PDA

View Full Version : Who wins first? El Paso or The Valley

KTJ
07-12-2006, 04:24 PM
For some reason, I always root for a team from The Valley or El Paso to do well during both football and basketball seasons. I don't know why it is either. I have no connections whatsoever to either area but I would like to see a State Championship come from one of the two.

So...who wins a State Championship first?

big daddy russ
07-12-2006, 04:32 PM
I really think the Valley has some good teams at the 3A and 4A levels. EP hasn't shown up much at any level, so I'll go with the Valley, although I think EP may be slightly stronger overall.

Sweetwater Red
07-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I really think the Valley has some good teams at the 3A and 4A levels. EP hasn't shown up much at any level, so I'll go with the Valley, although I think EP may be slightly stronger overall.

El Paso is primarily 5A schools...huh?:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
07-12-2006, 04:39 PM
The Valley... two words: Bradley Stephens...

big daddy russ
07-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
El Paso is primarily 5A schools...huh?:thinking:
They have a bunch of 4A schools, too, and I'd group the Ft. Stockton/Tornillo 3A District as a district with mostly El Paso teams. I don't know enough about six-man ball, but I know Ft. Davis is out in that general direction, so I'd assume there are also some six-man teams out that way.

injuredinmelee
07-12-2006, 04:53 PM
I have to go Valley.

injuredinmelee
07-12-2006, 04:53 PM
and i am going to make it a priority to go see the Stephens kid. I need to see for myself whether it is just the competition he is facing or if he is legit.

big daddy russ
07-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
and i am going to make it a priority to go see the Stephens kid. I need to see for myself whether it is just the competition he is facing or if he is legit.
I know they play Victoria Memorial September 2 at the Texas Football Classic in the Alamodome. The Vipers should be decent and that's a little closer for you than the Valley, but at the same time it's the first game of the season and they're still shaking off the rust.

Bull Butter
07-12-2006, 05:12 PM
McAllen Memorial Mustangs Schedule
Sep 2----Victoria Memorial-----Alamodome
Sep 8----PSJA North------------Home
Sep 15--Brownsville Pace------Away
Sep 22--PSJA---------------------Home
Sep 30--Sharyland--------------Home
Oct 6---Rio Grande City--------Away
Oct 13--McAllen------------------Home
Oct 20--La Joya------------------Away
Oct 27--Nikki Rowe--------------Home
Nov 3-- Donna-------------------Away
Nov 10-Open

When attending a Mustangs game, expect a shoot out because their defense is horrible:eek:

District303aPastPlayer
07-12-2006, 05:13 PM

search on youtube for bradley stephens.. they will have videos..

tigerpride_08
07-12-2006, 05:14 PM
El Paso...we had a baseball team come this year...El Paso Socorro...and like they ended up ranked top 5 in baseball for 5A...

IHStangFan
07-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
They have a bunch of 4A schools, too, and I'd group the Ft. Stockton/Tornillo 3A District as a district with mostly El Paso teams. I don't know enough about six-man ball, but I know Ft. Davis is out in that general direction, so I'd assume there are also some six-man teams out that way. yeah, there comes alot of 6-man state champs from that area...wasnt it Sanderson what kicked tail not too far back?

big daddy russ
07-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yeah, there comes alot of 6-man state champs from that area...wasnt it Sanderson what kicked tail not too far back?
Yeah, but is Sanderson technically considered 'El Paso?' I don't think I'd include Ft. Davis in that group, but maybe the people out there think otherwise.

Bull Butter
07-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Believe it or not, Sanderson is actually closer to San Antonio than El Paso

Haunta Yo
07-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
So...who wins a State Championship first?

The Valley does...I mean DID!

1961 Donna Redskins
2A State Champions
Donna 28 - Quanah 21

Haunta Yo
07-12-2006, 08:08 PM

He looks OK to me. Just like the kid from Hanna a few years ago.
Drop him in the metroplex, Houston or East Texas and you probably don't notice him very much.

Can you imagine Demitri Nance or Vondrell McGee getting 250 carries in the valley?