PDA

View Full Version : Mccoy or Sneed?

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Who do you think will get the starting Qb spot at Texas this year?
And who will do the best at it?

Snydertigersrul
07-15-2006, 12:10 PM
McCoy

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 12:11 PM
well there is a very good chance at that. They are going to have to swicht up some of the offense he isnt like a VY run all over everybody he is a pocket passer.

Im just ready for the 2nd week Ohio State vs Texas. Going to be really interesting.

Sweetwater Red
07-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
well there is a very good chance at that. They are going to have to swicht up some of the offense he isnt like a VY run all over everybody he is a pocket passer.

Im just ready for the 2nd week Ohio State vs Texas. Going to be really interesting.

I hope they hammer OSU.

AggieJohn
07-15-2006, 12:13 PM
let's just say that i think that the winning streak will end with him

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 12:14 PM
I finally agree with the aggie..

wordonthastreet
07-15-2006, 01:18 PM
The word on the street is that McCoy will get the initial starting job, but by midseason, Snead will take the job.

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Most likely after they get crushed by OHIO STATE!:eek:

Snydertigersrul
07-15-2006, 01:24 PM
I can't believe it, Sweetwater Red actually agrees with me on something. McCoy is the Man.

Bulldog_12
07-15-2006, 01:25 PM
I really think this ends up to be a thing like Tennesee. I really think the Horns end up with a "disappointing" season. by disappointing I mean a 3 maybe 4 loss season. They will still go to a bowl and win it, but I think a QB controversy will not help this team.

Snydertigersrul
07-15-2006, 01:31 PM
There is no quarterback controversy, McCoy is the Man.

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 01:41 PM
I didnt mean to double post.

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I really think this ends up to be a thing like Tennesee. I really think the Horns end up with a "disappointing" season. by disappointing I mean a 3 maybe 4 loss season. They will still go to a bowl and win it, but I think a QB controversy will not help this team. I agree with you.

tmac
07-15-2006, 02:08 PM
no osu will not CRUSH UT if u pay close attention all the college experts on espn and etc. say the defense is better and the have a great runnin back combo plus huge limas sweed is a plus @ wr i would be shocked if we lost 2 games ou game will be close and osu but we'll win 1 of them

Old Tiger
07-15-2006, 02:13 PM
KTJ would know....?

Emerson1
07-15-2006, 02:54 PM
I like people thinking Texas will be crappy without Vince Young. They forget about the other 20+ players who saw playing time in the rosebowl and the 14 returning starters.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8715/hookemhorns0152iwyq1.jpg

Running backs am scared:(

Old Tiger
07-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I like people thinking Texas will be crappy without Vince Young. They forget about the other 20+ players who saw playing time in the rosebowl and the 14 returning starters.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8715/hookemhorns0152iwyq1.jpg

Running backs am scared:( I was talking to Montre Webber a couple weeks ago and he was telling me that Kindle is just as good there as he was in high school.

KTA
07-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Sneed

Bulldog_12
07-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Ok, the defense will be good enough to win them a few games, and you cant run the ball EVERY down, so eventually you have to rely on the QB. There were so many times last year aka: tOSU, OSU, and USC when the team HAD to rely on Vince to get the game won. Without Vince, last years team loses three maybe four games. Thats why I think this team will lose 3 or 4 this year.

wedo
07-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Ok, the defense will be good enough to win them a few games, and you cant run the ball EVERY down, so eventually you have to rely on the QB. There were so many times last year aka: tOSU, OSU, and USC when the team HAD to rely on Vince to get the game won. Without Vince, last years team loses three maybe four games. Thats why I think this team will lose 3 or 4 this year.

Your crazy dude!! If the running game is good enough and its working then they won't need to rely on the QB as much as they did last year!! Somebody else will step up!! Limas Sweed, Jamal Charles, BIlly Pittman these guys were all underclassmen last year!! Believe someone will step up and take the leadership role!! And IMO i think that Javon Snead should start at QB even though he is a freshman i think he has more big play capability than McCoy!!!

wedo
07-15-2006, 07:59 PM

I forgot to mention that "DEFENSE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!"

bobcat1
07-15-2006, 08:34 PM
I don't think TU will be very good this year. I mean they lost some to the NFL, none to graduation, and some to jail. :phttp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2560/tthorse5ja.jpg http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9972/sawbevohorns1hy6ut.gif

Bulldog_12
07-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by wedo
Your crazy dude!! If the running game is good enough and its working then they won't need to rely on the QB as much as they did last year!! Somebody else will step up!! Limas Sweed, Jamal Charles, BIlly Pittman these guys were all underclassmen last year!! Believe someone will step up and take the leadership role!! And IMO i think that Javon Snead should start at QB even though he is a freshman i think he has more big play capability than McCoy!!!

Im crazy??? I think you are in a dream world. Their run game is good, but not even the BEST running teams can run EVERY down. People will just load the box and make you pass and when that happens, I dont think that they can lean on these freshmen qb's. Sure defense wins championships, but how are you going to win if you cant score? With the caliber of talent they lost last year, why should I believe that they will be ANYWHERE as good as they were. This is the year that people finally see that it was VINCE not Mack that made this team great. The Mack haters will return soon.

