PDA

View Full Version : Burnet @ Liberty Hill, Nov 8th

Old Dog
11-02-2002, 12:49 AM
Man what a match-up. Liberty Hill soundly whipped Llano to go 9-0 while Burnet beat Ingram to go 9-0. This should be a great game for the District Championship. Both teams looking GOOD!

<small>[ November 01, 2002, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-02-2002, 01:03 AM
old dog what is this i hear? the burnet school calling liberty hill asking to move the game to burnet. not a chance! if it the seating you all are worried about sit on each others lap.

Old Dog
11-02-2002, 01:17 AM
purple thunder, I haven't heard that one..... Someone would have to be nuts to think LH would give up that game! It's LH's turn for home field, and that's the way it should stay! IF some dog fan thought otherwise they must have gotten into the beer cooler a little too early.

spaniard
11-02-2002, 01:21 AM
yeah, uh, old dog, i have to agree with you on that one. if lh gave up this game to go to burnet they would be forever looked down upon in the eyes of the community. hehe, i dont know if it would be that bad, but wherever you heard that rumor, thats nuts. ive heard about it getting moved to leander, but thats it.

LH_PANTHER
11-02-2002, 09:12 AM
The game will not be moved. I know that Burnet has asked Liberty Hill to provide some more bleachers and we are trying to do so. I recomend that Burnet put the band on the track and that will open up more seating. I think it is time for Liberty Hill to get more seating. Get there early and bring lawn chairs you might not have a seat to sit in. At least you are not playing in Bandera for this game, their visitor side is horrible. May the best team win and everybody enjoy this huge game. It will be the biggest game in Liberty Hill's history.

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-02-2002, 09:30 AM
old dog and company i am glad to see that you guys know what is right. no moving of this game will happen. if you can please find out who called and set them straight. thank you. L.H. 21- B.H.14

29x281
11-02-2002, 10:50 AM
Why not move it to Leander?

LH would stand to make more in gate receipts, and it would be more accomodating to both groups of fans.

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 12:28 PM
I'm all for the moving of the game to Leander. You can say LH will lose home field advantage. But if you think about it, the amount of Burnet fans that are expected to come for the game negate that advantage.

If the stadium is not accomodating to the size of crowd expected and it is not a burden on either team to travel to Leander why not do it? I understand the sentimental prospect of playing at your home stadium but if the roles were reversed I would be saying the same thing about Burnet. It's all about making this the best game possible for the fans to watch a great District Championship.

I don't realistically expect this game to be moved unless there is a legitimate push by the LH school officials. Hopefully it's posted sooner than later on the decision.

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: BurnetBulldog ]</small>

Old Dog
11-02-2002, 12:38 PM
Where on earth is this moving talk originating? LH officals would get lynched if they move that game! LH has the home field advantage and they would be crazy to yield it. I've eaten crow before, but that move would stun me.

29x281
11-02-2002, 02:10 PM
There's alot of people that want to see this game. Why not move it to a place where that can happen?

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 02:14 PM
Most of this is speculation, hearsay, and rumor... It's doubtful this will really move as has been mentioned before LH officials would probably get lynched by the parents, fans and kids if they choose to move the game out of Panther stadium. It was mentioned that LH could benefit from the bigger stadium and higher ticket sales however I'm willing to bet Leander would want a piece of that ticket sale for the use of their stadium. There are alot of things that would hinder this game from being moved so that's why it's not a realistic idea.

Just a would be nice thought to an actual it's going to happen thought....

Chris Hart
11-02-2002, 02:17 PM
I heard on the radio last night, that both super-intendents were in favor of moving the game to Leander. The gate would be HUGE, and it would offer the Austin area a chance to see 2 great 3A teams battle it out for the district title. The outcome of this game, will not change the playoff order for these two teams. It is definately being discussed, but I would think that the final say would be that of Liberty Hill's Coach Vance. Surely the superintendent would allow him the option of moving or staying in Liberty Hill. If I was a coach/player from Liberty Hill, I would not want the game moved. But who knows, money talks, and all the rest walks.

What a game it will be, Burnet 9-0 vs. Liberty Hill 9-0 for the District Championship. The script could not have been written any better.

GO BULLDAWGS!!!

spaniard
11-02-2002, 02:40 PM
well, now we have an idea of where this stuff is coming from. i would hate for lh to lose home field rights bc of money. tough call for both superintendents.

burnet 42
liberty hill 28

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 05:18 PM
Chris~

If you hear more about this please post as soon as it becomes available. There are many interested in this if it is truly being moved.

Harry_MAN
11-02-2002, 05:18 PM
This will be a high scoring game so id say,
LH-37 BH-35

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 05:19 PM
I think you added about 14 too many pts to LH ;-)

Chris Hart
11-02-2002, 05:44 PM
BurnetBulldog,

If I hear anything new, I will post it for everyone. I left the game at halftime last night (wife and kids were whining about being cold), and listened to the 2nd half on the radio. That is when I heard about the superintendents both being in favor of the move to Leander. I don't have any inside sources, but as soon as I hear the decision, I will definately post it ASAP.

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 05:53 PM
Thanks CH.

Just out of curiousity Chris, did you grad in '93?

Puppetmaster101
11-02-2002, 06:02 PM
LOL why dont yall just call this stadium debate instead of Burnet vs LH.

Pudlugger
11-02-2002, 06:03 PM
Burnet 42 Liberty Hill 14

Harry_MAN
11-02-2002, 06:04 PM
They won't move the game. The coaches of LH wont allow it. There getting as many extra bleachers as possible for friday.They want the home feild advanege, but good luck on Friday!

Go Panthers!!!

Chris Hart
11-02-2002, 06:15 PM
BurnetBulldog, check your pm's.

MARLINFAN
11-02-2002, 07:15 PM
marlin vs burnet could it be a rematch.

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: MARLINFAN ]</small>

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 07:27 PM
That would make for a good match up but it's way too early to speculate on this. I think Marlin will have a tougher road to get to that matchup IMHO.

Matthew328
11-02-2002, 08:15 PM
Marlin and Burnet won't have a rematch..Burnet is going D1 and Marlin will be D2....as for the game moving if I was LH I wouldn't move it..I would try to be accomidating and bring in some xtra bleachers for the game etc.....as for the game...I think LH keeps it close for a half but Burnet pulls away late..Burnet 44 Liberty Hill 21

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 01:02 AM
That's good. Our road to state will be hard enough without playing Marlin again.

spaniard
11-03-2002, 01:15 AM
i think that we should bring some of our bleachers too. we have a lot of extra bleachers here we could bring if needed.

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 10:29 AM
good thought...if the game won't be moved to a bigger stadium and the crowd is coming from Burnet...BHS officials need to help in the seating.

espn1
11-03-2002, 10:57 AM
It's guaranteed if they don't move the Game, that Burnet will bring more bleachers. Have heard from reliable source. I'll be there at noon.

LH_PANTHER
11-03-2002, 11:01 AM
That's good to hear. I still don't think the game will be moved. I do however want everybody who can to see it. Good luck to both teams.

GOFOR2
11-03-2002, 11:57 AM
Stick with the preseason-agreed-to schedule. If Burnet has a problem with that it is too bad. Grow up and do like any educated fan would do in a situation like this.....get there early. Changing the site is ludicrous.

LH_PANTHER
11-03-2002, 12:20 PM
I think we should keep it at Liberty Hill. We have been waiting a long time for a big game like this. We will also have a problem seating all of our fans. We have had a problem with every home game we have had for the last two years. It is time for the school board to release some more money and expand the seating capacity.

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 01:04 PM
gofor2...just like an educated fan would suggest the moving of the District Championship game to a stadium which would be more accomodating for seating makes sense. It's not ludicrous to suggest. Burnet has had a seating problem for yrs and even with the addition 1,000 seats it still needs more. So it has nothing to do with LH but more of the attention that seating is going to be that much more of an issue. It's not going to be up to any of us who would like to see more seating and/or the moving of the game to Leander. Again, these are suggestions not jabs at LH or their stadium. Burnet continues to have the same issue as any other school in the area. Unfortunately we don't have the money to build a 6.6 million dollar sports stadium with jumbotron (Westlake)

