PDA

View Full Version : dont eat the tortillas!!

pirate44
07-14-2006, 06:34 AM
HEB announced a recall on its HEB brand corn tortillas. i just saw it on the news and am not sure why.

i prefer the fresh made ones from Nuevo Progresso myself.

piratebg
07-14-2006, 06:36 AM
We just made migas yesterday morning with some HEB tortillas. Were they the regurlar or the homestyle tortillas that were recalled? Or does it even make a difference?

pirate44
07-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
We just made migas yesterday morning with some HEB tortillas. Were they the regurlar or the homestyle tortillas that were recalled? Or does it even make a difference?
im not sure. something happened in their machinery, so i would assume all, but i cant be positive :(

DU_stud04
07-14-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
HEB announced a recall on its HEB brand corn tortillas. i just saw it on the news and am not sure why.

no tortillas:( ......:crying: .......:weeping:

i wish they had heb's around here, i think the closest one is about 1hr 40 minutes away

piratebg
07-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Nevermind, I just got the bad news from Katia. It is on all HEB/Mi Tradicion corn tortillas. That sux.

CalallenWildcat
07-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Nevermind, I just got the bad news from Katia. It is on all HEB/Mi Tradicion corn tortillas. That sux.

You got a thing for Katia? :D

The HEB in Portland has fresh tortillas. They make them right in front of you.

Phil C
07-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Mrs. Lopez in Sinton makes fresh tortillas for her customers. All they have to do is call her for the order and they are $1.35/dozen.

olddawggreen
07-14-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate44

You can still throw them at football games can't you?:D :D

CalallenWildcat
07-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen

You aren't referring to the game y'all played at Buc Stadium, are you? :D :D

I was at that game...18 rows up, 50 yard line, Burnet side.

pirate44
07-14-2006, 09:45 AM
flour gets much better air than corn

pirate44
07-14-2006, 09:47 AM
H-E-B recalls tortillas
Equipment malfunction leads to recall

By David Kassabian/Caller-Times
July 14, 2006

H-E-B supermarket issued a "precautionary recall" Thursday for all H-E-B and Mi Tradivcíon brand tortillas in all quantity packages, according to an H-E-B press release.

The recall is specific only to these two brands of white and yellow corn tortillas and is due to an equipment malfunction. Tortillas made in-store and other packaged brands are not affected, the release said.
"If customers recently purchased the product or have it on their pantry shelves at home, they are encouraged to return the product to H-E-B for a full refund," the release said. "This is an isolated incident, and no illnesses or injuries have been reported."

Contact David Kassabian at 886-3778 or kassabiand@caller.com

olddawggreen
07-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
You aren't referring to the game y'all played at Buc Stadium, are you? :D :D

I was at that game...18 rows up, 50 yard line, Burnet side.

Yes, that was one of them:D

District303aPastPlayer
07-14-2006, 10:34 AM
go to portland and buy the ones they make right in front of you... then go see me :)

CalallenWildcat
07-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Yes, that was one of them:D

"The Corpus Christi ISD asks you to please refrain from throwing food objects onto the field" :D

District303aPastPlayer
07-14-2006, 10:37 AM
"The Corpus Christi ISD asks you to please refrain from throwing food objects onto the field" :D

BOOOOOO!!!

olddawggreen
07-14-2006, 01:11 PM

They were't very happy about it. From what I remember, the tortillas weren't being thrown on the field, just in the stands. I think the CC ISD was more worried about the extra clean up than anything.
As the tortilla flying movement grew through out the season, word spread and eventually it was stopped. I think the Burnet - Sinton game in Corpus was the last time that the tortillas flew in great numbers.

I guess there are those that would say it was fun while it lasted.:D :D Man, those things could fly:cool:

CalallenWildcat
07-14-2006, 01:18 PM
They were't very happy about it. From what I remember, the tortillas weren't being thrown on the field, just in the stands. I think the CC ISD was more worried about the extra clean up than anything.
As the tortilla flying movement grew through out the season, word spread and eventually it was stopped. I think the Burnet - Sinton game in Corpus was the last time that the tortillas flew in great numbers.

I guess there are those that would say it was fun while it lasted.:D :D Man, those things could fly:cool:

I had fun...I had to borrow some tortillas from the people above me but I threw them!

I didn't get to throw any at the Burnet-Wharton game :(