PDA

View Full Version : Rivals Top 100....Kinne way down the list...

kaorder1999
07-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Kinne is way down the list...poor guy....

http://dallasnews.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1542&Year=2007

sahen
07-13-2006, 12:53 AM
must suck to be considered the 69th best player in Texas and gonna be going to a D1A school w/ a full ride.....:rolleyes:

kaorder1999
07-13-2006, 01:00 AM
yeah...really sucks that he's so low. I wonder how many GJ supporters have written to Rivals to complain. I think they would have sworn that Mallett would have been way lower then Kinne in the recruiting ratings

3afan
07-13-2006, 06:44 AM
people prob havent complained cause they are thrilled he's even in the top 100 - as if that even matters at this point - IMO

lostaussie
07-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by sahen
must suck to be considered the 69th best player in Texas and gonna be going to a D1A school w/ a full ride.....:rolleyes: exactly what i was thinking:doh:

KTJ
07-13-2006, 07:41 AM
When does he make his decision?

Gobbla2001
07-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Good to see Moye right below him, just to remind everyone...

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by sahen
must suck to be considered the 69th best player in Texas and gonna be going to a D1A school w/ a full ride.....:rolleyes:

seriously!

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
yeah...really sucks that he's so low. I wonder how many GJ supporters have written to Rivals to complain. Yeah. He probably felt threatened by the other top guys and moved himself down in the rankings.

Gobbla2001
07-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Yeah. He probably felt threatened by the other top guys and moved himself down in the rankings.

OHHH SNAPP :eek: :eek:

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
OHHH SNAPP :eek: :eek: I have to admit, that was a good one.:D

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah. He probably felt threatened by the other top guys and moved himself down in the rankings.

that has to be what it is!

Gobbla2001
07-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I have to admit, that was a good one.:D

The snappin' sound was my spine when I read what you said...

I gotta call work and tell 'em I won't be back today after that one...

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 12:52 PM
The snappin' sound was my spine when I read what you said...

I gotta call work and tell 'em I won't be back today after that one...

slacker!

Adidas410s
07-13-2006, 12:52 PM

He should feel fortunate that he's even allowed on the field this fall! ;)

JasperDog94
07-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He should feel fortunate that he's even allowed on the field this fall! ;) My point exactly.

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
He should feel fortunate that he's even allowed on the field this fall! ;)

seriously!

sahen
07-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
supposedly this sunday, supposed to picking between Baylor and Florida, but u know how this stuff goes...they say they will pick one day and the day gets there and he doesnt pick...its still early so ur guess is as good as mine if he picks that day...

lostaussie
07-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

from smoaky.com

G.J. Kinne speaks about Baylor and Lennon Creer

Though a decision only seemed less than a month away, it appears G.J. Kinne hasn't moved his process along fast enough for one his finalists.

G.J. Kinne says that Florida now has a slight edge.
Baylor, who is a co-leader along with Florida, and their coaches have told the 6-foot-2, 207-pound three-star quarterback that he apparently didn't decide soon enough. Kinne says that they are now going to recruit other quarterbacks rather than wait on him for a decision.

"They just told me that they're looking somewhere else," Kinne said. "I don't know if I can still commit or what. I still like Baylor and am considering them but I think they're just tired of waiting on my commitment."

Kinne has been in Waco this past week visiting his dad, Gary Joe Kinne, who is a linebacker's coach at Baylor. That gave him the chance to speak with coach Guy Morriss about the recent development in recruiting.

Kinne mentioned that coach Morriss said a lot of quarterbacks were not highly interested in Baylor thinking that he was a lock to head to Waco.

"A lot of quarterbacks were scared off of my being the No. 1 guy, so I guess I'm not anymore," Kinne said.

Kinne says that the offer, from what he knows, remains on the table and he's keeping the Bears as his choice. However, he also recognizes the similarity between this and another recruiting scenario involving Texas and running back Lennon Creer.

"It's kind of like the Creer thing I guess," he said. "They gave him a deadline and he wasn't ready. I don't know if he wanted to commit, if he could. I guess I don't know either."

