PDA

View Full Version : Worst fans in West Texas

Snydertigersrul
07-12-2006, 09:58 PM
What school in West Texas have the worst fans?

Old Dog
07-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Wow, as Jerry Reed said, "hang onto you a$$ Fred"! This could be real interesting...............................

thewyliefan
07-12-2006, 10:49 PM
hmmmmm......i think im going to have to go w/ snyder:p

Ranger Mom
07-13-2006, 01:25 AM
With the experiences I have had over the years......and even though they are no longer in 3A......I would have to say Kermit!

MHSvarsity2007
07-13-2006, 01:35 AM
wylie....of course i am from merkel and they treat us like trailor trash on purpose.

injuredinmelee
07-13-2006, 07:42 AM
oh soooo not true.

pero chato
07-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
What school in West Texas have the worst fans?

Unfortunately, this question is skewed against Snyder. I'm sure most Snyder fans are normal as demonstrated by the posters on the downlow. However, as long as the Snyder ISD allows its fans to sit on the VISITORS side, I am forced to vote for Snyder as having the worst fans. Those who chose to sit with the opposing team's fans are suprisingly not the most intelligent folks and felt it necessary to scream, well, stupid remarks to our 17 and 18 year old kids for the entire game. Maybe if the crew that built the Mustang bowl would have made the short trip to Snyder and added more seating on the home side things would be better.

Phantom Stang
07-13-2006, 09:27 AM
I haven't attended games in West Texas on a regular basis, in many years. But back in the day, the worst fans were San Angelo Lake View IMO.

injuredinmelee
07-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
Unfortunately, this question is skewed against Snyder. I'm sure most Snyder fans are normal as demonstrated by the posters on the downlow. However, as long as the Snyder ISD allows its fans to sit on the VISITORS side, I am forced to vote for Snyder as having the worst fans. Those who chose to sit with the opposing team's fans are suprisingly not the most intelligent folks and felt it necessary to scream, well, stupid remarks to our 17 and 18 year old kids for the entire game. Maybe if the crew that built the Mustang bowl would have made the short trip to Snyder and added more seating on the home side things would be better.
yeah letting home fans on the visitor side is lack of class by the administration that allows it to happen.

Adidas410s
07-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
yeah letting home fans on the visitor side is lack of class by the administration that allows it to happen.

true...true...

Ranger Mom
07-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

That happened in Sweetwater in 2000 or 2001 I believe......all the students were on the visitors side. I was scared to death...some of them were downright mean.

Enter Kent Jackson....he took care of that problem IMMEDIATELY!!

Adidas410s
07-13-2006, 09:37 AM
though they aren't West Texas...I'm not a big fan of some of the fans in Graham. There is one guy in particular that nobody will buy season tickets around. They allow the new people in town to think "hey we can get great 50 yd line seats!!!" My parents got them their first year...we have since moved away from him. It takes a lot out of me every time I go to a Graham game to not tel this guy how much of a classless jerk he is...and his negative comments are mainly directed at the Graham players.

Black_Magic
07-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Unfortunately, this question is skewed against Snyder. I'm sure most Snyder fans are normal as demonstrated by the posters on the downlow. However, as long as the Snyder ISD allows its fans to sit on the VISITORS side, I am forced to vote for Snyder as having the worst fans. Those who chose to sit with the opposing team's fans are suprisingly not the most intelligent folks and felt it necessary to scream, well, stupid remarks to our 17 and 18 year old kids for the entire game. Maybe if the crew that built the Mustang bowl would have made the short trip to Snyder and added more seating on the home side things would be better. Cant help that Snyder Sells more home tickets than anyone else. If you sell out the home side and there are seats left on the other side ( that the other team could not sell ) then you seat them there. Its stupid to say a game is sold out when you have 1000 seats empty dont you think?

pero chato
07-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That happened in Sweetwater in 2000 or 2001 I believe......all the students were on the visitors side. I was scared to death...some of them were downright mean.

Enter Kent Jackson....he took care of that problem IMMEDIATELY!!

Coach Jackson made a trip to the visitors side as well last year during the Wylie game. But it all ended good!

Ranger Mom
07-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Coach Jackson made a trip to the visitors side as well last year during the Wylie game. But it all ended good!

I didn't mean that he came over there....but when he took the job, he put an end to the band and students sitting on the visitor side.

That was the most cops I had ever seen at a high school football game!

Ranger Mom
07-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Cant help that Snyder Sells more home tickets than anyone else. If you sell out the home side and there are seats left on the other side ( that the other team could not sell ) then you seat them there. Its stupid to say a game is sold out when you have 1000 seats empty dont you think?

