PDA

View Full Version : Board Personalities

Bullaholic
07-10-2006, 03:42 PM
I know many posters have frequented multiple HS football boards over the years, and in that time have run across some really interesting, and in some cases, outrageous board personalties. Who are some of the more memorable/forgettable ones you have run across?

I remember on the old "pig"---PPStatebound....and he is still as "outrageous" today as he was then. I remember that when I first got on the DLow, I asked PPHSFan if he was the same guy as PPStatebound and I think he almost had a hemmorrage.

Cameron Crazy
07-10-2006, 03:48 PM
I have to say i might have some personalities on diff boards.

Bullaholic
07-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I have to say i might have some personalities on diff boards.

Don't want you to blow your "cover", Cameron. I just would like to hear some of the stories about the famous antics of posters from all boards over the years. Biggest "trash" talkers, etc.
I always liked the story that RM tells on this board about the poster she disagreed with, and he put up an avatar of a dog "peeing" on her name on here.

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I always liked the story that RM tells on this board about the poster she disagreed with, and he put up an avatar of a dog "peeing" on her name on here.
Paintball :D

IHStangFan
07-10-2006, 03:59 PM
I kinda miss the Leon morning show.

Then theres KTJ, Mr. "I'm so hung up on UT, my entire life revolves around taking shots at A&M, OU & anyone that doesnt see it my way" probably an interesting guy once you get past the inmaturity of that whole thing...

Big Daddy Russ....the walking stat book

Bullaholic bantering back and forth w/ myself all season....hes a funny guy

just to name a few

Bullaholic
07-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

That's the guy! And LHPM, I went back and looked at some of the past posts of "sans couth"....he was funny, also.

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2006, 04:06 PM
There are a few Wimberley folks on tpx that can really get "going". ;)

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 04:08 PM
The Pig these days is dominated by urbuddha and PaulAtt. It's just a political battle between buddha's spamming of anti-Bush articles (and never defending their accusations when he gets called out) and PaulAtt's talk about the Constitution Party. Those guys...especially buddha...can really get to ya!

There was somebody on the old Pig though that I just loved as a great source of information. Let me go play with the search feature for a bit. I think the poster was "bildad."

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2006, 04:09 PM
And LHPM, I went back and looked at some of the past posts of "sans couth"....he was funny, also.
Yeah, he was quite the character.

How about Polysemus? :eek: :eek: :doh:

Bullaholic
07-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The Pig these days is dominated by urbuddha and PaulAtt. It's just a political battle between buddha's spamming of anti-Bush articles (and never defending their accusations when he gets called out) and PaulAtt's talk about the Constitution Party. Those guys...especially buddha...can really get to ya!

There was somebody on the old Pig though that I just loved as a great source of information. Let me go play with the search feature for a bit. I think the poster was "bildad."

Yep, bildad knows a lot of Texas HS football, and I think maybe his dad, also.

Old Tiger
07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
The Randolph Rohawks fans on the 2a boards at THSF.com are pretty wild.

pirate44
07-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Phil_C will always be the most recognizable and imitated personalities i've seen.

Bullaholic
07-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
Phil_C will always be the most recognizable and imitated personalities i've seen.

:D

Chris Hart
07-10-2006, 04:14 PM

How about Polysemus? :eek: :eek: :doh: Don't forget about GoOrange...:D

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 04:17 PM

he's never truly imitated...unless you count PhiI C that is! ;)

Bullaholic
And Mandy......

Adidas410s
Yep, bildad knows a lot of Texas HS football, and I think maybe his dad, also.

do you know bildad? I don't remember where he was from but I want to say it was the Ballinger area. I must be getting old! :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
07-10-2006, 04:19 PM
do you know bildad? I don't remember where he was from but I want to say it was the Ballinger area. I must be getting old! :rolleyes:

Can't reemember where he was from, I just remember swapping posts with him when Buck had the "pig".

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Can't reemember where he was from, I just remember swapping posts with him when Buck had the "pig".

I think he was the poster that I respected more than anybody on there. Heck...I think it was soph or jr of HS when I found the Pig thanks to the OL coach at Wylie. I saw him reading it one day during class so he wrote down the link to the site...it's been all downhill since then! :thumbsup:

Emerson1
07-10-2006, 04:26 PM
jason was pretty cool

Ranger Mom
07-10-2006, 04:31 PM
Can't forget Mean Machine.

One other truly missed poster is "eye of the tiger"!

pirate4state
07-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Can't forget Mean Machine.

One other truly missed poster is "eye of the tiger"! :thumbsup: Where the heck is EOTT??

