PDA

View Full Version : Changes and mom "stuff"

LH Panther Mom
07-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Four years ago, I had never imagined a football message board.
Today, well....let's just say I've been around. ;)

Four years ago, I left early in the morning to take my oldest son to R. C. Slocum O/D line camp.
Today, I left early in the morning to take my middle son to Dennis Franchione O/D line camp.

Four years ago, the A&M practice fields were abuzz with 7 on 7 state championship tourney.
Today, there were campers on the practice fields and 7 on 7 had been moved to the intramural fields way the heck down the road.

Four years ago, it was hotter than heck and I was sweating like a dog.
Today.....okay bad example. :doh:

You always hear "the more things change, the more they stay the same". Different child, years later, and I still had the same "mom" feelings and concerns on the drive down. And after we got there, and I watched him go through the initial tests (vertical & bench), I realized he was going to be able to hold his own, even with those kids older and bigger. :cool:

LH Panther Mom
07-14-2006, 09:55 PM
CHS_CG, fb_gurl, BDR and CHS_Grad_85.....it was great to see ya'll! :) Sorry that Hornet Mom couldn't make it.

44INAROW
07-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Like the old saying "The more things change, the more they stay the same" :)

big daddy russ
07-15-2006, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
CHS_CG, fb_gurl, BDR and CHS_Grad_85.....it was great to see ya'll! :) Sorry that Hornet Mom couldn't make it.
You too. Sorry I was worthless this morning. It's been two months of three classes a day every day and I'm already burned out. I've been getting four hours of sleep a night (a lot of it has to do with this website) and I was pretty tired this morning. Nonetheless, we'll have to do it again.