I so disagree with that. Even if you are forced to seat your fans on the opposing teams side.....there is no reason for classless punk behavior!

pero chato
07-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Cant help that Snyder Sells more home tickets than anyone else. If you sell out the home side and there are seats left on the other side ( that the other team could not sell ) then you seat them there. Its stupid to say a game is sold out when you have 1000 seats empty dont you think?

You're joking, right? Snyder really sells more than anyone else? OK, why not add more seats on the home side if there is such a large ticket sale? In theory if there is a separate section on the visitors side for the home team, I could almost live with that. What I'm referring to is the fans who sit amongst the visitors section (and fans) screaming their stupid remarks, prompting Snyder's finest to stand guard duty.

Adidas410s
07-13-2006, 09:48 AM

Consider that most tickets are sold when people walk up to the game...there is no reason to be selling tickets on the other side of the stadium. That's just asking for trouble on the visitors side.

And I'm pretty sure that Wylie's home side holds more people than Snyder's...and it's always sold so I don't think Snyder is selling more home tickets than others.

Cameron Crazy
07-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Well other people would say us..But there isnt any other ones i dont think im not just going to say our rivals like other people.

Sweetwater Red
07-13-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't know about the fans. But, the dirtiest team I ever played
against...multiple times...was the Big Spring Steers.

Black_Magic
07-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Consider that most tickets are sold when people walk up to the game...there is no reason to be selling tickets on the other side of the stadium. That's just asking for trouble on the visitors side.

And I'm pretty sure that Wylie's home side holds more people than Snyder's...and it's always sold so I don't think Snyder is selling more home tickets than others.

#1) You dont turn away spectators at a Game when seats are left. You go to just about ANY College or Pro Game and you have spectators siting ALL OVER THE PLACE. Not Just on ONE side. SNYDER sold out every home game last year on the home side. Visitors NEVER sold out all of the tickets even though they were given plenty of time to Presell the tickes to the ENTIRE visitors side. It never happend. SO if the Home side is sold out you then open the visitors side to GENERAL ADMISSION. YOU CANT restrict someone from going up and Buying a ticket at a gate because they are or arnt wearing a particular school color. Snyder Has one of the largest visitor sides in the area when it comes to seating. Twice the size of Wylies visitor side BTW... You Cant turn people awaw from a game if there are empty general admision seats left to sell based on what color they are wearing......

#2)EVERY SCHOOL in the district last year had an opportunity to buy ALL the visitors side if they wanted to. This would prevent what your griping about but each school declined to do it. Not one school wanted to buy all of them. that would have been fine with snyder but not one school wanted to buy them all. So they were sold at the gate at game time. Dont like this? get more of your fans to the games. Otherwise If someone from snyder wants to see a tiger football game and the home side is sold out , then they will be able to buy one on the other side IF its availble at the other gate.

#3) I dont condone any behavior by anyone. I doubt the only people who acted rude were Snyder folks. Id bet there was crap both ways but then again thats Sports and life at modern day large sporting events. BUt I dont condone any poor behavior by any fan.

BTW Pero Chato, Im sure you dont mind the situation at Wylie .. HECK you have virtualy NO visitors section . Im sure you have the attitude of we got our side so you get yours. Whats funny is Wylie Insisted on having equal seating at sporting events for both sides in district play but what is funny about THAT is wylie could not do that in football games..:rolleyes:

Johnny Moxen
07-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Well, I would have to vote for Clyde, Merkel, Sweetwater and Wylie. No love lost among these schools for each other. While being a Wylie fan, I am sure that not everyone from Wylie has acted with character and exhibited sportsmanship.

However, Snyder takes it to a whole level. I've never seen any group of people try and represent themselves as a championship level program and immediately show their true colors by demonstrating the level of bottom feeders that they are. Merkel may be "lower income" and suspect of inbreeding, but Snyder is just plain trash. I was at the Wylie Snyder football game last year and there were plenty of empty seats on the Snyder side for their fans. If they don't want to hear the thoughts of the opposing teams fans, then don't sit on their side. I don't think Snyder will ever have to worry about Wylie not filling up the visiting team stands in any sport.

In addition, they do all they can to win including cheating on the playing field. And I am not just making unfounded acquisitions. How about utilizing a school board member and a paid teacher to ref JV/Freshman basketball games. Not that this level requires top officials, but you can go ahead and bring in paid refs like everyone else does that aren't associated to the school.

Sweetwater Red
07-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Well, I would have to vote for Clyde, Merkel, Sweetwater and Wylie. No love lost among these schools for each other. While being a Wylie fan, I am sure that not everyone from Wylie has acted with character and exhibited sportsmanship.

