07-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Coors Light
Coors Original
Bud Light
Budweiser
Bud Select
Miller Light
MGD
Shiner Bock (go ahead and include Zeigen Bock and Killian's in here... Killian's is pretty similar to Shiner)
One of the 'bottom of the barrels' (Keystone, Busch, Natty, the Beast, etc.... please list)
Other (Imports, Lone Star, Pabst, etc... please list)

Sweetwater Red
07-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Bud Light....hands down.

Buccaneer
07-16-2006, 01:00 PM
It is spelled Miller Lite. The original.

GreenMonster
07-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Dark beer at just below room temperature. Shiner will do nicely. Guinness ain't bad either.

Sweetwater Red
07-16-2006, 01:02 PM
"bottom of the barrels"???

How many times have you stopped at a store on your way to
work in the morning and seen an old scruffy looking guy digging
two or three singles out of an ice filled barrel at 7:00 a.m.?

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm a huge fan of Shiner and I like the way Zeigen Bock tastes, but I refuse to drink a beer from a corporation in St. Louis that's trying to put a family-owned Texas company out of business. :D

But as far as taste goes, here's my list:
1. Shiner
2. Zeigen Bock
3. Killian's
4. Lone Star
5. Lone Star Light
6. Miller Light
7. Coors Original
8. Busch
9. Bud Select
10. Budweiser (and yes, I think Busch goes down smoother than Bud)

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
"bottom of the barrels"???

How many times have you stopped at a store on your way to
work in the morning and seen an old scruffy looking guy digging
two or three singles out of an ice filled barrel at 7:00 a.m.?
That scruffy-looking guy may be me.

http://photoblog.klercke.dk/upload/pics/2005-01/homeless.jpg

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Above: That's me at my house about two weeks ago.

Sweetwater Red
07-16-2006, 01:12 PM
I agree. Budweiser doesn't go down very smoothly. But, Light is
easy on the taste buds and the body the next day if you drink
more than 6 the night before.

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I agree. Budweiser doesn't go down very smoothly. But, Light is
easy on the taste buds and the body the next day if you drink
more than 6 the night before.
I'm just not as big on light beers. I started off with Lone Star full flavor and Shiner, so that's what I acquired a taste for. I guess I don't mind Miller Light or Lone Star Light so much (my dad's a Miller Light drinker) but I always prefer a fuller beer...

...unless I'm running the marathon. If I'm planning on getting a little wild and crazy it's lights. Usually Lone Star or Keystones.

gato 76
07-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Coors Light
Coors Original
Bud Light
Budweiser
Bud Select
Miller Light
MGD
Shiner Bock (go ahead and include Zeigen Bock and Killian's in here... Killian's is pretty similar to Shiner)
One of the 'bottom of the barrels' (Keystone, Busch, Natty, the Beast, etc.... please list)
Other (Imports, Lone Star, Pabst, etc... please list)

MGD GOES DOWN GOOD WHEN ITS REAL COLD AND FROM A BOTTLE.

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by gato 76
MGD GOES DOWN GOOD WHEN ITS REAL COLD AND FROM A BOTTLE.
Vote for it.

Gobbla2001
07-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Voted for Shiner man, that's been my favorite beer for four years now (yup, since I was 19 ha)... it's opened up new avenues for me as well, I love trying different stuff every chance I get...

I did tear me up some Lone Star last night, though... about the cheapest alternative to Shiner I think...

Miller Lite is my favorite light beer if I'm drinking light...

just can't do coors light anymore though original isn't bad...

MGD is very smooth...

The taste of Bud Light reminds me of when I was 15 throwing up off the back-porch somewhere, so I can't do that unless it's there and that's all there is...

tigerpride_08
07-16-2006, 02:37 PM
i hate beer...

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i hate beer...
Good. Hate it until you're 21. :D My biggest problem was that I loved beer before that age.

pirate44
07-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Good. Hate it until you're 21. :D My biggest problem was that I loved beer before that age.
i only drank beer at a younger age like most people, cuz thats what the croud was doing. i only drank miller lite cuz i didnt like the flavor of beer as it was so why try different. now that i like the taste, miller lite seems much too flavorless. i like Bud light since it tastes good and everyone has it. Shiner bock is ok, not as good as i was hoping. but to tell you the truth, on a hot day, any ice cold beer tastes good

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-16-2006, 03:21 PM
I didn't know that beer could taste good...hmm.:thinking:

pirate44
07-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I didn't know that beer could taste good...hmm.:thinking:
i remember those days.

i remember thinking that if i had to guess what horse pee tasted like, beer had to be it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i remember those days.

i remember thinking that if i had to guess what horse pee tasted like, beer had to be it.
If I had to make a choice between drinking my own vomit and beer, I would choose the vomit. Beer is bitter and I really think that you have to learn to like the taste, and I don't know if I ever will or will want to.

pirate44
07-16-2006, 03:31 PM
If I had to make a choice between drinking my own vomit and beer, I would choose the vomit. Beer is bitter and I really think that you have to learn to like the taste, and I don't know if I ever will or will want to.
LOL. i drink maybe one or two beers every 6 months at the most. so i think my tastes just changed.

kaorder1999
07-16-2006, 03:39 PM
corona

GreenMonster
07-16-2006, 03:57 PM
LOL. i drink maybe one or two beers every 6 months at the most. so i think my tastes just changed.

