PDA

View Full Version : Beginning ofothe end with ensberg

AggieJohn
07-14-2006, 02:25 PM
he Houston Astros announced today that the club has placed third baseman Morgan Ensberg on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder contusion, retroactive to July 10. To take Ensberg's place on the 25-man roster, the Astros have recalled outfielder Luke Scott from Triple-A Round Rock.

Ensberg, 30, is batting .236 this season with 19 home runs and 44 RBIs. He ranks third in the National League with 68 walks, and he ranks second among NL third basemen in home runs and sixth in slugging (.500). He posted a career-best, 10-game hitting streak from April 13-23. Ensberg holds a career .272 average with 93 home runs and 290 RBIs.

Scott, 28, was batting .299 for Round Rock this season with a Pacific Coast League-leading 20 home runs and 63 RBIs (second in the PCL). He batted .360 in June, with six home runs and 19 RBIs, and he is batting .324 vs. left-handed pitchers. Scott was a Triple-A All-Star and started in left field (0-2) for the PCL in the game Wednesday in Toledo, Oh. This season marked his second on the Astros 40-man roster. He started in left field on Opening Day in 2005 and played in 34 games for the Astros last year.

big daddy russ
07-14-2006, 02:35 PM
I think everyone's giving up on Ensberg way too early. He's had two bad months in the past three years. When a guy plays that well for that long, he's bound to even out in the second half of the season. He's still only 30 years old and hasn't tapped out on his potential just yet.

I think that more than anything, the Astros are just giving him a few weeks to recharge his batteries. I know we all get burned out from work from time to time. Morgan looks like he's just burned out. He's fighting against himself right now, not his opponents.

Bull Butter
07-14-2006, 02:38 PM
He's got 19 HR in 1/2 a season. I don't think they're ready to throw in the towel just yet on him

SWMustang
07-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Morgan Ensberg and Jason Lane have both been a huge dissappointment. Yes, Morgan has 19 homers, but I can't count the number of times he's come up with a runner in scoring position with less than two outs and he strikes out or pops up to the catcher/first baseman. It's frustrating .:mad:

I really hope Luke Scott comes in and plays up to his ability.
I think he could be a solid contributor to this team but I thought the same thing about Jason Lane... No way to spin his performance - he's been horrible.:mad:

Gobbla2001
07-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Ensberg is walking... if people can't drive him in it's their problem... I wish he were swinging for sure, but he has a GREAT eye for the ball...

Beginning of the end? I hope you didn't come up with that on your own, AJ, or it would make the fact that an Aggie is in space right now vanish...

Don't freak out Astros fans...