However, Snyder takes it to a whole level. I've never seen any group of people try and represent themselves as a championship level program and immediately show their true colors by demonstrating the level of bottom feeders that they are. Merkel may be "lower income" and suspect of inbreeding, but Snyder is just plain trash. I was at the Wylie Snyder football game last year and there were plenty of empty seats on the Snyder side for their fans. If they don't want to hear the thoughts of the opposing teams fans, then don't sit on their side. I don't think Snyder will ever have to worry about Wylie not filling up the visiting team stands in any sport.

In addition, they do all they can to win including cheating on the playing field. And I am not just making unfounded acquisitions. How about utilizing a school board member and a paid teacher to ref JV/Freshman basketball games. Not that this level requires top officials, but you can go ahead and bring in paid refs like everyone else does that aren't associated to the school.

For the record this is not my alter-ego.:D

Snyder_TigerFan
07-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
For the record this is not my alter-ego.:D

That was funny.:D

Just call me "trash" from now on.:rolleyes:

Adidas410s
07-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
That was funny.:D

Just call me "trash" from now on.:rolleyes:

You live in Abilene...so you're safe! :thumbsup:

pero chato
07-13-2006, 11:10 AM
#1) You dont turn away spectators at a Game when seats are left. You go to just about ANY College or Pro Game and you have spectators siting ALL OVER THE PLACE. Not Just on ONE side. SNYDER sold out every home game last year on the home side. Visitors NEVER sold out all of the tickets even though they were given plenty of time to Presell the tickes to the ENTIRE visitors side. It never happend. SO if the Home side is sold out you then open the visitors side to GENERAL ADMISSION. YOU CANT restrict someone from going up and Buying a ticket at a gate because they are or arnt wearing a particular school color. Snyder Has one of the largest visitor sides in the area when it comes to seating. Twice the size of Wylies visitor side BTW... You Cant turn people awaw from a game if there are empty general admision seats left to sell based on what color they are wearing......

#2)EVERY SCHOOL in the district last year had an opportunity to buy ALL the visitors side if they wanted to. This would prevent what your griping about but each school declined to do it. Not one school wanted to buy all of them. that would have been fine with snyder but not one school wanted to buy them all. So they were sold at the gate at game time. Dont like this? get more of your fans to the games. Otherwise If someone from snyder wants to see a tiger football game and the home side is sold out , then they will be able to buy one on the other side IF its availble at the other gate.

#3) I dont condone any behavior by anyone. I doubt the only people who acted rude were Snyder folks. Id bet there was crap both ways but then again thats Sports and life at modern day large sporting events. BUt I dont condone any poor behavior by any fan.

BTW Pero Chato, Im sure you dont mind the situation at Wylie .. HECK you have virtualy NO visitors section . Im sure you have the attitude of we got our side so you get yours. Whats funny is Wylie Insisted on having equal seating at sporting events for both sides in district play but what is funny about THAT is wylie could not do that in football games..:rolleyes:

I agree with #3 all the way. Your last comment is rather confusing--"Wylie insisted on equal seating"?? What does that mean? And "Wylie has virtually NO visitors section? I've never seen it sold out over there, including when Snyder was there. And for the record I don't have an attitude about anything. I have a suggestion-- if Snyder really sells more tickets, then they are making more money, so buy more bleachers for the home fans.

STANG RED
07-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Big Spring has to have the worst fans I've ever seen. You have never seen poor sportsmanship, till you've been to Big Spring. It's bad enough when you beat them, but if they actually beat you, it's even worse. I've never seen anything like it, anywhere else. You can almost excuse a sore looser, but their's nothing worse than a poor winner. Some Snyder fans are bad alright, but Big Spring has to take the cake.

DukeNukem
07-13-2006, 11:39 AM
no offense ranger mom, but the light show in greenwood is terrible to do after someone has just played their last game ever. this is not necessarily the fans, but my least favorite thing, BAND!!! i have witnessed two teams that were not making the playoffs have the lights turned off on them before the coach even finishes talking to them. greenwood should at least allow the other team to completely leave the field. i wonder if this light show will take place if greenwood ever misses the playoffs and their season comes to an end the night of the so called extravaganza?

Sweetwater Red
07-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
no offense ranger mom, but the light show in greenwood is terrible to do after someone has just played their last game ever. this is not necessarily the fans, but my least favorite thing, BAND!!! i have witnessed two teams that were not making the playoffs have the lights turned off on them before the coach even finishes talking to them. greenwood should at least allow the other team to completely leave the field. i wonder if this light show will take place if greenwood ever misses the playoffs and their season comes to an end the night of the so called extravaganza?