Same here. I used to drink because it was "fun" but I didn't really care for the taste. It was Bud Light then or El Naturale. Then I moved on to college and found Shiner. I nurse beers and Shiner is perfect for my style, the warmer it gets the better flavor it has. I rarely drink beer but when I do it's Shiner if no Shiner then I go to the Coors Light. It just seems to go down a little smoother than Bud Light these days. I've noticed that I actually drink a lot more Coors Light than anything else though. My main drinkin' spot has become the golf course where I'll have 3,4, or 5 and they don't offer Shiner.

pirate44
07-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Same here. I used to drink because it was "fun" but I didn't really care for the taste. It was Bud Light then or El Naturale. Then I moved on to college and found Shiner. I nurse beers and Shiner is perfect for my style, the warmer it gets the better flavor it has. I rarely drink beer but when I do it's Shiner if no Shiner then I go to the Coors Light. It just seems to go down a little smoother than Bud Light these days. I've noticed that I actually drink a lot more Coors Light than anything else though. My main drinkin' spot has become the golf course where I'll have 3,4, or 5 and they don't offer Shiner.
i really wish i went fishing or played golf. for some reason, i think beer would taste better that way. but hands down, beer has to be best while grilling burgers or steaks over a mesquite fire. ice cold.

bulldogbark
07-16-2006, 04:05 PM
black and tans.....Half a glass or Guinness and another half of Harp beer......gotta love it:)

GreenMonster
07-16-2006, 04:06 PM
i really wish i went fishing or played golf. for some reason, i think beer would taste better that way. but hands down, beer has to be best while grilling burgers or steaks over a mesquite fire. ice cold. Buy some clubs and call over to the nearest Municipal GC and ask for lessons. Take 4 or 5 lessons to learn the game and go hack away like the rest of us schmucks that don't work at the golf course (Injured). Play once a week, once a month, or twice a year. You won't regret it. You can just go and get away from everything for a few hours.

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Have you ever tried Shiner Hefeweizen? It has a little bit of a lemon/citrus-y flavor. Pretty darn good.

wedo
07-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
corona

Word!!!! Corona Extra is the best with a lil lime and a lil salt, is the best!!!!! If not that Bud light is great!!!!!

Buccaneer
07-16-2006, 05:12 PM
That sounds like me and Scotch. Scotch is an acquired taste but once you have acquired it, it is hard to give up. As for as beer I like to drink it with a meal. It makes everything taste better! We should have a 3A Downlow beer tasting followed by a Texas Hold'em Tournament.

Gobbla2001
07-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Have you ever tried Shiner Hefeweizen? It has a little bit of a lemon/citrus-y flavor. Pretty darn good.

The hefe is great, unfiltered, pretty good...

Most people will tell you it is not a traditional Hefe, it's more like an American Wheat, but it's damn good... had about 4 of 'em at Bocktoberfest this year... not gunna tell how much Bock I had :D

BU97
07-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i hate beer...

Tigerpride how do you feel about maple syrup?

Eagle 1
07-16-2006, 06:04 PM
Cold Beer is the best tasting.
Coors Light is always good. http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/2407/drinkvo0.gif

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Anyone ever had any Samuel Jackson?

KindaCool
07-16-2006, 06:29 PM
i prefer coors light -

shiner is good on draft though

Gobbla2001
07-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Anyone ever had any Samuel Jackson?

Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm, b***h....

Actually, Samuel Adams Boston Lager is VERY good, I want to try the rest of their beers...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-16-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Mmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm, b***h....

Actually, Samuel Adams Boston Lager is VERY good, I want to try the rest of their beers...

Of course I always talk like this, haven't you seen my movies?

Old Tiger
07-16-2006, 07:11 PM
I prefer bud light

gobbler grad
07-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Michelob Ultra is the bomb, if you can afford it...

Eagle 1
07-16-2006, 09:37 PM
:clap: Good avatar.

bobcat1
07-16-2006, 09:48 PM
I guess some people think to be successful it takes drugs??????????? Try hard work and disciplined lifting. I have seen the difference it has made in my own son over the summer. The coaches don't have to make those kids lift. The kids make the other kids lift to be the best. It is expected! Discipline, Discipline, Discipline. If you don't work hard the kids will Talk to ya!

Eagle 1
07-16-2006, 09:55 PM
I know, just razzing ya.
I watched Celina beat the ....out of Sonora one night. At the end of the fourth quarter Celina had most of their second string in. All of them Celina boys in the huddle were standing with their hands behind their back listining to the qb call the play. Most teams when they are blowing out another team are bs around and not even paying attention. Not these boys. All business even when they were winning.
So how is Jr. doing?

Emerson1
07-16-2006, 09:58 PM
It all taste the same

bobcat1
07-16-2006, 10:01 PM
He has fit right in. He is getting stout enough it is all I can do to go with him for 10 minutes in pushing drills. He is dropping down (now 6'4" 215 lb size) and getting some leverage now. He is really getting strong. We will see soon enough.

Eagle 1
07-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Feed him gun powder and rattlesnakes, that will make him mean. http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6900/fing23vy7.gif

ol country boy
07-17-2006, 12:10 AM
My favorite beer is YOURS AND COLD

GreenMonster
07-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by ol country boy
My favorite beer is YOURS AND COLD Dude, don't butcher a perfectly good saying. It goes like this: "There's only 2 kinds of beer in the world FREE and COLD. If it's free then rodeo cool is perfect but if it's paid for it's damn sure gonna be cold!"

IHStangFan
07-17-2006, 12:16 AM
I'm w/ OCB....I like it cold...but when I have a choice Shiner or any other amber is my fav. I brewed beer for awhile when I was living in the Indian Ocean as...the beer we got via the grocery boat was at LEAST a year old. My last batch I brewed was a jalapeno amber.....it was GREAT!