PDA

View Full Version : Archaeologists: We Found Noah's Ark

Gobbla2001
07-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Would post the whole story but it has links to pictures and stuff so just go to the page...

I wonder if they'll find a unicorn around there...

---

Exploring more than 13,000 feet high in the rugged Elburz mountain range northwest of Tehran, a team of archaeologists from Texas believe they have found the remains of Noah's Ark. "I can't imagine what it could be if it is not the Ark," Arch Bonnema of the Christian-based Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration (Base) Institute, told ABC News. (click link for more)

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/whatsnew/recent.jsp?story=20060630-0847&floc=NI-ntk2

pirate44
07-11-2006, 12:43 PM
outstanding:clap:

Sweetwater Red
07-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
outstanding:clap:

So, this should end all doubt that there is a God?

Just speeding up the thread to where it's gonna end up anyway.:(

pirate44
07-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
So, this should end all doubt that there is a God?

Just speeding up the thread to where it's gonna end up anyway.:(
i didnt know that was in question.

Sweetwater Red
07-11-2006, 12:54 PM
i didnt know that was in question.

In my life it's not. But, I'm not naive enough to think that there isn't a large number of athiests out in world.

pirate44
07-11-2006, 12:56 PM
does this thread infringe on your belief of there not being a God? uh oh, here we go again. nice knowing you, thread. you werre a good thread while you lasted

Sweetwater Red
07-11-2006, 01:06 PM
does this thread infringe on your belief of there not being a God? uh oh, here we go again. nice knowing you, thread. you werre a good thread while you lasted

For the record...I believe in god. My point was directed towards the
non-believers. There can't be any doubt to his existance once
they start discovering things such as Noah's ark.

pirate4state
07-11-2006, 01:08 PM
they start discovering things such as Noah's ark. Are there non-believers on THIS board??? :eek: :eek: :thinking:

CHS_CG
07-11-2006, 01:09 PM
thats amazing

pirate44
07-11-2006, 01:13 PM
maybe it was just an old guy wanting to go out fishing for about 40 years cuz he was being nagged by his wife. :D

SnyTigBaseB07
07-11-2006, 01:17 PM

There shouldnt be any doubt anyways, if it takes the discovery of the ark to convince you odds are youre not gonna fair so well judgement day

did you know that there are over 300 prophecies in the bible that have come true?

and that there have been over 1500 scientific and archeologic finds that support the bible, yet not a single find to disprove it

i learned that in youth ministry training at UT, it was fun

pirate44
07-11-2006, 01:18 PM
maybe it was just an old guy wanting to go out fishing for about 40 years cuz he was being nagged by his wife. :D
oops. over shot it. make that 40 days :D

Blastoderm55
07-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07

did you know that there are over 300 prophecies in the bible that have come true?

Are you referring to the Bible Code? Man, those A&E specials are hilarious. People can find whatever they want to find as long as they shift a character in the matrices over a bit and go backwards diagonal.

For the record, I believe in Him (http://venganza.org). :D

SnyTigBaseB07
07-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Haha well the bad thing about prophecies or predictions are that they can be skewed to fit a particular situation, but i think that destruction of towns and the fact that the crucifixion of jesus was predicted waaaaay before jesus was born and way before crucifixion was a method of punishment, so i dunno, people can skew things but sometimes things like that are dead on no way can you misinterpret something as specific as that, know what i mean?

Sweetwater Red
07-11-2006, 01:25 PM
This I didn't know.

"and that there have been over 1500 scientific and archeologic finds that support the bible, yet not a single find to disprove it "

Well, what leg do all these whack jobs have to stand on when
they get on these cable news shows and and denounce God and
religion its self?

pirate44
07-11-2006, 01:28 PM
on a different note, how bout that Ark discovery?! ;)

SnyTigBaseB07
07-11-2006, 01:29 PM
This I didn't know.

"and that there have been over 1500 scientific and archeologic finds that support the bible, yet not a single find to disprove it "

Well, what leg do all these whack jobs have to stand on when
they get on these cable news shows and and denounce God and
religion its self?

My personal opinion on the people who want to get up and talk about the "non existent reality of god" are all people who just dont want to believe that maybe they dont control everything, theyre normally the people tha thave to be in control of every aspect of life, and when they realize that God controls things and that they only have the choice to either follow gods will or deviate, they get scared, and they defend themselves and their beliefs which leads to people denouncing god and saying that he isnt real

Blastoderm55
07-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Well, much as in the case of subatomic particles, people aren't going to believe they exist until they can see it. But there were microscopes for that, so maybe some day there will be more proof to sway those who've chosen not to believe. Personally, I chose not to believe due in part to all the stupid crap that happens in the name of religion. Not to mention, the same people who claim to be virtuous and religious are also religious in their attending of strip clubs and other actions that completely degrade people. I admire people like my grandparents who live the life 100%, though I disagree with their puritanical view that dancing is sexual and therefore a sin. Ah well, I believe what I want, and so do others. I can live with that.

