PDA

View Full Version : Goals

CenTexSports
07-10-2006, 01:31 PM
I never have been one to set goals but as of yesterday, I have one. I want to live long enough to shoot my age at golf. One of the guys at the club did it yesterday for the zillionth time.

I shot 69 yesterday and I'm 52. I figure I could do it when I am about 70 if the tees are close enough and my friends give me a few putts.

Does anybody else have any life goals (besides waiting for Ranger Dad to kick off)?

tigerpride_08
07-10-2006, 01:34 PM
i wanna hopefully be a teacher/coach if i can't do anything in baseball...

neck_06
07-10-2006, 01:38 PM
ditto.

tigerpride_08
07-10-2006, 01:43 PM
hey but your already doing something for baseball neck...by the way theres someone from needville whose going to go play some aggie ball with you...he's a schmidt...didn't play this year because of surgery...heard of him?

big daddy russ
07-10-2006, 01:47 PM
My lifelong goal is to own a resort on an island in the South Pacific (Tonga or Bora Bora, preferrably), live off the money it makes me, and do nothing but fish and surf for the rest of my life.

Does setting a goal to be lazy actually count as a goal?

CenTexSports
07-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Sure! What could be a better goal? Except, I have had two bosses whose families have had more money than any of them could possibly spend. I asked both why they worked and they both said the same thing. "You can only do nothing for so long!"

Both told me that they tried everything they could to keep from working; drugs, girls, drinking, you name it. But in the end, you have to have something to keep you going and doing nothing was not it.

big daddy russ
07-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Sure! What could be a better goal? Except, I have had two bosses whose families have had more money than any of them could possibly spend. I asked both why they worked and they both said the same thing. "You can only do nothing for so long!"

Both told me that they tried everything they could to keep from working; drugs, girls, drinking, you name it. But in the end, you have to have something to keep you going and doing nothing was not it.
Hey, fishing and surfing is doing something.:D :D :D