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
jason was pretty cool
pretty cool or kinda cool? :thinking: :thinking: :confused:

pirate44
07-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thumbsup: Where the heck is EOTT??
who's that?

Ranger Mom
07-10-2006, 04:35 PM
pretty cool or kinda cool? :thinking: :thinking: :confused:

LOL!

pirate4state
07-10-2006, 04:37 PM
pretty cool or kinda cool? :thinking: :thinking: :confused: like kool-aid cool? :cool:

pirate4state
07-10-2006, 04:38 PM
who's that? Eye of the Tiger

Bullaholic
07-10-2006, 04:42 PM
I remember "groups" of posters mentioned who were "memorable"---the Burnet folks during their run, Boyd, and some of the younger Cuero posters for a time.

sinton66
07-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I kinda miss the Leon morning show.

Then theres KTJ, Mr. "I'm so hung up on UT, my entire life revolves around taking shots at A&M, OU & anyone that doesnt see it my way" probably an interesting guy once you get past the inmaturity of that whole thing...

Big Daddy Russ....the walking stat book

Bullaholic bantering back and forth w/ myself all season....hes a funny guy

just to name a few

I hate to tell ya this, but KTJ RARELY starts the bashing. It's usually in defense of UT because of somebody else's bashing.

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 04:45 PM
I went and did some browsing through the old Pig and came up with a few more names...

Coug78 - Abilene Cooper fan who lived in DFW
MADDAWG2001 - from Ballinger...good guy who ALWAYS WROTE IN CAPS ;)
GSquared - who can forget this guy??? Heck...he's still post padding on the old Pig :rolleyes:
SuperBull - met him a few years back...he's a coach somewhere but I can't think of where for the life of me. G can tell ya! :thinking:

olddog73
07-10-2006, 04:46 PM

At least Paintball left his dog when he retired

:D :D

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6177/bulldog6ji.gif (http://imageshack.us)

DU_stud04
07-10-2006, 04:47 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
07-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by olddog73
At least Paintball left his dog when he retired

:D :D

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6177/bulldog6ji.gif (http://imageshack.us)

olddog....folks would probably stand in line to 'buy" that avatar. :D

olddog73
07-10-2006, 04:53 PM

Several of us Burnet guys take turns tending to the dog:)

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 04:59 PM

I was thinking of what I would put in the line of fire. A superman
emblem of the same color as the dogs....... :thinking: :D

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I hate to tell ya this, but KTJ RARELY starts the bashing. It's usually in defense of UT because of somebody else's bashing.

true...true...

KTJ
07-10-2006, 05:02 PM

Wow. Please, tell me how you really feel?

If that's how you view me and my personality, then you really don't know me at all.

olddawggreen
07-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by olddog73
Several of us Burnet guys take turns tending to the dog:)

Yes we do:D

IHStangFan
07-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I hate to tell ya this, but KTJ RARELY starts the bashing. It's usually in defense of UT because of somebody else's bashing. you cant seriously expect me to believe that...look at the guy's sig line! LOL

IHStangFan
07-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Wow. Please, tell me how you really feel?

If that's how you view me and my personality, then you really don't know me at all. (shrug) never claimed I knew you. Just observing and commenting.

wildstangs
07-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Coug78 posts over on the LittleSWC site. SuperBull is actually around San Angelo now..I think he is at Christoval or one of those small 1A schools. Peruna was a good one on the old pig. You can go to the pig now and read maybe one related football post. The rest are political.

KTJ
07-10-2006, 09:13 PM
(shrug) never claimed I knew you. Just observing and commenting.

That's a brash observation, if you ask me. As much as I've made statements about UT, A&M, or OU, I don't think anyone has really taken it personally.

Even AggieJohn and I banter back and forth, but I don't think I'd ever make a comment about him like you made about me. Do I have a generalization about YOU and others that I've made up due to this board? Of course. It it anything harsh? No.

But to each his own, I guess...

IHStangFan
07-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
That's a brash observation, if you ask me. As much as I've made statements about UT, A&M, or OU, I don't think anyone has really taken it personally.

Even AggieJohn and I banter back and forth, but I don't think I'd ever make a comment about him like you made about me. Do I have a generalization about YOU and others that I've made up due to this board? Of course. It it anything harsh? No.

But to each his own, I guess... sorry I hurt your feelings KTJ, but again, just an observation, nothing personal.

KTJ
07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
sorry I hurt your feelings KTJ, but again, just an observation, nothing personal.

I'm pretty sure you didn't hurt my feelings. It's an internet message board...not middle school. (Granted, in middle school I was the one hurting other people's feelings...which, now that I look back on it, was kinda dumb on my part.)

