PDA

View Full Version : I'm back from TX Stadium...

weatherag07
12-14-2003, 04:29 AM
What a game...
I had a feeling the game wouldn't be a blow-out, but I honestly didn't know who would win. Gainesville proved themselves to many people, and gained respect in the process--they certainly have mine! I believe this was a match-up between two equally talented teams, and it couldn't have been a more interesting game. Congratulations to Gainesville for being the new Div. 1 Class 3A Champions.

What a year...
To the Burnet football players, my heart broke for y'all as the final seconds ticked away...everything you worked for the whole season was now gone, and there was no ring to show for it. I know WINNING was the goal of the game-y'all wanted that ring, and righteously so! But you are champions...I know you'll hear it time and time again, but y'all are still champions in the eyes of many, so hold your heads up! There is nothing to be ashamed about; you guys had a FANTASTIC year. Burnet is still behind you 110%.

To the seniors...
Whether or not you go on to play college ball, or decide to hang around the area another year, good luck in all your endeavors. You guys are another group of talented kids that have been passing through Burnet High School lately. Y'all are wonderful, talented; and good luck with your last semester of high school, or your 1st semester of college.

To the rest of the team...
Next year we can start it all over again, and I believe it will be another good year for Burnet. There is a lot of potential, and next year you can show again how great Burnet football is!

District303aPastPlayer
12-14-2003, 04:54 AM
glad to see you made it home safely... Congrats Burnet on a great year....
Congrats to Gainesville on realizing hte ultimate goal.