Kinne has a trip planned to Florida on July 21 which will be his last visit before making a decision. With the recent developments, the Gators have taken the lead.

"I guess Florida is kind of out in front now," he said. "Baylor is putting their preference somewhere else, so I guess Florida has an edge. I feel a lot of pressure. I'm a 17-year-old kid and it's a lot of pressure.

"I just don't know right now."

His decision timeframe looks to be before the summer comes to a close. Kinne says that when it feels like the right time, he'll "do it."

sahen
07-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Baylor is getting tired of waiting because if he really wanted to come to Baylor he'd have probably already commited, we have had this happen to us too much....just think of it this way, he either goes to Florida and probably sits until his senior year, probably wont even play, they have a 5 star true freshman there already or come to Baylor and play w/ your dad and start his sophomore year maybe even all 4 years....if he really wanted to go to Baylor then it wouldnt be that hard of decision to make.....the Bears just dont want to be left w/ no options on yet another player that strings them along.....

Fal44
07-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Doesnt Flordia Have a really good incoming QB..? I think his Name Is Tim Tebow or something.

Cameron Crazy
07-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Im pretty sure..Kinne cant play there.

sahen
07-13-2006, 05:47 PM
yah Tim Tebow is the 5 star i was referring too....and thats y Baylor basically told him we still want you but we have to pursue other options because if u end up not coming here we rnt going to be left with nothing....

lostaussie
07-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Im pretty sure..Kinne cant play there. and that is based on all the times you have seen him play:doh:

lostaussie
07-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Im pretty sure..Kinne cant play there. the ole chinese proverb...................sometimes better to not say nothing and look stupid, than say something and remove all doubt:D

Old Tiger
07-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Kinne wouldn't be able to play at Florida till his RS junior year or senior year pending the RS status. Tebow is an absolute beast at QB.

lostaussie
07-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Kinne wouldn't be able to play at Florida till his RS junior year or senior year pending the RS status. Tebow is an absolute beast at QB. and i would assume you have seen him play exactly 0 times also. i not saying he can play there or not. i could care less. but alot of jealous people want this kid to fail. i'm not like that to him or any kid from anywhere else. i want kinne to make the decision that he feels is right for him. not what we on a message board think. i have seen him play, have you?

gtownpoke
07-13-2006, 08:30 PM
from everything I've read on his situation he will probably play linebacker if he goes to a bigger school (Florida)

Old Tiger
07-13-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm not saying I don't want him to suceed nor am I saying that about anybody. All I'm saying is that Florida wouldn't be a wise decision unless you wanted to sit on the bench. I have not seen Kinne play but I have seen Tebow play. That guy is the real deal. If it wasn't for Leak being at Florida Tebow would be starting this year. I also am not saying anything bad about Kinne.

Haunta Yo
07-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Good to see Moye right below him, just to remind everyone...

Yep Kinne will easily have 1000 yds passing before Moye throws a varsity pass. I think he's gonna have to play 5 JV games as a Sr.

lostaussie
07-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
Yep Kinne will easily have 1000 yds passing before Moye throws a varsity pass. I think he's gonna have to play 5 JV games as a Sr. moye can still play though. one of the most amazing performances i have ever seen. i hope everything works out good for him.

Gobbla2001
07-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
and that is based on all the times you have seen him play:doh:

And you've seen him play how many times??? That one time, under his father, when he helped score 6,000 points against your boys (defense wins championships, not cheaters)???

from what I know he's a skinny guy, didn't know there was that much ass to kiss there...

He's not from Gilmer, he probably has bever had any relatives from Gilmer, he's probably only USING Gilmer to get him some rep from scouts ( I guess you can consider that as a compliment with the althletes you have coming back and not coming IN), prolly doesn't give a crap where he takes Gilmer, he's in it for his future... How can you take pride in a town you've lived in for less than a year?

Just come out straight forward and admit it, you guys know what in the hell is going on there... he moved to Gilmer for athletic purposes (read his mother's comments for crying outloud and do not dodge the evidence)...