Sweetwater Red
07-11-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
My personal opinion on the people who want to get up and talk about the "non existent reality of god" are all people who just dont want to believe that maybe they dont control everything, theyre normally the people tha thave to be in control of every aspect of life, and when they realize that God controls things and that they only have the choice to either follow gods will or deviate, they get scared, and they defend themselves and their beliefs which leads to people denouncing god and saying that he isnt real

:clap: :D

Sweetwater Red
07-11-2006, 01:38 PM
We are half way through page two and it hasn't been closed yet.:D

Does that mean we're doing something right? :thinking:

Cameron Crazy
07-11-2006, 01:41 PM
yeah if im in on it..:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Did you all know that God was a Democrat?

pirate44
07-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Did you all know that God was a Democrat?

was...??? are you insinuating he switched to the republican party? :D ;)

pirate4state
07-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Did you all know that God was a Democrat? LMAO!

pirate4state
07-11-2006, 01:46 PM
was...??? are you insinuating he switched to the republican party? :D ;) :doh:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-11-2006, 01:57 PM
was...??? are you insinuating he switched to the republican party? :D ;)
Hahaha, touche. :clap:

Gobbla2001
07-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Ha, I liked that one BBDE and 44, that was greatness...

I told some of the hard-core christian folk at work about this after lunch, they did their talking about it etc... and one said something along the lines of "but with what the bible tells us about 'faith' in God, do you think he'd want us to have actual physical evidence?" both I talked to agreed that he'd much rather us have an invisible faith in God without having that physical evidence...

Interesting I say, interesting...

With a find like this it would be hard to say "well, it's this, and has nothing to do with what has been said in the bible!"

But when consideringu all of the other 'finds' it is quite simple to see why it would be questioned, other things line up along side of the bible teachings (without such physical evidence as an Ark 13,000 feet up in the air)... that means if you have that faith in your belief of the bible etc... you should also understand that others have a frame of mind that works different and has some pretty decent evidence to back their belief, so don't go denouncing as if you are the holy of all holy humans, you have to understand their side is not too hard to believe in itself...

AggieJohn
07-11-2006, 06:23 PM
as a laidback, non-advasive in your face christian, i feel that this find is great for the faith, however, i don't hinge any outcome based upon it. We could find Jesus' Poop, doesn't mean that i'm going to get all WOWY WOW WOW about it.

Gobbla2001
07-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
as a laidback, non-advasive in your face christian, i feel that this find is great for the faith,

That's the thing, after listening to the co-workers discuss it, and knowing a little bit about the bible myself, this would kind of go against faith... having faith is believing in something without being able to see it etc... this you can pretty much see and say "wow, that's another part of the bible that was right"...

But that's just me you could be right ha

AggieJohn
07-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
That's the thing, after listening to the co-workers discuss it, and knowing a little bit about the bible myself, this would kind of go against faith... having faith is believing in something without being able to see it etc... this you can pretty much see and say "wow, that's another part of the bible that was right"...

But that's just me you could be right ha

well i think that finding something definate doesn't make my faith 10X more stronger, it just proves that i know i am right

Gobbla2001
07-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
well i think that finding something definate doesn't make my faith 10X more stronger, it just proves that i know i am right

Well yes, for those with faith, but a christian's goal these days is to reach people (witness whatever) that do not have that faith... so that means there are people out there without faith... so if seeing this brought them in to the world of christianity I'd still feel God would want them to have faith... in my opinion evidence like this could 86 faith for newcomers...

Gobbla2001
07-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Well yes, for those with faith, but a christian's goal these days is to reach people (witness whatever) that do not have that faith... so that means there are people out there without faith... so if seeing this brought them in to the world of christianity I'd still feel God would want them to have faith... in my opinion evidence like this could 86 faith for newcomers...

by this I'm not saying it's right or wrong, not saying they should do this, hell I wish I were up there researching this I enjoy it... just thought it was an interesting topic and brought it up...

pirate44
07-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Ha, I liked that one BBDE and 44, that was greatness...

I told some of the hard-core christian folk at work about this after lunch, they did their talking about it etc... and one said something along the lines of "but with what the bible tells us about 'faith' in God, do you think he'd want us to have actual physical evidence?" both I talked to agreed that he'd much rather us have an invisible faith in God without having that physical evidence...

Interesting I say, interesting...

With a find like this it would be hard to say "well, it's this, and has nothing to do with what has been said in the bible!"

But when consideringu all of the other 'finds' it is quite simple to see why it would be questioned, other things line up along side of the bible teachings (without such physical evidence as an Ark 13,000 feet up in the air)... that means if you have that faith in your belief of the bible etc... you should also understand that others have a frame of mind that works different and has some pretty decent evidence to back their belief, so don't go denouncing as if you are the holy of all holy humans, you have to understand their side is not too hard to believe in itself...

to me, there isnt a "blind faith" per se.
He said "let there be light..birds in the sky, fish in the sea...etc." and viola, here the stuff is. right before our very eyes. he told his people of a savior, His beloved Son. and what do ya know, there for "us" to see and touch and talk to. there really hasnt been too much God has asked us to believe in without physical evidence.

actually im more excited about the find archeologically, than religiously.