:confused:

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 12:13 PM
I say at any given time durning any given week for any given day... anybody can have the worst fans!

wordonthastreet
07-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Big Spring does have terrible fans. As far as trash talking and acting up as players, the Midland Christian, Big Spring, and Andrews players have not acted well in recent years. Word on the street.

CHS_CG
07-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by wordonthastreet
Big Spring does have terrible fans. As far as trash talking and acting up as players, the Midland Christian, Big Spring, and Andrews players have not acted well in recent years. Word on the street.

can every person on this board say they have never talked trash even a little bit about a player or a team or a coach??

football4life
07-13-2006, 01:52 PM
as a rivalry, i would have to say perryton, simply because of the intense dislike between us and them. As for entire west texas, i would have to say snyder, simply because i have no respect for their players or coaches. i have competed against snyder since junior high when i lived in seminole, and a couple of times in high school. not only are the players cocky, arrogant, and possessing poor attitudes, their coaches are the same. when i was a sophomore, we played snyder in the playoffs in baseball. in the lubbock avalanche journal was a quote from a player (dee walker if i'm not mistaken) stating how they were going to give us a good 'ol fashioned west-texas butt kicking. just ridiculous. we did proceed to sweep the series. the past two years at the snyder tournament, i have been really disgusted watching snyder play, from their bat and helmet throwing, to arguing with coaches and umpires, total disrespect for the other team from the players and fans. just my opinion. A. wylie has beaten me out in every sport, but i have always respected them for showing some resemblance of class after/during games.

Sweetwater Red
07-13-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm thinking the originator of this thread wasn't expecting this
type of response....:thinking:

Adidas410s
07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by football4life
as a rivalry, i would have to say perryton, simply because of the intense dislike between us and them. As for entire west texas, i would have to say snyder, simply because i have no respect for their players or coaches. i have competed against snyder since junior high when i lived in seminole, and a couple of times in high school. not only are the players cocky, arrogant, and possessing poor attitudes, their coaches are the same. when i was a sophomore, we played snyder in the playoffs in baseball. in the lubbock avalanche journal was a quote from a player (dee walker if i'm not mistaken) stating how they were going to give us a good 'ol fashioned west-texas butt kicking. just ridiculous. we did proceed to sweep the series. the past two years at the snyder tournament, i have been really disgusted watching snyder play, from their bat and helmet throwing, to arguing with coaches and umpires, total disrespect for the other team from the players and fans. just my opinion. A. wylie has beaten me out in every sport, but i have always respected them for showing some resemblance of class after/during games.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by football4life
in the lubbock avalanche journal was a quote from a player (dee walker if i'm not mistaken) stating how they were going to give us a good 'ol fashioned west-texas butt kicking.

Dee Walker didn't play baseball.

football4life
07-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Dee Walker didn't play baseball.

my fault, it was the centerfielder from from the 2004 season

Snydertigersrul
07-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Black Magic is right, Snyder sells out the home side in season tickets. In fact, unless you held tickets last year, you can't purchase reserve tickets. Except for Sweetwater and Wylie, the visiting team rarely fills half of the stands at Tiger Stadium. Why keep people away with you have ample sitting available, even on the visitor's side.

Black_Magic
07-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Dee Walker didn't play baseball. I can here the Homer simpson "Dohw!" come after I read that. De walker didnt play baseball.
Look Snyder Seats 5700 in Tiger stadium. About 3000 on the home side. Bottom line is this. EVERY team has the oportunity to Buy every ticket that the visitors side has to offer. THey Never do. The home side was sold out every home game last year in tiger stadium. THe only variable was student section there could have been 100 125 not taken in that section but all other general admision or reserved seats were presold before every game. THe Biggest problem acording to the police last year was between the Sweetwater fans who showed up at the Snyder vs Wylie game and the Wylie fans. aparently police had to get involved:rolleyes: No Snyder Fans were a problem

Pero Chato I was talking about The Wylie Demand to have equal seatiing for the visiting teams in district contest in all sports ( EXCEPT FOOTBALL).. WONDER WHY THEY DIDNT WANT IT TO APLY TO FOOTBALL???:thinking: maybe because the visitors side at Wylie seats about 1300 while the home side seats over 3500 from what im told. Im saying its a double standard when it comes to seating at sporting events. Look, I do know this, IF your coming to snyder to play and you dont want ANY Snyder Fans to sit on the visitors side then its simple. Have you school Buy ALL the General Admission tickes on the visitors side. It will be expensive for your school but if you want to sit on the other side without an almost equal amount of Snyder Fans over there with you its your only alternative:rolleyes: We dont turn away folks who want to see a game just because the visitors dont sell out the visitors side. the home side at snyder is already about 400-500 seats larger than the visitors side.

