PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of The Cats..Celina at Pilot Point

PPHSfan
10-13-2002, 09:46 PM
Well folks its almost here. October 18th is gonna be a great party. Pilot Point is coming of a dissapointing loss to Gainsville that resulted in their first shut-out in 22 years, when they tied the 1980 State Game 0-0. Celina has 63 wins in row (like nobody knows that :p )and the media will be out in full force. Pilot Point is one of only two teams that have a winning record against Celina (with at least 3 games played), the other is 5A Southlake Carroll, and Pilot Point was the last team to beat Celina in 1998. Look for PP to come wanting to take their revenge out on the Bobcats, and look for Celina to bring their A game as they always do for Pilot Point. It's shaping up to be a great contest and it should be exciting for both teams and fans. Come early (like thursday afternoon :D ) if you expect to be able to sit down for this game. Best of luck to both teams but may the Bearcats win :p

I am looking forward to your predictions!!!!!!

Matthew328
10-13-2002, 09:59 PM
Piot Poit will play Celina tough...but I don't see PP having enough to get by Celina..especially w/o Salas....I don't see Celina's streak ending until Gainesville....but Celina is vulnerable...they nearly got beat by a Pottsboro team that is OK but by no means great..

bigbullbacker
10-13-2002, 10:04 PM
I will be pullin for PP in this one,I guess this game is similar to our game with Decatur it doesn't matter who the underdawg is. Both teams will want to prove something ie: braggin rights...

Chris Hart
10-13-2002, 10:06 PM
I see Pilot Point winning a close game. G.A. Moore started the streak for Celina, and it is only fitting for him to end it also. That place will be electric. I'll bet Ol G.A. has some really good strategy up his sleeve for this one.

Go Bearkats!

PPHSfan
10-13-2002, 10:08 PM
Would that be what you call "Poetic Justice?" :cool:

bigbullbacker
10-13-2002, 10:12 PM
Matthew328:
Piot Poit will play Celina tough...but I don't see PP having enough to get by Celina..especially w/o Salas....I don't see Celina's streak ending until Gainesville....but Celina is vulnerable...they nearly got beat by a Pottsboro team that is OK but by no means great..If Celina get pass PP I think they will be able to to beat even Gainsville, I think G is fast but they lay the ball down to much, a good team may just capitalize on their turnovers that is if they healthly. I hear thay Baylor University sent people there too help Celina with some kind of problem with a staf infection

PPHSfan
10-13-2002, 11:07 PM
Man I tell you what, after reading some of EaglesRules posts on the Bridegport thread, I just hope our Boys can shake off that "scrimage butt whoopin that decatur dealt us" long enough to concentrate on Celina. I am sure all of our boys are still losing sleep over that one.

slpybear the bullfan
10-14-2002, 12:23 AM
Man, PPHSfan, I wasn't worried about PP or Bridgport until I realized that Decatur became State Champ favorite after the scrimmage with PPoint. I guess the Bulls should just forfeit...

...NOT!

Hey, why don't ya'll just give Celina a good thrashing?! We'll be pulling for ya'll!

WDA

BullsFan
10-14-2002, 01:00 AM
If anyone knows Celina, it'll be Moore. And I can't think that, as good a coach as he is, he wouldn't be able to pick apart their game plan. I'm going with Pilot Point in a veeeery close game on this one.

Of course, since Decatur apparently outplayed you in a pre-season scrimmage, I'm not sure you should even bother showing up. I'm sure that's exactly what you guys were thinking too, right? wink

The One
10-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!!!

slpybear the bullfan
10-14-2002, 10:02 PM
BullsFan:
...in a veeeery close game on this one.Yeeees BullsFan. I agreeeee. A veeeeery clooooose gaaaaaame.

:p :p :p wink wink wink

Go Pilot Point!

slpybear

PPHSfan
10-15-2002, 09:57 PM
Back to the top.