District303aPastPlayer
07-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Jesus, Sergio Kindle is HuGE

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by tmac
no osu will not CRUSH UT if u pay close attention all the college experts on espn and etc. say the defense is better and the have a great runnin back combo plus huge limas sweed is a plus @ wr i would be shocked if we lost 2 games ou game will be close and osu but we'll win 1 of them OOOO College experts im shaking in my shoes.:hairpunk:

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I don't think TU will be very good this year. I mean they lost some to the NFL, none to graduation, and some to jail. :phttp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2560/tthorse5ja.jpg http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/9972/sawbevohorns1hy6ut.gif Yeah, jail thats no lie.

tigerpride_08
07-15-2006, 11:22 PM
i hope snead pulls it off

Cameron Crazy
07-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Im right there with you. And i have nothing against Colt.

injuredinmelee
07-16-2006, 12:54 AM
COlt will begin the seasona s the #1. It is his spot to lose. The defense will be geat this year. There are so many athletes that were just biding their time last season. A team like UT reloads not rebuild. Tech on the other hand will still give up 28 points a game to everyone they play and will lose to some half baked team that they should kill.

bobcat1
07-16-2006, 05:18 AM
Yes Texas Tech gives up 28, but usually scores 50. Hopefully they will get it all together. I guess it is time for the Kid from Ennis to shine like new money!

TU on the other hand will be awesome on defense and give up around 14 a game. That won't bode well when they only score 10 a game. Unless they know a good bondsman..........

injuredinmelee
07-16-2006, 08:12 AM
Yes Texas Tech gives up 28, but usually scores 50. Hopefully they will get it all together. I guess it is time for the Kid from Ennis to shine like new money!

TU on the other hand will be awesome on defense and give up around 14 a game. That won't bode well when they only score 10 a game. Unless they know a good bondsman..........

we have more offensive and defensive talent on the second team than the sand aggies. There is no defense that we will face all year long that will hold us to 10 points. As far as Tech scoring 50 they wont against anyone good, like UT.

bobcat1
07-16-2006, 10:19 AM
There is no defense that we will face all year long that will hold us to 10 points.
I guess maybe that's gospel???? Can you make book on that??? I doubt it on both accounts. Time will tell on TU and Mackie(I'm gonna cry)Brown. You remember when he sat Applewhite to start Simms. That is the day I vowed to not support them until Mackie was gone. That was a travesty!

Cameron Crazy
07-16-2006, 10:23 AM
I hope the Horns win another National Championship but i dont think this year will be the year.

injuredinmelee
07-16-2006, 11:06 AM
I guess maybe that's gospel???? Can you make book on that??? I doubt it on both accounts. Time will tell on TU and Mackie(I'm gonna cry)Brown. You remember when he sat Applewhite to start Simms. That is the day I vowed to not support them until Mackie was gone. That was a travesty!

I am a huge UT fan and was a big Major fan hell even my son is named Major. Simms was a poor decision but he had so many more tools over Chris. Simms should have been a stud and Mack is the one that needed to be held responsible and he should have fired Greg Davis the OC. He should still fire G.D. I think Mack handled the Simms, VY thing superbly, just as he will the Sneed McCoy thing. I know Colt personally and know his family very well, but if he cant get it done then I want the person that can in the game. The beauty of it is that whoever it is will not have to do it alone. Vince made himself look like a one man show last season, but this was simply because he was the best player in college football bar none.

Tech has not proven to anyone yet that they can take care of business week after week. Leach has not proven that he will sacrifice some offense to use better athletes at a defensive position. How long will he be allowed to hope to outscore everyone? That is the game plan every week.

Sweetwater Red
07-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
we have more offensive and defensive talent on the second team than the sand aggies. There is no defense that we will face all year long that will hold us to 10 points. As far as Tech scoring 50 they wont against anyone good, like UT.

Yeah and if they do score 50...they'll give up 60.

injuredinmelee
07-16-2006, 11:09 AM
And I will take almost any bet that no one will hold UT under 10 points all year long. I will go as far as to us the tt symbol as my AVATAR for a month after THE University of Texas is held to under 10 pts in a game.

Cameron Crazy
07-16-2006, 11:53 AM
ooo thats a bet Rick backs those horns!!:clap:

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by tmac
no osu will not CRUSH UT if u pay close attention all the college experts on espn and etc. say the defense is better and the have a great runnin back combo plus huge limas sweed is a plus @ wr i would be shocked if we lost 2 games ou game will be close and osu but we'll win 1 of them
Experts don't play the games.

UT will be good, and has a realistic shot at making a BCS bowl, but they won't go undefeated and won't win the Big XII. This is tOSU and OU's year. 9-2 regular season, and I predict they wind up in the Holiday Bowl where Cal knocks them down to a three-loss season.

And before all the UT fans go ballistic over this, 9-3 is a GREAT season for a team in flux. And yes, when you have a couple of 18- and 19-year olds vying for the top leadership spot on the team, you are considered 'in flux.' See Miami and Florida State last year.

Oh, and Tech fans, if there's ever a season where you need to get your licks in, this is it, because it the Longhorns won't be down for a while after this year.

big daddy russ
07-16-2006, 12:49 PM
A QB will eventually have to win a game or two for you, especially with teams like tOSU and OU on the schedule. And I'm sorry, but the QB has got to be the leader of the team, not a RB or a WR.

I believe that they're more than capable of mowing down the rest of the Big XII, but both of those teams have every bit as much talent as UT AND they have experience under center. Sorry, but I just can't see UT having fewer than two losses this year.

TMer25
07-16-2006, 01:27 PM
I think Snead is the man by the end of the season. I think the Texas offensive line makes the QB change, less of a struggle than most think it will be.

