
08-06-2006, 09:32 PM
...and we got a move-in from Llano..... :D

sweetwater07
08-07-2006, 11:47 AM
i'm kind of surprised to see yoe and bellville in front of sweetwater....but then again thats home town pride for you.....this season is going to be a good one

Ranger Mom
08-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
i'm kind of surprised to see yoe and bellville in front of sweetwater....but then again thats home town pride for you.....this season is going to be a good one

Hello stranger!!

sweetwater07
08-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Hello stranger!!

thats no lie...i haven't been online since last football season

AggieJohn
08-07-2006, 11:57 AM
thats no lie...i haven't been online since last football season i like it when we get our seasonal posters back

sweetwater07
08-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i like it when we get our seasonal posters back

well i don't like being a seasonal poster ...but i have been busy.....i am jsut looking forward to football season

Gobbla2001
08-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
...and we got a move-in from Llano..... :D

We got one from Denver Broncos

SnyTigBaseB07
08-08-2006, 12:36 AM
I am really liking the look of that snyder up there at 12, however somehow we get beat out by you know who!

Highschoolfan78
08-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Cuero got maurice Claret..

to be the janitor at the high school

GOFOR2
08-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Ingleside is going to beat Sinton (#21) just for the record.

Put your money where your mouth is.

sweetwater07
08-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
I am really liking the look of that snyder up there at 12, however somehow we get beat out by you know who!

i always enjoy seeing snyder at the semi top of the ranks and then watching them plummit to the bottom.....j/k...but i am eager to hear the outcome of that rematch between snyder and monahans...going to be a good one.....also i didn't think snyder had anybody worthy returning this year..after the loss of martinez and reigh...anyone capable of making an impact???

SnyTigBaseB07
08-08-2006, 09:27 PM
[i]...anyone capable of making an impact??? [/B]

definately, the return of lance day, lance is a great great player, and i think that now, with a new offensive set up, (no change cept players) i think he'll have more room to show off what he's capable on this side of the ball

a lot of the freshman/sophomore players that are coming into this year, im pretty sure that youre going to see a handful of very talented guys on the line this year from that group of players

of course, we get to see who gets to take the place of "greatest snyder player", so im interested in that too, but we do have a lot to look forward to

as for the monahans game, it will be great, but i have much faith in my team to take the W on that one

44INAROW
08-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
Cuero got maurice Claret..

to be the janitor at the high school

Send him back :D

Stownhorse
08-10-2006, 02:26 PM
definately, the return of lance day, lance is a great great player, and i think that now, with a new offensive set up, (no change cept players) i think he'll have more room to show off what he's capable on this side of the ball

a lot of the freshman/sophomore players that are coming into this year, im pretty sure that youre going to see a handful of very talented guys on the line this year from that group of players

of course, we get to see who gets to take the place of "greatest snyder player", so im interested in that too, but we do have a lot to look forward to

as for the monahans game, it will be great, but i have much faith in my team to take the W on that one

Lance Day? Who is that?...haha maybe a great player at baseball buyt I wasnt impressed during football season

Adidas410s
08-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
Lance Day? Who is that?...haha maybe a great player at baseball buyt I wasnt impressed during football season

considering he was out most of the season (including district) with a broken arm...you didn't even get to see him play unless you were at the Monahans playoff game, where he had a very solid game. Lance is a great athlete and should make Snyder a very competitive team this fall!

I Bleed Red08
08-10-2006, 03:31 PM
All i know is there is going to be some powerhouse teams this year and i think sweetwater even losing a bunch of key players they are still going to be a team that has the stuff to go at least to the quarter finals again but then again i dont know it depends on who we play and how we do but i think we will do good

Snyder_TigerFan
08-10-2006, 03:51 PM

I read in the paper that there were a couple of "top" athletes from other sports that will be playing this year. I'm looking forward to the season and seeing who is going to shine this year. I was glad to hear that there were more athletes going out for the team this year, I think that's the new enthusiasm being instilled! We've definetly have some young talent.

sweetwater07
08-11-2006, 02:12 PM
I read in the paper that there were a couple of "top" athletes from other sports that will be playing this year. I'm looking forward to the season and seeing who is going to shine this year. I was glad to hear that there were more athletes going out for the team this year, I think that's the new enthusiasm being instilled! We've definetly have some young talent.

i can't wait until the snyder / sweetwater game....oh wait snyder didn't want to play us..lol..just trying to stir some conversation......but seriously..i expect snyder to have a good team this year as they always do..whether or not they are better than us..which i doubt..lol

Stownhorse
08-12-2006, 01:20 AM
considering he was out most of the season (including district) with a broken arm...you didn't even get to see him play unless you were at the Monahans playoff game, where he had a very solid game. Lance is a great athlete and should make Snyder a very competitive team this fall!

exactly why I said who is that...until i see sum highlights idk, I cant go by word of mouth

Stownhorse
08-12-2006, 01:23 AM

What new athletes are stepping onto the field?

