PDA

View Full Version : Great job, Panthers

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Guys, you should all be extremely proud of yourselves. You never gave up - all season long. You played hard and as a team every play of every game. I was proud to be a part of your experience.

Seniors, you won't be back out there next year, but just as last year's seniors left a part of themselves with you out there this year, hopefully you will leave a part of yourselves for the ones continuing the Panther name. You honored last year's seniors and the players next year will honor you.

Congratulations to the Panthers on a fantastic season.

Chris Hart
11-29-2003, 09:36 PM
Sorry about the loss LH Panther Mom, but congrats to yall on a fine season, from Burnet.

Old Dog
11-29-2003, 09:36 PM
The Panthers represented 25AAA very well. I suspect you will be more to deal with in 2004. Congrats LH!

BurnetBandRules
11-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Man, what a great game! I was there! I actually got to SIT and watch a game for the first time of my highschool life! LOL Well, that was a hard fought game and I bet that if LH hadn't fumbled I would have forseen a closer game but you know what, I guess that it was meant to be! GREAT SEASON! Awesome in fact. Burnet was and IS rooting for ya!

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks to both of you. Thanks, also to the Burnet fans that were at the game today. Sorry I didn't get to say thanks to more of you, but it really does mean a lot to have your support.

bulldogmom2
11-29-2003, 10:12 PM
CONGRADULATIONS LIBERTY HILL....
Sorry to read about your lose today. Liberty Hill should be very proud of all their players for making it so far. To bad that we couldn't of made the Hill Country all State Champs.
We're proud to call you our neighbors...

06dawg
11-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Great job LH!!! Yall are an awesome team and im already excited about playing yall next year. Good job on yalls football season!!!

lotus67
11-29-2003, 11:09 PM
Good job Panthers,good season and fine represenatives of 25AAA.Congradulationson a good strong run and a fine season.

lotus67
11-29-2003, 11:10 PM
Good job Panthers,good season and fine represenatives of 25AAA.Congradulations on a good strong run and a fine season.

PAINTBALL
11-29-2003, 11:26 PM
Good job Liberty Hill. You will be a tough team to beat next year. The extra practice and experience that you obtained by going three deep in the playoffs will benefit a young team like yours more then you may now realize. This years sophs will play like seniors and you juniors will play like returning seniors. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing. Good job.

20dawgz05
11-29-2003, 11:36 PM
what was the final score???

LHMom
11-30-2003, 12:52 AM
The final was 35-27.

We love you, Panthers.

This year it's personal.

Tarpon2004
11-30-2003, 01:10 AM
Congrats to the Panthers on a great season...yall fought till the very end....Good luck next year...Peace!

Tarpon2004
11-30-2003, 01:11 AM
nm..

<small>[ November 30, 2003, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Tarpon2004 ]</small>

Kool Tarpon 21
11-30-2003, 01:53 AM
Great game Panthers. I think it was a close game and you had us worried there. You all did a great job. I like the way you all showed class. Great game.

poncho
11-30-2003, 08:22 AM
CHEERS!!!!!!! To the young men from Liberty HILL!! You represented yourselves,the region and the district well. The PANTHERS are making a name for themselves in D2. :cool: :D :D :D :D

bd0707
11-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Great job, great season Panthers, Ya'll are really building a program that produces results over there in LH. Good luck next year! LHPanther, I'll be looking for you at the 8th grade games next year, this all happens so fast.

espn1
11-30-2003, 10:58 AM
GOOD LUCK PANTHERS! I know you will be back.

espn1
11-30-2003, 11:00 AM
GOOD LUCK PANTHERS! I know you will be back.

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2003, 11:03 AM
bd0707:
Great job, great season Panthers, Ya'll are really building a program that produces results over there in LH. Good luck next year! LHPanther, I'll be looking for you at the 8th grade games next year, this all happens so fast.Oh, I'll be around for 7th b-ball & track until then.

toby070
11-30-2003, 11:32 AM
LH Panther Mom, Coach Vance has my vote as coach of the year. I knew last year's team would be good. It was obvious from watching them against Wimberley as sophs that they were a pretty special group. Of course one of the best of that group, Wasson, left with dad, but still, that was a great group. To be honest though, I really expected Vance to leave for greener pastures after last year, as Dan Burk did when the Slaughter/Meeks crew graduated from Wimberley. Instead, he took a group that was pretty wiped out by graduation and had another fantastic year. I guess you guys aren't just a basketball school anymore...I really expected this to be a down year for your guys.