pero chato
07-14-2006, 09:23 AM
I can here the Homer simpson "Dohw!" come after I read that. De walker didnt play baseball.
Look Snyder Seats 5700 in Tiger stadium. About 3000 on the home side. Bottom line is this. EVERY team has the oportunity to Buy every ticket that the visitors side has to offer. THey Never do. The home side was sold out every home game last year in tiger stadium. THe only variable was student section there could have been 100 125 not taken in that section but all other general admision or reserved seats were presold before every game. THe Biggest problem acording to the police last year was between the Sweetwater fans who showed up at the Snyder vs Wylie game and the Wylie fans. aparently police had to get involved:rolleyes: No Snyder Fans were a problem

Pero Chato I was talking about The Wylie Demand to have equal seatiing for the visiting teams in district contest in all sports ( EXCEPT FOOTBALL).. WONDER WHY THEY DIDNT WANT IT TO APLY TO FOOTBALL???:thinking: maybe because the visitors side at Wylie seats about 1300 while the home side seats over 3500 from what im told. Im saying its a double standard when it comes to seating at sporting events. Look, I do know this, IF your coming to snyder to play and you dont want ANY Snyder Fans to sit on the visitors side then its simple. Have you school Buy ALL the General Admission tickes on the visitors side. It will be expensive for your school but if you want to sit on the other side without an almost equal amount of Snyder Fans over there with you its your only alternative:rolleyes: We dont turn away folks who want to see a game just because the visitors dont sell out the visitors side. the home side at snyder is already about 400-500 seats larger than the visitors side.

I'll try to be brief. Selling out the visitors side will NOT stop the rogue fans from coming to the visitors side. They go to the games to stir up trouble and heckle the opposing team. Since it's general admission and a free country, folks can sit where they choose, even on their opponent side. They were sitting there long before the home side was filled up, so they were not the overflow crowd. I was at the game in question, and yes there were some Snyder fans causing trouble, along with the Sweetwater and Wylie fans. My point all along has been, why mix fans and purposely set up the potential for trouble? Schools are not going to waste money buying out the visitors side because it won't stop the problem. Only the host school can fix it by making it a policy.
Next point, the Wylie stadium seats over 7,000, and I've never seen the visitors side overflowing--somewhat full, but never overfull. I still don't understand the "Wylie demand" for equal seating for visitors in sporting events. There appears to be adequate seating for everyone everywhere at every event (except for the visitors side of a few stadiums) What is missing here? Has the "Wylie demand' forced other schools to build new facilities? Give me a break!
And finally, after the game I congratulated the Snyder fans on a great game and wished them luck in the playoffs. Guess what?! They were very friendly and wished us luck as well! People never cease to amaze me.

Black_Magic
07-14-2006, 09:58 AM
I'll try to be brief. Selling out the visitors side will NOT stop the rogue fans from coming to the visitors side. They go to the games to stir up trouble and heckle the opposing team. Since it's general admission and a free country, folks can sit where they choose, even on their opponent side. They were sitting there long before the home side was filled up, so they were not the overflow crowd. I was at the game in question, and yes there were some Snyder fans causing trouble, along with the Sweetwater and Wylie fans. My point all along has been, why mix fans and purposely set up the potential for trouble? Schools are not going to waste money buying out the visitors side because it won't stop the problem. Only the host school can fix it by making it a policy.
Next point, the Wylie stadium seats over 7,000, and I've never seen the visitors side overflowing--somewhat full, but never overfull. I still don't understand the "Wylie demand" for equal seating for visitors in sporting events. There appears to be adequate seating for everyone everywhere at every event (except for the visitors side of a few stadiums) What is missing here? Has the "Wylie demand' forced other schools to build new facilities? Give me a break!
And finally, after the game I congratulated the Snyder fans on a great game and wished them luck in the playoffs. Guess what?! They were very friendly and wished us luck as well! People never cease to amaze me. I have a question. Have you ever been to a college football game? ever seen fans from different teams sit on the same side? of course you have if you have been to ANY tech game you see tech fans sitting ALL over the place. WHY IS THAT? its an easy answer. Because they are buying General admision seating. Its how things work. So let me get this straight. You think that Fans should be turned away from a game when there are un sold General admision seats available???? IF thats the way you thing then your not very realistic . On a note about the Snyder Wylie Game. ALL the seats on the home side were sold out. The only seats left empty were a few in the JR high and HS student section. those are not seats open to be sold to the public. Every available seat to the public was sold out prior to the Wylie Snyder Game So the only place a Fan could sit that wanted to buy a ticket at game time was on the visitors side. Again. IF A visitor does not like ANY Snyder fans on the visitors side its Simple. BUY ALL THE VISITORS TICKES..:rolleyes: Otherwise folks just have to get along. Maybe if Wylie folks would not make comments about the fans siting on " thier side" there would not be as much problem:rolleyes: People have to get along at college sporting events why not at HS events

As far as the DEMAND wylie made about equal seating at sporting events ( except football of course ;) ) It happened. Aparently they wanted to make sure the had enough room for thier fans

pero chato
07-14-2006, 10:50 AM
I have a question. Have you ever been to a college football game? ever seen fans from different teams sit on the same side? of course you have if you have been to ANY tech game you see tech fans sitting ALL over the place. WHY IS THAT? its an easy answer. Because they are buying General admision seating. Its how things work. So let me get this straight. You think that Fans should be turned away from a game when there are un sold General admision seats available???? IF thats the way you thing then your not very realistic . On a note about the Snyder Wylie Game. ALL the seats on the home side were sold out. The only seats left empty were a few in the JR high and HS student section. those are not seats open to be sold to the public. Every available seat to the public was sold out prior to the Wylie Snyder Game So the only place a Fan could sit that wanted to buy a ticket at game time was on the visitors side. Again. IF A visitor does not like ANY Snyder fans on the visitors side its Simple. BUY ALL THE VISITORS TICKES..:rolleyes: Otherwise folks just have to get along. Maybe if Wylie folks would not make comments about the fans siting on " thier side" there would not be as much problem:rolleyes: People have to get along at college sporting events why not at HS events

As far as the DEMAND wylie made about equal seating at sporting events ( except football of course ;) ) It happened. Aparently they wanted to make sure the had enough room for thier fans

As usual, you did NOT get it straight. I have never suggested that fans be turned away if seating is available. Apparently you disagree with my point that buying out the visitors side will NOT stop certain fans from sitting on their opponents side. They live to cause trouble, this is what they do. It has nothing to do with buying tickets at the gate and having the home side sold out before game time. Fine, we will agree to disagree. There is nothing inherently wrong with home team fans sitting on the visitors side in their OWN section. Some schools have bands that sit on the visitors side. My ONLY point of contention has been the home fans that intermingle with the visiting fans and scream stupid remarks during the entire game at 17 year old kids.
Moving on to the so called Wylie demand, again, I ask has this forced any school to build new facilities? Has it ever occured to you that maybe Wylie requested additional seating for its fans? Is that really unreasonable? Why didn't Wylie do this for football you ask? Well maybe they know that doubling the visitors section at some of the smaller schools is unreasonable. Although Clyde has added bleachers in the past after Wylie ASKED, not demanded. And again, the Wylie's visitor section has never been overflowing, so there isn't an issue there.
I'm searching for at least one thing I can agree with you on and I found it. "People have to get along at college sporting events, why not at HS events?" On that, my friend, I'm with you 100%.

Black_Magic
07-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Moving on to the so called Wylie demand, again, I ask has this forced any school to build new facilities? Has it ever occured to you that maybe Wylie requested additional seating for its fans? Is that really unreasonable? Why didn't Wylie do this for football you ask? Well maybe they know that doubling the visitors section at some of the smaller schools is unreasonable. Although Clyde has added bleachers in the past after Wylie ASKED, not demanded. And again, the Wylie's visitor section has never been overflowing, so there isn't an issue there.
I'm searching for at least one thing I can agree with you on and I found it. "People have to get along at college sporting events, why not at HS events?" On that, my friend, I'm with you 100%. Wylie wanted seats in all the other events for equal seating for its fans. The point im trying to make its this. If your going to ask for that to be a District Rule then you make it that way in ALL of the sporting events. Snyder folks had to be turned away at a couple of basket ball game this year because of the NEW RULE ( that WYLIE insisted on ). Yes, it was for Wylie folks to have more seats at away games. BUT thats a little hypocritical when you look at it as a whole when you consider huge difference between the home an visitors sides at the Wylie stadium. No wonder they didnt want it to apply to Football games.:rolleyes: I would realy have a hard time asking that of fellow district foes with a straight face.

Snyder_TigerFan
07-14-2006, 11:09 AM
To address a few of your points...

Apparently you disagree with my point that buying out the visitors side will NOT stop certain fans from sitting on their opponents side.
While I don't agree that the visiting team should have to buy out the visitor section, I do see how it would fix the problem. If all of the tickets have been purchased, then how are the home team fans going to get in? (Short of driving to the city and buying a ticket?)

