PDA

View Full Version : Is the Middle East Pot About to Boil Over?

Bullaholic
07-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Israel is bombing hundreds of targets in Lebannon. Hope this conflict does not "widen". A "widening" of this conflict will not be beneficial to anyone. Pray for Peace soon----Please, no "flaming" political attacks--the nations of the world need to come together and put this "fire" out permanently. I think if all of the other countries could be kept from making external control to protect their interests in the region---that the Palestinians and Israelis could arrive at a peaceful solution to their problems. They were close a few weeks ago--I think that is what has prompted the "radical" interests to escalate the violence.

Sweetwater Red
07-13-2006, 11:30 AM
So basically, it's the same situation it has been for the last 2,000
years? :thinking:

Bullaholic
07-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
So basically, it's the same situation it has been for the last 2,000
years? :thinking:

Unfortunately, that appears to be holding true, SWRed. The big problem is that there are many who would rather "fight" than "talk" at this time in this region.

GreenMonster
07-13-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm worried this may be the beginning of World War III. :( I sure hope not. We seem to be siding up with Israel and the Russians seem to be siding up with the Muslims. If cooler heads don't show up soon this thing won't boil over, it will explode like Mt St Helens. The way the terror alliances have built up and spread around the world there will be so many fronts no one can contain it.

Sweetwater Red
07-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm worried this may be the beginning of World War III. :( I sure hope not. We seem to be siding up with Israel and the Russians seem to be siding up with the Muslims. If cooler heads don't show up soon this thing won't boil over, it will explode like Mt St Helens. The way the terror alliances have built up and spread around the world there will be so many fronts no one can contain it.

Israel has been a long time ally of the U.S.. Russia can't even
feed their own. They're not looking for a war with anybody.

Bullaholic
07-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

I don't see this conflict going "global", GM. That is one of the good things about the U.S. being the only Superpower---nobody is "crazy" enough to take us on in an all-out war right now. I can see, however, one heckeva "Regional" war with the Syrians and Iranians, and whatever other "jihad" warriors they can find, tangling with the Isralelis in the Bakaa Valley again.

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 11:44 AM
You cannot talk peace with people that believe in exterminating another religion.

Sweetwater Red
07-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You cannot talk peace with people that believe in exterminating another religion.

adding to this...

exterminating another religion will give them eternal life with Allah.:doh:

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 12:11 PM
*DISCLAIMER*

~I mean none of this in truth so if it offends anybody get over it*

BLOW EVERYBODY UP

but us ofcourse! the we wont have problems with crap like that

:D :D :D

pero chato
07-13-2006, 12:16 PM

I dealt with officers in the Israeli Army back when I worked for Texas Instruments. The hatred goes beyond religion. They basically want all Arabs dead, radical or otherwise, and I'm sure that goes both ways. The problem is, it's a centuries old dispute and they are ALL hot heads.

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
I dealt with officers in the Israeli Army back when I worked for Texas Instruments. The hatred goes beyond religion. They basically want all Arabs dead, radical or otherwise, and I'm sure that goes both ways. The problem is, it's a centuries old dispute and they are ALL hot heads.

im tellin ya up blow em up!

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Isreal may hate the radical muslims, but at least they only retaliate. The jews aren't the ones going into a crowded area and blowing themselves up. I'd better stop now before I get in trouble. :mad:

wordonthastreet
07-13-2006, 12:41 PM
The word on the street that I'm getting is that everybody is sick about hearing about the Middle East. People I talk to want to hunt down Bin Ladin, but want to leave the rest of those countries alone to kill each other and act like fools. Most of these people have a completely different ideology than we do, and that will never change. We are beating a dead horse. Keep an eye on these folks and protect our borders. Most people I talk to also realize that oil, which the United States is slowly running out of, is the main reason we are so involved in everyone's business over there.

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 12:41 PM
I'd better stop now before I get in trouble. :mad:

probably a smart idea!

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by wordonthastreet
The word on the street that I'm getting is that everybody is sick about hearing about the Middle East. People I talk to want to hunt down Bin Ladin, but want to leave the rest of those countries alone to kill each other and act like fools. Most of these people have a completely different ideology than we do, and that will never change. We are beating a dead horse. Keep an eye on these folks and protect our borders. Most people I talk to also realize that oil, which the United States is slowly running out of, is the main reason we are so involved in everyone's business over there. I'm so sick of this arguement. "The only reason we're over there is for the oil." If that's the case, why are we not taking the oil? We could easily take the oil and justify it by saying that we need the money to offset the cost of reconstruction of Iraq. But we're not!:mad: :mad: :mad:

...stepping down off of soap box...