JasperDog94
07-16-2006, 01:59 PM
I guess maybe that's gospel???? Can you make book on that??? I doubt it on both accounts. Time will tell on TU and Mackie(I'm gonna cry)Brown. You remember when he sat Applewhite to start Simms. That is the day I vowed to not support them until Mackie was gone. That was a travesty! My, my, my. Why all the hate? Just can't stand the fact that you were wrong about Mack, can you?:D :D :D :D :D

Emerson1
07-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
I think Snead is the man by the end of the season. I think the Texas offensive line makes the QB change, less of a struggle than most think it will be.
The new qb change won't be anything like OU's. OU has a horrible oline last season, Texas returns 3/5 of the best in the country.

Bomar may have more experience than McCoy or Snead, but it means nothing when he is getting bomar'd 5 times a game.

Old Tiger
07-16-2006, 05:45 PM
I think that after pre-season practices it will be decided and Jevan will be starting

Cameron Crazy
07-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I think that after pre-season practices it will be decided and Jevan will be starting You are right!:clap:

KTA
07-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Colt wasnt even Texas' first choice remember that dude from LA? Then when he fell through they tried to get Chase Daniels, but he told them to basically shove it. So then McCoy just happens to fall in. On the other hand Sneed was almost a gift that fell into macks grasps. Yeah McCoy is good, ill give him that, but if you watched the Orange/White game you could obviously tell Sneed was the more gifted of the two. I think the level of competition each faced in high school will be the difference. How many 4.5 corners did McCoy face in HS? Seems like it was Bobbino who said you had to guard Sneed like you did Vince because he has the ability to run, which I think is going to be a big factor reguarding the starting position. Sneed will take over the job, just like Charles did over Selvin Young after week one.

Cameron Crazy
07-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Amen brotha!:clap:

wedo
07-16-2006, 08:51 PM

Last i heard they dropped the charges!!!!!! And RT will play!! Just what i heard not sure if it is true!!!!! TU?? You must be an aggie!!! TU "Texas" will score more than ten a game and hold opponents to less than ten!!! If they lose a game it will be to OSU not OU!!!

Bulldog_12
07-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Last i heard they dropped the charges!!!!!! And RT will play!! Just what i heard not sure if it is true!!!!! TU?? You must be an aggie!!! TU "Texas" will score more than ten a game and hold opponents to less than ten!!! If they lose a game it will be to OSU not OU!!!

Im not sure thats totally true. Im pretty sure he got caught "ridin dirty"

I saw this somewhere else and thought to myself," Is this the definition of irony?" Listen to the music in this.

Taylor Highlights (http://youtube.com/watch?v=SOXvVKTzKsI&search=Ramonce%20Taylor)

Emerson1
07-16-2006, 09:09 PM
He is on NCAA Football 07, maybe EA has some insider information since they probably got the roster from someone at UT.

Cameron Crazy
07-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Could be

Fal44
07-16-2006, 09:30 PM
I thought the charges were dropped, I read somewhere that he has them dropped but still has to pick up his grades.

Bulldog_12
07-16-2006, 09:32 PM
He is on NCAA Football 07, maybe EA has some insider information since they probably got the roster from someone at UT.

They get the finalize the rosters right after the Draft.

bobcat1
07-16-2006, 09:35 PM
My, my, my. Why all the hate? Just can't stand the fact that you were wrong about Mack, can you?
I hate anyone that would give in to outside pressure and take a senior that is a winner and bench him to play a daddy's boy wannabe QB. Applewhite wasn't the prettiest QB but he won! Mack is a loser and that will be proven this year. I bet he gnawed every finger nail he ever thought about growing when VY was undecided about the NFL. Mack leaves I might root for tu, but not until then. I will always be a Tech Fan. Aunt was secretary to the Dean for years.

Eagle 1
07-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Hey boobcat1 heres a neat avatar to use.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/7789/vitamincqn2.gif

Oh BTW, TU will finish 9-3 this year. Mark that down on your calender.

bobcat1
07-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Remember Burleson? Remember not getting this? http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8812/districtchampball6se.jpg :p

Here's you an Avatar: http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1431/lookin4eagle5hm.gif

Eagle 1
07-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Goldthwaite has made the playoffs 23 times including 4 trips to state.
Goldthwaite (23) 1963,64,65,67,68,70,82,83,85,86,87,89,90,92,93,94, 95,
We have got plenty of those gold footballs. We just felt sorry for Alvord and wanted them to have one before moving up to 2A.

Cameron Crazy
07-16-2006, 10:08 PM
lol thats funny!

bobcat1
07-17-2006, 04:46 AM
We just felt sorry for Alvord and wanted them to have one before moving up to 2A.
Come on Now! Admit it. You wanted that one too. I know someone in your household did!:p

JasperDog94
07-17-2006, 12:48 PM
I hate anyone that would give in to outside pressure and take a senior that is a winner and bench him to play a daddy's boy wannabe QB. Applewhite wasn't the prettiest QB but he won! Mack is a loser and that will be proven this year. I bet he gnawed every finger nail he ever thought about growing when VY was undecided about the NFL. Mack leaves I might root for tu, but not until then. I will always be a Tech Fan. Aunt was secretary to the Dean for years. Yep. He's a loser. Came into a struggling program (to stay in the top 25) and turned them into a national powerhouse that consistantly wins 9-10 games a year with a national championship. Yep. Terrible coach.

Now come back and say that they wouldn't have been anything without VY. I know that's what you'll say. But you give me any national championship team, let me remove one player and I'll show you a team that's not national champions.

Texas won the national title. Not VY. VY was the leader of the team and made some great plays, but VY didn't make the tackle on Lindale White in the 4th quarter of the Rose Bowl, did he?

