PDA

View Full Version : ROMmy Award

big daddy russ
07-13-2006, 04:46 PM
The ROMmy Award- what do you think was the single biggest ROMming (banning of a member) of the year? Was it one of the former central members of the 3ADL, the most hated poster ever, or the man who started his own DL war? You have until about 4:45 Friday afternoon to vote, so get 'em in while you can.

jason- For almost three years, he was one of the key members of the Downlow. To this day, he still has more posts than all but 8 of our members,. He was a huge spark to downlow conversation, but toed the line a little too much. One of the testaments to his influence on this board is the fact that he's still fresh in everyone's memory. I'm sure some of the newer Downlowers have heard his name flying around. For those of you who weren't around during the jason era,here's (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=364647#post364647) his final post.

Chief O'Hera- For almost three months, he was the lightning rod (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43128) from Graham. That little town had thunderstorms even when there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Track superstar (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42157&perpage=15&pagenumber=2), comedian, proponent of steroids (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43368), UT hater extraordinaire (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43207&perpage=15&pagenumber=2), social activist (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43216), and quite possibly the most hated person (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43208) to ever grace this little board of ours with his presence, the Chief is in a category all his own. But if the Chief was anything, he definitely wasn't a quitter. (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43760&highlight=chief) After being revoked of the name "Chief O'Hera," he came back as something like "Chi3f O'H3ra." Needless to say, he was once again banned... this time before ever laying down a post.

Lew P- Or Loopy, whichever you prefer. Sorry guys, but linking all that stuff with the Chief wore me out. Still, Lew P can't be forgotten-- especially by all the West Texas posters. He flared up the board time and time again and then declared war on the Downlow from his website. He could get under your skin with the best of them and even though I've run out of things to say, his ROMming was every bit the ordeal that jason's and the Chief's was. Like the Chief, Track expert (he came back- this time as eagle6man , but he handled his parole well and actually reeled off over 600 posts before once again being banned. The only double-ROMmy in this year's awards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can honestly say I looked forward to each one of these guys' posts. They were often off-the-wall (albeit in different ways) and always attracted everyone's attention. Personally, I can't decide which one I'd vote for because they're all to close on my list. On that note, let the games begin.

Big money, no ROMmys.

Adidas410s
07-13-2006, 04:55 PM
One last time...The Chief must go down!!! :D

lostaussie
07-13-2006, 05:03 PM
no Mandy? i'm crushed!!!!!!!!!!

Bulldog_12
07-13-2006, 05:11 PM
Easy, its The Chief. That guy stirred up so much crap it was rediculous.

Emerson1
07-13-2006, 05:18 PM
By voting for chief you are encouraging his idea that steroids should be used by everytone.

Emerson1
07-13-2006, 05:31 PM
And what you said about lew p is wrong, he isn't the only multiple ROMee, jason has been banned atleast 20 times.

Cameron Crazy
07-13-2006, 05:34 PM
He is still lurking around at this moment just to let you know.

Emerson1
07-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
He is still lurking around at this moment just to let you know.
Don't give yourself away.

Cameron Crazy
07-13-2006, 05:36 PM
Um..ok? Adidas knows who this is and so does rick dont give me that bull crap it was a joke.

AggieJohn
07-13-2006, 05:57 PM
i don't really think that the chief was that great of a person getting rommed to get this award...

alot of people can search and see me and jason didn't ever really get along till near his first romming, however after that we kind of grew up and i think he is kinda cool now from the times i get to talk to him on AIM. However, he's such a UT homer.......that being said, i still vote for him as ROMmy of the year, he should recieve a lowie just for his sheer influence on this board

piratebg
07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
The Chief was the worst, by far. I, for one, was very glad to see this one go down.

sahen
07-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
he should recieve a lowie just for his sheer influence on this board
ditto that, jason was a big part of this board before he was ROMed

lostaussie
07-13-2006, 07:43 PM
i voted for the person i thought SHOULD have been rommed. that was the CHIEF. maybe i misread what the poll was about. person that needed to go the most, or person who was most beloved that got rommed? which is it?

neck_06
07-13-2006, 08:43 PM
CHIEF! CHIEF! CHIEF!

piratebg
07-13-2006, 08:46 PM
How in the heck is Jason in the lead? I thought this award went to the one who deserved to be rommed, not the one who made the most friends. I have nothing against Jason at all, but it seems he is getting more sympathy votes for an award he doesn't deserve.