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM

lol soap box.

wordonthastreet
07-13-2006, 12:53 PM
The word on the street is that our oil companies are profiting big time off of the middle east and the war going on over there. All of our mechanized military forces run off of oil and gas. Bush is an ex-oil man himself. So was his daddy. Even if 9/11 had never happened, we would still have a major presence in the Middle East to make sure that all of the oil there doesn't fall into the wrong hands and that we continue to get our cut. Thats just the way it is.

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 12:54 PM
The word on the street is that our oil companies are profiting big time off of the middle east and the war going on over there. All of our mechanized military forces run off of oil and gas. Bush is an ex-oil man himself. So was his daddy. Even if 9/11 had never happened, we would still have a major presence in the Middle East to make sure that all of the oil there doesn't fall into the wrong hands and that we continue to get our cut. Thats just the way it is. Mean Machine? Is that you?:)

wordonthastreet
07-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Word on the street doesn't know Mean Machine. Besides oil, which is the main reason we have a presence there, the only other reason is to make sure that nukes don't fall into the hands of some idiot who doesn't value his own life or the life of his people. I wonder how interested the United States would be in the Middle East if there was no oil under the ground over there????

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Mean Machine? Is that you?:)

lol could it be?

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Sure sounds like him.

big daddy russ
07-13-2006, 01:03 PM
The word on the street is that our oil companies are profiting big time off of the middle east and the war going on over there. All of our mechanized military forces run off of oil and gas. Bush is an ex-oil man himself. So was his daddy. Even if 9/11 had never happened, we would still have a major presence in the Middle East to make sure that all of the oil there doesn't fall into the wrong hands and that we continue to get our cut. Thats just the way it is.
So Bush is making more money than Hugo Chavez? LOL

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
So Bush is making more money than Hugo Chavez? LOL There you go again BDR, confusing us with the facts again.:p

big daddy russ
07-13-2006, 01:05 PM
There you go again BDR, confusing us with the facts again.:p
LOL. Sorry, won't happen again JD.

Dang, this thread got really political real quick. Let's get out of the US political situation in the Middle East and just focus on what's going on.

Blastoderm55
07-13-2006, 01:13 PM
And this, my amigos, is why I hate religion. Faith should be bringing people together, not leading to war. If only people could accept the views of others with open minds and learn to live together with the understanding that having different beliefs is not a malicious act in itself. I sure hope the Israeli's don't get too trigger happy with their missles. They have our nuke technology, so things could get ugly really fast, and would probably result in huge waves of dirty bombs and chemical warfare sweeping across the so-called Holy Land. Just awful.

pero chato
07-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Word on the street doesn't know Mean Machine. Besides oil, which is the main reason we have a presence there, the only other reason is to make sure that nukes don't fall into the hands of some idiot who doesn't value his own life or the life of his people. I wonder how interested the United States would be in the Middle East if there was no oil under the ground over there????

Well let's see, your other reason, "to make sure that nukes don't fall into the hands of some idiot", sounds like a darn good reason to me.

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
And this, my amigos, is why I hate religion. Faith should be bringing people together, not leading to war. If only people could accept the views of others with open minds and learn to live together with the understanding that having different beliefs is not a malicious act in itself. All very true. I believe in Jesus Christ. But if you don't I'll just pray for you, not plan your destruction.

pero chato
07-13-2006, 01:16 PM
And this, my amigos, is why I hate religion. Faith should be bringing people together, not leading to war. If only people could accept the views of others with open minds and learn to live together with the understanding that having different beliefs is not a malicious act in itself. I sure hope the Israeli's don't get too trigger happy with their missles. They have our nuke technology, so things could get ugly really fast, and would probably result in huge waves of dirty bombs and chemical warfare sweeping across the so-called Holy Land. Just awful.

Religion has nothing to do with it. It's people who pervert religion to their own ends who are the problem.