Alaska cat
08-12-2006, 02:16 AM
I have watched this string for some time, and everyone keeps forgetting Celina......they are 33-3 aginst 3a teams in the last 5 years, and several of rhem were 3a playoff teams, loosing only to Dangerfield 21-20 with no time left in the playoffs on a shanked extra point,their first crack at it, then to Gilmer who won it all, and gainsville who won it all, so don't count the kids in Orange out.
Like thei rmotto "Tradition Doesn't Graduate"

lostaussie
08-12-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
I have watched this string for some time, and everyone keeps forgetting Celina......they are 33-3 aginst 3a teams in the last 5 years, and several of rhem were 3a playoff teams, loosing only to Dangerfield 21-20 with no time left in the playoffs on a shanked extra point,their first crack at it, then to Gilmer who won it all, and gainsville who won it all, so don't count the kids in Orange out.
Like thei rmotto "Tradition Doesn't Graduate" the year we beat Celina, we were crushed the next week by Atlanta who won it all. there were several teams that year better than Celina, we just happened to be the first one they played. but, i do still get your point, they can hang in 3a.

Stownhorse
08-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Alaska cat
Like thei rmotto "Tradition Doesn't Graduate"

isnt celina 2A?

piratebg
08-13-2006, 01:57 AM
isnt celina 2A?

This past realignment puts them back in 3A.

Stownhorse
08-13-2006, 02:20 AM
ok

Stownhorse
08-13-2006, 02:43 PM
How many starters are returning for Yoe?

sweetwater07
08-13-2006, 08:30 PM
How many starters are returning for Yoe?

i was under the impression that yoe graduated most of their team..????

Black_Magic
08-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Lance Day? Who is that?...haha maybe a great player at baseball buyt I wasnt impressed during football season Who is Lance Day???:rolleyes: You must be really young. He was the District Newcomer of the year in 04 .. He was out most of district play last year with a broken arm. Snyder has a couple of players who did good in basketball and baseball last year that have not played football in high school and are looking good as recievers/ DBs.

mustang04
08-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Snyder has a couple of players who did good in basketball and baseball last year that have not played football in high school and are looking good as recievers/ DBs.

well isn't that just too cute

:D

Mustangpride09
08-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Who is Lance Day???:rolleyes: You must be really young. He was the District Newcomer of the year in 04 .. He was out most of district play last year with a broken arm. Snyder has a couple of players who did good in basketball and baseball last year that have not played football in high school and are looking good as recievers/ DBs.

Bollinger finally stop being a baby and cut his hair?

mustang04
08-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Bollinger finally stop being a baby and cut his hair?

actually he shaved it haha

Adidas410s
08-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Who is Lance Day???:rolleyes: You must be really young. He was the District Newcomer of the year in 04 .. He was out most of district play last year with a broken arm. Snyder has a couple of players who did good in basketball and baseball last year that have not played football in high school and are looking good as recievers/ DBs.
now if they can just get those issues fixed on the coaching staff...right blackie? ;)

sweetwater07
08-15-2006, 08:04 PM
whats seems to be the problem with the coaching staff of snyder????

Black_Magic
08-15-2006, 08:38 PM
now if they can just get those issues fixed on the coaching staff...right blackie? ;) Yeah , No kidding:rolleyes: IF only we could go back to the days when Snyder was in the play offs and winning district just about every year like in the past....;)

sweetwater07
08-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah , No kidding:rolleyes: IF only we could go back to the days when Snyder was in the play offs and winning district just about every year like in the past....;)

maybe they'll get past the first round this year

Black_Magic
08-15-2006, 08:55 PM
maybe they'll get past the first round this year You Never Know..... who will be eating crow that is. Do you Think sweetwater can handle Bridgport or Gainsville the first round this year?

Mustangpride09
08-15-2006, 09:14 PM
You Never Know..... who will be eating crow that is. Do you Think sweetwater can handle Bridgport or Gainsville the first round this year?

Definately.

Black_Magic
08-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Definately. Time will tell.;) thats exactly why I would not be talkng smack about any first round anything. It sure can boomerang on ya and come back at ya with a vengance;)

Mustangpride09
08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Snyder would know.

SnyTigBaseB07
08-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Snyder would know.

ya we would wouldnt we....:thinking:

Adidas410s
08-16-2006, 10:50 AM
You Never Know..... who will be eating crow that is. Do you Think sweetwater can handle Bridgport or Gainsville the first round this year?

don't count on Gainesville to get in the playoffs. The Bridgeport matchup COULD turn it into a shootout if it took place.