It's like jason and 3afan2k3 posting on the downlow after being banned, IT'S OBVIOUS... :D ;) :p

Gobbla2001
07-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
moye can still play though. one of the most amazing performances i have ever seen. i hope everything works out good for him.

yah, Haunta Yo is only good at spelling words wrong, if he only knew that Moye did his 'time' on JV last year...

Haunta Yo
07-13-2006, 10:05 PM
yah, Haunta Yo is only good at spelling words wrong, if he only knew that Moye did his 'time' on JV last year...

Prtety good at UIL ruels, too. Not euongh 'tmie' yet...He has to wiat 1 calander yaer form the ennollmert dtae whcih was semotime in Oetobcr I guses? I asmuse taht maens he can paly JV unitl tehn?

(Pretty good at UIL rules, too. Not enough 'time' yet...He has to wait 1 calendar year from the enrollment date which was sometime in October I guess? I assume that means he can play JV until then?)

tigerpride_08
07-14-2006, 12:34 AM
terrence tolliver at 2nd is a joke...i mean hes good but not that good

tigerpride_08
07-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Statistics No Yds Avg TD TD/PR
2005 (Jr.) 26 515 22.4 6 3

not playmaking numbers...

big daddy russ
07-14-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
Have you played against him? I don't mean that as a dig, it's a serious question. I know he's the 10th-ranked prospect in the nation according to Rivals.

Haunta Yo
07-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Pieces in combination.
Chris Tate and Tolliver are going to cause some problems for 2A defenses.

Gobbla2001
07-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Prtety good at UIL ruels, too. Not euongh 'tmie' yet...He has to wiat 1 calander yaer form the ennollmert dtae whcih was semotime in Oetobcr I guses? I asmuse taht maens he can paly JV unitl tehn?

(Pretty good at UIL rules, too. Not enough 'time' yet...He has to wait 1 calendar year from the enrollment date which was sometime in October I guess? I assume that means he can play JV until then?)

Does he "have" to? I thought it was 1 to 3 'seasons' (depending on the district)... hell you may be right but I thought it was the other way around...

BTW, when you edited you forgot to edit your spelling, smart ass... ;) :D

lostaussie
07-14-2006, 09:17 PM
And you've seen him play how many times??? That one time, under his father, when he helped score 6,000 points against your boys (defense wins championships, not cheaters)???

from what I know he's a skinny guy, didn't know there was that much ass to kiss there...

He's not from Gilmer, he probably has bever had any relatives from Gilmer, he's probably only USING Gilmer to get him some rep from scouts ( I guess you can consider that as a compliment with the althletes you have coming back and not coming IN), prolly doesn't give a crap where he takes Gilmer, he's in it for his future... How can you take pride in a town you've lived in for less than a year?

Just come out straight forward and admit it, you guys know what in the hell is going on there... he moved to Gilmer for athletic purposes (read his mother's comments for crying outloud and do not dodge the evidence)...

It's like jason and 3afan2k3 posting on the downlow after being banned, IT'S OBVIOUS... :D ;) :p wow. i just read this. and from the guy that i nominated as poster of the year:( i don't take to much personal, but this one hurt. i'll just bite my tongue. doesn't matter anyway.

Haunta Yo
07-14-2006, 11:41 PM
Does he "have" to?

Yep, it looks like it's a calendar year.

(c) INELIGIBLE. A student who changes schools
for athletic purposes is not eligible to compete in
varsity League athletic contest(s) at the school to
which he or she moves for at least one calendar
year, even if both parents move to the new school
district attendance zone.

Old Tiger
07-15-2006, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08

He is there because;

6'4
185 lbs.
4.47 - 40

Not to mention is a state champion in long jumper.

Potential young buck

Gobbla2001
07-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Yep, it looks like it's a calendar year.

(c) INELIGIBLE. A student who changes schools
for athletic purposes is not eligible to compete in
varsity League athletic contest(s) at the school to
which he or she moves for at least one calendar
year, even if both parents move to the new school
district attendance zone.

Ah Gracias... :thumbsup: