Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer

Took up the option on Bassy Telfair
Took up the option on Gerald Green
Took up the option on Delonte West
Took up the option on Al Jefferson
Signed Allen Ray
Acquired Theo Ratliff...

are they being overlooked?
Wow. I didn't even know they had Ratliff or Telfair.

I'm still up in the air on Telfair running the point, but he can score with the best of them. My biggest question is will he become another Jason Terry or another DaJuan Wagner? But with all that young talent at the point (Rajon Rondo, West and Telfair), someone will emerge.

Al Jefferson's already starting to come into his own even though he's barely 21. Between Jefferson, Kendrick Perkins, and Theo that should be one of the best frontcourts in the league. Perkins and Ratliff are both hosses on D, and Jefferson may be developing into a Jermaine O'Neal-type of threat to go alongside Paul Pierce.

After his first few months in the front office, I thought Danny Ainge was an idiot. Now, he just may prove to all of us that he's a better chess player than he lets on.

District303aPastPlayer
07-13-2006, 12:16 AM
The Roster for next year

Tony Allen
Ryan Gomes
Brian Grant
Gerald Green
Al Jefferson
Dwayne Jones
Kendrick Perkins
Paul Pierce
Theo Ratliff
Allan Ray
Rajon Rondo
Brian Scalabrine
Wally Szczerbiak
Sebastian Telfair
Delonte West

Boston Harold Article (http://celtics.bostonherald.com/otherNBA/view.bg?articleid=147281)

Celts exercise options on four vets, sign Ray
By Herald wire services/ NBA notes
Friday, July 7, 2006 - Updated: 07:21 AM EST

The Celtics announced yesterday that they exercised the team options on the contracts of forward Al Jefferson and guards Delonte West, Gerald Green and Sebastian Telfair. The four players are now signed with the team through the 2007-08 season.
Jefferson and West were first-round picks in 2004, Green was the C’s top pick in 2005 and Telfair was acquired from Portland last month.
The C’s also officially signed free agent Allan Ray, a 6-foot-2 guard out of Villanova. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

DU_stud04
07-13-2006, 01:42 AM

Took up the option on Bassy Telfair
Took up the option on Gerald Green
Took up the option on Delonte West
Took up the option on Al Jefferson
Signed Allen Ray
Acquired Theo Ratliff...

are they being overlooked?

buy....oh wait were not playing that game....

i believe they are being over looked, i see them making some noise these next few years.

District303aPastPlayer
07-26-2006, 12:28 PM
and now they have Pittsnoggle

Blastoderm55
07-26-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure how the team will do, but their sofa looks sweet! (http://www.thefanschoice.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_65&products_id=260&zenid=133bdde8f3d1273686fc16260bbf73f7)

3afan
07-26-2006, 12:45 PM
they'll be middle of the road

Gobbla2001
07-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Let's start taking bets now on:

How many 3adownlow posters will jump on the Boston bandwagon if they improve next season?

I say three... but we'll allow time to submit final answers so contestants can keep their eyes opened for possible jumpers...

3afan
07-26-2006, 12:51 PM
they're in Boston - no one in Texas cares about them except transplants

District303aPastPlayer
07-26-2006, 12:56 PM
ill start following them because of Bassy... thats about it.

LH Panther Mom
07-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

How many 3adownlow posters will jump on the Boston bandwagon if they improve next season?

I say three... but we'll allow time to submit final answers so contestants can keep their eyes opened for possible jumpers...

ill start following them because of Bassy... thats about it.
There's one. :D

Old Tiger
07-26-2006, 01:06 PM
Spurs vs. Heat Finals...

SPURS WIN!!!! SPURS WIN!!!!

I see it now.....:nerd:

eagles_victory
07-26-2006, 01:10 PM
ill start following them because of Bassy... thats about it. yea me too but i dont think they will be that good a lot of the guys you named are NBA unproven. Ive never been a Paul Pierce fan the guy just doesnt strike me as a winner for some reason. I wish they would trade Bassy to Cleveland but I doubt thats gonna happen but I hope he does awesome in Boston

District303aPastPlayer
07-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There's one. :D

ive followed Bassy since he was at Lincoln High in Coney Island. Dude was in the 8th grade bein profiled by SLAM magazine... and was the first PG from NY to jump straight to the League from HS. Went to Portland for a year or two... held it down... lets see what he does in boston

eagles_victory
07-26-2006, 01:13 PM
ive followed Bassy since he was at Lincoln High in Coney Island. Dude was in the 8th grade bein profiled by SLAM magazine... and was the first PG from NY to jump straight to the League from HS. Went to Portland for a year or two... held it down... lets see what he does in boston He didnt really fit in at Portland it was time for a change. What do you think Bostons starting lineup will be?

Adidas410s
07-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

I can claim rights to them...all of mom's family is around the Boston area so I've always claimed the Patriots and Red Sox because I've rooted for them since I was a little kid. Never really followed the Celtics cuz I'm not a huge NBA fan...but I can jump on the bandwagon and then talk my way past being a bandwagon fan! ;) Not that I am a "new fan" with the Red Sox...but when I meet somebody from Boston and they see my hat and say "so are you a true Sox fan"...all I have to do is drop down the New England family heritage...and I'm accepted!

pirate4state
07-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
they're in Boston - no one in Texas cares about them except transplants That's not true. Well at least not for this Texan. Kevin McHale & Danny Ainge were my favorite players and I guess with the NBA dominated by Celtic/Laker games I just picked the Celtics b/c my brother was a Lakers fan. :D :) I miss those days. *sigh*

eagles_victory
07-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Im not jumping on the bandwagon im just following a player. I became on fan on draft night when they got Telfair just like I did a few years ago when the Cavs got Lebron. I follow these 2 guys career I wouldnt call it jumping the bandwagon

District303aPastPlayer
07-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
He didnt really fit in at Portland it was time for a change. What do you think Bostons starting lineup will be?

Pierce, Ratliff, Bassy, Al and Delonte

big daddy russ
07-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Pierce, Ratliff, Bassy, Al and Delonte
I don't know, if Kendrick can stay healthy he'll push AJ for a starting spot. Not a natural PF, but he could play it and give them a little more size.

I also think Sczerbiak starts at SF, pushing Bassy into a sixth-man role for now.

And remember those words: FOR NOW.

I can promise you that their starting lineup on opening night won't be anything close to what it looks like in the 82nd game.

maestro
07-26-2006, 04:02 PM
young, talented, but proven( ? ) winners????

If we were playing 3 on 3 tourneys....yes, but as it stands now...nope.
Still behind the rest.