PDA

View Full Version : In WNBA All Star Games it was East 98 West 82

Phil C
07-13-2006, 08:51 AM
The West had won it the past 7 games but the East broke the domination last night. I was shocked no one else had posted this important result last night. :eek:
Katie Douglas of Connecticut was MVP and the game was close at half time but in the third quarter the East took control and put the game away.
In the last seconds when the game was decided Houston's Michelle Snow became the second player in WNBA history to get a dunk (The first was Lisa Leslie last year) but like last year it was all a farce even though the sportscasters made out like they did something. The thing is the teams just stood out of the way and gave them all a clear path and even with that Snow was the only one who could finally get an overhead dunk. Not to be critical but I want a dunk in legitimate competition where you are met with at least some resistance as in the NBA.
Still the WNBA has come a long way and they have some great players (especially some young ones) coming up and this sport should get more popular each year. Hopefully we can get some legitimate dunks in the future. The only disappointment was the crowd was at about 13,000 but that was 6,000 fewer than at the game in 1999 and 2004. :( My guess is because the West had been so dominate that they didn't think the East had a chance and decided to not show up. That changed last night.

Phil C
07-13-2006, 08:51 AM
The WNBA season concludes in early September.

BTEXDAD
07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Dawn Staley with Comets actually won the 3 pt shooting contest over Taurasi. I saw highlights of that, but didn't see any of game.

AggieJohn
07-13-2006, 09:11 AM
nice to know houston still is competitive

BTEXDAD
07-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
nice to know houston still is competitive

LOL. Do I detect some sarcasm, Aggiejohn?
I'm looking for ANYTHING positive in Houston pro sports.