They live to cause trouble, this is what they do.

There are fans like that in every town. I cannot believe that Snyder's "troublesome" fans are any worse than fans from other towns.

There is nothing inherently wrong with home team fans sitting on the visitors side in their OWN section. Some schools have bands that sit on the visitors side. My ONLY point of contention has been the home fans that intermingle with the visiting fans and scream stupid remarks during the entire game at 17 year old kids.
And that is what they do. I have had to sit on the visitor side on several occasions. Maybe I'm not the "most intelligent" as you have insinuated or maybe the "trash" coming out in me (as Johnny Moxen posted), but when the home side is sold out, what else can I do? I want to see the game. Snyder fans always sit around the 20 yd line in the first section of seats as you walk into the stands. Not the best seats, but hey, we're on the vistor side and can't expect to sit on the 50yd line. I have never seen Snyder fans intermingled with the vistor side.

Just my http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/images/smilies/twocents.gif

Adidas410s
07-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Wylie wanted seats in all the other events for equal seating for its fans. The point im trying to make its this. If your going to ask for that to be a District Rule then you make it that way in ALL of the sporting events. Snyder folks had to be turned away at a couple of basket ball game this year because of the NEW RULE ( that WYLIE insisted on ). Yes, it was for Wylie folks to have more seats at away games. BUT thats a little hypocritical when you look at it as a whole when you consider huge difference between the home an visitors sides at the Wylie stadium. No wonder they didnt want it to apply to Football games.:rolleyes: I would realy have a hard time asking that of fellow district foes with a straight face.

Wait??? What's that??? Your whining??? Couldn't be! ;)

Even if Wylie ASKED for it...didn't the other schools have to agree to it? What's that??? Yes...yes they DID agree on it! They could have all said "nope sorry" and then Wylie was SOL. Also, what school has EVER filled up Wylie's visitor side in football? Is there a need for them to build additional seating on that side? Sweetwater came close to filling it up a few times but there were always seats still available.

You can stop your whining about Wylie now because you aren't around to be the 2nd place team in the district across the board. Go play in your weak district where you can brag about being undefeated in district (woohoo...:rolleyes: ) before losing early in the playoffs and watching Wylie and Sweetwater advance further than you. It's ok...I'm sure you're used to it by now! :thumbsup:

Black_Magic
07-14-2006, 11:15 AM

Even if Wylie ASKED for it...didn't the other schools have to agree to it? What's that??? Yes...yes they DID agree on it! They could have all said "nope sorry" and then Wylie was SOL. Also, what school has EVER filled up Wylie's visitor side in football? Is there a need for them to build additional seating on that side? Sweetwater came close to filling it up a few times but there were always seats still available.

You can stop your whining about Wylie now because you aren't around to be the 2nd place team in the district across the board. Go play in your weak district where you can brag about being undefeated in district (woohoo...:rolleyes: ) before losing early in the playoffs and watching Wylie and Sweetwater advance further than you. It's ok...I'm sure you're used to it by now! :thumbsup: No whinnig needed in We have the bragging rights . We know how to beat wylie and have had there number for the time being. No disrespect for Wylie . THey are the best 4A school in all of 3A no doubt.

DU_stud04
07-14-2006, 11:18 AM

You can stop your whining about Wylie now because you aren't around to be the 2nd place team in the district across the board. Go play in your weak district where you can brag about being undefeated in district (woohoo...:rolleyes: ) before losing early in the playoffs and watching Wylie and Sweetwater advance further than you. It's ok...I'm sure you're used to it by now! :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pero chato
07-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Wylie wanted seats in all the other events for equal seating for its fans. The point im trying to make its this. If your going to ask for that to be a District Rule then you make it that way in ALL of the sporting events. Snyder folks had to be turned away at a couple of basket ball game this year because of the NEW RULE ( that WYLIE insisted on ). Yes, it was for Wylie folks to have more seats at away games. BUT thats a little hypocritical when you look at it as a whole when you consider huge difference between the home an visitors sides at the Wylie stadium. No wonder they didnt want it to apply to Football games.:rolleyes: I would realy have a hard time asking that of fellow district foes with a straight face.

So now Wylie insisted on the equal seating rule? Does Wylie make policy for the entire district? I believe the other schools just might may have a vote, too. I would tell Wylie to go jump in a lake if they started demanding stuff from my school.
OK and final word on the Wylie stadium. So what if the home side is twice the size of the visitors? The visitors side has NEVER been overflowing. IT IS SUFFICIENT for any and all schools including the visiting 4As.
I avoid basketball games so I can't address the turning away of visiting fans. You can have my seat on the home side ; - )

pero chato
07-14-2006, 11:41 AM
To address a few of your points...

