PDA

View Full Version : Who Goes Deeper...?

tigerpride_08
07-10-2006, 09:10 PM
out of the 5 3a's who qualified for state...who will go deeper into the tourny?

CORRECTION...Graham is the Canyon Vote...im sorry..

Ranger Mom
07-10-2006, 09:48 PM
I was almost scared to click on this thread and see what it was about!:p

pirate4state
07-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I was almost scared to click on this thread and see what it was about!:p :evillaugh I was laughing before I opened it....:evillaugh

Look here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46779) for more laughs. :p

big daddy russ
07-10-2006, 10:28 PM
WO-S seems like the more 'ready-made team' for 7-on-7. It's all about skill talent there, although Wharton and Canyon will also be tough.

Cameron Crazy
07-10-2006, 10:30 PM
How in the heck is Graham winning this one this is such a joke!:D

wedo
07-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Honestly 7on7 is great and its good to qualify for state but its not everything!! And by that i mean just b/c you qualify for state in 7on7 does not mean you will have a deep playoff run and im sure everyone knows that! And im not bashing anyone !! I've just seen it myself!! I follow 4a teams in my area and last year Bay City made to the final in 7on7 but went 5-6 and lost in the first round!! Look at La Marque how many times have they qualified in 7on7 and look at the playoff runs they have had!!!

Adidas410s
07-11-2006, 08:56 AM
I think that Graham has a chance to do well because of the type of offense that they run. They are pretty much running an offense that is like a 7-on-7 offense already...so they don't have to make a big transition. Also, if they can learn to run the "Tech style" by using the formations/schemes to get guys open and gain yardage...then they can do very well. They don't have the size and athleticism of many of the other schools...but they can use their system to win ball games.

WOS1
07-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by wedo
Honestly 7on7 is great and its good to qualify for state but its not everything!! And by that i mean just b/c you qualify for state in 7on7 does not mean you will have a deep playoff run and im sure everyone knows that! And im not bashing anyone !! I've just seen it myself!! I follow 4a teams in my area and last year Bay City made to the final in 7on7 but went 5-6 and lost in the first round!! Look at La Marque how many times have they qualified in 7on7 and look at the playoff runs they have had!!!

The last time LaMarque won state they had a deep run in 7 on 7 too.

BUT, I agree with you, 7 on 7 is just that 7 on 7. It is not any kind of indicator of how well the REAL football team will do. You made a good example with BC doing well in 7 on 7 then flopping in the real season. Another example is Cinco Ranch. They won 7 on 7 in 2002, but had a losing record in the real season and did not even make the playoffs.

There are also some teams that did translate to the real season... in 1998 South Lake Carrol won the 7 on 7 and went deep into the playoffs.

2000 Celina won 7 on 7 AND the real state title as well.

Bottom line, you really can't judge how well a team will do, good or bad, by 7 on 7.

wedo
07-11-2006, 04:01 PM
exactly what i was trying to say!!!!