I just fail to see the rationalization in your analysis and how you base it as "immature".....that's all. Others on this board have said far worse, but no one commented/complained about them.

But as I said earlier--to each his own.

IHStangFan
07-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I'm pretty sure you didn't hurt my feelings. It's an internet message board...not middle school. (Granted, in middle school I was the one hurting other people's feelings...which, now that I look back on it, was kinda dumb on my part.)

I just fail to see the rationalization in your analysis and how you base it as "immature".....that's all. Others on this board have said far worse, but no one commented/complained about them.

But as I said earlier--to each his own. how do i rationalize it?? dude, look at your sigline UT Superfan #1, it consumes you while on the board...it IS your board personality....and thats all I was saying. Does that really give me a glimpse of who you are? No, not really....but that wasn't my origional point. The point was, we were discussing unforgetable board personalities/characters....and you, in my mind stick out as the "UT Rules, everyone else sucks" crusader....and that is all. so quit taking it so hard and personal and then come in here, saying "its not big deal" and trying to paint me as irrational. Nothing against you personally, I'm sure you're an intelligent guy and probably fun to be around and whatnot, but your board personality is a bit annoying at times, and you do come off as inmature, especially w/ your sigline being a testiment to how OU is UT's REAL rival and blah blah blah...come on man...but that works for you and makes you stand out from the rest. Go with it man...but don't let it bother you when the casual observer points it out. Cheers! :kiss:

Maroon87
07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
I crack up on the Pig when burnet44 and Nicholi get going back and forth over some issue or another. I think maybe they've called a truce because they haven't gotten into it lately.

District303aPastPlayer
07-10-2006, 10:21 PM
how do i rationalize it?? dude, look at your sigline UT Superfan #1, it consumes you while on the board...it IS your board personality....and thats all I was saying. Does that really give me a glimpse of who you are? No, not really....but that wasn't my origional point. The point was, we were discussing unforgetable board personalities/characters....and you, in my mind stick out as the "UT Rules, everyone else sucks" crusader....and that is all. so quit taking it so hard and personal and then come in here, saying "its not big deal" and trying to paint me as irrational. Nothing against you personally, I'm sure you're an intelligent guy and probably fun to be around and whatnot, but your board personality is a bit annoying at times, and you do come off as inmature, especially w/ your sigline being a testiment to how OU is UT's REAL rival and blah blah blah...come on man...but that works for you and makes you stand out from the rest. Go with it man...but don't let it bother you when the casual observer points it out. Cheers! :kiss: .

and it was me.

Cameron Crazy
07-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Go Aaron!:clap: :clap:

KTJ
07-10-2006, 10:36 PM
how do i rationalize it?? dude, look at your sigline UT Superfan #1, it consumes you while on the board...it IS your board personality....and thats all I was saying. Does that really give me a glimpse of who you are? No, not really....but that wasn't my origional point. The point was, we were discussing unforgetable board personalities/characters....and you, in my mind stick out as the "UT Rules, everyone else sucks" crusader....and that is all. so quit taking it so hard and personal and then come in here, saying "its not big deal" and trying to paint me as irrational. Nothing against you personally, I'm sure you're an intelligent guy and probably fun to be around and whatnot, but your board personality is a bit annoying at times, and you do come off as inmature, especially w/ your sigline being a testiment to how OU is UT's REAL rival and blah blah blah...come on man...but that works for you and makes you stand out from the rest. Go with it man...but don't let it bother you when the casual observer points it out. Cheers! :kiss:

So my sig is what makes you think I'm immature? (Which, BTW, my sig was taken from another website, and it was yet another joke to get back at AJ.)

I've never come to this website and proclaim that "UT is the best and everyone else sucks." Not once have I said that. In fact, I can point out numerous times I've given props to other schools.

With that said, what about the other posters who do the same with their university? Are they classified as "immature" too? Or do they get a free pass?

IHStangFan
07-10-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
So my sig is what makes you think I'm immature? (Which, BTW, my sig was taken from another website, and it was yet another joke to get back at AJ.)

I've never come to this website and proclaim that "UT is the best and everyone else sucks." Not once have I said that. In fact, I can point out numerous times I've given props to other schools.

