PDA

View Full Version : G-P27,Sinton7

sinfan75
09-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Turnovers killed Sinton.GP finally wore Sintons defense down in the 4th.

Sintonz_Wrecken
09-05-2003, 10:56 PM
WOW....i thought sinton was gonna come out pumped afther the half but injurys and turnovers KILLED them...G-P played good they RUN alot though guess they dont have much faith in the pass...BIG one next week against rice....

sinfan75
09-05-2003, 11:02 PM
Franco got hurt very early inthe game didn't he.Also noticed threadgill was out too.Wish Sinton would have thrown more 1st and 2nd down.Looked like they had better success throwin than runnin.

PhiI C
09-05-2003, 11:03 PM
It was a well played game. Both teams got fumbles but G-P too advantage of theirs to get the scores. Sinton could have held it to a respectable 13 point loss but they were behind and had to gamble with 40 seconds left and gave G-P a quick td.

eye of the tiger
09-05-2003, 11:13 PM
Tough loss guys. Hope the injured players are back by district. I have no doubt the Pirates will put it together before long.

aamove
09-05-2003, 11:17 PM
eye of the tiger:
Tough loss guys. Hope the injured players are back by district. I have no doubt the Pirates will put it together before long.Well, said. Sinton has a good program.

Sintonz_Wrecken
09-05-2003, 11:18 PM
Yah thell Pull it together...Just got to get mentaly in to the game...there defense is good just careless mistakes kill them...yea franco got injured...and clint had a concusion...There a Young team & will get it together

sinfan75
09-05-2003, 11:18 PM
I thought Sinton's D did a good job.I liked the QB.thatwas the first time I'd seen him play.I guess one of these days they'll let him throw the ball more on 1st and 2nd.Maybe then he won't have so much pressure and he can complete some passes.

pirate4state
09-06-2003, 12:01 AM
Tough loss, I hope the injured players recover before they get back on the field. It feels very weird to be 0-2, after the last couple of seasons the Pirates have had. frown

SintonFan
09-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Tough loss Pirates. Keep your chin up. This next week won't be any easier, but yall will be OK no matter what.

3ABirdMan
09-06-2003, 12:17 AM
pirate4state:
.... It feels very weird to be 0-2, after the last couple of seasons the Pirates have had. :(AMEN! BC also. We could both start the year 0-3! But I know that Sinton will be in the hunt come play-off time. You can't keep a good program down, and you guys have one.

Old Green
09-06-2003, 01:18 AM
Keep your head up Pirates. You guys will gel. I hope your injured players were not seriously hurt.

sinton66
09-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Actually, we lost three starters in this game. Top RB Franco (injured knee), Safety & Punt Returner Threadgill (injured ankle), and LB P.J. Salone(injured ankle).

75 is right, OC's 2nd half game plan left a lot to be desired. When the "O" catches up with the "D", Sinton's gonna be a decent team. The "D" was stuffing G-P most of the night. G-P did not actually "drive" the ball on us at all after we stopped them at the 50 on their first possession, and three of their four scores were gifts from Sinton's "O".

Vrabird
09-06-2003, 09:45 AM
Just can't afford to give the ball to a team like GP inside your 30 yard line to start the game and the second half with fumbles. Any team with a decent offense has a good chance to score and change the whole momentum of the game. Sinton is young and will eventually get it together for district. Keep your heads up and get the injuries healed for the games that count! Go Pirates.

PhiI C
09-06-2003, 03:00 PM
The Sinton QB is young and will be a good one but lack of experience showed last night because I know of at least two plays where our receivers were wide open for an easy touchdown but the ball was not delivered or overthrown. Those two tds could have made a difference in the game. Not that I want to take anything away from G-P though but it did happen.

Sintonz_Wrecken
09-06-2003, 03:30 PM
The Injurys for sinton were...Pj Rolled his ankle sumthin like that...Clint and Marshall both had concussions...Travis hyperextended his knee and dustin had 18 stitches on his right hand

Sintonz_Wrecken
09-06-2003, 03:32 PM
what day does sinton play rice...one of the players told me thursday?

PhiI C
09-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Yes it is Thursday in Victoria at 7:30 P.M. Sinton will probably be the visitors on the west side since we were the home team last year.

the tigers are back
09-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Hey what stadium will you'll be playing in,i would love to drive to see that game ;and i never seen Sinton play a game yet. I hope i can get some feedback on that old Pirate. :rolleyes:

Sintonz_Wrecken
09-06-2003, 07:46 PM
More then likely in VICTOIA MEMORIAL stadium