PDA

View Full Version : MySpace and the MLB Draft

neck_06
07-12-2006, 11:00 AM
This is some stuff I ran across on the web. Crazy

The Mets are "conducting an investigation" into some inappropriate comments posted on the Web site MySpace.com by **********, their sixth-round pick (184th overall) in Tuesday's draft, a person familiar with the situation said yesterday.

Team officials didn't find any red flags in their predraft interviews with the 18-year-old righthander, and ***** even pitched for Pasadena (Texas) Memorial High, which is located in the hometown of Mets director of amateur scouting Rudy Terrasas. The club also was concerned that ***** used a Mets logo in his profile and referred to himself as a member of the team, even though he is unsigned.

the Mets’ sixth-round pick, had to settle for a below-slot $150,000 after posting himself on MySpace.com in a Mets cap, and espousing vulgar things. What he said was objectionable enough for well-respected agent Matt Sosnick to drop him as a client.

i have taken out the player's name because he is a friend of mine. i played with him or two summers. he is not a bad guy at all. just said some things that he thought that wouldn't be seen by anyone, and they were. i wish him the best, and i hope he can get through this and that the Mets don't hold it against him. this just goes to show that the professional teams check out EVERYTHING before they sign guys out of high school.