PDA

View Full Version : College Football Predictions

hawkfan
07-15-2006, 03:59 PM
What Predicitons do y'all have for your favorite college teams this year. I think. My Aggies will probably finish about 8-4 and get into the Holliday Bowl or something similar due to hopeful improvement on defense and an extremely potent offense. What do you think about your teams? Lets hear em.

Sweetwater Red
07-15-2006, 04:03 PM
The University of Michigan will win the National Championship.

Emerson1
07-15-2006, 04:13 PM
If Texas beats OSU it's another NC.

And if they lose to OSU there will be no undefeated teams come bowl time and there will be a big contraversey.

Bulldog_12
07-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
What Predicitons do y'all have for your favorite college teams this year. I think. My Aggies will probably finish about 8-4 and get into the Holliday Bowl or something similar due to hopeful improvement on defense and an extremely potent offense. What do you think about your teams? Lets hear em.

I think the Ags go 9-3 But its not pretty. They beat Tech at home, then go to Kansas and get brought back to Earth with a loss. Then beat Nebraska and lose to OU and Texas. We then go to the Holiday Bowl.

Sweetwater Red
07-15-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I think the Ags go 9-3 But its not pretty. They beat Tech at home, then go to Kansas and get brought back to Earth with a loss. Then beat Nebraska and lose to OU and Texas. We then go to the Holiday Bowl.

You really think that they'll lose to Kansas or are you talking
about Kansas St.?

Bulldog_12
07-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You really think that they'll lose to Kansas or are you talking
about Kansas St.?

Kansas. The only reason I say this is because the Ags have a tendency to look past teams after a big win. aka: Baylor in 04

gato 76
07-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
If Texas beats OSU it's another NC.

And if they lose to OSU there will be no undefeated teams come bowl time and there will be a big contraversey.

If they beat OSU,yep another NC.But if they don't what contraversey do you forsee?

Sweetwater Red
07-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Kansas. The only reason I say this is because the Ags have a tendency to look past teams after a big win. aka: Baylor in 04

Gotchya

It's just hard for me to picture Kansas winning anything that isn't
played on hardwood. :D

Bulldog_12
07-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Gotchya

It's just hard for me to picture Kansas winning anything that isn't
played on hardwood. :D

If Kansas can find a way to fill the gaps in their defense, they might be the one to represent the North in the Big 12 championship, It would mark the first time they had ever been to the Big 12 championship in both basketball and football in the same year.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-15-2006, 05:29 PM
DIII
Hardin-Simmons is loaded. They have a 6th year QB along with a ton of returners. If they beat Lindfield watchout. UMHB will also be a big test. Should the Cowboys win those two games they will go undefeated and could very well be National Champions in DIII.

I have a great feeling about this team.

DII
I like Southeastern Oklahoma and Angelo State. Both teams have a lot of talent and did great last year. I have no idea about a national champion.

DI
I think Oklahoma will have a national championship season again.

big daddy russ
07-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Auburn goes 11-1 during the regular season, losing to LSU at home. They go to the SEC Championship, however, because LSU suffers losses @ Tennessee and @ Arkansas.

Auburn/USC in the SEC Championship (no faith whatsoever in Urban Meyer and Florida, Georgia goes through their first rebuilding year in almost a decade) and USC gets revenge for the loss that the Tigers hand them at Williams-Brice during the regular season. Auburn goes to the Capital One Bowl and beats Florida state, finishing the year 12-2 with a top-ten ranking.

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2006, 05:59 PM
SMU - Here's the schedule and my predicted results

@ Texas Tech - Loss
@ UNT - Win
Sam Houston State - Win
Arkansas State - Win
@ Tulane - Win
@ UTEP - Loss
Marshall - Win
@ East Carolina - Loss
UAB - Win
Houston - Win
Tulsa - Win
Rice - Win

9-3. Now it's SMU so at least one of the sure wins they will lose, so we'll say 8-4 or 7-5. Good enough to go to the Fort Worth Bowl and get killed by a Big XII team.

Fal44
07-15-2006, 06:00 PM
I dont see any Major team going undefeated this year Emerson said.

Texas- OSU
OSU- Iowa
ND- slips up again like last year
OU- UT
A&m-Tech, Ut, OU

I also think Arizona Will Have a great time improving alot from last years bad season

big daddy russ
07-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
SMU - Here's the schedule and my predicted results

@ UNT - Win
@ UTEP - Loss
Houston - Win

A win against any two of these would be huge for that program. SMU should be pretty salty this year, so it could easily happen for the Mustangs. I'd like to see the program get back to where it was during the days of the Pony Express.

sahen
07-15-2006, 06:48 PM
I think Baylor will win 6 or 7 games and finally go back to a bowl :)

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
A win against any two of these would be huge for that program. SMU should be pretty salty this year, so it could easily happen for the Mustangs. I'd like to see the program get back to where it was during the days of the Pony Express.

They beat UTEP and Houston last year, and I see them beating UH again this year because it's in Dallas this year, but we won't beat UTEP in El Paso this year unless Jordan Palmer has as terrible a game this year as he did last year. As for UNT...they were 2-9 last year. They have Jamarrio Thomas, but not much else, and they are too one-dimensional to get past SMU.

big daddy russ
07-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
They have Jamarrio Thomas, but not much else, and they are too one-dimensional to get past SMU. Yeah, but they didn't lose much (I think they return something like 18 starters) from a team that lost most of their games by seven points or less. They were young and inconsistent last year. They should take a step forward and be one of the Sun Belt frontrunners this year. I could easily see them going 8-3.

wedo
07-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Texas IMO is going to really tuff on defense!!! And if they can hold Ohio State to around 21 or less they will win by running the football and playing ball control. And if they can do that then there is no way they lose to OU, i just don't see it happening!!! And if they win those two games they will have no problem with any other team in the Big 12.

As for the rest of the country Michigan and ND are going to be really really good also!!! I say Texas plays ND in the National Championship!!!!!!!!!! HOOK'EM

wildstangs
07-15-2006, 07:53 PM
West Virginia has a ton coming back and no one is talking about them. I guess everyone figures they will choke...I know I do.

Bulldog_12
07-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by sahen
I think Baylor will win 6 or 7 games and finally go back to a bowl :)

you know, with the recent progress in the Bears, I actually tend to agree with you. I think they have a really good shot at making it. Guy Moriss really has this team confident they can compete with people even though the talent levels are so much less than the other teams of the Big XII South.

District303aPastPlayer
07-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
West Virginia has a ton coming back and no one is talking about them. I guess everyone figures they will choke...I know I do.

West Virginia/Louisville vs. Notre Dame...
National Championship

Big East vs Notre Dame... you heard it here first folks :)

JasperDog94
07-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by wedo
I say Texas plays ND in the National Championship!!!!!!!!!! HOOK'EM That would be a great rematch.

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
West Virginia/Louisville...
They both have the schedule to do it. Could happen.

District303aPastPlayer
07-17-2006, 10:21 AM
ttt