District303aPastPlayer
07-17-2006, 12:51 PM

read the comments on the video page... and just laugh :)

yoemenkracker30
07-17-2006, 01:07 PM
ok.....first off to post to the SUBJECT:
I do believe McCoy is the smarter of the 2 as far as knowing the system right now only because he redshirted last year and knows the playbook....Snead is the more talented of the 2 by far and will win the job by week 4....if you do recall, Texas has had 3 defensive coordinators in the past 4 years, with this being Chizik's 2nd year and the TX defense not having to learn yet another defense, they will be better than ever...what I mean is that they're gonna be the best D in the big 12, if not top 5 in the nation...they will win plenty games and keep pressure off the offense

on the other topic in this post....MACK BROWN is a better coach than anything a&m or tech could get. sure leach is a good coach, I dont know what the lell fran is doin in cs, but he's not workin right now. Can you remember Mack's last single digit win season? been a while huh? as for a&m and tech? wasn't it just last year?

Bulldog_12
07-17-2006, 01:13 PM
I really think it is so funny how quick people forget the years of "mediocrity" and how people used to be calling for his head. Mack Brown was the most hated man in Austin a few years ago. Its funny how one AMAZING athlete can win you an NC and you become a GOD! lol

JasperDog94
07-17-2006, 01:17 PM
I really think it is so funny how quick people forget the years of "mediocrity" and how people used to be calling for his head. Mack Brown was the most hated man in Austin a few years ago. Its funny how one AMAZING athlete can win you an NC and you become a GOD! lol Not everyone felt that way. I'll admit that I was frustrated, but I'd rather be frustrated with losing 1 or 2 games than to be frustrated to be missing bowl games.

wedo
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yep. He's a loser. Came into a struggling program (to stay in the top 25) and turned them into a national powerhouse that consistantly wins 9-10 games a year with a national championship. Yep. Terrible coach.

Now come back and say that they wouldn't have been anything without VY. I know that's what you'll say. But you give me any national championship team, let me remove one player and I'll show you a team that's not national champions.

Texas won the national title. Not VY. VY was the leader of the team and made some great plays, but VY didn't make the tackle on Lindale White in the 4th quarter of the Rose Bowl, did he?

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!

JasperDog94
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!! Word!

KTJ
07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
I really think it is so funny how quick people forget the years of "mediocrity" and how people used to be calling for his head. Mack Brown was the most hated man in Austin a few years ago. Its funny how one AMAZING athlete can win you an NC and you become a GOD! lol

Mack was never the most hated man in Austin.

Greg Davis was.

wedo
07-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Mack was never the most hated man in Austin.

Greg Davis was.

Yeah i wasn't really impressed with GD either!!!

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 04:51 PM
MB is 3-13 against top 5 teams. Im sure the tea-sippers are proud of that too.:doh:

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
the tea-sippers :rolleyes: Just what we needed...more UT/A&M crap!

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:rolleyes: Just what we needed...more UT/A&M crap!
He probably doesn't even know how the aggys came up with it. He just says it just to say it.

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 04:55 PM
EAGLE 1 = http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7841/texastechscullcrossedswords4hg.png

Now, what about the 3-13 part?

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 04:59 PM
EAGLE 1 = http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7841/texastechscullcrossedswords4hg.png I didn't realize the Red Raiders had resorted to juvenile antics.

It is so annoying to see tu/tea sips/etc...:rolleyes:

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Mack's accomplishments

# 16 consecutive winning seasons
# 14 consecutive bowl game appearances
# Brown's 83-19 record is the highest winning percentage in the history of college football through 102 games.
# Brown has a 10-6 record against Texas' two main rivals, going 3-5 against the Oklahoma Sooners and 7-1 against the Texas A&M Aggies.
# Player awards at Texas under Brown include a Heisman Trophy winner (Ricky Williams), two Maxwell Award winners (Ricky Williams, Vince Young), a Davey O'Brien Award Winner, two Doak Walker Award winners, a Butkus Award winner, a Thorpe Award winner and four national player of the year honors. Texas has also had 23 All-Americans, 37 first-team All-Big 12 selections, two Big 12 Offensive Players of the Year, two Big 12 Conference Defensive Players of the Year and seven Big 12 Freshman of the Year honorees.
# UT has posted back-to-back 11-win seasons, five consecutive 10-win seasons and eight consecutive nine (or more) win campaigns for the first time in school history, though it must be noted that seasons are generally longer than they had been in the past
# The Longhorns have featured the only 3,000-yard passer, the only 2,000-yard rusher, the only 1,000-yard receivers and the only 1,000-yard passer/rusher in UT history.
# Brown is one of only three head coaches in NCAA Division I-A history who has coached players that recorded a 2,000-yard rushing season, a 1,000-yard receiving season and a 3,000-yard passing season. Also, Vince Young stands as the first player in NCAA history to rush for 1,000 yards (1,050) and throw for 2,500 yards (3,036) in a single season.
# Under Brown's tenure, only two players have left the Texas team for the NFL Draft with any eligibility remaining: Kwame Cavil [2], and Vince Young, who was drafted third overall in the 2006 NFL Draft.

wedo
07-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Now put coach fran and a&m stats and records!!! Lets compare!!!

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 05:11 PM
EAGLE 1 = http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7841/texastechscullcrossedswords4hg.png

Now, what about the 3-13 part?
Like I said, you don't even know what it means.

When Texas Tech wins a NC, then talk.

wedo
07-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Like I said, you don't even know what it means.