lostaussie
07-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
How in the heck is Jason in the lead? I thought this award went to the one who deserved to be rommed, not the one who made the most friends. I have nothing against Jason at all, but it seems he is getting more sympathy votes for an award he doesn't deserve. :clap::clap::clap:

big daddy russ
07-13-2006, 09:02 PM
I always vote on it based on what I think is the single, biggest ROM of the year, regardless of the circumstances. BUT, it's like the MVP award in any sport... you may interpret that however you choose. Some people vote for the best player, some vote for the best player on the best team, some vote for the one guy that the best team just couldn't do without. It's up to you on how you interpret that.

Bulldog_12
07-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I always vote on it based on what I think is the single, biggest ROM of the year, regardless of the circumstances. BUT, it's like the MVP award in any sport... you may interpret that however you choose. Some people vote for the best player, some vote for the best player on the best team, some vote for the one guy that the best team just couldn't do without. It's up to you on how you interpret that.

I took it as the guy who everyone hated the most. That is definitely the Chief.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-13-2006, 09:37 PM
I had to blast the Chief in a PM myself. That guy was terrible.

Glad he is gone.

neck_06
07-13-2006, 09:42 PM
i took it as the biggest ROM of the year, which would without a doubt be jason (longstanding member).......but i still voted chief, it was something about him...............

AggieJohn
07-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
How in the heck is Jason in the lead? I thought this award went to the one who deserved to be rommed, not the one who made the most friends. I have nothing against Jason at all, but it seems he is getting more sympathy votes for an award he doesn't deserve. Jason is 3adownlow Gold

piratebg
07-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Jason is 3adownlow Gold

So does that make him the most deserving of the three to be rommed? :thinking:

Emerson1
07-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I took it as the guy who everyone hated the most. That is definitely the Chief.
I took it as the guy people liked the most that was ROMed. Which for jason more people like than hate him.

3afan
07-14-2006, 07:15 AM
I agree it should be Mandy --- his/her comment about young boys was/is unforgivable ....

for the most part all the Chief did was post outrageous statements that no one agreed with - it was absolutely great reading

and jason was/is banned? hmmmm :thinking:

CHS_CG
07-14-2006, 07:54 AM
GO JASON GO!!!!!

big daddy russ
07-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
I agree it should be Mandy --- his/her comment about young boys was/is unforgivable ....

for the most part all the Chief did was post outrageous statements that no one agreed with - it was absolutely great reading

and jason was/is banned? hmmmm :thinking:
She got a couple of nominations.

I never saw that post. I always knew she was a little different, but never knew she said anything like that. I'm too much out of the lewp these days. ;)

OK, that was cheesy.

AggieJohn
07-14-2006, 11:39 AM
if jason wins, the mod's should let him on for a day

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I liked Jason. I dissliked the Chief!

Phil C
10-03-2006, 09:54 AM
This is something I defer to the mods to decide in their judgement.

Lew was great and I enjoyed him and post at his web site occassional. He liked old movies too.

The Chief was great and obviously an enthusiastic Oklahoma supporter.

Jason was great and a big UT fan. He also liked golf which is another admirable trait. Sometimes he was blunt in his writings but he was still a very nice man.

Boosty_Hondo
10-03-2006, 10:03 AM
jason was a nice guy good thing he back

Adidas410s
10-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Chief...Chief...Chief...

Boosty_Hondo
10-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Chief...Chief...Chief...

lol i think its over;)

oldcrow
10-03-2006, 10:13 AM
I vote LeonJr.

MagicMan
10-03-2006, 10:20 AM
rotexsolja was a double-quadruple ROMmy. i say we throw this poll out and do a new one. these 3 candidates are lame.

oldcrow
10-03-2006, 10:30 AM
I agree start a new one magic:clap:

infamous
10-23-2006, 03:39 PM
ahhhh I also agree with Mandy...it's funny to see a poster return 8 times within a three year period

although maybe one thing should be set straight--the first banning was an offer to unban someone she knew who got banned for disagreeing with a mod. 'Twas a little childish you think?

mrescape43
10-23-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Easy, its The Chief. That guy stirred up so much crap it was rediculous.

He was one of a kind! Major idiot.