Do not let that guy get away!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks, Toby. Honestly, the loss of Wasson at first seemed like a huge loss for the team, but in reality, it turned into an enormous plus for them. I have every ounce of respect for him and what he was able to do at SLC, but the gain of Coach Vance was the best thing that could happen to our program. Your loss was definitely our gain.

According to Coach Vance last year, he plans to retire here. I hope, for the sake of our kids, that he doesn't change his mind.

TheMarine
11-30-2003, 03:49 PM
CONGRATS TO ALL LH PLAYERS! YOU GUYS DID A WOUNDERFUL JOB THIS YEAR. YOU GUYS DID A GOOD JOB REPRESENTING 25-3A. HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS PLAY NEXT YEAR. GOOD LUCK TO NEXT YEAR.

TheMarine
11-30-2003, 03:50 PM
CONGRATS TO ALL LH PLAYERS! YOU GUYS DID A WOUNDERFUL JOB THIS YEAR. YOU GUYS DID A GOOD JOB REPRESENTING 25-3A. HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS PLAY NEXT YEAR. GOOD LUCK TO NEXT YEAR.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Congrats, and much love from Port Isabel to Liberty Hill's Panthers. You all fought very hard, and whenever we play a team that plays us hard and tough, earns our respect.

Great game.

But i'm sitting here wondering something......considering Liberty Hill had an advantage as far as driving distance is concerned, I was surprised that Liberty Hill's side was not full. Why is that?

So what did y'all think of our fans? Loud, huh?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Congrats, and much love from Port Isabel to Liberty Hill's Panthers. You all fought very hard, and whenever we play a team that plays us hard and tough, earns our respect.

Great game.

But i'm sitting here wondering something......considering Liberty Hill had an advantage as far as driving distance is concerned, I was surprised that Liberty Hill's side was not full. Why is that?

So what did y'all think of our fans? Loud, huh?

toby070
11-30-2003, 11:27 PM
LH Panther Mom:
Thanks, Toby. Honestly, the loss of Wasson at first seemed like a huge loss for the team, but in reality, it turned into an enormous plus for them. I have every ounce of respect for him and what he was able to do at SLC, but the gain of Coach Vance was the best thing that could happen to our program. Your loss was definitely our gain.

According to Coach Vance last year, he plans to retire here. I hope, for the sake of our kids, that he doesn't change his mind.I know he was our (San Marcos HS) defensive coordinator, but I don't know how old he is. Rumors around SM are that redistricting will play a role in Coach Bush's decision to carry on or retire. I wish you no bad luck, but if he is younger than Bush and Bush retires, expect the Rattler admin to make a huge push for Vance. Bush has done for us what Vance did for y'all, and they definately want the momentum to continue if Bush retires.

Don't misunderstand, my first wish is for the two very good coaches to stay put :D

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2003, 11:39 PM
Well, I hope he turns 'em down, if it happens. I could be wrong, but I think he coached with Coach Bush at Dimmitt as well. I'm not sure of his age, either, but I know he's got quite a few years left in him. (Just a little football trivia for ya - not 3A, but his father played football with my 4th grade teacher's husband, ex now.)

LH Panther Mom
11-30-2003, 11:57 PM
dbl post

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
12-01-2003, 05:55 AM
TFINT - as far as the number of fans, Liberty Hill is a small town - just over 1400 - and I'm sure there were folks who were out of town. I don't know the count, but I think we probably had roughly the same crowd as the other playoff games. I was kind of surprised at the huge crowd ya'll had, but I guess since your h.s. has almost 200 more students, I shouldn't have.

Honestly, I hope ya'll win state. Good luck against Rice.

olddog73
12-01-2003, 06:17 AM
Congratualtions Panthers on a great year. Best of luck next year.