PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France - Stage 10

Phil C
07-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Today is the first mountain stage and it gets brutal. I expect the riders to take it easy because they need a day to adjust from flatlands to mountains. There are 7 escapees however with about 35 miles to go and they are 10'50" ahead of the peloton. I think they will be caught but we will see. The main contenders will probably start to come to the front now but I don't see a large difference between them this first mountain stage day. I think the most significant stages that will decide the race will be stages 15 to 17. But we should have a great one today.

Phil C
07-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I don't think any of the 7 escapees are real contenders so the peloton might let them go. We will see.

Phil C
07-12-2006, 09:06 AM
One of the escapees Desel might get the yellow jersey if they can hold off the peloton which is still almost 11 minutes behind with 30 miles to go. However, I don't think he is considered a favorite but I look for the peloton to close the gap considerable since it won't want any surprises. We will see. Excitement begins to mount indeed.

Phil C
07-12-2006, 09:55 AM
The escapees are now only 15 miles from the finish. The peloton is 9'35" behind. I don't think the peloton will catch them now but they will probably close the gap though.

Phil C
07-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Juan Miguel Mercado wins the stage. Dessell gets second place but will get the yellow jersey. The favorites are getting ready for the push soon I am sure. Floyd Landis is still doing well and is in fifth place.

Sweetwater Red
07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
What is the Peloton?