PDA

View Full Version : Zidane debate continued

football4life
07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
my mom and i were talking about the head butt incident, and she told me that on good morning america they had a lip reader on the show, supposedly an expert, and according to this assessment, the italian told zidane, who's mother is apparently near death?, that he wished a slow and painful death to him and his family. i don't condone zidane in any way, but jeez, that's tough man, i think i'd be pissed.

AggieJohn
07-13-2006, 10:56 PM
professional lip reader, sounds like something you learn to call yourself in college after a lot of bored moments

neck_06
07-13-2006, 10:59 PM
all i know is that zidane is a bada$$ because i have never seen anyone floor another person like that........with a head butt to the chest.....:eek: :eek:

Bulldog_12
07-14-2006, 12:00 AM
I just love how through the entire match the announcers were drooling over Zidane and how much of a class act he is and how he is the model player for this game, and then he headbutts a guy in the last 5 minutes of extra time IN THE WORLD CUP FINALS!! What a dumb move. The French should have won that game, but thanks to him and Henry going out with cramps:rolleyes: , they lost.

neck_06
07-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I just love how through the entire match the announcers were drooling over Zidane and how much of a class act he is and how he is the model player for this game, and then he headbutts a guy in the last 5 minutes of extra time IN THE WORLD CUP FINALS!! What a dumb move. The French should have won that game, but thanks to him and Henry going out with cramps:rolleyes: , they lost.

Henry is a wuss, he left the championship game of an event that only comes around every 4 years because of cramps.

Zidane should have head butted him and knocked some sense back into him.

DaHop72
07-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
The French game, they lost. :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
07-14-2006, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
Henry is a wuss, he left the championship game of an event that only comes around every 4 years because of cramps.

There was a female on the team? :eek: :eek: :doh: :D

DU_stud04
07-14-2006, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There was a female on the team? :eek: :eek: :doh: :D

funny....:D :clap:

3afan
07-14-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
all i know is that zidane is a bada$$ because i have never seen anyone floor another person like that........with a head butt to the chest.....:eek: :eek:

more like a thug than a bada$$ :rolleyes:

CalallenWildcat
07-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by football4life
my mom and i were talking about the head butt incident, and she told me that on good morning america they had a lip reader on the show, supposedly an expert, and according to this assessment, the italian told zidane, who's mother is apparently near death?, that he wished a slow and painful death to him and his family. i don't condone zidane in any way, but jeez, that's tough man, i think i'd be pissed.

They needed to read the lips in Italian, that was the language being spoken. If Matzeratti (sp?) said "Desidero una morte lenta e dolorosa voi ed alla vostra famiglia" then it would translate to what you said. However, considering the BBC found something about terrorists in their lip reading session, I highly doubt anyone is correctly reading the lips in Italian. Hire an Italian lip reader!

Adidas410s
07-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
They needed to read the lips in Italian, that was the language being spoken. If Matzeratti (sp?) said "Desidero una morte lenta e dolorosa voi ed alla vostra famiglia" then it would translate to what you said. However, considering the BBC found something about terrorists in their lip reading session, I highly doubt anyone is correctly reading the lips in Italian. Hire an Italian lip reader!

true...true...

football4life
07-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat

don't blame me, blame good morning america!

CalallenWildcat
07-14-2006, 08:57 AM
don't blame me, blame good morning america!

I don't watch ABC News...NBC for me. Internationally, BBC.

The BBC reported that Zidane was called a "son of a terrorist whore," and was told to "go f*** yourself." Brazilian TV has reported Zidane's sister was called a prostitute.

CalallenWildcat
07-14-2006, 09:00 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/news/soccer-world-cup-2006/what-riled-zidane/2006/07/11/1152383741561.html

An Italian lip-reader, who claimed to have deciphered Materazzi's words, told the BBC that Materazzi had said: "I wish an ugly death to you and all your family", and then added, "Go f--- yourself."

Britain's top forensic lip-reader, Jessica Rees - whose skill has led her to be summoned as an expert witness at criminal trials - believed Materazzi called Zidane a "son of a terrorist whore" before he added, "So just f--- off".

The Daily Mail said it, too, engaged a lip-reader who reached the same conclusion as Rees.

Brazil's Globo television also employed lip-reading experts, who concluded Materazzi had twice told Zidane his sister was a "whore", before directing "a coarse word" at him.

The French anti-racism group SOS Racisme issued a statement alleging that "several very well informed sources from the world of football" were convinced Materazzi called Zidane a "dirty terrorist".

Other reports suggested the taunt was directed at Zidane's mother, who is believed to be unwell, or his French-Spanish wife. Italia Telecom's Alice sports website reported that Materazzi had derided Zidane with the words: "Yeah, yeah, you're the phenomenon."

football4life
07-14-2006, 10:00 AM
i like your info much better. either way you slice it, zidane is dumb, and the italian dude is a jerk.

CalallenWildcat
07-14-2006, 10:01 AM
i like your info much better. either way you slice it, zidane is dumb, and the italian dude is a jerk.

Yep!