Pudlugger
11-03-2002, 01:14 PM
Bring lawn chairs. :D

CentralTxFan
11-03-2002, 01:21 PM
BurnetBulldog:
good thought...if the game won't be moved to a bigger stadium and the crowd is coming from Burnet...BHS officials need to help in the seating.Sorry but I totally disagree with this! If the home team is receiving the gate receipts for the game, which is the advantage of having the game at home, then the HOME team should provide seating. Why should Burnet supply seating? To be neighborly? Won't it cost Burnet to move seating to LH or to rent seating? Burnet does this and then LH receives the revenue from it as well? Sorry, but wrong!!! LH knows this game is going to draw a huge crowd. They need to plan for it, and plan quickly. I would hope Burnet would do the same if/when the role is reversed. I might be off base though on the gate receipts but if Burnet has no financial gain from this particular game then, in my opinion, LH needs to fix this situation if at all possible. To me THAT would be the neighborly thing to do!

And, one more thing...what would be so terribly wrong playing this game on a neutral field? LH would still be considered the home team. If played in Leander or wherever there would be adequate parking and seating for EVERYONE...LH and Burnet fans alike.

GOFOR2
11-03-2002, 03:39 PM
Burnet Bulldog you obviously are of lesser intelligence, because anyone who is not out of their skull would know that any move to another venue would mean that Liberty Hill would lose any kind of advantage it is going to have by playing at home. Furthermore is the question of gate money. The teams involved would have to pay a fee for using another field. Quit your crying and get ready to travel to Liberty Hill because they ain't moving the game just so Burnet fans can sit comfortably. You apparently have not been to many playoff games, because that is what playoff fans do anyway, in order to get a quality seat.

espn1
11-03-2002, 03:49 PM
<small>[ November 03, 2002, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

Harry_MAN
11-03-2002, 04:19 PM
Liberty Hills rushing d will pretty much stop patrick Miller.they will be working on their passing d and getting back farther on the recievers.

espn1
11-03-2002, 05:03 PM
Changing venues of the ball game would not effect Liberty Hills home field advantage. Because whether it's in LH or Leander Burnet will be packing the field. You will soon see that Burnet has a large following. It's quite possible that LH locals won't have a place to sit. This will definitely be a Bulldog satellite stadium. We will soon secure the area.

espn1
11-03-2002, 05:20 PM
Key on Miller, Double team Shipley. Drop back on your coverage. This will open up the middle for Templeton & Levin. Oh! don't forget the option and screens. When you do adjust for it . Bye bye Shipley. LH Make sure you work on your punting game. Because when you angle the ball to keep it away from our returners, you'll end up netting about 20 yds. on your punts.

Puppetmaster101
11-03-2002, 06:37 PM
OK if you think that your secondary just needs to concetrate on Shipley then go ahead. Shipley isn't the only recieving power of Burnet he might be a strong arm but he isn't the one you need to watch out for. But hey I may be wrong and your 4.8 secondary might be a lot better than I think. But if you concetrate on just Shipley than thats gonna leave room open for Zach Glaiser and Shane Love to score multiple touchdowns on yall because everbody on our team can catch pretty good and then where will yall's game plan be. :D

Puppetmaster101
11-03-2002, 06:39 PM
BOOOO YEAAAAAA :p

Puppetmaster101
11-03-2002, 06:47 PM
And what is wrong with you people "your D is going to stop Miller" a shrink would be helpful right now to bring you all out of denial, you all aren't even a weight room team you can't over power us so what does that leave yall with not speed so the only thing that is going for yall is willpower and Burnet has enough of that already. :rolleyes:

spaniard
11-03-2002, 06:53 PM
ok, heres what i think and mostly what i know. against miller, one armed tackles: useless/ineffective, one man tackles: impossible (unless a 300 pounder falls on him and i dont think lh has any of those), two man tackles: a possibility if you both can wrap up and stay on for the ride. comparo: miller=brahma bull :D hehe, maybe not that big, but close enough for me.