Butkus
08-16-2006, 11:15 AM
in the past....;) That's where ole blackie likes ta live.

Black_Magic
08-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
That's where ole blackie likes ta live. Funny how you write that then You look at your sig and its all about the past..

Butkus
08-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Funny how you write that then You look at your sig and its all about the past.. This one alittle better old son.

Black_Magic
08-17-2006, 10:42 AM
This one alittle better old son. Still living in the past??:clap: Oh wait thats your line:clap:

Adidas410s
08-17-2006, 02:56 PM
That's where ole blackie likes ta live.

but only if it's the past 3 years...

Snyder Tigers...a 3-year Tradition of Excellence :thumbsup:

Phantom Stang
08-17-2006, 03:46 PM
I hear Argyle ain't too shabby either.:thinking:

Phantom Stang
08-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I hear Argyle ain't too shabby either.:thinking:
I'm not saying the Mustangs can't handle them of course, but any one of those teams is going to be tough.

Black_Magic
08-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Bollinger finally stop being a baby and cut his hair? I think this thread should be Closed.. Its clear that this should not be posted. It is a personal remark If I have ever heard of one. what do you think?? I have seen threads closed for less.. or is this kind of comment ok ?

Ranger Mom
08-18-2006, 01:53 PM
I think this thread should be Closed.. Its clear that this should not be posted. It is a personal remark If I have ever heard of one. what do you think?? I have seen threads closed for less.. or is this kind of comment ok ?

If you have a problem with that, you need to take it up with the moderators in a PM.

jdog93
08-19-2006, 08:54 AM
1. Gilmer
2. Cuero
3. West Orange-Stark
4. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
5. Hutto
6. Wimberley
7. Cameron Yoe
8. Dallas Madison
9. Bellville
10. Sweetwater
11. Palestine
12. Snyder
13. Giddings
14. Abilene Wylie
15. Celina
16. Kennedale
17. West Columbia
18. Rusk
19. Van
20. Carthage
21. Sinton
22. Brownsboro
23. Monahans
24. Canyon
25. Waco Connally

Jasper's not even ranked!? Whats up with that?!?!?!?!

Hupernikomen
08-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by jdog93
Jasper's not even ranked!? Whats up with that?!?!?!?!

Most people don't even think we will make the playoffs so not surprised that the Dogs aren't in the top 25.

PlayaJBiehl20
08-20-2006, 11:06 AM
NEW NAME FOR 3A DOWNLOW: Sweetwater/Snyder Message Board

Ranger Mom
08-20-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20

Uh yeah....that's been mentioned a time or ten!!

sweetwater07
08-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20

isn't that the truth

pirate4state
08-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Why am I not surprised? :evillaugh

Bulldog_12
08-21-2006, 01:50 AM
I think Jasper should have been #1, but maybe I am a tad bias.

MagicMan
08-21-2006, 04:10 PM
i think edna should be #1 but maybe i'm a tad retarded

Texas-Fight
08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
This top 25 looks good.

Gobbla2001
08-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by MagicMan
i think edna should be #1 but maybe i'm a tad retarded

Yah, you are, because they're 2A and you most-likely had 250 yards receiving against them last year...

Raider Nurse
08-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Let's go Bellville!!! Have a great year!!!!!!:clap:

charlesrixey
08-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Does it really matter what the exact definition is in this case? Wylie has been one of the best and most consistent teams in west texas for more than a decade, but snyder has been very successful the last couple of years. Who cares about minute details? I suppose it helps when my team has won seven state titles, but wylie has been more successful since the mid nineties, and snyder has caught up in the last few years. No one can change either fact. It depends on how you ask the question.

It's good to see there is another decent TXHSFB message board on the net, although i hadn't been to the downlow in a couple of years.

Good to see you again Gobbla and Matthew. Whatever happened to Bearcat?

hereandnow
08-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Something tells me that Caldwell will be in there within a month

mwynn05
08-30-2006, 12:00 PM
I saw in the paper a couple of weeks ago Fairfield beat Rusk(18) in a scrimmage. It's just a scrimmage and might not say a whole lot, but its's a good start for Fairfield since they went 2-7 last season

Boosty_Hondo
09-01-2006, 10:13 PM
were hondo be at

Mustangpride09
09-02-2006, 12:39 AM
Can't wait to see where matthew places Giddings, Wimberly, Monahans, and Snyder after this week. Hondo should definately be on here as well, I agree.

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Waco Connally - What can you tell me about them? I'll let you know September 2 if they "deserved" that ranking. ;)
What can I say? They were good and probably did deserve the ranking. But, we just happened to be better! http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/neener.gif

;)