PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France - Stage 14 (Sunday)

Phil C
07-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Today's race is a fairly flag stage and should be a sprinters race. Right now there are about 45 miles left in the race. There are some escapees about 5'20" ahead of the peloton but I think they will be caught before the end. The peloton isn't going to let them get the big lead as yesterday (or so it seems as of right now).

The big race starts on Tuesday - Thursday when they race in the Alps. Tomorrow (Monday) is the last rest day of the Tour. I think the races Tuesday thorough Thursday will decide the winner barring injuries from crashes of course. For the contenders to beat out Landis they will need to have a good advantage going into the final time trial race Saturday. We will see.

Phil C
07-16-2006, 09:25 AM
The peloton has closed the gap to the escapees to 4'20" and seems determined to catch them which I think it will.
Unfortunately there was a big crash in the escapees group and some may be out of the race. Let's hope the injuries aren't too serious though. There are still 3 of them riding though.

Phil C
07-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Off to Church. I hope someone can keep the updates coming. God Bless everyone and be back on later.

Phil C
07-17-2006, 08:49 AM
The stage was won by Pierrich Fedigo with the peloton close behind. Overall standings stayed the same. The riders rest today (Monday) with the Alps on the next three days which is where the race will probably be decided. There is still no clear cut favorite. We will see. Excitement indeed as the race will be concluded next Sunday.