When Texas Tech wins a NC, then talk.

exactly!! Emerson1 tell him what sup!!!

bobcat1
07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Hey Emmy, kiss ole' spot. and as for
It is so annoying to see tu/tea sips/etc... get ready to be annoyed. I have never seen so many jump on the bandwagon as I have in the last 2 years. At least Aggies are Aggies and Red Raiders are Red Raiders year in and year out. No Vince didn't tackle Lindale White. But you would have never sniffed a bowl game last year without him much less a NC. Vince kept Mack from coming home empty handed the last 2 years. Without him, Mack will be Mack. Do I hear a choking noise all the way from The University labeled best place for a gay man to find a mate. LMAO

Big Papa
07-17-2006, 05:33 PM
what exactly are you laughing about...i didn't see anything too funny

Blastoderm55
07-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey Emmy, kiss ole' spot. and as for get ready to be annoyed. I have never seen so many jump on the bandwagon as I have in the last 2 years. At least Aggies are Aggies and Red Raiders are Red Raiders year in and year out. No Vince didn't tackle Lindale White. But you would have never sniffed a bowl game last year without him much less a NC. Vince kept Mack from coming home empty handed the last 2 years. Without him, Mack will be Mack. Do I hear a choking noise all the way from The University labeled best place for a gay man to find a mate. LMAO

So your dislike of UT now also leads you to bash gays? :rolleyes:

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 05:48 PM
WOW i didnt think this thread would end up like this when i started it.....I just wanted to know which one you favor the most thats it.

big daddy russ
07-17-2006, 05:51 PM
I've already passed up the post and don't feel like finding it again, but someone was talking about Gene Chizik being in Austin for his second straight year. That man is the single best defensive coordinator in the nation. Want proof? These are his defenses over the last four years and their rankings:

YEAR SCHOOL YPG (RANK) PPG (RANK)
2005 UT 302.92 ypg (10th) 16.4 ppg (8th)
2004 AU 277.62 ypg (5) 11.3 ppg (1)
2003 AU 281.62 ypg (5) 16.3 ppg (9)
2002 AU 328.15 ypg (26) 17.8 ppg (13)

Notice how he took Auburn's defense, which was already stout, and turned them into a powerhose in '03. He's the only DC in the nation to be ranked in the top ten in each of these categories for the past three years. Even though they lost some great talent, UT understands his system now. They'll be even better this year.

Emerson1
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
So your dislike of UT now also leads you to bash gays? :rolleyes:
Nice to see him thinking about choking noises and gay people.

Cameron Crazy
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I've already passed up the post and don't feel like finding it again, but someone was talking about Gene Chizik being in Austin for his second straight year. That man is the single best defensive coordinator in the nation. Want proof? These are his defenses over the last four years and their rankings:

Notice how he took Auburn's defense, which was already stout, and turned them into a powerhose in '03. He's the only DC in the nation to be ranked in the top ten in each of these categories for the past three years. Even though they lost some great talent, UT understands his system now. They'll be even better this year. Thats nice thanks for the info BDR!

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 05:52 PM

Notice how he took Auburn's defense, which was already stout, and turned them into a powerhose in '03. He's the only DC in the nation to be ranked in the top ten in each of these categories for the past three years. Even though they lost some great talent, UT understands his system now. They'll be even better this year.
He also has a 28 game win streak going.

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 05:58 PM
He also has a 28 game win streak going. yup

bobcat1
07-17-2006, 06:00 PM
He also has a 28 game win streak going.

Dum De Dum Dum! Ohio State University!

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Ohio State will make a very LONG run this year..IMO

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Heres some more stats to gander over since MB has been at TU.

1. Cedric Benson, Criminal Trespass, Poss Marijuana & Paraphernalia, 2002, 2003
2. Brock Edwards, assault, 2003
3. Matt Nordgren, criminal mischief, 2003
4. Cedric Griffin, Hindering an emergency call, 2003
5. Larry Dibbles, possession marijuana, 2003
6. Aaron Harris, possession marijuana, 2003
7. Edorian Mcullough, possession marijuana, 2003
8. Selvin Young, possession marijuana, 2003
9. Erik Hardeman, too much to list, headed to a Federal "Pound Me" Prison, 2004.
10.07/08/2005 Former University of Texas defensive end Chase Pittman, who transferred to LSU, has been charged with second-degree battery charges after allegedly punching a man in the face at a Baton Rouge bar on Wednesday night.
11. Ramon Taylor arrested for 5 lbs of weed.

Bobcat1, what do you call 11 Longhorns in a huddle?

Answer; A dope deal.:)

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 06:12 PM
What do you call 11 of the best raider alumni in a huddle?

A group of people who have never won a championship!

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Nice to see him thinking about choking noises and gay people.

This is what bobcat1 was talking about.

Steers and .....well nevermind. http://www.hfnzone.com/images/gaybevo.jpg

KTJ
07-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Why do yall insist on turning a thread into this?

What is the point of you posting all of this random stuff that isn't necessary, nor contributes to the thread itself? All it does is make you look bad and decreases your credibility.

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 06:15 PM
I wanted to know that to sorry for it getting out of hand.

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 06:17 PM
This is what bobcat1 was talking about.

http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/students/glgbn/OutSource_Prospective.htm (LINK)

Steers and .....well nevermind. http://www.hfnzone.com/images/gaybevo.jpg

Odd, that website goes to the united states defense website So you are saying Texas has one of the best defenses in college?

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Try it again.....

http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/students/glgbn/OutSource_Prospective.htm

bobcat1
07-17-2006, 06:37 PM
I knew you would still have that. I remember when someone posted that on another board. Sure stirred the natives. What rhymes with Steers?

