PDA

View Full Version : Im headin to seguin/ SA area for a few days....

football4life
07-16-2006, 10:31 PM
one day will be spend at schlitterbaun, so that day is taken care of, but we need stuff to do on the next day in San Antonio, other than like the riverwalk and the alamo. also, we are staying at the best western in seguin. has anyone ever been there and is seguin pretty easy to navigate? just lookin for some extra info before we leave.

pirate4state
07-16-2006, 11:32 PM
HWY 123 in Seguin is under construction, but other than that you should be cool! :thumbsup: Have a good time!

44INAROW
07-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Be sure and wear/take some kind of swimming shoes (I don't know what else to call them) to wear while you are standing in line at Schiltterbahn.... otherwise, you will FRY the bottom of your feet..... Have a good time :)

football4life
07-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Be sure and wear/take some kind of swimming shoes (I don't know what else to call them) to wear while you are standing in line at Schiltterbahn.... otherwise, you will FRY the bottom of your feet..... Have a good time :)

oh shoot i am really glad you said that, reminding me from the last time i went. whew, that would have been bad! gracias both of you.

GreenMonster
07-16-2006, 11:58 PM
Have fun!!!! Give a wave just after crossing the first over-pass in Iowa Park if you are headed down 287 to I-35. My house is roughly 50 yards to the south of 287 right about where the on ramp joins the expressway.

hawkfan
07-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Have fun!!!! Give a wave just after crossing the first over-pass in Iowa Park if you are headed down 287 to I-35. My house is roughly 50 yards to the south of 287 right about where the on ramp joins the expressway.

And say hello to My Parents when you pass by their house about 2 miles West of Iowa Park.

football4life
07-17-2006, 12:35 AM
hopefully i'll still be awake around then, but we should be nice and snug with 5 guys in my extended cab pickup, so not much sleepin will be goin on. we might get a little tired of each other

CalallenWildcat
07-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by football4life
one day will be spend at schlitterbaun, so that day is taken care of, but we need stuff to do on the next day in San Antonio, other than like the riverwalk and the alamo. also, we are staying at the best western in seguin. has anyone ever been there and is seguin pretty easy to navigate? just lookin for some extra info before we leave.

1. Schlitterbahn is awesome. Be sure to get there early (approx 30 minutes before park opening) so that you can get a parking spot and first choice at a table when the park opens. I used to know the secrets on how to avoid the crowds, but the Bahn has surged in popularity since then and I have learned you just have to deal with lines everywhere you go!

2. Things to do in SA other than the Riverwalk and the Alamo: go see the other missions, take in a minor league baseball game, if you aren't waterparked out go to Splashtown, and seriously, I can't think of too much else. Anyone else have any ideas?

3. Seguin is very easy to navigate. Every street basically runs N/S or E/W. Most of the restaurants seem to be along Highway 123, which is currently a construction zone, but there are a few restaurants in other parts of the town as well. Ask the front desk for some good local choices.

football4life
07-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
1. Schlitterbahn is awesome. Be sure to get there early (approx 30 minutes before park opening) so that you can get a parking spot and first choice at a table when the park opens. I used to know the secrets on how to avoid the crowds, but the Bahn has surged in popularity since then and I have learned you just have to deal with lines everywhere you go!

2. Things to do in SA other than the Riverwalk and the Alamo: go see the other missions, take in a minor league baseball game, if you aren't waterparked out go to Splashtown, and seriously, I can't think of too much else. Anyone else have any ideas?

3. Seguin is very easy to navigate. Every street basically runs N/S or E/W. Most of the restaurants seem to be along Highway 123, which is currently a construction zone, but there are a few restaurants in other parts of the town as well. Ask the front desk for some good local choices.

awesome, thanks a lot. we are headed out momentarily, so hopefully the trip goes good. nothin like a road trip, should be fun.

CalallenWildcat
07-17-2006, 08:40 AM
awesome, thanks a lot. we are headed out momentarily, so hopefully the trip goes good. nothin like a road trip, should be fun.

Have fun and stay safe!

Bandera YaYa
07-17-2006, 12:22 PM
Wow.......why would anyone want to stay in Seguin!!! Too many nice places in the Hill Country.....or San Antonio....of course, there is great shopping to be had in the Alamo City!!!! :D

Highschoolfan78
07-17-2006, 12:29 PM
The best western in seguin is really nice. as they said mainly everything is on hwy 123 and Court ST which is their main drag. Las Palmas is a good place to eat.. i think that was the name of it.. Pretty much all the mexican resturaunts are nice. Have fun!!

Bandera YaYa
07-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
The best western in seguin is really nice. as they said mainly everything is on hwy 123 and Court ST which is their main drag. Las Palmas is a good place to eat.. i think that was the name of it.. Pretty much all the mexican resturaunts are nice. Have fun!! Oh ok....just saying Seguin as a whole........just wouldn't be my choice for a vacation stop. :p

SintonFan
07-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Fiesta Texas or Sea World are two choices. The SA museum of art and the Witte Museum are free on Tuesdays. Go to both if you have a chance.:)

piratebg
07-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Don't forget your towel. :D