PDA

View Full Version : One of the best North Texas baseball coaches steps down

VWG
07-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Heard today that Kerry Hargroves (WF RIDER 4A) is stepping down and will no longer be coaching the baseball team at WF Rider.

bobcat1
07-15-2006, 09:28 PM
It's true going to the oil business a while. Politics were too much for him inside WFISD. He will coach again somewhere next year I bet.

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Thats sad to hear...

Maroon87
07-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Hard to believe...he had Rider in the 4A state tourney just a couple of years ago.

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Yup, i watched them play here about two months ago.

GreenMonster
07-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
It's true going to the oil business a while. Politics were too much for him inside WFISD. He will coach again somewhere next year I bet.

One of the main reasons Hargrove looked so good at Rider was his involvement in the start-up of Little League in Southwestern Wichita Falls (Rider's drawing area). He was the first President of WFLL, a position that he handled while the assistant at Rider under Steve Stone (another super guy). When Stone left and Hargrove got promoted it was only a matter of time until those kids that Hargrove lead into Little League made it to HS. It was a rather visionary move on his part, and he reaped the fruit of those labors these past 3 or 4 years.

eagles_victory
07-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
One of the main reasons Hargrove looked so good at Rider was his involvement in the start-up of Little League in Southwestern Wichita Falls (Rider's drawing area). He was the first President of WFLL, a position that he handled while the assistant at Rider under Steve Stone (another super guy). When Stone left and Hargrove got promoted it was only a matter of time until those kids that Hargrove lead into Little League made it to HS. It was a rather visionary move on his part, and he reaped the fruit of those labors these past 3 or 4 years. Is that even legal

GreenMonster
07-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Is that even legal

Yes, the WFLL does not field any teams with players over 12 years old. In other words, none of these kids are even old enough to play junior high ball yet.