With that said, what about the other posters who do the same with their university? Are they classified as "immature" too? Or do they get a free pass? LOL....no, its not your sigline (the sigline just reinforces my point)...its your zeal & unyielding approach that sets you appart from the rest of the homers, how worked up you get about such things...this thread is quickly turning into the perfect example....you take it to a different level and you never yield, even when you should, not once have I seen you tell another poster on here "you're right, I'm wrong, sorry" Anyway... just let it go, I made an observation, and voiced my opinion. There is no need for you to keep dragging it out. Now, good luck to you, and the teams you cheer for this year. I hope we can still be friends. :rolleyes:

KTJ
07-10-2006, 10:58 PM
LOL....no, its not your sigline (the sigline just reinforces my point)...its your zeal & unyielding approach that sets you appart from the rest of the homers, how worked up you get about such things...this thread is quickly turning into the perfect example....you take it to a different level and you never yield, even when you should, not once have I seen you tell another poster on here "you're right, I'm wrong, sorry" Anyway... just let it go, I made an observation, and voiced my opinion. There is no need for you to keep dragging it out. Now, good luck to you, and the teams you cheer for this year. I hope we can still be friends. :rolleyes:

Haha, I'm not dragging it out nor and I'm trying to "win this thread." You voiced a negative opinion about me and I'm trying to find out why that's the case.

If you've never seen me tell a poster that they were right and I was wrong, or if you've never seen me congratulate other teams, then you don't check this site as often as you should.

The rolleyes at the end = pure genius.

IHStangFan
07-10-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Haha, I'm not dragging it out nor and I'm trying to "win this thread." You voiced a negative opinion about me and I'm trying to find out why that's the case.

If you've never seen me tell a poster that they were right and I was wrong, or if you've never seen me congratulate other teams, then you don't check this site as often as you should.

The rolleyes at the end = pure genius. :rolleyes:

KTJ
07-10-2006, 11:03 PM
So....

I guess you're not going to answer any of my questions?

IHStangFan
07-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
So....

I guess you're not going to answer any of my questions? you're right, I voiced an OPINION of mine based on things I've seen you post over time. Sure, its not ALL negative, but you sir, are one who likes to stir the pot. People who like to stir the pot tend to annoy me. You stir almost constantly, then when confronted you are very standoffish about it and plead your case until its not even relevant anymore, just like youre doing here. That's my opinion, I've stated it, Now you know why. Good enough?

KTJ
07-10-2006, 11:07 PM
Hmm, what have I stirred the pot on? Give me an example?

I think the last post I started was "words that start with H."

IHStangFan
07-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Hmm, what have I stirred the pot on? Give me an example?

I think the last post I started was "words that start with H."

:D I really dont feel that I need to continue justifying myself to you here. I have an opinion, whether or not you agree, like, dislike, misunderstand, or just plain DON'T understand it, is beside the point. Let it go, and enjoy your evening.

KTJ
07-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I really dont feel that I need to continue justifying myself to you here. I have an opinion, whether or not you agree, like, dislike, misunderstand, or just plain DON'T understand it, is beside the point. Let it go, and enjoy your evening.

Dude, that's because you haven't justified yourself. You haven't given me one example of how I'm "mmature or stir the pot", as you say.

The only thing you've said is my sig is a great example...that's it. Other than that, you haven't said anything with validity.

I think you saw a prime opportunity to vent of how you hate me and my posting on this site, due to the nature of this thread. And vented, you did.

District303aPastPlayer
07-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Dude, that's because you haven't justified yourself. You haven't given me one example of how I'm "mmature or stir the pot", as you say.

The only thing you've said is my sig is a great example...that's it. Other than that, you haven't said anything with validity.

I think you saw a prime opportunity to vent of how you hate me and my posting on this site, due to the nature of this thread. And vented, you did.

okay, so look... you dont know when to quit. now would be a good time. this is the EXACT reason he said what he said... you just stir the pot, egg people on by being stand offish...

on this board, you are the type to say something and imply it, but not ever come flat out and say it. so i will do the opposite.

i dont like you. period.

KTJ
07-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
okay, so look... you dont know when to quit. now would be a good time. this is the EXACT reason he said what he said... you just stir the pot, egg people on by being stand offish...

on this board, you are the type to say something and imply it, but not ever come flat out and say it. so i will do the opposite.

i dont like you. period.

Wow.

Alrighty.

KTJ
07-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Anyone else want to get their licks in while the vulnurability is still high?

I'll be up all night, so just let me know.

LH Panther Mom
07-11-2006, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

I still like you. :kiss: Unless you stand me up again. :p ;)

pirate44
07-11-2006, 06:55 AM
i appreciate everyone on this board

no..really

CHS_CG
07-11-2006, 08:07 AM
One poster I will never forget on here.... HornetPride

man i wanted to punch that guy in his big head!

