PDA

View Full Version : And to think these guys were elected...

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2006, 02:13 PM
"I have opinions of my own -strong opinions- but I don't always agree with them."
--George H.W. Bush, US President

"It's no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or another."
--George Bush, US President
"Boy, they were big on crematoriums, weren't they?"
George Bush, (Comment made on tour of Auschwitz)

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks." George HW Bush—in 1988

"I hope I stand for antibigotry, anti-Semitism, antiracism. This is what drives me." George Bush Sr., in 1988

I have made good judgements in the Past. I have made good judgements in the Future.
Dan Quayle

We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe.
Dan Quayle

Welcome to President Bush, Mrs. Bush, and my fellow astronauts.
Dan Quayle (who wasn't an astronaut)

What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.
Dan Quayle

One word sums up probably the responsibility of any vice president, and that one word is 'to be prepared'.
Dan Quayle, 12/6/89

I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy - but that could change.
Dan Quayle, 5/22/89

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.
Dan Quayle, 9/15/88

We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur.
Dan Quayle, 9/22/90

And to finish it up...

I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.
Dan Quayle, to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/89

Blastoderm55
07-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Funny, and quite scary, but just like the Bushisms I posted a while back, this'll probably get locked and eventually "disappeared." :(

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Funny, and quite scary, but just like the Bushisms I posted a while back, this'll probably get locked and eventually "disappeared." :(

Uh, yeah, this isn't meant to be political guys, so don't make this into a political thread.

It's just so we can laugh and look back at a different era of America

Blastoderm55
07-15-2006, 02:32 PM
No complaint here. Quayle's statements are hilarious! :D

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
No complaint here. Quayle's statements are hilarious! :D

potatoe

Bull Butter
07-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Uh, yeah, this isn't meant to be political guys, so don't make this into a political thread.

It's just so we can laugh and look back at a different era of America

Not a political thread.........yeah, right. Is that why every single quote you listed was made by a Republican?

Blastoderm55
07-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
Not a political thread.........yeah, right. Is that why every single quote you listed was made by a Republican?

CW posted quotes from one president and his vice-president. They happen to be from the GOP. I'm sure he won't mind if you decide to add some quotes made by Dems. Hell, lets make a party of it! :D

Sweetwater Red
07-15-2006, 02:50 PM

Yeah! I think the homie from Portland, Texas is trying to start
sumpthin'. Don't let the "MAN" continue to oppress... :D

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2006, 04:56 PM

You wanna find some crazy quotes made by other politicians? Have at it! I'm non-partisan!

As Blast said, let's have a party! :D

CenTexSports
07-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Hey not everybody can be Ted "Hicup" Kennedy, Barny Frank, or old honest LBJ or even the famous 20% interest rate king Jimmy Carter.

Oh yeah, I forgot the main man: Bill "I didn't have sex with that woman" Clinton.

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Oh yeah, I forgot the main man: Bill "I didn't have sex with that woman" Clinton.

LOL! He never said which woman! :D

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
--- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest

Gp83
07-15-2006, 06:35 PM
I don't elect Republicans for their speeches...I elect them for conservatism and actions.

CalallenWildcat
07-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
I don't elect Republicans for their speeches...I elect them for conservatism and actions.

NO POLITICS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate44
07-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
NO POLITICS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
ROFLMPWBO:D