Specklebelly
11-03-2002, 07:01 PM
If Burnet fans want a seat, get there early. Ive watched many games from Columbus' crackerjack bleachers on the visitor side. Thats part of having a home field advangage. If the stands fill up, stand along the fence. That's just part of watching a big game at a small stadium. Liberty Hill officials would be making a huge mistake by letting this game get moved from their field.

BTW, who is going to be the 3rd playoff team from District 25? Bandera?

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 07:18 PM
GOFOR2:
Burnet Bulldog you obviously are of lesser intelligence, because anyone who is not out of their skull would know that any move to another venue would mean that Liberty Hill would lose any kind of advantage it is going to have by playing at home. Furthermore is the question of gate money. The teams involved would have to pay a fee for using another field. Quit your crying and get ready to travel to Liberty Hill because they ain't moving the game just so Burnet fans can sit comfortably. You apparently have not been to many playoff games, because that is what playoff fans do anyway, in order to get a quality seat.Let me know when you're trying to insult me. Since I'm of lesser intelligence I don't pick up on these things that quick.

It's safe to assume having an intelligent debate with you is out. As you clearly think I'm crying when all that is being SUGGESTED are solutions to an inevitable seating dilema when Burnet plays Liberty Hill. Everyone will make adjustments regardless if the game is moved, additional bleachers are brought in, or nothing is done to accomodate the large crowd.

But thanks for the comments...

MKA
11-03-2002, 09:51 PM
espn1:
Changing venues of the ball game would not effect Liberty Hills home field advantage. Because whether it's in LH or Leander Burnet will be packing the field. You will soon see that Burnet has a large following. It's quite possible that LH locals won't have a place to sit. This will definitely be a Bulldog satellite stadium. We will soon secure the area.For one Yes it would affect the home field advantage because LH does not have artificial turf at home. And as far as the locals taking our seats, I DONT THINK SO!!! If they want to try that then we will just have a little Pre Game A$$ Kicking. I really can't speak for everyone but I can speak for Mr E and myself. We will give our seats up when Hell freezes over!!!
Go Panthers

MKA
11-03-2002, 09:57 PM
The GAME OFFICIALY WILL NOT BE MOVED. SORRY :confused:

BurnetBulldog
11-03-2002, 10:04 PM
Aside from someone actually sitting in your lap saying you're going to kick some a$$ is just plain stupid. If there are open seats and seating is an issue then any available seat that is not reserved is up for grabs. First ones to get there has dibs on the seat IMHO.

This is HS football and the battle is on the field not the stands.

ladydawg03
11-03-2002, 11:56 PM
Just a suggestion.. but it would be extremely nice just to have extra bleachers on the visitors side for our band. Burnet band is one of the largest I've seen. They could easily take up a third to half of the vistor's side bleachers. We've ended up doing that for our drill team and it has helped tremendously b/c it has added a whole section for general admission tickets. If there are not enough seats on visitor side, you will see me in my green over on the home side. Its complete stupid for people to stand along a fence b/c of lack of seating, when there is left over seats on the other side.

Chris Hart
11-04-2002, 01:07 AM
If I was a betting man, I would say both the home and visitor sections will be full. I would also imagine that it will be 3-4 people deep all around the fencing. I would estimate a turnout somewhere in between 8,000-10,000 people. If it is official that the game is going to remain in Liberty Hill, I believe some folks that can't get to the game early, will stay at home and be tuned in on the radio. It will still be a HUGE crowd, with a great atmosphere. Liberty Hill is only 23 miles from Burnet, and Leander's stadium is about 35 miles. I for one hope the game is in Liberty Hill.I would love for everyone to be comfortably seated, but that's not going to happen, but Liberty Hill deserves to play the game in their home stadium. That is what regular season district games are all about. It will be a classic battle, at any location. Go Bulldogs!!!

BURNETBULLDOG66
11-04-2002, 08:07 PM
I think it would be great for Burnet to beat Liberty Hill in Liberty Hill!! What would be more better? Last year we stomped Liberty Hill and I had the best seat in the house..I was on the d-line!! Burnet didnt lose many seniors and one of the reasons LH is doing so good is b/c Wimberely lost their whole team..I do give it to them for beating a good team in Bandera. But they are not the better team by far. It is gonna be another easy game for Burnet 42 Liberty Hill 7!!