PDA

View Full Version : Former Aransas Pass, current TCU DE Tommy Blake a CFN Preseason...

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 02:26 AM
All-American. (http://collegefootballnews.com/2006/Preview/AllAmerica_DE.htm) Well, honorable mention. He's the ninth-ranked DE on their list and the second-highest ranked underclassman.

Maroon87
07-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Tommy Blake might well be a "John Randle" type player in the NFL...low round draft pick, big time impact.:cool:

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 02:31 AM
Just saw that former Jasper and current Texas A&M DT Red Bryant is also an honorable mention All-American. (http://collegefootballnews.com/2006/Preview/AllAmerica_DT.htm) Nice representation for 3A football.

Fal44
07-16-2006, 02:33 AM
Ill be looking out for him this year.. I knew he played @ TCU but never followed Him this year I will be keeping up on Mr.Blake

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Tommy Blake might well be a "John Randle" type player in the NFL...low round draft pick, big time impact.:cool:
You know, I've thought that since his senior year in HS. Something clicked between his junior and senior years and he went from being a passive player to an absolute animal on the field. A complete attitude shift. After that, I knew that if he went to a team that put him in the right spot (I was thinking either DE or OLB) that he would make it to the League. How many college DE's have a 40-someodd-inch vert and run a 4.5? For that matter, how many NFL DE's can do that? I only know of one-Jevon Kearse.

To tell you the truth, unless he bulks up a little more he'll probably wind up being an OLB in a 3-4. He's only 6-3, 250 right now. Still, he'd be one of the fastest LB's in the NFL even though he weighs in at 250. If he gains another ten pounds between now and then, 4-3 teams will start looking at him.

When he inked with TCU I knew he was on the fast track to the NFL. Unfortunately, not too many other people did. I remember telling people on this board that he was maybe the best 3A player on the state that year, but only the people who had seen him play believed me. You put a football player's attitude in an athlete like that and you have the MWC's next Defensive POY... and it happened last year.

Maroon87
07-16-2006, 03:14 AM
Well shoot...I thought Blake was coming out this year, but since he's not, (obviously)I'd say he has a good chance at being a Top 10 pick in the 2007 draft. I hope he stays injury-free...he might be one of the best players to ever come out of the Coastal Bend...:clap:

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Well shoot...I thought Blake was coming out this year, but since he's not, (obviously)I'd say he has a good chance at being a Top 10 pick in the 2007 draft. I hope he stays injury-free...he might be one of the best players to ever come out of the Coastal Bend...:clap:
Oh yeah. He has the pedigree (his uncle, Rodney Hamilton, played for the New York Giants) and definitely has the athleticism. I think he'll be the best Coastal Bend NFLer since the Gene Upshaw and Raymond Berry.