DU_stud04
07-13-2006, 01:21 PM
The word on the street that I'm getting is that everybody is sick about hearing about the Middle East. People I talk to want to hunt down Bin Ladin, but want to leave the rest of those countries alone to kill each other and act like fools. Most of these people have a completely different ideology than we do, and that will never change. We are beating a dead horse. Keep an eye on these folks and protect our borders. Most people I talk to also realize that oil, which the United States is slowly running out of, is the main reason we are so involved in everyone's business over there.

namaskar, tum kese ho?:D

Aesculus gilmus
07-13-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm so sick of this arguement. "The only reason we're over there is for the oil." If that's the case, why are we not taking the oil? We could easily take the oil and justify it by saying that we need the money to offset the cost of reconstruction of Iraq. But we're not!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Who is "we"? I do not wish to be associated with this fustercluck. There is no "easily" doing anything in Iraq at this point. It's a FUBAR mess. And I believe it was a man named Wolfwowitz who DID SAY that Iraqi oil WOULD pay for the reconstruction of Iraq without costing US (you and me) one red cent. Instead "we" are being spent into national bankruptcy. World's only superpower, my "bleep." World's only supersucker is more like it.

http://www.house.gov/schakowsky/iraqquotes_web.htm

Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz: “There’s a lot of money to pay for this that doesn’t have to be U.S. taxpayer money, and it starts with the assets of the Iraqi people…and on a rough recollection, the oil revenues of that country could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We’re dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.” [Source: House Committee on Appropriations Hearing on a Supplemental War Regulation, 3/27/03]

Blastoderm55
07-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Religion has nothing to do with it. It's people who pervert religion to their own ends who are the problem.

So then doesn't that make it the problem if they can interepret their faith-based structure however they deem fit in order to accomplish malevolent agendas? The fact that religion is capable of drawing many blind faith zealots to its cause leads to the escalation of these situations. People who chose to live and die by their fanatical beliefs will also see to it that others live and die by those same fanatical beliefs. Scary stuff, really.

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Who is "we"? I do not wish to be associated with this fustercluck. There is no "easily" doing anything in Iraq at this point. It's a FUBAR mess. And I believe it was a man named Wolfwowitz who DID SAY that Iraqi oil WOULD pay for the reconstruction of Iraq without costing US (you and me) one red cent. Instead "we" are being spent into national bankruptcy. World's only superpower, my "bleep." World's only supersucker is more like it.

http://www.house.gov/schakowsky/iraqquotes_web.htm

Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz: “There’s a lot of money to pay for this that doesn’t have to be U.S. taxpayer money, and it starts with the assets of the Iraqi people…and on a rough recollection, the oil revenues of that country could bring between $50 and $100 billion over the course of the next two or three years…We’re dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.” [Source: House Committee on Appropriations Hearing on a Supplemental War Regulation, 3/27/03] I thought I remembered somebody saying that. But you know the reason that we're not doing that don't you?

big daddy russ
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
namaskar, tum kese ho?:D
Come again?

Blastoderm55
07-13-2006, 01:24 PM
All very true. I believe in Jesus Christ. But if you don't I'll just pray for you, not plan your destruction.

Hey, I appreciate it. I'll probably need all the help I can get if I ever end up in the fires which burn yet do not consume. :D I've chosen what I want to believe in, and I stand by that decision. I'm not about to attempt to persuade others to my side by means of diplomacy, much less the threat of being turned into confetti.

DU_stud04
07-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Come again?

namaskar tum kese ho? mujhe dhuund rahe te? Tum mira nam ke he,me theek hu,shookriya Maaf kejihe. Mujhe taakleaf hein. Mujhe apka cell phone number dhijehe taki. Mere dil phirse dhaduckney lage.

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 01:25 PM
the threat of being turned into confetti. lol:clap: :clap: Nice one.

big daddy russ
07-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
namaskar tum kese ho? mujhe dhuund rahe te? Tum mira nam ke he,me theek hu,shookriya Maaf kejihe. Mujhe taakleaf hein. Mujhe apka cell phone number dhijehe taki. Mere dil phirse dhaduckney lage.
Ohhhh, yeah.

DU_stud04
07-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Ohhhh, yeah.

hahaha:D

pero chato
07-13-2006, 01:32 PM
So then doesn't that make it the problem if they can interepret their faith-based structure however they deem fit in order to accomplish malevolent agendas? The fact that religion is capable of drawing many blind faith zealots to its cause leads to the escalation of these situations. People who chose to live and die by their fanatical beliefs will also see to it that others live and die by those same fanatical beliefs. Scary stuff, really.

Very scary! Just read the paper, and of course history. That's exactly what I'm saying--their interpretation is perverted to fit their agendas, as Hitler used his version of Christianity to justify the slaughter of the Jews. And I agree with you in the "blind faith zealots" who are simply the followers of the fanatics and become fanatics themselves.