PDA

View Full Version : George West did ya know???

Gp83
07-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Coach Bruce Bush who retired from San Marcos, came out of retirement to coach at George West. He will be the offenseive cord while Gary Davenport will be the head coach! The G-W coach left with such short notice that they wouldnt have time to fill the position and Came to Bush-Davenport with a proposal. This should be an interesting season for G-W. I might have to make a trip to check out a practice! Bush & Davenport have a combined 400+ wins between the two.

CalallenWildcat
07-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Gp83
Bush & Davenport have a combined 400+ wins between the two.

Which I believe makes the GW staff the winningest active coaching staff in the state.

Gp83
07-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Man, they will be a scary team in the next few years to come.

Blastoderm55
07-14-2006, 11:36 AM
I think someone posted this last week. I heard they were only signed to 6 month contracts, so we'll see whether or not this is a long term thing. The program will surely benefit regardless.

Gp83
07-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I think someone posted this last week. I heard they were only signed to 6 month contracts, so we'll see whether or not this is a long term thing. The program will surely benefit regardless.

Ahhh thanks. I just saw it on Tex4aaaa

big daddy russ
07-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Maybe they'll see a return back to their glory days of the 90's. They were consistently a top-15 team back then. I don't know much about Bush, but I know Davenport's had success just about everywhere he's been, with the exception of Port Lavaca. Took Sinton to the Semis, then did the same thing with Aransas Pass a few years later.