PDA

View Full Version : By Special Invitation Only!!!!

Ranger Mom
07-10-2006, 09:35 PM
WOW!!

Just checked my mail and I have been "cordially invited to engage in an exclusive personal preview of "THE CLIFFS" resort nestled high above the pristine water of Possum Kingdom Lake " (Evidently, this limited time offer is extended to a select group of qualified candidates whose lifestyle matches their world class private community)!

As their "Thank You" for my valuable time, I will be honored with a complimentary set of Custom-Fitted Callaway Golf Big Bertha Irons!!

WOO HOO....I'm just gonna jump right on that doncha know!!

:p :p :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hawkfan
07-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
WOW!!

Just checked my mail and I have been "cordially invited to engage in an exclusive personal preview of "THE CLIFFS" resort nestled high above the pristine water of Possum Kingdom Lake " (Evidently, this limited time offer is extended to a select group of qualified candidates whose lifestyle matches their world class private community)!

As their "Thank You" for my valuable time, I will be honored with a complimentary set of Custom-Fitted Callaway Golf Big Bertha Irons!!

WOO HOO....I'm just gonna jump right on that doncha know!!

:p :p :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whats the catch?

Ranger Mom
07-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Whats the catch?

Well, for one thing...that is WAY out of my league. I am more of a pitch a tent by the lake kind of girl.

The other is, I HATE GOLF!!!!!

lostaussie
07-10-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm just gonna jump right on that doncha know!!

sometimes i just don't know how to take you:D

Ranger Mom
07-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
sometimes i just don't know how to take you:D

Okay...ya got me there....what do ya mean??

hawkfan
07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Well, for one thing...that is WAY out of my league. I am more of a pitch a tent by the lake kind of girl.

I've seen these promotional things before. You get a free weekend and stuff but you have to bring two people, and the second person has to pay full price.

Snyder_TigerFan
07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I got the same thing in the mail last week, but I threw it in the trash. What's the old saying, "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is"?

Emerson1
07-10-2006, 10:13 PM

You should do it, and give the clubs to me.

football4life
07-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You should do it, and give the clubs to me.

word. especially considering i just had my brand new ones stolen.:mad:

bobcat1
07-11-2006, 05:11 AM
You go over there and listen to their spill about the resort and lots. First they want to check your credit to see if you can buy anything. I told them I wasn't going to buy, just wanted my clubs. They lost interest in me and wouldn't give me my clubs. J.A.'s:foul:

STANG RED
07-11-2006, 07:06 AM
I had a friend that did it a few years back, just to get the clubs. He got his clubs, but he and his wife said it was one of the worst experiences of their lives. You have to go on this 4+ hour tour and HARD SELL of properties. When the sells people finally get it through their thick heads that your not going to buy, they treat you like crap, and try to make you feel guilty for even taking the clubs. It was a fairly nice set of clubs, but he said it wasnt worth it at all.

CenTexSports
07-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I have done it twice at White Bluff at Lake Whitney a sister program to The Bluffs. They are both beautiful places and a good way to get away for a day. Both times I told them that I just could not see doing it while my kids were in college.

The clubs that they are giving away are now retailing for $499. Even if you hate golf, you can sell them on ebay for $300 plus. They are the best irons I have ever had.

If you don't like sales pressure (both times that I went, if was very mild), don't go but if you can say no then take a nice ride to PK and have a fun day.

injuredinmelee
07-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Much better places to visit at PK. THe cliffs does have great golf though.

Ranger Mom
07-11-2006, 09:06 AM
If they wanna try the hard sell on me, they are gonna have to find something more enticing than "Big Bertha Golf Clubs"!:D

Adidas410s
07-11-2006, 09:11 AM
I have been meaning to go take this tour. I can talk a big enough game to make them think I am interested in the property. When it comes time to check my credit I will simply tell them, I can get a better rate by financing through Graham National Bank (drop a few names from my days there) or by going through USAA...so you aren't viewing my credit history. I can make a sales person feel like a jerk when the time comes if they get too pushy with me. I'll simply tell them, my friends and I are considering this as a potential "long term investment" (which buying land in Young and Palo Pinto counties would be if you have watched their land prices skyrocket) but that you're arrogant attitude over a second rate property was a really big turn off for me. I think I'll call back the guys down at LBJ and Lake Austin instead. They were much easier to work with.

Thank you for the new golf clubs! :thumbsup: Heck...maybe I'll do it this Saturday. This gives me a good excuse to go home to Graham anyways! ;)

Ranger Mom
07-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
[B

Thank you for the new golf clubs! :thumbsup: Heck...maybe I'll do it this Saturday. This gives me a good excuse to go home to Graham anyways! ;) [/B]

Did you get a special invitiation too??

Adidas410s
07-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Did you get a special invitiation too??

I don't think you have to have one. They used to advertise this same thing in the Abilene paper. They have been doing this since I was a kid.

bobcat1
07-11-2006, 01:34 PM
NO! They want to check your credit before you even go. I told them I knew what my score was and if I was interested I would then give my credit information. They told me in no way could I come. I said see ya! I love playing the Cliffs, but I wouldn't spend all day for a set of clubs I can get on EBay for $300.

Cameron Crazy
07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Rm....The Cliffs is a very nice restort.

Cameron Crazy
07-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Considering i live about 10 minutes from PK.

panther power
07-11-2006, 03:20 PM
rangermom, please give me the clubs if u go.....pl,pl,pl, please....

Chief Woodman
07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
I've done this twice before. No credit check, no hard sell and got the clubs. (Callaways once, Taylor Made the second time). Both were nice experiences for me. Even got a nights stay on property at a later date for $50.

Ranger Mom
07-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Rm....The Cliffs is a very nice restort.

Oh well....I wasn't planning on going. I have family that live in a really nice house there!!

Adidas410s
07-11-2006, 04:01 PM
dang it...you have to be 30 years old to go take the tour. Only 7 more years to go! :D