While I don't agree that the visiting team should have to buy out the visitor section, I do see how it would fix the problem. If all of the tickets have been purchased, then how are the home team fans going to get in? (Short of driving to the city and buying a ticket?)

There are fans like that in every town. I cannot believe that Snyder's "troublesome" fans are any worse than fans from other towns.

And that is what they do. I have had to sit on the visitor side on several occasions. Maybe I'm not the "most intelligent" as you have insinuated or maybe the "trash" coming out in me (as Johnny Moxen posted), but when the home side is sold out, what else can I do? I want to see the game. Snyder fans always sit around the 20 yd line in the first section of seats as you walk into the stands. Not the best seats, but hey, we're on the vistor side and can't expect to sit on the 50yd line. I have never seen Snyder fans intermingled with the vistor side.

Just my http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/images/smilies/twocents.gif

You're right, all schools have their troublesome fans, not just Snyder. I would never call anyone at Snyder "trash" - and the only unintelligent ones are the ones I addressed earlier, and we have them, too, trust me. I would like to clarify one thing if I may. I will concede a little on the point of buying out the visitors side to reduce some of the problem. However it is still possible for fans to purchase tickets on the home side and walk over to the visitors side. Since it's general admission, I guess you can sit where you like. I've had to sit on the visitors side several times, too, but I keep my comments to myself and tried to sit off to the side. Last year, there were Snyder fans intermingled with the Wylie fans. A group sat directly behind me yelling all night. After the game I swallowed my pride and congratulated them on the big win, and to my surprise, they were very cordial. I wish they were that way the whole game.

thewyliefan
07-14-2006, 12:21 PM
i remember when i was a sophmore the last we played sweetwater at bulldog stadium there was a little pack of sweetwater fans sitting on the wylie side, and every time i walked by they were laughing and having a good talk with all the wylie fans around them

lostaussie
07-14-2006, 12:22 PM
And the winner of the worst fans in west Texas award goes to

ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cause ya'll have pretty much covered everybody:D

Sweetwater Red
07-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
And the winner of the worst fans in west Texas award goes to

ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cause ya'll have oretty much covered everybody:D

Wait...now I hear those Gilmer fans can get a little rowdy....

OK, now that's everybody...:D

lostaussie
07-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Wait...now I hear those Gilmer fans can get a little rowdy....

OK, now that's everybody...:D not me..........i just stay sat down and quiet the whole game:D

Snydertigersrul
07-14-2006, 01:58 PM
The Snyder and Wylie game the sweetwater fans got into with the wylie fans during that game because our chief of police was called over there.Thier was no snyder people involved with it.Sweetwater started that one.There is going to be alot of trash talking at a football game.There is nothing that can be done.When we played sweetwater my wife went into mcdonalds rest. after the game to get something to eat.A fan from sweetwater stopped her at the door and her something then followed her to her car.Thank GOD nothing happened and i hope that nothing ever badly happens to any one else.There is one school that i have alot of respect for well two Andrews and wylie.

Ranger Mom
07-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by DukeNukem
i wonder if this light show will take place if greenwood ever misses the playoffs and their season comes to an end the night of the so called extravaganza?

Of course it will. Parents night and the light show are always done on the last home game of the season. I guarantee you, there has been times when that was Greenwood's last game and it didn't matter.

Most of the time, it's only the band parents that are in the stands anyway....I have never stayed and watched one of the light shows.

I do agree that the "show" should wait until both football teams have completely exited the field.

BMOC
07-15-2006, 12:00 AM
No whinnig needed in We have the bragging rights . We know how to beat wylie and have had there number for the time being. No disrespect for Wylie .

You definitely have the braggin rights for now, but as far as having our number? I think the overall record from all sports between these two schools shows who has who's number.

DU_stud04
07-15-2006, 12:10 AM
The Snyder and Wylie game the sweetwater fans got into with the wylie fans during that game because our chief of police was called over there.

so this all started cause of the chief of police? :confused:

do you pay attention to what you type at all?:doh:

DU_stud04
07-15-2006, 12:13 AM
When we played sweetwater my wife went into mcdonalds rest. after the game to get something to eat.A fan from sweetwater stopped her at the door and her something then followed her to her car.Thank GOD nothing happened and i hope that nothing ever badly happens to any one else.There is one school that i have alot of respect for well two Andrews and wylie.

sry bout what happened to your wife, even though i dont know what happened besides they followed her to the car....

some people have zero respect and are real jerks, too bad every town has them, i wish we could lock all of ours up.:thinking: :D