PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Soccer World Cup

Phil C
07-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Many people don't understand why American's don't like the World's most popular sport. World Wide there were four times as many people watching the final World Cup Soccer game between France and Italy than the Super Bowl, World Series of Baseball or the NBA finals championship games.

pirate44
07-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Many people don't understand why American's don't like the World's most popular sport. World Wide there were four times as many people watching the final World Cup Soccer game between France and Italy than the Super Bowl, World Series of Baseball or the NBA finals championship games.
i enjoy their sports the way i'd enjoy living in their countries

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

Phil C forgive me for this...

Last year an estimated 90 million people watched the Super Bowl.

For this year's Final between Italy and France ESPN reported that
there were an estimated 1.1 billion viewers. That's 11 times as
many viewers.

Phil C
07-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

many viewers.

:eek:

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 02:09 PM

many viewers.

actually...that would be an estimated 12+ times as many viewers! :eek:

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Ok... Mr. Beautiful Mind...:D

Phil C
07-10-2006, 02:12 PM

:eek:

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Ok... Mr. Beautiful Mind...:D

I'm just good with this guy...:D

http://www.eeei.gr/images/hex1.gif

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm just good with this guy...:D

http://www.eeei.gr/images/hex1.gif

What's this ??? :D

Txbroadcaster
07-10-2006, 05:32 PM
While I enjoy soccer even in non-WC years, the whole more people watched the WC than the SB. WS, and NBA Finals is a flawed argument.

Ur comparing a tournament the is played once every four years, between COUNTRIES, to Professional league sports that are played in ONE country between teams in that country every year.

I would hope the WC would have better rankings simply because there is an avenue for more viewers for it .

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
While I enjoy soccer even in non-WC years, the whole more people watched the WC than the SB. WS, and NBA Finals is a flawed argument.

Ur comparing a tournament the is played once every four years, between COUNTRIES, to Professional league sports that are played in ONE country between teams in that country every year.

I would hope the WC would have better rankings simply because there is an avenue for more viewers for it .

I see your point. I wonder what the numbers are for U.S.
viewers and the WC vs. the Super Bowl.

Cameron Crazy
07-10-2006, 05:39 PM
I wish the NBA Finals or super Bowl was the most watched i just cant get into soccer!

AP Panther Fan
07-10-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

My thoughts exactly...or at least very close. It's an apples to oranges thing.:D

DU_stud04
07-10-2006, 05:52 PM
then how does it look into comparison to the olympics?

thats another event only held every 4 years inbetween countries....the problem is the us of a is too much into themselfs.

DU_stud04
07-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

thats another event only held every 4 years inbetween countries....the problem is the us of a is too much into themselfs.

ok lemme add alittle more, americans are too much into them selfs and their own sports, which are now being taken away from us. look at america's past time....baseball. who is striving in the sport? not as many americans as so people from the dominican, cuba.......

open up people

Txbroadcaster
07-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

I think the big difference on the olympics is it is not ONE sport, but many diff sports. Easier for a country to rally around one team in one sport, than watch a whole bunch of teams, and individual performers in the Olympics