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I really think it is so funny how quick people forget the years of "mediocrity" and how people used to be calling for his head. Mack Brown was the most hated man in Austin a few years ago. Its funny how one AMAZING athlete can win you an NC and you become a GOD! lol Same way for Pete Carroll before USC...nobody wanted him...hell he wasn't even USC's first choice for the job. So don't pull that weak BS

Cameron Crazy
Is this aimed at me?

wedo
Heres some more stats to gander over since MB has been at TU.

1. Cedric Benson, Criminal Trespass, Poss Marijuana & Paraphernalia, 2002, 2003
2. Brock Edwards, assault, 2003
3. Matt Nordgren, criminal mischief, 2003
4. Cedric Griffin, Hindering an emergency call, 2003
5. Larry Dibbles, possession marijuana, 2003
6. Aaron Harris, possession marijuana, 2003
7. Edorian Mcullough, possession marijuana, 2003
8. Selvin Young, possession marijuana, 2003
9. Erik Hardeman, too much to list, headed to a Federal "Pound Me" Prison, 2004.
10.07/08/2005 Former University of Texas defensive end Chase Pittman, who transferred to LSU, has been charged with second-degree battery charges after allegedly punching a man in the face at a Baton Rouge bar on Wednesday night.
11. Ramon Taylor arrested for 5 lbs of weed.

Name a University that doesn't have players that have made bad choices!!!

Bobcat1, what do you call 11 Longhorns in a huddle?

Answer; A dope deal.:)

wedo
07-17-2006, 06:42 PM
name a university that doesn't have players make bad choices!!!

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Name a university that has made as many as tu...:rolleyes:

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Can this thread be closed please by a admin

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Hey Emmy, kiss ole' spot. and as for get ready to be annoyed. I have never seen so many jump on the bandwagon as I have in the last 2 years. At least Aggies are Aggies and Red Raiders are Red Raiders year in and year out. No Vince didn't tackle Lindale White. But you would have never sniffed a bowl game last year without him much less a NC. Vince kept Mack from coming home empty handed the last 2 years. Without him, Mack will be Mack. Do I hear a choking noise all the way from The University labeled best place for a gay man to find a mate. LMAO How many sell out's did A&M have? Um...Aggies are big bandwagon fans!!! They were all on the bandwagon when Fran came in now they are all on the bandwagon to get him out. Vince is probably one of the greatest collegiate athletes all time. He is ranked in the top 10 for sure. So yall Faggies can be jealous of Texas all you want. At least the NC was here in Texas instead of California or Florida.

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Name a university that has made as many as tu...:rolleyes: Lets see...here is a school that comes to mind; Miami

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Miami....name em.

wedo
07-17-2006, 06:46 PM
Name a university that has made as many as tu...:rolleyes:

do you mean UT???

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 06:47 PM
What about that Jamar Toombs guy

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Yes he means UT!

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Again, I am a Tech fan, but I will humor you.
Thats one, 10 more to go.:cool:

wedo
07-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Yes he means UT!

Thats what i thought!!! Why do those sorry aggies think like that????

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Look at the sig you Ag's and Raiders...#3 all time

nuff said

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Thats what i thought!!! Why do those sorry aggies think like that????
wedo,,,good name for you.

wedo
07-17-2006, 06:51 PM
wedo,,,good name for you.

What you mean??

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Eagle...are you from Fairfield?

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Look at the sig you Ag's and Raiders...#3 all time

nuff said

MOST VICTORIES
Rank School Wins
1 Michigan 813
2 Notre Dame 781
3 Nebraska 764
4 Texas 755

Nice try...

wedo
07-17-2006, 07:00 PM
MOST VICTORIES
Rank School Wins
1 Michigan 813
2 Notre Dame 781
3 Nebraska 764
4 Texas 755

Nice try...

Where did you get that from thats false!!!

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Your numbers are way off...pathetic attempt to try to know what your talking about

VICTORIES
TEAM YEARS WINS LOSSES TIES PCT.
1. Michigan 126 849 280 36 .744
2. Notre Dame 117 811 266 42 .744
3. TEXAS 113 800 310 33 .714
4. Nebraska 116 794 321 40 .707
5. Alabama 111 774 301 44 .711

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Either number is alot better than Tech's Texas Tech' s 474 - 378 record

wedo
07-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Eagle 1 whats up now???? Why so quiet???

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Wonder what crow he's eating taste like?:confused: :nerd:

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 07:19 PM
lol didnt mean this thread to go this way but o well:D

Old Tiger
07-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Well hell dude no one does...but you got stupid jealous Faggies and Pink Raiders that got to jack it and stuff and your like it's just a simple question.

wedo
07-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Well hell dude no one does...but you got stupid jealous Faggies and Pink Raiders that got to jack it and stuff and your like it's just a simple question.

Exactly!!!

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 07:32 PM
I should have started a poll instead.

Bulldog_12
07-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Good lord this thing exploded. lol I swear it was only about two hours ago and this thing grew about 3 and a half pages.

And tiger, its not Weak BS if it is true. It cant POSSIBLY be BS if it is true. All Im saying is that before Jan 4 of 2006, people did NOT like Mack Brown. Now he is a God in Austin and I find it humorous.

bobcat1
07-17-2006, 09:20 PM
He will show his true ignorance this year. You could see it trying to surface in the Rose Bowl, but Vince kept it surpressed with his mobility. Anyway, you can't explain it to people wearing rose colored glasses, but after 3-4 losses next year, guess where the blame will fall. I'm Done now tea-sippers. Guns Up!

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 09:26 PM
He will show his true ignorance this year. You could see it trying to surface in the Rose Bowl, but Vince kept it surpressed with his mobility. Anyway, you can't explain it to people wearing rose colored glasses, but after 3-4 losses next year, guess where the blame will fall. I'm Done now tea-sippers. Guns Up!
We ARE wearing rose colored glasses, because Texas won the rosebowl this year.

Learn what the term tea-sip even means then talk. Don't say it because a&m has a winning record against TT and you want to try and be cool.

KTJ
07-17-2006, 09:32 PM
All Im saying is that before Jan 4 of 2006, people did NOT like Mack Brown.

Once again, that is not true.

It's Greg Davis that people didn't like, and to some point, they still don't.

Bulldog_12
07-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Once again, that is not true.

It's Greg Davis that people didn't like, and to some point, they still don't.

I understand they didnt like GD, but the sites werent FireGregDavis.com or anything like that, they were all FireMackBrown.com's.

KTJ
07-17-2006, 09:44 PM
I understand they didnt like GD, but the sites werent FireGregDavis.com or anything like that, they were all FireMackBrown.com's.

I never came across a fire mack brown website. I came across several for Greg Davis.

From the outside, I can see how it looked as if we hated Mack because the media spun it that way.

But realistically, no one hated Mack. He brought too much to this program. It was Greg Davis that was getting the haterade.

pirate4state
07-17-2006, 10:11 PM
All Im saying is that before Jan 4 of 2006, people did NOT like Mack Brown. Now he is a God in Austin and I find it humorous. Will I didn't like him then & I still don't like him, but I hear what you are saying!! ;) :) And it has nothing to do with him as a coach...

big daddy russ
07-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I never came across a fire mack brown website. I came across several for Greg Davis.

From the outside, I can see how it looked as if we hated Mack because the media spun it that way.

But realistically, no one hated Mack. He brought too much to this program. It was Greg Davis that was getting the haterade.
You know, I hate (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24952&highlight=MACK+BROWN) to bring up a dead thread, but it's just so much fun (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20602&highlight=MACK+BROWN).

I love to sit back and watch this stuff. It's good football conversation in the middle of a dead period. :D

Bulldog_12
07-17-2006, 10:46 PM
You know, I hate (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24952&highlight=MACK+BROWN) to bring up a dead thread, but it's just so much fun (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20602&highlight=MACK+BROWN).

I love to sit back and watch this stuff. It's good football conversation in the middle of a dead period. :D

lol:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Always has the stats. BDR: Most Informative Poster.

Eagle 1
07-17-2006, 11:01 PM
We ARE wearing rose colored glasses, because Texas won the rosebowl this year.

Learn what the term tea-sip even means then talk. Don't say it because a&m has a winning record against TT and you want to try and be cool.

I always referred to t-sippers as wearing orange colored glasses. :nerd:
Besides everybody uses the term t-sippers, not just the ags anymore. Crawl out from under that rock. Who cares where it originated.

Now chill t-sipper....

http://www.texnews.com/postcard/categories/Misc/whatevergetsu.jpg

Emerson1
07-17-2006, 11:19 PM
I always referred to t-sippers as wearing orange colored glasses. :nerd:
Besides everybody uses the term t-sippers, not just the ags anymore. Crawl out from under that rock. Who cares where it originated.

Now chill t-sipper....

http://www.texnews.com/postcard/categories/Misc/whatevergetsu.jpg
No, I go to plenty of college boards and the only people that use it are aggys.

and it does matter where it originated. How do you even know it's an insult and not a praise of the most succesful athletics program in the big12?

KTA
07-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Ohio State will make a very LONG run this year

I honestly dont think they will get by Texas. They had a awsome defense last year, but lost 8 starters. Its going to come down to Ohio States offense, verses Texas' defense. Both will be strong, but I think Texas' D is stronger. Ohio State lost Holmes (the only person who REALLY hurt Texas last year) but return Ginn, and there QB. If yall remember from last year it was Texas' defense that kept them in the game because of all the fumbles/ints in there own territory. Texas has 8 returning on defense (remember they rotated like 23 different guys last year so they all have lots of experience). Now Texas did lose Vince, but in all honesty look at the pic, Texas' offense minus VY vs Ohio State's D minus 8 starters (two first rd lbs and a 1st rd corner), I give Texas the edge.....pluse the game is in Austin. You can gripe and B*t(h all you want, but those are the facts.

Cameron Crazy
07-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Emerson1 is going to win the argument belive me so for your safety quit arguing.

KTJ
07-17-2006, 11:55 PM

I said I never came across one. I didn't say they never existed.

Crazy War Eagle.

big daddy russ
07-18-2006, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I said I never came across one. I didn't say they never existed.

Crazy War Eagle.
:D

I'm just enjoying the show. This is fun.

bobcat1
07-18-2006, 05:18 AM
I had a blast stirring up the natives, Dang they are a defensive little bunch aren't they. Chill T-sips, untie those pink panties!:p

Eagle 1
07-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Emerson1 is going to win the argument belive me so for your safety quit arguing.

He doesnt know me very well, does he bobcat1?:D

3 entries found for arrogant.
ar·ro·gant ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-gnt)
adj.

1. Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
2. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others: an arrogant contempt for the weak
3. T-sipper

Anymore questions?

wedo
07-18-2006, 09:10 AM
Whatever!!!!!

AggieJohn
07-18-2006, 09:18 AM
He doesnt know me very well, does he bobcat1?:D

3 entries found for arrogant.
ar·ro·gant ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-gnt)
adj.

1. Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.
2. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others: an arrogant contempt for the weak
3. T-sipper

Anymore questions? touche

bobcat1
07-18-2006, 10:18 AM
He doesnt know me very well, does he bobcat1?
Not at all, but Master say young, impressionable, cedar hacker Grasshopper(Cameron) too will learn as will (Answer)EMPTY1.

Big Papa
07-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Anymore questions? \
actually yeah..umm what dictionary did that come from cause i am having a hard time finding it

JasperDog94
07-18-2006, 01:25 PM
This is going to be a long college season. I'm sure the mods will have to put a ban on this Texas bashing at some point because it just gets old.:rolleyes:

pirate4state
07-18-2006, 01:27 PM
This is going to be a long college season. I'm sure the mods will have to put a ban on this Texas bashing at some point because it just gets old.:rolleyes: I'm sure the ban will encompass all college football. :(

JasperDog94
07-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm sure the ban will encompass all college football. :( Last year it was just the bashing that took place between UT & A&M. Now it looks like it's spread to the Techies. (AKA - Aggie wannabes)

bobcat1
07-18-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry I wasn't informed you had to be a Tea-Sipper to be allowed to voice your opinion on this board. Anyone that doesn't like what I write on here needs to just skip my post. Kinda like TV. If you don't like the show that's on, press the remote button that changes channels. And furthermore anyone that ain't down with that can kiss ole spot! :foul:

LH Panther Mom
07-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Now it looks like it's spread to the Techies. (AKA - Aggie wannabes)
HEY!!!!!!!!!! I never had ANY desire to be an Aggie. :p

bobcat1
07-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Me either LHPMom. Where were those exclusive rules for all posters requiring allegiance to TU? :thinking:

Bulldog_12
07-18-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm sorry I wasn't informed you had to be a Tea-Sipper to be allowed to voice your opinion on this board. Anyone that doesn't like what I write on here needs to just skip my post. Kinda like TV. If you don't like the show that's on, press the remote button that changes channels. And furthermore anyone that ain't down with that can kiss ole spot! :foul:

Losing battle, I would drop it. Every year the talk between A&M and Texas gets banned. Its the norm. It can get downright nasty. This is nothing compared to some of the things that have been written.

wedo
07-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Me either LHPMom. Where were those exclusive rules for all posters requiring allegiance to TU? :thinking:

I think you mean UT!!!

JasperDog94
07-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Losing battle, I would drop it. Every year the talk between A&M and Texas gets banned. Its the norm. It can get downright nasty. This is nothing compared to some of the things that have been written. You're right about that. Some people just can't keep it civil.:(

bobcat1
07-18-2006, 09:00 PM
I didn't stutter did I Wedo? .TU

Eagle 1
07-18-2006, 09:34 PM
McCoy, until he gets another concussion. Then Snead takes over.
9-3 season.

Eagle 1
07-18-2006, 09:40 PM
Incidently, I am not an aggie fan, and I dont have anything against the aggies.
IMO, McGee will be the best qb in the Big 12.
I have a brother-in-law that is from Burnet who has been telling me about him from when he was in High School.
Watching him play texas last year confirmed it.
I only wished he was playing for Tech.

Emerson1
07-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Incidently, I am not an aggie fan, and I dont have anything agaist the aggies.
IMO, McGee will be the best qb in the Big 12.
I have a brother-in-law that is from Burnet who has been telling me about him from when he was in High School.
Watching him play texas last year confirmed it.
I only wished he was playing for Tech.
He will be, until a&m gives up 1 or 2 games to in the nonconference and fran has already had him run it 120 times on the option.

Old Tiger
07-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Chase Daniels will probably be the top QB in the big 12...

Texas will win the big 12 if they beat OU

KTJ
07-18-2006, 09:47 PM
McCoy, until he gets another concussion. Then Snead takes over.
9-3 season.

Sorry to burst your bubble. But we will go 6-6 this year.

We are in trouble.

Eagle 1
07-18-2006, 09:52 PM
He will be, until a&m gives up 1 or 2 games to in the nonconference and fran has already had him run it 120 times on the option.

Which would be about half the number of runs the running back from tu had,.....VY...yea thats him.

Emerson1
07-18-2006, 09:58 PM
Not really. If mcgee has 120 rushes through 4 games, that is 30 rushes per game. So that would be around around 330 carries though 11 games.

Young only had 155 the entire year

Almost double, not half, and VY rarely ever got hit or tackles. He was either able to get out of bound or he scored. McGee either fumbles or gets laid out then is so dilarious he waves his hands in the air.

Eagle 1
07-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Not really. If mcgee has 120 rushes through 4 games, that is 30 rushes per game. So that would be around around 330 carries though 11 games.

Young only had 155 the entire year

Almost double, not half, and VY rarely ever got hit or tackles. He was either able to get out of bound or he scored. McGee either fumbles or gets laid out then is so dilarious he waves his hands in the air.

Which VY were you watching? They may be what the stats say, but you know better. He ran the ball about half the times he was suppose to pass it, and the stats wont show that.

Case in point.

http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/845/vy5cb.jpg

Eagle 1
07-18-2006, 10:03 PM
VY also had a great offensive line to help him run the ball as compared to McGee.
Deny that.

Crimestick
07-18-2006, 10:25 PM
There was a 7 on 7 event today at UT, and WO-S's Kenneth Beasley took one back on Colt McCoy for 90 yards. Woohoo!

Emerson1
07-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Are you that big of an idiot? What do the stats not show?

A run attempt would be anytime he either got sacked or ran with the ball. So if he was supposed to pass, but ran it it still counts as run.

So that 155 includes designed runs, sacks and undesigned runs.

So it's not like he had 155 designed runs then 400 scrambles.