PDA

View Full Version : Adidas' Poll on the classless French

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 02:00 PM
which of the following 3 classless acts was the worst yesterday???

1. French superstar Zinedine Zidane flips out and headbutts an Italian player in the chest, receiving a red card in overtime and potentially costing France a chance to win the World Cup.

2. French national team coach Raymond Domenech yelling at officials upon Zidane's ejection and proceeding to kick water bottles onto the field even though he had seen the actions of his player.

3. French fans booing every time that Italy had possession of the ball through the overtime and penalty kick periods. I'm not sure why they were booing Italy when it was their own player who committed the foul and was deservedly ejected from the game.

tigerpride_08
07-10-2006, 02:01 PM
the headbutt was like crazy..i have to go with that one...

big daddy russ
07-10-2006, 02:01 PM
How about option 4, the French just suck in all aspects of life.

But seriously, the coach throwing a fit over that? That's rediculous.

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 02:02 PM
sorry for the two threads...it didn't let me make a poll the 1st time.

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 02:05 PM
All the above. But, the head butt was the most classless.

Phil C
07-10-2006, 02:05 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

The French player might have been provoked. We don't have all the facts yet.

Blastoderm55
07-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Heard on the radio that the Frenchman acted due to a racial or ethnic slur that had been fired his way. Regardless, not a very tactful thing to do in what was supposedly his final game.

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Heard on the radio that the Frenchman acted due to a racial or ethnic slur that had been fired his way. Regardless, not a very tactful thing to do in what was supposedly his final game.

What...a long-haired white guy making fun of a bald white guy??? :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
SHOW SOME COMPASSION!! :mad:

The French player might have been provoked. We don't have all the facts yet.

A quote from Alexi Lalas (former US team member and current
ESPN analysts).

"I don't care if he's talking about his momma, his ethinicity, or his
country. You just do not do that on the field".

CHS_Grad '85
07-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
A quote from Alexi Lalas (former US team member and current
ESPN analysts).

"I don't care if he's talking about his momma, his ethinicity, or his
country. You just do not do that on the field". I have to agree... there is a line that just shouldn't be crossed...

Blastoderm55
07-10-2006, 02:14 PM
That's what I was wondering about. Perhaps it was more along the lines of a "Jour Mama" joke.

Blastoderm55
07-10-2006, 02:17 PM
It happens plenty in American sports. Hell, here the athletes fight with the fans and throw bats at the refs. I'm sure they'll be punished.

DU_stud04
07-10-2006, 02:22 PM
ZIDANE is a PIMP!!!!!! seriously, thats the way to go out....hahahaha:clap: :clap: :D

CHS_Grad '85
07-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Materazzi denies calling Zidane "terrorist
Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:33 PM BST

ROME (Reuters) - Italy defender Marco Materazzi on Monday denied a report that he had called Zinedine Zidane a "dirty terrorist" seconds before the French captain head-butted him in Sunday's World Cup final.

"It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist. I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means," the Italian news agency Ansa quoted Materazzi as saying after the Italian team returned to Rome.

"The whole world saw what happened on live TV," he added.

The Paris-based anti-racism group SOS Racism had earlier quoted well informed sources as saying Materazzi had apparently used the phrase.

"According to several very well informed sources from the world of football, it would seem that the Italian player Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'," SOS Racism said in a statement.

Zidane, the son of Algerian immigrants, was shown a red card after the incident and Italy went on to win on penalties after the match was tied 1-1 following extra time.

SOS Racism called for an inquiry and said world soccer's governing body FIFA had recently toughened sanctions against racism.

"It's for this reason that SOS Racism asks in a determined fashion for FIFA to shed light on this altercation and that sanctions laid out in the official rules be applied should this be the case," SOS Racism said.

French television reported that Zidane would talk about the incident "in the coming days".

CHS_Grad '85
07-10-2006, 02:56 PM
World-Materazzi denies calling Zidane "dirty terrorist"
Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:14 PM BST

ROME, July 10 (Reuters) - Italy defender Marco Materazzi denied on Monday reports that he had called Zinedine Zidane a "dirty terrorist" seconds before the France captain head-butted him in Sunday's World Cup final.

"It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist. I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means," the Italian news agency Ansa quoted Materazzi as saying after the Italian team returned to Rome.

IHStangFan
07-10-2006, 02:58 PM
the French lack class in most everything they do....but yes, that whole headbutt thing on Zidane's part was WAY classless. Then the coach's reaction....he should have been ejected as well.

tigerpride_08
07-10-2006, 03:08 PM
if there was words said on the field you can't let that interfere with the biggest game of their lives...he could have settled it off the field...i know thats still bad but you don't wanna hurt your team...

sinton66
07-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Adidas, I think you left out one classless act. The French being............................well, FRENCH!.:D

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Adidas, I think you left out one classless act. The French being............................well, FRENCH!.:D

true...true...

make sure you don't miss it when you reach 11k on posts soon! ;)

STANG RED
07-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

DITTO!!!

sww-bull52
07-10-2006, 09:13 PM
I'd vote for all of the above.

Got no use for the French.

BTEXDAD
07-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

:thumbsup:

Pmoney
07-11-2006, 11:09 AM
i cant say the headbutt cause that was awesome.....so im going w/ wat is the French booing the Italians, Alex

Phil C
07-11-2006, 11:48 AM
We have to remember some of the good things too though. Remember they were important allies of us during the two World Wars. Plus they gave us the Statue of Liberty and the Louisiana Purchase and supported us in our two wars with Great Britain. Plus they have the Tour de Fance.

Phil C
07-11-2006, 11:56 AM
We have to also remember that Louis Pasteau of France discovered the cure for rabies which saved thousands of lives all over the world.

Plus Tony Parker is from France and has been a great player for the San Antonio Spurs.

big daddy russ
07-11-2006, 12:35 PM
We have to remember some of the good things too though. Remember they were important allies of us during the two World Wars. Plus they gave us the Statue of Liberty and the Louisiana Purchase and supported us in our two wars with Great Britain. Plus they have the Tour de Fance.
WWI- They got rolled.
WWII- Vichy France was a puppet regime of Hitler's. Ever seen Casablanca?

Now they did help us with our independence, gave us the Statue of Liberty, and they do have the Tour de France, a bicycle race in which Texan Lance Armstrong rolled France even worse than the Germans and Austrians did in WWI and Hitler did in WWII.

Sweetwater Red
07-11-2006, 12:38 PM
We have to also remember that Louis Pasteau of France discovered the cure for rabies which saved thousands of lives all over the world.

Plus Tony Parker is from France and has been a great player for the San Antonio Spurs.

I just don't find those two comparable.:thinking:

BTEXDAD
07-11-2006, 01:17 PM
I assume you heard about the frenchmen who were visiting a Texas ranch. Cattle were being "worked" and the delectables were to be served for the evening meal.
When Frenchmen were told the main course was calf fries they were anxious to try, but when they found out that one side dish was to be French fries, they headed back to Paris and haven't been back to Texas since.