JasperDog94
07-11-2006, 08:29 AM
I miss Mean Machine. But I guess I could always use my wall to argue with and have the same results.:)

Phil C
07-11-2006, 08:41 AM
I enjoy the Tour de France.

pirate44
07-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
:clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
07-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

To tell you the truth KTJ...I haven't really noticed any of the "behavior" so much that IHSStangFan is talking about.

I've always liked you!!

(Of course, I have never had to argue with you either!!):D :D

DaHop72
07-11-2006, 08:50 AM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION:mad:

Manck
07-11-2006, 08:51 AM
That Manck guy is a real a-hole.

KTJ
07-11-2006, 08:52 AM
To tell you the truth KTJ...I haven't really noticed any of the "behavior" so much that IHSStangFan is talking about.

I've always liked you!!

(Of course, I have never had to argue with you either!!):D :D

I like you too, despite the fact that Greenwood beat Gainesville in the state-semis for basketball a few years back.

KTJ
07-11-2006, 08:53 AM
I still like you. :kiss: Unless you stand me up again. :p ;)

Never again will I ever do that.

pirate44
07-11-2006, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Manck
That Manck guy is a real a-hole.
ROFL

not to mention, he likes soccer :D

Adidas410s
07-11-2006, 08:59 AM

I admire the Tour de France.

EVEN THOUGH IT'S BORING!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Manck
07-11-2006, 08:59 AM
And he WILL kill.

pirate4state
07-11-2006, 09:00 AM

What is the Tour de France? :thinking: :D

injuredinmelee
07-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I used to detest the nicholi guy at the pig. I quit going to the pig after I was allowed back here.
then there was the racist guy over at the pig also. fridaynight lights or heros something like that. He was a true pig.

Ranger Mom
07-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

then there was the racist guy over at the pig also. fridaynight lights or heros something like that. He was a true pig.

Yeah.....that was the one I was tring to think of......who was he always arguing with?? Someone from Lubbock, wasn't it....or was he the one from Lubbock always arguing with someone from Odessa??

I can't remember!!

Bullaholic
07-11-2006, 09:28 AM
The point of this thread was to recall, fondly, some of the personalities we have encountered in our board travels over the years. One truth continues to emerge as we discuss "personalities"---different "strokes" for different folks. No 2 posters can read each other's posts and interpret them exactly the same way. Nearly everyone at one time or another has encountered another poster who "grates" on them. We all know how boring things would be if we all thought alike. To me, giving another poster a little "back" for bashing your team or talking "trash" is acceptable. However, if we allow our discussions to get "personal", then things can get ugly in a hurry, and probably should be handled via PM (Not trying to tell any poster what they "should" or should not" be doing---I don't have that authority---just throwing out "food for thought.) I haven't said anything in this post that has not been said 1000 times before---we just all forget sometimes and lose sight of the purpose that brings us all here and "unites" us---our love of Texas HS sports and the kids who play them.

Adidas410s
07-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Yeah.....that was the one I was tring to think of......who was he always arguing with?? Someone from Lubbock, wasn't it....or was he the one from Lubbock always arguing with someone from Odessa??

I can't remember!!

I think he was Fridaynightheroes and he was always arguing with Nicholi (a Tech grad who lives in Dallas) or Mojo1fan who lives in Odessa. I don't remember which. I'm guessing that he was finally ROM'd when a few of the mods showed up a few months back.

pirate4state
07-11-2006, 09:41 AM
The point of this thread was to recall, fondly, some of the personalities we have encountered in our board travels over the years. One truth continues to emerge as we discuss "personalities"---different "strokes" for different folks. No 2 posters can read each other's posts and interpret them exactly the same way. Nearly everyone at one time or another has encountered another poster who "grates" on them. We all know how boring things would be if we all thought alike. To me, giving another poster a little "back" for bashing your team or talking "trash" is acceptable. However, if we allow our discussions to get "personal", then things can get ugly in a hurry, and probably should be handled via PM (Not trying to tell any poster what they "should" or should not" be doing---I don't have that authority---just throwing out "food for thought.) I haven't said anything in this post that has not been said 1000 times before---we just all forget sometimes and lose sight of the purpose that brings us all here and "unites" us---our love of Texas HS sports and the kids who play them.

You are just trying to win the "sportsmanship poster" award!! :p :p :D (j/k)

:clap: Nice post by the way!!! :thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
07-11-2006, 09:55 AM
I think he was Fridaynightheroes and he was always arguing with Nicholi (a Tech grad who lives in Dallas) or Mojo1fan who lives in Odessa. I don't remember which. I'm guessing that he was finally ROM'd when a few of the mods showed up a few months back.

yes mojo was his name.